PDA

View Full Version : I need A Newport Rental for Summer.

Big Warlock
03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Looking for something for the months of July and August. Of course I would prefer something with a dock on the beach or bay. But I am open to anything reasonable. Found a place on the beach, three bedroom for $17K per month. Can I do better than that? :eek:
Thanks
Rob

Jordy
03-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Penthouse at the Hilton isn't sounding too bad if you could get a slip at the Dunes. ;)
Of course, that's just my professional medical opinion. :)

Big Warlock
03-07-2007, 10:05 AM
I can stay at the Marriott at Pelican Hill for the same price! Might try the Hyatt for two months as well. Whatever. I am thinking maybe a cottage on Balboa Island or something. Someone out there knows something?

dirty old man
03-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Balboa Bay Club, and I think they have slips or courtesy docks

Jordy
03-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Oh, they love the Donzi at Balboa Bay Club!!! :D :D :D

Big Warlock
03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks!! I got thrown out of there....or asked to leave anyways. Apparently my boat is too loud??? And I don't think they liked to valet my Hummer next to the Bentley's and exotic cars. And I don' t think they liked it too much when one of my friends tried to rent a Ferrari at midnight to drive back to the Back Bay!!!:eek: Yea, I wore out my welcome there. But good idea. Any others?
And the girls with us (in there 30s) were a little young for the "crowd" there. Good news was we brought the average age down by half when we walked in!!! :D

NOTALENT
03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Did you check
www.vrbo.com
and
craigslist
those are your best bets....

DMOORE
03-07-2007, 12:44 PM
17k for a month isn't too bad. My wife and her friends rent one every August and i think they pay 5k for it. 3 bedrooms I believe.
Darrell.

OnlyMoney
03-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Looking for something for the months of July and August. Of course I would prefer something with a dock on the beach or bay. But I am open to anything reasonable. Found a place on the beach, three bedroom for $17K per month. Can I do better than that? :eek:
Thanks
Rob
I'm guessing Jordo will be by since he's an associate of yours. And he's an associate of mine, therefore, I have a chance of crashing on a weekend perhaps :idea: ..... hmmm, you've got my mind wandering...might have to check into some sites I know of. I could so milk this. :D :D

Big Warlock
03-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info. I have been looking on Craig's list. That is a good resource.
I'll chck out the other site as well. Thank you.
Yes, Jordy is the one who usually leads us into trouble where ever we are. :D

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
03-07-2007, 02:23 PM
BURR-WHITE Property managment 949-673-7800

RVRKID
03-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Few on this site, ony 40-50K per month
http://www.burrwhite.com/site/PropertyList/455/DesktopDefault.aspx?PropertyList&PageID=455

Big Warlock
03-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks!

squirt'nmyload
03-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks
Rob
i gave jordy some info a week or so ago, but summer rentals with boat ramps are EXPENSIVE!!!!......my cousin lives on the peninsula and i got him keeping his eyes open:)

Jordy
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
And I don't think they liked to valet my Hummer next to the Bentley's and exotic cars. And I don' t think they liked it too much when one of my friends tried to rent a Ferrari at midnight to drive back to the Back Bay!!!:eek:
We were in the red truck the weekend that someone (not naming any names) thought that taking a Ferrari back to the Back Bay would be a better idea than waiting for a cab. The valet's thought it was funny and even called for authorization for it to be charged to your room, at least that's the version I heard. :D :D :D
p.s. They are rather stuffy there. :D

Jordy
03-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Yes, Jordy is the one who usually leads us into trouble where ever we are. :D
You say that like it's a bad thing... :D :D :D

Big Warlock
03-07-2007, 06:25 PM
The reason we have Jordy is that he is capable of bringing in a large powerboat on one engine with no powersteering while the owner plays pissed, smoking a cigar and crying on his old lady!!! :D
Other than that, getting thrown out of places seems to be his specialty. My life was much calmer prior to Jordy!! :D
But I still can't live without the entertainment!! Who else can find a frenchman, a bunch of cunuks and mexicans and have them singing, drunk in a bar at 05:00 in the morning???? :D (Oh, with my crew in tow???)

Jordy
03-07-2007, 06:43 PM
You still say that as if it's a bad thing. Besides, your appreciation for the funner things in life is off the charts now!!! :D :D :D
If you need me, I'll be at my office down the road from the boat at Hysteria. :)

Wheeler
03-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks
Rob
You could by a house and Pay the 17k per month for the next 360 months.

Jordy
03-08-2007, 07:07 AM
You could by a house and Pay the 17k per month for the next 360 months.
Yeah, good point. What's another mortgage payment anyway??? :D :D :D

Big Warlock
03-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Well that idea has been discussed. I think not. I think a place in PV is in the cards. There is a place in Costa Rica in play as well, but it is just too far. Newport is our July 4th ritual. I love Newport and the bay and the places you can go by boat and hang out. Plus you can run to Catalina and Long Beach for some good times. Seems more and more people from the river are spending time in the ocean with their boats. I think that is a good thing. There have been some good trips to Catalina with HBers and some local powerboats that have been lots of fun. Alot like the original Dam Runs were when those guys started that whole deal. Nothing like a bunch of powerboats taking off at the same time! I kind of miss that with the new starting sequence at Desert Storm.