PDA

View Full Version : Airline Bereavement Rates - HELP? Need an HB travel agent!!!!!

desertbird
03-07-2007, 10:25 AM
I need to attend a funeral in Vancouver, WA. Probably Friday 3/9, but the arrangements are still being finalized.
I need to fly LAX (or BUR, LBG, ONT, ETC) to PDX (Portland). Thursday late night or Friday early morn, and return anytime Saturday afternoon.
Any Travel agents that can help out a ***boater get a Bereavement rate?
This is my best friend's father. Call him a Stepfather or Father-in-Law, but he was the one that took me camping in 20 yrs ago in 5th grade.
Ideal flight is United:
Flight 404 Depart LAX->PDX
Flight 459 Return PDX->LAX
Last night at 9:30pm ORBITZ had a fare as cheap as $200 bucks. Being totally restricted and unrefundable, I couldn't book it because the plans are not finalized.
This morning, same flights, on ORBITZ are over $300. Only 12 hrs later. WTF?!
An empty seat costs more than a full seat, so I know there has got to be a way to still get a fair price on the flight.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sleek-Jet
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Call Divided... uh United... directly...
And the bereavement ticket price is usually the advanced purchase restricted ticket price... used to be years ago they would just put on an airplane and away you'd go, but thanks to de-regulation no more...

wsuwrhr
03-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Yea what he said,
Years ago when my fathers mother died, this was the case.
Call the airlines directly.
Brian
And the bereavement ticket price is usually the advanced purchase restricted ticket price... used to be years ago they would just put on an airplane and away you'd go, but thanks to de-regulation no more...

Big Warlock
03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Call southwest

YeLLowBoaT
03-07-2007, 02:53 PM
go to southwest web site... some times they have better deals then you can get on the phone... Should not be a prob getting to portland.