PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Neighbors

EmpirE231
03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
last night was the drawing point....well so were many other nights, but this time I'm actually writing the letter!! I made a post wayyy back about neighbors dogs that just yap and bark all night and keep you up. well I have moved since and then the neighbor directly next door moves in about 1 month after me... and low and behold... a backyard full of dogs! at one point it was a bunch of chiuawas (sp?) ... honestly no joke there were atleast 7 of them!:jawdrop: well fast forward to recent times. they now have one full grown boxer, 2 chiuawas and one retarted cage bird. all these dogs/animals stay in the backyard, and all of them do nothing but make noise!! this boxer has a loud ass bark... and barks all throughout the night.. early evening... and mornings... right in the corner of the house that lines up with my bedroom window!! and of course the lil tough chiuawas bark along with him! nothing is done to stop them, never hear the neighbors come outside when it''s happening... or never put the dogs inside. last night for example.... 3:30 in the morning.... the boxer is going off like a mad man!! with one of the lil guys helping him out of course... my GF said she was just about to open the window and scream "SHUT YOUR F*CKING DOGS UP!!!!!" but I was like... no.. lets not start some damn neighbor fueding... try to sleep it out.... then at 3:50 couldn't take it... just opened the window and wistled really loud trying to hope the neighbors would be like "OH WOW... MAYBE MY RETARTED DOGS BARKING ALL NIGHT ARE DISTURBING MY NEIGHBORS",,, but nope... dogs kept barking for about another 5 minutes. this happens all the time and is making sleeping a pain in the ass!! on top of that they have a bird that likes to chirp his ass offfffff from 6:30 to 7:30 in the morning (convieniently being the time I have to get outa bed) ... definitely debating taking him out with a BB gun, but they'll know it was either me or the other neighbor :devil:
anyways... if no action is taken after the letter.... who do I call to make the complaints?? police? humane society? animal stuff? help me out. trust me if you had a cool dog that maybe went off randomly a couple times a month... I wouldnt be saying anything.... but when it's happening 5 days a week... I'm pissed!!!!:mad:
here is the letter so far... yes all caps!
DEAR NEIGHBORS
THIS LETTER IS TO INFORM YOU ABOUT A PROBLEM THAT WE ARE EXPERIENCING. YOU HAVE MULTIPLE DOGS THAT BARK THROUGHOUT THE EVENING / NIGHT / MORNINGS, WHICH GO UNATTENTED. THERE IS NOTHING DONE TO STOP THEM, NO BRINGING THEM INSIDE, OR ANY OTHER ACTIONS. SOMETIMES THEY BARK FOR ½ AN HOUR AT A TIME. THIS IS A MAJOR INCONVIENIENCE AS WE CANNOT SLEEP WHEN THE DOGS ARE BARKING, OR WHEN THEY WAKE US IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. IT SEEMS AS YOU HAVE TOTAL DISREGARD FOR RESPECT OF YOUR NEIGHBORS. THIS LETTER SHOULD HAVE BEEN WRITTEN 4-5 MONTHS AGO, WHEN THE PROBLEM STARTED AS YOU MOVED IN, BUT WE FIGURED THAT YOU GUYS WOULD ADDRESS THE PROBLEM. THIS IS A LETTER TO NOTIFY YOU AND GIVE A CHANCE TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT, BEFORE NOISE CONTROL COMPLAINTS ARE MADE. SOME IDEAS TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM COULD BE BRINGING THE DOGS IN AT NIGHT, TRAINING THEM NOT TO BARK THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT, OR GETTING BARK COLLARS. THIS IS AN ANONOMOUS LETTER FROM RESIDENTS IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD.
03/07/2007

EmpirE231
03-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Oh yeah and the dogs like to go off barking anytime someone steps foot out of my backdoor into my backyard :rolleyes:

Wet Dream
03-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Get the other neighbors involved, see if they agree you, get them in your corner and call the cops for a complaint. Keep doing it.

welk2party
03-07-2007, 10:47 AM
We had the same problem and we called animal control to make a noise complaint. Once you make the first complaint it goes on record. After the second complaint they make a visit. If it continues they impound the dogs. Fortunately for my neighbor it stopped after the second complaint.

460 jus getn it
03-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Reason number 1 why my dog wears a bark coller. I dont want to be the neighbor whos dog doesnt SHUT THE F UCK UP.

Mr. C
03-07-2007, 10:51 AM
If nothing changes, i would call animal control and inform them of the barking and maybe let it slip out that they don't have tags and might not be registered. That can get expensive when they go back 2,3, or 4 years for back registration. Plus i think in cali we have a 3 pet limit law (not sure though). That doesn't mean 3 dogs, 3 birds etc.(3 total).
Good luck I'm dealing with a little shit dog next door that barks(make that yaps) all day. I would love to kick a field goal with that little sh!t.

echo
03-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Hope this thread brings alot of posts. This is a major problem everywhere. You have to forget about getting along with a neighbor that lets a dog bark. you have to come down hard on the people not the dogs.

mrs.rvrluvr
03-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Call animal control, I think there is some law/rule somewhere that says how many dogs you can own. If not, I'd definately file a complaint with them.

CBadDad
03-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I think it's a good letter. Puts them on notice. I doubt much will change, but at least you initiated the process. Good luck with it.

Run_em_Hard
03-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Where I live if I go and talk to the city, which I have, they send the family a letter and if nothing is resolved in a week or two they ask me to come back. At that point they send them a fine, which they have done. Just a thought. But the population in my city is only 700 or so.

03-07-2007, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't go anonomous or with the caps. If they respond it will be out of courtesy and that they didn't realize it was a problem. If you are in caps you are putting them more on the defensive than they already are. In addition this letter may be used later on (spca, LE, city council)...don't give them any ammo.
i agree, if no response call the proper people in your county

shadow
03-07-2007, 10:58 AM
I'd say screw the anonomous letter and walk over and talk to them when the dogs are barking.
3:30 am would be a good time to wake them up.Maybe then they would realize,If not call the animal control,cops and humaine society.

Mrs.Killer
03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Reason number 1 why my dog wears a bark coller. I dont want to be the neighbor whos dog doesnt SHUT THE F UCK UP.
What is a Bark Coller???

Mr. C
03-07-2007, 11:07 AM
What is a Bark Coller???
it is basically a shock collar, when the dog barks they get a zap. I never used the bark collar but i did use the one that comes with a remote. You use it when you see fit. My golden used to jump up on people when they first came in the house, well after a few good shocks she settled way down. Now she just walks next to you and begs for you to pet her. Have to admit its kinda funny when you turn the power up.

SummitKarl
03-07-2007, 11:08 AM
have you confronted them directly about the problem? the letter route seems like it could go the wrong way..you know like posts or e-mails can be misunderstood without your personality/voice inflections.. if you want to go the "Keep the peace route" I would speak with them directly first, then the letter, then the complaint to the local humane society.
dogs bark for long periods of time for only one reason.....Stress!!!, and it is normally from lack of attention, owner being gone stuff like that.
same thing happed to me, I took a full time job a while back and I had never worked away from home/my dog for many years before that, well sure enough it stressed out my dog and stress barking began for hours on end. hell I had no idea I was away at work, but my friend/neighbor told me one day and no problem...it was taken care of.
best of luck with the problem, if they are responsible pet owners, they will do the right thing.. if they are not, I am sure the Humane society can teach them how to be;)

Dan Lorenze
03-07-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm having the same problem.. I have two barking Chihuahas on one side and a Beagle on the other side. During the day when I'm off of work, thowing a can in the trash starts a huge barking battle, some days they bark all day long and no one's home at either house.. It really sucks... I'm about to do something about it, but want to do it very gently because I really don't want to start a war with my neighbors, telling them to STFU would do more damage to my living situation than just dogs barking.. I totally feel for you...
PS. They're barking as I type..... :mad:

460 jus getn it
03-07-2007, 11:11 AM
it is basically a shock collar, when the dog barks they get a zap. I never used the bark collar but i did use the one that comes with a remote. You use it when you see fit. My golden used to jump up on people when they first came in the house, well after a few good shocks she settled way down. Now she just walks next to you and begs for you to pet her. Have to admit its kinda funny when you turn the power up.Haha, the first time he barked and it zapped him he jumped up about 2 feet. Need less to say if the collar is on he hardly barks.
http://www.canadapets.com/images/dlxbark.gif

Mrs.Killer
03-07-2007, 11:12 AM
it is basically a shock collar, when the dog barks they get a zap. I never used the bark collar but i did use the one that comes with a remote. You use it when you see fit. My golden used to jump up on people when they first came in the house, well after a few good shocks she settled way down. Now she just walks next to you and begs for you to pet her. Have to admit its kinda funny when you turn the power up.
thanks...:)

Mr. C
03-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Haha, the first time he barked and it zapped him he jumped up about 2 feet. Need less to say if the collar is on he hardly barks. Here is a pic for Mrs. Killer
http://www.radiofence.com/images/deluxe_bark_collar.jpg
I know i just have to hold the collar up and look at her and she settles right down.
Why do i onle see a blue box with a ? mark:mad:

Mrs.Killer
03-07-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm having the same problem.. I have two barking Chihuahas on one side and a Beagle on the other side. During the day when I'm off of work, thowing a can in the trash starts a huge barking battle, some days they bark all day long and no one's home at either house.. It really sucks... I'm about to do something about it, but want to do it very gently because I really don't want to start a war with my neighbors, telling them to STFU would do more damage to my living situation than just dogs barking.. I totally feel for you...
Where is Will and Holly.....Land of the Lost, love that show

Deano
03-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I would do what shadow suggested...go bang on their door at 3:30 and tell them to shut the dog up!
I had a neighbor that threw bottles in his trash can at 11pm every night..hard enough to break. I had an infant at the time that woke up every night to it....I went over and told him the next time he does it....I'm going to break one over his head! Idiots..:devil:

460 jus getn it
03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I know i just have to hold the collar up and look at her and she settles right down.
Why do i onle see a blue box with a ? mark:mad:He still trys me, like this am at 6.30 barking at birds in the tree. I understand play barking, but i have neighbors across the alley that there dogs bark and shit. You cant really fault the dog, and if i do anything to them it will make for a f ucked living situation.

edog_103
03-07-2007, 11:20 AM
I had the same problem. I walked over and knocked on their door and woke the whole family up at 2:30am. They came to the door all pissed off. I asked them nicely to make the dogs stop barking.Then filed a report with Animal Control the next morning. Done deal. Not another sound.

SummitKarl
03-07-2007, 11:21 AM
it would be a good time to toss a Exlax coated milk bone over the fence:D

Mrs.Killer
I'd say screw the anonomous letter and walk over and talk to them when the dogs are barking.
3:30 am would be a good time to wake them up.Maybe then they would realize,If not call the animal control,cops and humaine society.
I think this is the best solution....good luck

Mr. C
He still trys me, like this am at 6.30 barking at birds in the tree. I understand play barking, but i have neighbors across the alley that there dogs bark and shit. You cant really fault the dog, and if i do anything to them it will make for a f ucked living situation.
Can relate to that, and i agree it's not the dogs fault, that's why i didn't post my comment about some doctored up doggie treats.:D
ooops guess i just did.

460 jus getn it
03-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Can relate to that, and i agree it's not the dogs fault, that's why i didn't post my comment about some doctored up doggie treats.:D
ooops guess i just did.lmao, i have no idea what your talking about. I didnt see anything

little rowe boat
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
This is what I would do, every night that the dogs bark.If I am awake then they would also be awake.

echo
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
In Moorpark,call city hall,they will take care of it.

EmpirE231
03-07-2007, 11:31 AM
well the all CAPS thing was just more to be clear... not really YELLING. not everyone is up with the internet lingo anyway :D . Trust me... I'd love to walk over there and wake them all up. but I have a major issue with neighbor fueds!! I dont want the next time I have a bbq... the cops to be knocking on my door for noise complaints and so on... it just gets really lame at that point!
keeping it anonymous is simple... they dont know who sent it, so they wouldn't know who to target to get back at :D
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has to deal with this!! it's rediculous. at my friends HOA... any complaints filed with dogs barking is an automatic $50 fine. what's funny is two weeks ago a neighbor had a party down the street.. major music... having fun... and I could sleep to to a lil fergielicious... but not to the dogs barking because of the party!!
last night I was ready to scale the fence and choke that dog out... step on the chiuawa on the way.. and set their bird free:devil:

edog_103
03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
You should go over and tell them in person. Make sure you are wearing nothing more then some poop stained butt huggers and a wife beater.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-07-2007, 11:46 AM
If you are really concerned about a feud, take the caps off. I would also put something in there like, "I'm sure you must not be aware of the amount of noise they are making." . . and "I'm certain if you knew, you would have taken care of it, so I'm writing this letter to let you know." Kinda gives the impression that you know they are nice people and wouldn't meaningly drive their neighbors crazy. If they get pissed over a letter in which you tell them what good people they are, they have bigger problems than barking dogs. Then call animal control :D . Disturbing the peace is disturbing the peace, no matter what time of day or night it is (yes, even on weekends).

duner21
03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Same prob here. I called my neighbor at midnight and told him to take his dogs in they had been barking for 4 hours straight. He did but now he really doesnt say much to me. It was worth it because he takes them in at night now.

Sportin' Wood
03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
The only Dags barking at night are mine, and it pisses me off. I'm on a large property so I have to get up and see whats going on. Normally its Coyote's, or a skunk out for a stroll.
If I had to deal with a tract home situation and the nieghbors dogs never shut up heres a few ideas I would try.
First I would make a personal visit on the weekend and tell them they never stop barking. Its possible they don't know. Maybe.
If I had negitive results in that then the next step would be locating where they hang out and bark. If its next to my property line fence I'm rigging up a water cannon or sprinkler I can just turn on from the back yard. Still no luck.
Wrist rocket with Dog food.. Dumb dogs eat the evidence. Might have to train them not to bark.
Still no luck Middle of the night phone calls to the owner If I'm gonna have a crappy night sleep so are you.
Owner turns off the ringer?
Maybe a sound activated spot light in there bed room window.
Still no luck?
They might find there way to getting out of the yard and running away.:D
My buddy has a great home in Murrieta and is moving because he can't deal with the barking dogs next door. He won't try my tactics for fear of retaliation. Neighbor is a bottom feeding Lawyer.:(

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Our neighbors have 3 barking dogs and we called animal control. Came to find out the dogs had no tags, so the owner had to dish out about 600 bucks on the spot or the dogs were gone.
Kinda a waste of money since one died a couple months later.
I decided after that to install one of them high powered sodium lights that lights up their living room. When the dogs bark, the light comes on. This just lets them know their dogs want to come in.

RiverDave
03-07-2007, 11:52 AM
That's pretty much what I would do as well. Why be anonymous about it?
If nothing at all you should sign the letter with your address so they know exactly who it came from. Honestly though I'd go knock on the door and ask them something like.. "where did you guys get your sound proofing done? Becuase I know you can't be sleeping through this."
RD

EmpirE231
03-07-2007, 11:54 AM
If you are really concerned about a feud, take the caps off. I would also put something in there like, "I'm sure you must not be aware of the amount of noise they are making." . . and "I'm certain if you knew, you would have taken care of it, so I'm writing this letter to let you know." Kinda gives the impression that you know they are nice people and wouldn't meaningly drive their neighbors crazy. If they get pissed over a letter in which you tell them what good people they are, they have bigger problems than barking dogs. Then call animal control :D . Disturbing the peace is disturbing the peace, no matter what time of day or night it is (yes, even on weekends).
dang then I would have to rewrite the whole thing.... + I never knew caps was yelling until online forums :D and how the heck would they not frickin know... its tract homes with single pane windows. I just really hope they got a 1 year ARM loan that sky rockets soon :devil:

Deano
03-07-2007, 11:57 AM
That's pretty much what I would do as well.
RD
Would you bring a pool stick?

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 12:01 PM
BTW, I tried the opening of the gate thing, but as I was letting the dogs out, the owner was pulling up, so I dashed through the backyard and was gonna come into my house through the alley. When I got to the back, they came pullin around to the back, so I ran all the way back to the front and into my house.
The dogs never left!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
dang then I would have to rewrite the whole thing.... + I never knew caps was yelling until online forums :D and how the heck would they not frickin know... its tract homes with single pane windows. I just really hope they got a 1 year ARM loan that sky rockets soon :devil:
Oh, they know, guaranteed. However, MAYBE they have an 18 pack before they go to bed every night (each :D ). Even if they know, you are basically saying, "only an a$$hole would let this happen, and I know you don't want to be an a$$hole."
Although I do like RiverDave's idea of asking them about the soundproofing material. They would have to laugh at that, and that would break the ice.
Good luck. We got a shock collar for ours. Only the female. She barks at every rabbit, cat, skunk, coyote, or possum that comes through the property. And let me tell you, it's Grand Central Station in our backyard at night.

Dan Lorenze
03-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Where is Will and Holly.....Land of the Lost, love that show
Will and Holly are on a "Routine Expedition" :D

RiverDave
03-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Would you bring a pool stick?
In this case I'd probably bring my g/f.. She's pretty mean and would get the point across in a hurry if they weren't getting it. ;)
Or maybe my "viscious pit bull" she could probably wag her tail at them and they'd fall over in terror. :jawdrop:
RD

Dan Lorenze
03-07-2007, 12:07 PM
In Moorpark,call city hall,they will take care of it.
Thanks........ :idea:

460 jus getn it
03-07-2007, 12:08 PM
In this case I'd probably bring my g/f.. She's pretty mean and would get the point across in a hurry if they weren't getting it. ;)
Or maybe my "viscious pit bull" she could probably wag her tail at them and they'd fall over in terror. :jawdrop:
RDLMAO:D :D :D

Mr. C
03-07-2007, 12:10 PM
The only Dags barking at night are mine, and it pisses me off. I'm on a large property so I have to get up and see whats going on. Normally its Coyote's, or a skunk out for a stroll.
If I had to deal with a tract home situation and the nieghbors dogs never shut up heres a few ideas I would try.
First I would make a personal visit on the weekend and tell them they never stop barking. Its possible they don't know. Maybe.
If I had negitive results in that then the next step would be locating where they hang out and bark. If its next to my property line fence I'm rigging up a water cannon or sprinkler I can just turn on from the back yard. Still no luck.
Wrist rocket with Dog food.. Dumb dogs eat the evidence. Might have to train them not to bark.
Still no luck Middle of the night phone calls to the owner If I'm gonna have a crappy night sleep so are you.
Owner turns off the ringer?
Maybe a sound activated spot light in there bed room window.
Still no luck?
They might find there way to getting out of the yard and running away.:D
My buddy has a great home in Murrieta and is moving because he can't deal with the barking dogs next door. He won't try my tactics for fear of retaliation. Neighbor is a bottom feeding Lawyer.:(
I like some of your suggestions, but like your buddy i live next to a bottom feeder as well, not a lawyer but LE:D
Now before all the LE in building get all upset I am not generalizing or putting you in this catagory, I am simply talking about my neighbor.

EmpirE231
03-07-2007, 12:15 PM
now for the bird ....:idea: do they make BB'guns that would just knock him out? like a big rubber BB? bamb! knocked out cold! frickin little jungle bird.. sounds like my backyard is the rainforest... with dogs in it!
whoever said waking up to birds chirping is a beautiful thing is on crack!

Tom Brown
03-07-2007, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't go anonomous or with the caps. If they respond it will be out of courtesy and that they didn't realize it was a problem. If you are in caps you are putting them more on the defensive than they already are. In addition this letter may be used later on (spca, LE, city council)...don't give them any ammo.
Agree.
The problem with the letter is you are basically kicking them in the nuts with no prior warning. Their response to that letter is pretty easy to predict.
If you make the letter civil and respectful, the odds of them handling the problem will be far, far better.

yopengo
03-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Haha, the first time he barked and it zapped him he jumped up about 2 feet. Need less to say if the collar is on he hardly barks.
http://www.canadapets.com/images/dlxbark.gif
Can I order one of these for my wife? :D

PunkAssBitch
03-07-2007, 01:18 PM
we dealt with this when we first moved in here. Neighbor's next door were complete dip$hits. I tried talking to them about it, but no habla English....:rolleyes:
They had 2 ankle bitter Chihuaha's that bred, so that turned in to 5 of those little yappy rats. They also had a Chow that was always getting loose & was a mean fu(kin' dog.
Called Animal Control...they came over & nailed them on no licenses & gave 'em warnings. Still didn't shut the damn yappers up, nor keep the Chow in their yard. I finally called the County's Abatement office & filed a formal complaint...also got them on using their property as a parking lot for extra income for all the POS vehicles from Mexico in their yard. At one point there was 20 cars & trucks out there! Not to mention trash & overgrown weeds, etc. Did I happen to mention that they also had about 20 people living in there? Mostly kids, with only ONE adult watching these little turds. Their FIVE YEAR OLD broke into our freakin' house!!! Little $hithead climbed the fence, scaled it over to our bedroom balcony, cruised right on in & went into my sons' room & started helping himself to the toys. When I took him home, by his collar...his mom (the ONLY one in the entire house that spoke English yet was rarely around) bitched me out for not locking my sliding glass door. WTF???
These people were complete idiots & I was damn near coming close to hiring someone to teach 'em some lessons. The last incident was when I saw the little thief on their 2nd floor balcony railing on his knees, no hands & no adults around...AGAIN. I called CPS, because AGAIN...NO hable English when I tried to talk to them. We went to Hawaii the next day & when we returned there was a FOR SALE sign in front of their house.
Let me tell ya...I was doing freakin' cartwheels! Good riddance!!!
oh, and come to find out, just before they moved, 2 of those kids died at a family gathering at someone else's place...wandered into the pool (ages 3 & 1) & no one noticed they were missing for about 2 hours. :mad: :jawdrop:
Fu(kin' idiots.

Tom Brown
03-07-2007, 01:22 PM
I remember this one time, my neighbor was doing something I didn't like. That unappreciative kunt did nothing to rectify the situation, even after I went to the trouble of telling him what a useless piece of shit he is. Can you believe that?

Jbb
03-07-2007, 01:23 PM
I remember this one time, my neighbor was doing something I didn't like. That unappreciative kunt did nothing to rectify the situation, even after I went to the trouble of telling him what a useless piece of shit he is. Can you believe that?
And there is a problem with stating the obvious?......Captain mellow?:o

Tom Brown
03-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I love the way you pretend you'd like me to mellow out. That's gold! :D :D

lalhc
03-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't know where you live, but I just recently saw on the news that in Orange County there is a new dog barking ordinance where homeowners will be heavily fined if they do not control their barking dogs.
I would start w/Animal Control

Biglue
03-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Put up your address and a time, We'll party it up into the wee hours of the morning on a Wednsday. That'll learns em. :D

dragboat
03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
You are on the money Sportin', I've tried all of the ideas here in this thread with limited success. A short & sweet anonymous letter, IF that does not work, get on the phone to the cops. It works. The nice neighbors will fix the problem that day or night. The sh**bag neighbors think all the other neighbors got together( if you word the letter right ) or be up nights talking to the law. That gets old even for sh** bags.:rolleyes:
Also, make a flier out of the nice letter and make sure all of the neighbors get at least one ( with the cops phone number on it). Worked for us.
I just wish it worked on the sh**bag's teenagers, and their friends.:devil:

mouzer
03-07-2007, 02:36 PM
WOW ! i just saw this post.and ive lived in my home 9yrs now and we have had afew problems but now this jerk moves in next door with this giant dog (bullmastiff) it think its called and a little white poodle.well to make a short story short that big dog barks all night 1am 3 am it dont matter and the little one start yapping everytime we walk out the back door..this is a every night thing..so i called animal control and there suppose to send me some paperwork to file a complait.i asked him once to quiet the dogs down and his buddy looked right at him and said f-him meaning me.

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 02:46 PM
I think you'll get the last F Him and his dogs. The second time, Animal Control aint so nice.

CA Stu
03-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Get better windows. Adios to the noise.
If that's too expensive, earplugs are cheap. :D
Thanks
CA Stu

SummerBreeze
03-07-2007, 03:10 PM
What kind of people are you dealing with? I would talk to them one on one. Invite them over for a BBQ and let them here for themselves

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
If he's having this kind of problem, the owners don't give a crap about what you think. If they did, they would shut their dogs up.

EmpirE231
03-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Get better windows. Adios to the noise.
If that's too expensive, earplugs are cheap. :D
Thanks
CA Stu
I'm getting vinyl dual pane windows installed in a couple months... but what about the summer nights? run the AC all the time? maybe if the neighbor wouldn't mind paying my electric bill.
and earplugs... you know it... have them next to my bed and have been being used almost every night!
I shouldn't have to soundproof my entire house and sleep with earplugs just because my neighbors are inconsiderate pricks and let their dogs bark all night.
the type of people I'm dealing with... It seems to be a couple teenagers living with their dad. he probably busts his ass all day working and is knocked out when he gets home. I've never seen them play with their dogs or walk them. they are the kind of people that have dogs just to have them... and I really wouldn't mind it if THEIR dogs weren't such a pain in MY ass.

Midlife Advantage
03-07-2007, 03:40 PM
If he's having this kind of problem, the owners don't give a crap about what you think. If they did, they would shut their dogs up.
Exactly. I had a similar situation, went next door to talk to them about it. They simply explained over and over WHY the dumb MFers were barking and I finally told them I dont give a shit, knock it off!
At some point you have to give up on the harmony between neighbors BS and take care of it. but yeah, start out with the anonymous letters, numerous, more serious with each one, then the anonymous phone calls (get caller ID blocking), then file with animal control, kid control, whatever LEA will help. I started with one neighbor down the hill behind me, chucking rocks at the little rats until he came over. That was fun...

Riverkid
03-07-2007, 04:33 PM
and the Animal Control finally made them get there Great Dane debarked. Had all the local neighbors pissed. Now they have a new field rat that barks all day. Oh, and now if we have even one car over here on the weekends, they call and complain about noise. There kids are home schooled. No TV, no radio.
Wonderful.

Nord
03-07-2007, 04:40 PM
That's pretty much what I would do as well. Why be anonymous about it?
If nothing at all you should sign the letter with your address so they know exactly who it came from. Honestly though I'd go knock on the door and ask them something like.. "where did you guys get your sound proofing done? Becuase I know you can't be sleeping through this."
RD
I agree this is the right approach. I just printed the rules that applied to nuisance dog barking from the city and highlited them. Then I put that in their mailbox as a warning. Dog has a bark collar on him now :)

Moneypitt
03-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Call the police at 3 AM. Tell them you think there may be a problem next door because the dogs are going nuts.....The police will check it out by knocking on their door.........Who knows what they'll find that allows the neighbors to sleep thru the barking........And it will be on record...........MP

Mattman
03-07-2007, 05:01 PM
We have to go out first and advise the owner the animal(s) need to STFU, I mean be quiet and be taken inside. If they are not home we leave a note. The next morning Animal Control automatically pays the owner a visit and the documentation/fines begin.
At one address I actually got bit two times by the dog two different times we were called out there. What's interesting is after the second bite Animal Control responded, took possession of the dog, and it was eventually euthanized.

EmpirE231
03-07-2007, 05:05 PM
We have to go out first and advise the owner the animal(s) need to STFU, I mean be quiet and be taken inside. If they are not home we leave a note. The next morning Animal Control automatically pays the owner a visit and the documentation/fines begin.
At one address I actually got bit two times by the dog two different times we were called out there. What's interesting is after the second bite Animal Control responded, took possession of the dog, and it was eventually euthanized.
\
are you police... or humane society? or??

Mattman
03-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Pd

Troubles No More
03-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Try this-Super Bark Free or Super Bark Stop
It's a bark control products to control the annoyance of barking dogs.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/06-108711_1_.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/BC16G.jpg

Waist Deep
03-07-2007, 06:08 PM
That Bark Free thing sucked for me. Every time the neighbor made a noise, it would let out a high pitch sound.
Funny, it works on humans. He shut up trying to figure out what the noise was.
The dogs kept barking. I did however let him know when they bark, expect a stream of water to hurl over the fence and onto the dogs.
Result : No more barky!

BadKachina
03-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I had the same problem with guy behind me. Little bastard would bark at all hours of the night and especially on the weekends when you were trying to sleep in. I ended up befriending the guy, turns out he had some friends of my friends (small world thing). He told me he knew the little bastard wouldn't stop barking and that he was looking for a home for him. He admitted that he didn't have enough time or knowledge to properly train the dog or give it enough attention.
He eventually gave him to someone, he's probably your neighbors dog now..........:idea: ;)

KreatinKaos
03-07-2007, 08:00 PM
now for the bird ....:idea: do they make BB'guns that would just knock him out? like a big rubber BB? bamb! knocked out cold! frickin little jungle bird.. sounds like my backyard is the rainforest... with dogs in it!
whoever said waking up to birds chirping is a beautiful thing is on crack!
Airsoft guns use use 5mm plastic bbs with velocities ranging 200fps to 500fps :devil:

Screemy1
03-07-2007, 09:48 PM
This should be addressed with animal control, after you get a signature from 2 other neighbors you can get this addressed by the District Attorney's office... then the fines and other probs will start with them..... Then again, I would just knock on thier door and tell them whats up..... who cares if you fued.... make them as uncomfortable as you have been......

fatboy95
03-07-2007, 10:03 PM
it would be a good time to toss a Exlax coated milk bone over the fence:D
ex lax or valium in a hot dog. however dogs do bark and it is their right. You want to "F" the owners. Pepper spray their door knobs and car door handles. When they are not home break off plastic toothpicks in their house door locks. Real pisser when you are locked out of your house. If that doesn't work spray their whole yard with Roundup. Really upsets the jerks but if they are Raider fans nothing you can do but plaster their cars with 49er bumper stickers.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-08-2007, 07:38 AM
I would really hate to find out someone was messing my dogs or any other dogs because they bark. Take it up with the owner, not the dog. Dogs bark. Its what they do. :rolleyes: :D
I will admit when I was growing up, our neighbors had a couple neglected dogs in their backyard that barked allday long. We, as kids, used to throw jalapeno tortillas over the fence. ;) But now that I am older and wiser, I would take it up with the owner.

edog_103
03-08-2007, 09:13 AM
I would really hate to find out someone was messing my dogs or any other dogs because they bark. Take it up with the owner, not the dog. Dogs bark. Its what they do. :rolleyes: :D
I second that. I have a dog, and if I found out some one was messing with him, Im not sure what i would do. All they need to do is man up, go knock on there door and let them know the dogs are making noise all night then file it with animal control.

AltarGirl
03-08-2007, 09:15 AM
last night was the drawing point....well so were many other nights, but this time I'm actually writing the letter!! I made a post wayyy back about neighbors dogs that just yap and bark all night and keep you up. well I have moved since and then the neighbor directly next door moves in about 1 month after me... and low and behold... a backyard full of dogs! at one point it was a bunch of chiuawas (sp?) ... honestly no joke there were atleast 7 of them!:jawdrop: well fast forward to recent times. they now have one full grown boxer, 2 chiuawas and one retarted cage bird. all these dogs/animals stay in the backyard, and all of them do nothing but make noise!! this boxer has a loud ass bark... and barks all throughout the night.. early evening... and mornings... right in the corner of the house that lines up with my bedroom window!! and of course the lil tough chiuawas bark along with him! nothing is done to stop them, never hear the neighbors come outside when it''s happening... or never put the dogs inside. last night for example.... 3:30 in the morning.... the boxer is going off like a mad man!! with one of the lil guys helping him out of course... my GF said she was just about to open the window and scream "SHUT YOUR F*CKING DOGS UP!!!!!" but I was like... no.. lets not start some damn neighbor fueding... try to sleep it out.... then at 3:50 couldn't take it... just opened the window and wistled really loud trying to hope the neighbors would be like "OH WOW... MAYBE MY RETARTED DOGS BARKING ALL NIGHT ARE DISTURBING MY NEIGHBORS",,, but nope... dogs kept barking for about another 5 minutes. this happens all the time and is making sleeping a pain in the ass!! on top of that they have a bird that likes to chirp his ass offfffff from 6:30 to 7:30 in the morning (convieniently being the time I have to get outa bed) ... definitely debating taking him out with a BB gun, but they'll know it was either me or the other neighbor :devil:
anyways... if no action is taken after the letter.... who do I call to make the complaints?? police? humane society? animal stuff? help me out. trust me if you had a cool dog that maybe went off randomly a couple times a month... I wouldnt be saying anything.... but when it's happening 5 days a week... I'm pissed!!!!:mad:
here is the letter so far... yes all caps!
DEAR NEIGHBORS
THIS LETTER IS TO INFORM YOU ABOUT A PROBLEM THAT WE ARE EXPERIENCING. YOU HAVE MULTIPLE DOGS THAT BARK THROUGHOUT THE EVENING / NIGHT / MORNINGS, WHICH GO UNATTENTED. THERE IS NOTHING DONE TO STOP THEM, NO BRINGING THEM INSIDE, OR ANY OTHER ACTIONS. SOMETIMES THEY BARK FOR ½ AN HOUR AT A TIME. THIS IS A MAJOR INCONVIENIENCE AS WE CANNOT SLEEP WHEN THE DOGS ARE BARKING, OR WHEN THEY WAKE US IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. IT SEEMS AS YOU HAVE TOTAL DISREGARD FOR RESPECT OF YOUR NEIGHBORS. THIS LETTER SHOULD HAVE BEEN WRITTEN 4-5 MONTHS AGO, WHEN THE PROBLEM STARTED AS YOU MOVED IN, BUT WE FIGURED THAT YOU GUYS WOULD ADDRESS THE PROBLEM. THIS IS A LETTER TO NOTIFY YOU AND GIVE A CHANCE TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT, BEFORE NOISE CONTROL COMPLAINTS ARE MADE. SOME IDEAS TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM COULD BE BRINGING THE DOGS IN AT NIGHT, TRAINING THEM NOT TO BARK THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT, OR GETTING BARK COLLARS. THIS IS AN ANONOMOUS LETTER FROM RESIDENTS IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD.
03/07/2007
Do you mind if I copy & send this to 2 of my neighbors, 1 who breeds pitbulls & then leaves the puppies outside all day to cry & the other to my neighbor ONE STREET OVER & you can still hear their yappy dog??????!?!?!??!?!?! :mad:

EmpirE231
03-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Do you mind if I copy & send this to 2 of my neighbors, 1 who breeds pitbulls & then leaves the puppies outside all day to cry & the other to my neighbor ONE STREET OVER & you can still hear their yappy dog??????!?!?!??!?!?! :mad:
Go right ahead :D

AltarGirl
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Go right ahead :D
We have 3 dogs & the little one is a little barky, but it's almost always b/c someone knocks at the door or pulls up to the house & it's not too long generally. Just the usual protecting her turf, but the dog down the street is ridiculous!! We had people over last week & even they were like "Are you kidding me?!"