PDA

View Full Version : looks like ill be out there again....

dirtracer
03-07-2007, 11:50 AM
At least for a little while...I just traded my buggy for this thing...Ive always wanted one of these....Anyways, its an 03 f26 with 300x's. Its also for sale at 89k if anybody wants it!

DCBDaytona
03-07-2007, 12:03 PM
At least for a little while...I just traded my buggy for this thing...Ive always wanted one of these....Anyways, its an 03 f26 with 300x's. Its also for sale at 89k if anybody wants it!
Nice. Smart move to ditch the Teague Blower Motor F-26 for the Whackers. You've now got yourself a reliable 100 mph boat for the summer Havasu heat. I assume it came with 15x32 4 blade cleavers?
As for $89k...already trying to make a quick buck, huh?:D

dirtracer
03-07-2007, 12:06 PM
it has 34's on it. From what my buddy told me, this boat has seen 114. I have yet to take it out, but he said 4 people full of fuel it planes with ease.

DCBDaytona
03-07-2007, 12:11 PM
it has 34's on it. From what my buddy told me, this boat has seen 114. I have yet to take it out, but he said 4 people full of fuel it planes with ease.
It's possible that with 34's it would run 114mph in the winter. But in the summer heat, full of fuel, people and gear it will take about 1 min to come on plane. It's even tough with 32's...Just an FYI - You will run 100-105 with 32's in the 100+ degree heat in Havi.

dirtracer
03-07-2007, 12:36 PM
yah, that 114 probably was on a cold winter day with a light load...He did say though in the summer with 4 people and full tanks it gets up on plane with ease. Maybe it has something to do with the lighter lay-up on this boat..

ADDICTED
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Nice looking boat!!!!!
Maybe I can go for a ride in that :D

dirtracer
03-07-2007, 03:41 PM
sure,
but this one stays parked at night!!...lol
Nice looking boat!!!!!
Maybe I can go for a ride in that :D

TOBTEK
03-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Id drive it before you go saying that.... four people, full gas, 34's....your NOT rolling over with ease. trust me on this one. I would like to try your 34's though:D I have 28 and 30 four blade clevers if you ever want to demo them.
Congrats on the new 26.... sweet boat! Still think Drew has the fastest 26 with OB's around.... the yellow banana boat haul ass.

SJP
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Random ? - is the DCB racing on the side vinyl, gel or paint. Saw it in the trader. Killer ride - Congrats.

Boatmaster
03-07-2007, 05:45 PM
110 Nor Cal Lake Shasta heat, and still get on plane with a full load no problem. No joke. And that is with 34 four blades. I have driven that boat at 111mph in 100+ heat many time last summer. Nice boat Dirt Racer, I love the all white gel. Clean and classey just like Guru's/Randy's old boat. I got 112 last fall in the yellow boat and thought I was the king of outboard F26s. I guess not.:( Oh well I will run Tunnel T's 35 pitch props this weekend and report back!:D

F26
03-07-2007, 07:40 PM
[
this was my first DCB...it will definitely run over 112 in the right conditions..seen it on more than one occasion with two people and light load on flat water and high humidity.
ran 111 in early spring with three people,half tanks and a 18 pack BL and I believe it has more in it despite the shit i am about to catch for saying it
dirtracer...pm me and i will let you know where i left off setting this boat up if you want...you can squeeze more out of it without touching the 300s
Congrats... I still love this boat! Let me know before oyu sell!

98 Vector 21
03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
:confused:

Charley
03-08-2007, 12:16 AM
Nice choice on the DCB! but also a Nice buggy you traded... Racers are sik $hit!:D

Kilrtoy
03-08-2007, 12:30 AM
I gotta call BULLSHIT on this whole thing.
I believe boatmaster has the proven fastest F26 with outboards.
I'll be in town this weekend and I am shooting for 110MPH and that might be a reach. I ran 108 two times in oct with jacked props(32's banging the Rev) and a DCB employee onboard to witness this.
I saw you cruising around 2 weeks ago, very nice boat, Just cant buy the 114MPH

XFactor
03-08-2007, 06:30 AM
I'll be in town this weekend and I am shooting for 110MPH and that might be a reach. I ran 108 two times in oct with jacked props(32's banging the Rev) and a DCB employee onboard to witness this.
Good luck this weekend Miguel. I don't think the weather will cooperate. 90+ degrees and dry won't help at all.
See ya out there Sat. I'll be going for a personal best speed on my boat as well. :D ;) :D

DCBDaytona
03-08-2007, 06:37 AM
You should be able to get 110mph. Trim is high and let it fly!
And both you and I know how well the 32's in the heat react with a 26 full of people and crap. Just not fun coming on plane...We had 34's as well, yikes. It was embarrasing coming on plane!;)

BoatFloating
03-08-2007, 08:14 AM
So let me get this straight? You just bought this thing for 85K yesterday and it's up for sale at 89K??? Nice little profit..... Man do DCB owners every keep a boat longer than 24 hours.....
34P props and 114 mph might be possible.....but 4 people full tanks and planes with ease????? Good luck and give yourself a good runway cuz your going to need some take space....

Jordy
03-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Man do DCB owners every keep a boat longer than 24 hours.....
C'mon now Rock, you know it's all part of the RACING. Much like LeMans, DCB owners have 24 hours from the purchase time to have it listed in the SPAM section. Casually mentioning that it's for sale is kind of a grey area. :D :D :D

F26
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah your right.... I was dumb to think regular 300Xs could outrun those 300X INTERCEPTERS :D

UnionJack
03-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Nice. Smart move to ditch the Teague Blower Motor F-26 for the Whackers. You've now got yourself a reliable 100 mph boat for the summer Havasu heat. I assume it came with 15x32 4 blade cleavers?
As for $89k...already trying to make a quick buck, huh?:D
Don't f with his first 26.... that this was sweet

mbrown2
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Don't f with his first 26.... that this was sweet
Exactly....your boat was sick!...
Also, those 300x's and outboards in general are not trouble free...unless you are using them to catch fish and not to go hell bound across Havi all day :)

DCBDaytona
03-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Exactly....your boat was sick!...
Also, those 300x's and outboards in general are not trouble free...unless you are using them to catch fish and not to go hell bound across Havi all day :)
I disagree. It seems you've had some problems, but your case is rare.

mbrown2
03-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Problems with 300x's and 300pm's are rare?....keep those rose colored glasses on :)...Xfactor had issues, I had issues (Crank and Lower in 24 months) heck your Dad's boat had issues when it was with the original owner, that's just a couple of boats on this board I was able to rattle off without any research........Go to Lakeland and see how many 300x's and PM's come in there for more then service....Face it...any engine that lives at 6K+ RPM's for long periods of time fails.

XFactor
03-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Rare??? Wow...where would you like me to start. Forget it. I don't have that kind of time. I can assure you Merc has had ALOT of problems with X's set up for performance. Mike was right, they make great fishing boat motors. :D

XFactor
03-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Post Deleted

TOBTEK
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
OK. Lakelands no competitor to me. They SUCK!!!!!
why you say???? was it the lower water pick up deal? they have allways been great to me.

Kilrtoy
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah your right.... I was dumb to think regular 300Xs could outrun those 300X INTERCEPTERS :D
well if you had work done on them, then sure it can do 114, stock, im not buying it. If I can get my boat to start(hasnt seen the water since OCT), then I would love to see this thing fly past me 114

Kilrtoy
03-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Problems with 300x's and 300pm's are rare?....keep those rose colored glasses on :)...Xfactor had issues, I had issues (Crank and Lower in 24 months) heck your Dad's boat had issues when it was with the original owner, that's just a couple of boats on this board I was able to rattle off without any research........Go to Lakeland and see how many 300x's and PM's come in there for more then service....Face it...any engine that lives at 6K+ RPM's for long periods of time fails.
Knock on wood and I hope I dont jinx myself, but I have blown only 3 lowers.:2purples: as far as the engines they are at 112 hours and running strong...
KNOCK ON WOOD, just not in the water

ClownRoyal
03-08-2007, 03:51 PM
...See ya out there Sat. I'll be going for a personal best speed on my boat as well. :D ;) :D
Looking forward to hearing the numbers:eek:

mbrown2
03-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Knock on wood and I hope I dont jinx myself, but I have blown only 3 lowers.:2purples: as far as the engines they are at 112 hours and running strong...
3 Lowers in 112 hours sounds about the same as a Teague 800 with a bravo hanging off the back of an F26....Bravo every 30-50 hours..
Again, lowers on the 300's have issue with the seals and when ran set high....you have yours set up conservately so I am suprised you have been through 3....must be all the hot naked chicks on your boat cause your SHAFTs to fail!:)

TOBTEK
03-08-2007, 09:09 PM
looks likes I have been LUCKY.... 58 hours and one thurmastat went bad the first weekend out..... or, as Richie says " I drive it like a puss" :)

CHAD1
03-08-2007, 09:10 PM
well if you had work done on them, then sure it can do 114, stock, im not buying it. If I can get my boat to start(hasnt seen the water since OCT), then I would love to see this thing fly past me 114
IT WAS THE LITTLE THINGS (WORK) F26 DID TO MAKE THAT BOAT HAUL A S

Deano
03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
IT WAS THE LITTLE THINGS (WORK) F26 DID TO MAKE THAT BOAT HAUL A S
Do tell. Work on engines or ??....

CHAD1
03-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Pm F26 For The Specifics. Listen To Those Motors Idle. 3 Blades
Worked To Get Up With A Load But Were Faster On The Big End. Very Nice Boat And Was Well Taken Care Off.

JPA
03-10-2007, 05:49 AM
I think the Sportmasters look really cool and are probably the most efficient production gearcase on the market,...but I thought they were suppose to be really stout. I have been told that I needed to convert one to fit my V8 Evinrude and that I would like it better,..I do not know if I would if people are blowing them up with stock power on the motors they were intended for. I know they all break sooner or later but damn,..with stock power on a lake boat.:jawdrop:

BoatFloating
03-10-2007, 09:34 AM
I think the Sportmasters look really cool and are probably the most efficient production gearcase on the market,...but I thought they were suppose to be really stout. I have been told that I needed to convert one to fit my V8 Evinrude and that I would like it better,..I do not know if I would if people are blowing them up with stock power on the motors they were intended for. I know they all break sooner or later but damn,..with stock power on a lake boat.:jawdrop:
The biggest issue is the seals and pressure build up. There is a vent kit that helps this out.

Kilrtoy
03-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Sportmasters is that what they are calling glorified ALPHA 1 drives now....
As B.F stated it is the seals that blow and lose your lower end oil causing the lower to fail....or in my case twice.
Once was a defective shaft that broke. Luck for me all under warranty.

DCBDaytona
03-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Sportmasters is that what they are calling glorified ALPHA 1 drives now....
As B.F stated it is the seals that blow and lose your lower end oil causing the lower to fail....or in my case twice.
Once was a defective shaft that broke. Luck for me all under warranty.
Sportmaster Lowers are actually quite reliable, but their reliability is based upon several factors...For example, boat weight/X-dimension is very important. Both single and twin Mach 22 setups do no have the same problems as the 26's...Moreover, 2.5's spinning greater RPM have none of the stated problems. If you want TRUE bulletproof lowers, the SM IV drives are sick...and with 300x's, the 26 would haul at 120mph easy. You'd just have to suffer with no reverse.;)
Heavier Mach/F26's spinning big props have the most problems. Between the boat weight and tall prop pitch, they are the weakest link.

dicudmore
03-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Sportmaster Lowers are actually quite reliable, but their reliability is based upon several factors...For example, boat weight/X-dimension is very important. Both single and twin Mach 22 setups do no have the same problems as the 26's...Moreover, 2.5's spinning greater RPM have none of the stated problems. If you want TRUE bulletproof lowers, the SM IV drives are sick...and with 300x's, the 26 would haul at 120mph easy. You'd just have to suffer with no reverse.;)
Heavier Mach/F26's spinning big props have the most problems. Between the boat weight and tall prop pitch, they are the weakest link.
so in other words--shiat breaks sometimes :rolleyes: ;)

Kilrtoy
03-11-2007, 11:00 PM
so in other words--shiat breaks sometimes :rolleyes: ;)
JUNIOR never runs his boat or atleast in some nasty chop where you are flyin out of the water, So he will never break anything:D

DCBDaytona
03-12-2007, 06:49 AM
JUNIOR never runs his boat or atleast in some nasty chop where you are flyin out of the water, So he will never break anything:D
LOL. No comment. Yeah, I NEVER air it out.

Boatmaster
03-12-2007, 03:27 PM
2.5 and 3 liter sportmasters are very different. Plus 3 liters have more torque than the 2.5s. Either way they all break on any given day, but I will put my money on the outboards for reliablity anyday.

dirtracer
03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
dayum........just got back from ensenada last night and there seemed to be a bit of drama in here...haha
The details I have from this boat is just from what my buddy said..I have yet to take it out. Just like the last boat I had the previous owner said he saw 118 where I only could get it to 110. From what F26 is sayin though, it looks like its not too far off!. Ill be happy if this thing will do 105-110. Hey f26, pm me some details on this baby! Im takin it to Richie this week for some impellers and fresh oil. Is it spring break out there right now?

DCBob
03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
2.5 and 3 liter sportmasters are very different. Plus 3 liters have more torque than the 2.5s. Either way they all break on any given day, but I will put my money on the outboards for reliablity anyday.
Yep........what he said;)