PDA

View Full Version : Hey N/W er's....

1968Droptop
03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Where you all hiding ? Bummer about Skagen's board, I hope it'll be fixed in the near future. Just thought I'd start a thread so we keep in touch.

Blown Away
03-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Dam it!!!!!!!!!

malcolm
03-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey guys! How's the NW jetboat crowd doin?
Droppy, what's the latest on your big Ford engine?
Tony, did they flush the whole board on us or what?

jrork
03-07-2007, 08:39 PM
We're still around but I gotta side with Tony, Damn it! There was some good BS on there. Hope they can drag it back.
Bout time we get Capt. Assnoff back on ***boat to keep us entertained.

cruser
03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Three more days of being a NorthWeter then I am off to Az for good. It's been fun for the last 56 years.

lilsquirt
03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi guys. Im with you, a lot of good stuff on Skagens board. Im working on a new boat for this year. Ill be ready for Memorial weekend at Roosevelt. Who's all going? Yeah Chris how about the new motor? Any word yet? Squirt

1968Droptop
03-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Malcolm, as far as my buddy the comjp guru, the entire site has been erased, but Skagen is working on a recovery.
My cylinder heads are finally done !!!!!!! Maybe just maybe I'll pick up the rest middle/end of next month !!!!! Interior went back in for good last weekend, seats all mounted correctly, sound system installed and bumping, all new gauges installed and wired, holes plugged in stringers, rail kit awaiting a test fit with a borrowed engine from BLT, all the Weld Drag Lite rims are on, all new braking system installed, all new LED's installed, pump is at Skagens right now getting a new AA impeller installed, lever actuated Place Diveter installed, all new rack and pinion steering installed, new forward/reverse cable installed, all new blue powder coated bezels throughout the entire boat installed (some purple in the back to match the purple areas), 2 postion bilge switch installed and wired up (1st click is center pump, 2 click is all three), high water alarm installed, wider fenders installed awaiting paint (10" vs. the old 7.5"), ignition box installed, and I've replace EVERY philips headed screw/bolt with button head or socket head allen fasteners, yeah been busy !!!!!!!!!! Awaiting the power hatch assembly, and a lot of the fuel lines to arrive still. Sitting on the bench still is the new gear reduction mini starter, fuel filter/water seperator, remote oil filters, and freaking lot of stainless teel fasteners !!!!
3Daytona's, hope the move is a safe one, wish we'd got a chance to boat together, best of luck !!!!!!!!

jrork
03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Jeezus Droppy. You arent kidding youve been busy. Squirt, you headed south to pick up a new boat by chance??

malcolm
03-08-2007, 06:48 PM
DAY-UM! Chris, I may as well just sell mine and get a 10 footer with an outboard on it. :D

oldselmn8tr
03-08-2007, 08:12 PM
I was wondering what happened at skagens, finally got my heads done, watched the rotating assembly get balanced this morning. All i have left is to file fit the ring's and put her all back together then modify my tow bar to fit with new intake. Spring is coming fast!:eek:

cruser
03-08-2007, 08:20 PM
68Drop,
You have been a busy guy, haven't you. You are going at that like I was last year on mine. I finally got to take mine out in August. Sure was exciting to say the least. Now all I got to do is get with the Test N Tune to make it run like it should.
It would have been cool to meet up but the weather up here makes that difficult. If you ever in the Phoenix area, drop me a line on here. We'll go for a ride.

jrork
03-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Olds, Sounds like you're making better progress than me. I'm going backwards.
This was last Sunday
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/IMG_6789.jpg

malcolm
03-09-2007, 08:32 AM
That's how we test hull strength around these parts, park a Dodge on it!

1978 Rogers
03-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Would you expect anything less out of John.

1978 Rogers
03-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Would you expect anything less out of John.

malcolm
03-09-2007, 08:46 AM
No, and no! :D

1978 Rogers
03-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I have no idea why it happened twice twice. :D

malcolm
03-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Better tell the wife you're ready for a double tonight. ;)

1978 Rogers
03-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Better tell the wife you're ready for a double tonight. ;)
:idea:

tittyman
03-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I live in Coeur d'Alene..boat the regular places around here..76 Challenger and 79 Sanger Hydro..like to boat in camp..most of the time at Upper Priest..which is way to choppy..I've asked this question here on the boards before but never got any good answers..where is the best place to launch and to camp along the shore at Roosevelt...not talking about staying in a campground..finding some nice sheltered cove with trees...thanks..

1978 Rogers
03-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I live in Coeur d'Alene..boat the regular places around here..76 Challenger and 79 Sanger Hydro..like to boat in camp..most of the time at Upper Priest..which is way to choppy..I've asked this question here on the boards before but never got any good answers..where is the best place to launch and to camp along the shore at Roosevelt...not talking about staying in a campground..finding some nice sheltered cove with trees...thanks..
Keller Ferry is a nice place, just north fo Wilbur, WA. We've gone there about 10 times in the last 4-5 years. A bunch of us will be there on Mem. Weekend. We'll be staying at River Rue RV Park/campground. Keller Ferry has a nice park and lots of sandy beaches. But Shhhhh, don't tell anyone. ;)

tittyman
03-09-2007, 02:44 PM
I see Keller Ferry on the map..but what about nice camping spots to haul your camping equipment to...some place with lots of trees and coves..I don't think the lower part has many trees..how about the upper part...not in a camp ground..

1968Droptop
03-09-2007, 06:57 PM
What are you doing to your boat ??? New pump ? Blue printing the bottom ??? Or just draining the salt water ??? I can't believe that you boat is upside down ????

malcolm
03-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Gayleen told him to make it an easier color to mix in cake frosting. :D

driptruck
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Its nice to see the northend came over here! It sucks about skagens site hope its back up soon! Good to hear people are getting ready for summer. When do most people hit the Snohomish for the first time? I am hopeing everyone could get together before Memorial Day and do a river run? :)

malcolm
03-09-2007, 07:16 PM
I'll be ready for a river run as soon as it warms up a little and the water calms down some. I guess we're supposed to get a major wet Saturday night.

driptruck
03-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm going to Havasu at the end of the month for a week, so I figure I will have to get the boat out when I get back. April isn't the best weather but I don't think I can wait anylonger!

jrork
03-09-2007, 09:32 PM
What are you doing to your boat ??? New pump ? Blue printing the bottom ??? Or just draining the salt water ??? I can't believe that you boat is upside down ????
Can't stand being the slowest and ugliest boat on the water. When I learned that everybodys bilge pumpe threw a bigger roost than me something had to change.
Tom at Jet Boat Performance is talking me through the pump dealio and sh!t the paint on my boat sucks so....I figured I'd paint it while I had it apart.
While I was at it I figured I might as well try to punch the connecting rod caps through the pan and out the bottom of the boat by trying one of these things too :D .
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/IMG_6752.jpg
Needless to say, I better get busy......

oldselmn8tr
03-09-2007, 09:40 PM
:jawdrop: Steppin it up a little are you?

malcolm
03-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Holy Sh!t!!! You gotta be kidding me!!! I wondered why you're engine was missing an intake in that one pic. :eek:

jrork
03-09-2007, 09:44 PM
:D :D :D Tired of Malcolm showing me the back of his roostertail. Dont know if it's stepping it up and blowing it up but yup, I'm going for it........

malcolm
03-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Need any help packing those sand bags?

oldselmn8tr
03-09-2007, 09:47 PM
It looks bitchen,if you blow it up you just build it faster and better next time. I love that whine!:D

jrork
03-09-2007, 09:50 PM
It looks bitchen,if you blow it up you just build it faster and better next time. I love that whine!:D
Zactly!!! May need you to put the pieces back together for me so keep your Chevy tools handy.
Need any help packing those sand bags?
Just look at your avatar..... Now tell me who's the sandbagger......:D

oldselmn8tr
03-09-2007, 09:57 PM
You just gotta go easy on it.:D As for puttin the pieces back together not a prob.;)

malcolm
03-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Remember who took that pic? I'm still waiting for you to tell me you photochopped it. ;)

jrork
03-09-2007, 10:05 PM
You just gotta go easy on it.:D As for puttin the pieces back together not a prob.;)
Zactly my plan for this year. Low boost and spend this year chasing out the bugs and make sure it's good to go and then get after it next winter.
Remember who took that pic? I'm still waiting for you to tell me you photochopped it. ;)
That hurts..... that really does.....

oldselmn8tr
03-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Ya right, it's funny how plans go out the window when someone pulls up next to you.:)

malcolm
03-09-2007, 10:17 PM
OK dammit, now the gears are turning in my head. :devil:

malcolm
03-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Here's a forum we can use until Skagen get's going again.
http://p200.ezboard.com/bnorthwestjetboats

lilsquirt
03-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Jeezus Droppy. You arent kidding youve been busy. Squirt, you headed south to pick up a new boat by chance??
Maybe, if he doesnt sell it in the next week!:D

jrork
03-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Maybe, if he doesnt sell it in the next week!:D
Saweet! Road trip for Squirt......

lilsquirt
03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Hey John, the boats lookin really good. You gonna be at Roosevelt Memorial Day? Who else is going?

1978 Rogers
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
John I really envy you.
Lilsquirt, River Rue has lots of trees. There is a state campground at Keller Ferry. We just load the cooler back in the rigs and park down by the beach so you don't have to carry crap far.

tittyman
03-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Guys....how about some help here...

1968Droptop
03-10-2007, 02:26 PM
DAMN John, are you really serious ? I loved your boat the way it was, and I thought your paint looked great !!! Your really putting a huffer in it ? How many cubes ? And repainting it ?
tittyman, I personally can't help you out, but 1978 Rogers may be able to ?

Blown Away
03-10-2007, 02:43 PM
I have a new guy working on restoring our site. Not sure what or who did it, but I should Know something soon. John nice job!!

jrork
03-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Yup, We've got a 8-71 with a couple of 850 DPs setting here with no place to go. Actually, it was semi in the plans/dreams from day one.
Malcolm, remember when you asked me about the flattop pistons when I sent you the pics of the motor build way back when? That's why.
We figured we'd dial it in first NA and then step it up next round. We'll shake this out now and then step it up further over next winter/spring.
As far as the paint, I hated it from day one. Since I'm going with a new pump and the blower is gonna make me change the interior, I didnt want the paint the way it was any longer. Got most of the hull done today
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/IMG_6937.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/IMG_6940.jpg
And surprise, under that POS rubrail is a very nice capped hull. Needlesss to say, that rubrail is not going back on........
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/IMG_6935.jpg
Mocking it up......
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/IMG_6758.jpg
Good luck with the site Tony. It was a blast having a "local" site. Thanks for hosting us misfits regardless of whether you get it back.......Take care

1968Droptop
03-10-2007, 05:37 PM
RIGHT ON, that looks awesome John !!! I know one thing for sure, no more wining from you about "my slow n ugly boat" !

jrork
03-10-2007, 06:07 PM
RIGHT ON, that looks awesome John !!! I know one thing for sure, no more wining from you about "my slow n ugly boat" !
:D :D :D Droppy, you know that as long as you have more boat, more sponsons, more cubic inches and more beer, I'll always be the slower and uglier boat.........

jrork
03-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Guys....how about some help here...
Check with Sleepy (aka 78Rogers) as he's the expert on Roosevelt. We've never been but hopefully soon.
Squirt, nope, we're not gonna make it on Memorial Day. It would mean having to tent in (along with getting this boat together quick) and the Rorks and tents DO NOT get along....:D .....long story but I'm sure some of the degenerates can fill in and expand on the story.
Sorry we'll miss you but hope to hook up with you soon.........John

malcolm
03-10-2007, 07:03 PM
We were there with 78rogers last year for the 4th of July. Keller ferry has a nice launch and if you follow the back road out past the overflow parking it eventually comes around right up to the beach. The park rangers get pissy if you park on the grass, so there's a learning curve as to what is "grass". :rolleyes: When we went out exploring the water, it looked like evey other nook and cranny you could camp in had boats and tents on it already. Not sure how it will be for Memorial weekend.

Tahiti350
03-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Me, just checking in. Currently down at the folks place trying to get them up and running a little after my mom destroyed her shoulder on 31 Jan this year. Most of the weekends this year will be running down here to help out while she heals up, so probably not going to make any of the upgrades I was planning for this year after all. She got all the "bling" with a complete Titanium shoulder assembly, about $65K worth so far.
John, looking good, like the new induction.....
Droppy, sounds like it's coming together, and yes, I still want the fenders, just have to figure out when I can get with you to get them.
Everyone else, Hope to make it out a few times, including river trip, but as of right now everything is on the back burner for a while.

1968Droptop
03-11-2007, 07:25 AM
:D :D :D Droppy, you know that as long as you have more boat, more sponsons, more cubic inches and more beer, I'll always be the slower and uglier boat.........
Beauty is in the eye of the boholder, and your beholding a much cooler top half of an engine than I will be :D.
BTW thanks for bailing on me John !!!!! Now there's one less single carbed guy in town............

1968Droptop
03-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Most of the weekends this year will be running down here to help out while she heals up, so probably not going to make any of the upgrades I was planning for this year after all
Droppy, sounds like it's coming together, and yes, I still want the fenders, just have to figure out when I can get with you to get them.
Everyone else, Hope to make it out a few times, including river trip, but as of right now everything is on the back burner for a while.
Sorry to hear about your mom Gary. 65K worth of bling, that'd do a lot on a boat ;)
The fenders are yours still, whens the next time you'll be at Skagen's ? Will you at least get those headers on this year ?

jrork
03-11-2007, 08:01 AM
BTW thanks for bailing on me John !!!!! Now there's one less single carbed guy in town............
:D :D :D

lilsquirt
03-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Sorry were gonna miss you John, I was looking forward to seeing that huffer run. Im not scared of a little rain so Ill have enough fun for everyone. :D Chris, Ill still be holding up the rear of your roost with a single carbed ford, you can stop by for a beer on your way back from the other end of the lake, maybe we can meet in the middle. lol :) thats about how far I think I can make it before you come back with the new monster motor. I am picking up a new boat this year just dont know which one. I missed out on one but have a couple of others in mind. Anyone want to buy a 78 crusader?
So who is all going to Roosevelt? I think the madman and me are going to Ellensburgh thursday night maybe we can meet up for breakfast with the rest of the crew Friday if that is when your all coming over and pull over with the convoy? Looking forward to it. squirt

malcolm
03-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Chris (rogers) and I have spots H and I reserved over there at River Rue (all 4 days).

tittyman
03-11-2007, 11:13 AM
How about the northern part of Roosevelt..say from Hunters to Kettle Falls..anybody ever go up that far..good places to boat in camp in sheltered coves...is the water flat there at Roosevelt..any problems with large chop..I hear they are real particular when it comes to camp fires and camping on Indian land...any problems with that kind of stuff I should know about..thanks again guys in the northwest...

malcolm
03-11-2007, 12:43 PM
It's a big lake (river), so it can get choppy. We got stuck in a flash storm out there last year and it got scarey (white caps) for about 15 minutes, but we did alright. We ran along the indian side during the storm and it was desolate. I'm not sure about how sticky they can get on that side, but I wouldn't want to test it by camping over there.
The only place I can really run wide open is my local river (Snohomish).

1978 Rogers
03-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Tittyman, I've never been up north. We've driven to 7-Bays a couple years ago. A lot of people camp out on the beaches up the lake from Keller Ferry. You have to remember the lake is in a dammed up canyon, so most of the banks are a little steap. But there are a few in places you can find. As for the lake conditions. Its only gets choppy when a thunderstorm blows through. Most of the time its calm & flat. Not much boat traffic to stir is up, just the occational wind.

1968Droptop
03-12-2007, 03:46 PM
DST now in effect, lighter later only means boating for us N/W guys is getting closer and closer....................

driptruck
03-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I rented a houseboat on lake Roosevelt the summer bofore last. Best vacation ever! We went up north where the lake splits, so we followed the river North West. This is a ways from Keller Ferry but there were trees, sandy beaches and lots of protection from the wind. You can camp all over up there but I would get a map to be certain. We pulled one boat and 4 jetskis behind and just ran up on shore and anchored for the day. I believe the northend is the best for boating (wind protection,trees, sandybeaches) I hope whoever goes has as much fun as I did I'm sure you will wherever you stay.

malcolm
03-12-2007, 05:44 PM
We were wondering about those houseboats last year. What did it run ya?

driptruck
03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
It was spendy $1000 a day. I went in peak season August. If you go in off its half. The Boat I got held 13+ people so my family all went in on it. We had 3 bed rooms, full kitchen, hot tub, and water slide off back. They also have built in gas tank with pump for the toys. You just pack on all your food and you are off. If you split it up between 3 couples its a good deal, plenty of room and you get to pick your favorite camp spot. It seemed like we owned the lake, glass all day!shade, sand. Best time ever! But we were up north.

Harley5229
03-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone. Haven't been on the boards lately, then saw what happened to Skagen's page and thought I'd come here to chat with you all again. Kind of starting to go through withdrawls. Sounds like everyone is getting ready for summer. This rain/wind/snow is killing me!!!!!!!!
Last I knew on Skagen's page you were all planning a party (end of Feb) I think. Did that happen? If not, when's the next get together???????

malcolm
03-13-2007, 05:40 PM
We were just talking about you last night. Yeah, the party happened alright. My camera died so the pics I got suck (no flash). I put up a link to a little board I've had for years for us to talk on while Tony works on his.
Here it is again.

1968Droptop
03-13-2007, 06:39 PM
You getting those headers Malcolm ???

Harley5229
03-13-2007, 06:46 PM
We were just talking about you last night. Yeah, the party happened alright. My camera died so the pics I got suck (no flash). I put up a link to a little board I've had for years for us to talk on while Tony works on his.
Here it is again.
I know I went to Skagen's site to check if there were any good party photos and was so disappointed to not get on. I've yet to make it to one of the legendary parties...
Well we are still boatless (and will be for a long time) but we are up for more group river runs and camping trips. I'll monitor the both boards to see what's in the works. We will be in Ireland in April so come May we will be read to roll again!!!!

malcolm
03-13-2007, 07:09 PM
You getting those headers Malcolm ???
Yep, think so!

Gayleen
03-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Brittney, good to hear from you! How is your dad doing? Did he find the mold yet? We have been wishing the best for him through all of this.
Sleepy, what is up with the avitar? :confused:

1978 Rogers
03-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Sleepy, what is up with the avitar? :confused:
What do you mean by asking the question? Do you prefer John Tesh? Don't mess with the Hoff. The Hoff will be opening for Van Halen. Those 2 great musical talents under one show will rock.

lilsquirt
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
:confused: :eek:

Harley5229
03-14-2007, 03:59 PM
What do you mean by asking the question? Do you prefer John Tesh? Don't mess with the Hoff. The Hoff will be opening for Van Halen. Those 2 great musical talents under one show will rock.
I did read somewhere that The Hoff and Sammy Hagar are teaming up again in the studio to record a version of the BEASTIE BOYS party anthem FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PARTY!!! What is this world coming to?

Tahiti350
03-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Droppy, Probably won't get to Skagen's anytime soon, but might be able to run over to the homestead Saturday?? to check out the girlie boat.... if your going to be arounf\d shoot me an e-mail at trucku4x4@yahoo witht he address so I can find your place again....
not sure if I'm going to even get the headers on this year, no time to figure out the plumbing for the Banderlog valve.

Gayleen
03-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Sorry, my first thought was Baywatch.

1968Droptop
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Sorry, my first thought was Baywatch.
What's wrong with Baywatch. I LOVE that show, or at least parts of it :D

1968Droptop
03-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your mom Gary. 65K worth of bling, that'd do a lot on a boat ;)
The fenders are yours still, whens the next time you'll be at Skagen's ? Will you at least get those headers on this year ?
E-mail sent..........

malcolm
03-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I haven't liked "the Hoff" since he was in Knight Rider. :D

jrork
03-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Jeezus, has this thread taken a dump! We're discussing Hasselhoff, John Tesh and Sammy Hagar now? Summer better get here soon...

oldselmn8tr
03-15-2007, 09:32 PM
No kidding, back to the blower pic's! Hows she coming?

1978 Rogers
03-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Jeezus, has this thread taken a dump! We're discussing Hasselhoff, John Tesh and Sammy Hagar now? Summer better get here soon...
Why do you care? You'll have other plans anyways. :jawdrop: :D

malcolm
03-16-2007, 07:30 AM
OK, back to the blower pics. :jawdrop:
http://home1.gte.net/res09phe/692blower.JPG
:D

1978 Rogers
03-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Malcolm, that will look so cool popping up through the dog house. Wait till Vern hears about you putting this on.

Tahiti350
03-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Ya, Dis e-mail has gotten a little on the loafers side of things... More hotrod parts, more boats, and when are we going to hit the lake, river, or pizza and beer joint????
I'll be relying on ya'all for my upgrades fix this year, so lets do 'em right!!!

driptruck
04-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Is anyone up here taking advantage of this great weather? I blew the dust off and dropped my stinger in lake union after work today and boy did it feel great. I took my wife and 10 month old out for a put around the houseboats we got lots of smiles and no dirty looks. Is anyone going out this weekend? I'm thinking about hitting lake washington or the snohomish if its in good shape? Sat in the am. I hope I'm not the only one having fun around here!

1968Droptop
04-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Is anyone up here taking advantage of this great weather? I blew the dust off and dropped my stinger in lake union after work today and boy did it feel great........... I'm not the only one having fun around here!
My boat isn't ready yet, and got kid's B-Day to celebrate in the afternoon evening. Have fun and enjoy the sun !!!!

jrork
04-06-2007, 06:55 AM
Damn, that sounds like fun.....unfortunately I'm like Droppy and half of the other folks in this bunch with out boats all tore down. Have fun and post up some pictures about how lame we are for not going.

malcolm
04-06-2007, 07:12 AM
I'll be at work today, but if it's nice tomorrow I wouldn't mind seeing if the boat survived the winter. :)

jrork
04-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Maybe tonight Oldsy. I'm up to my a$$ in fiberglass capping the boat. UPS just dropped off my polished Shotgun scoop this morning.
Damn, that thing is purdy.(should be for the coin it cost)....you wouldnt think less of me if I told you I had sex with it would you? :D

jrork
04-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Here you go. Havent been focusing on the motor yet since I'm busy fiberglassing
New scoop is gonna look bitchin IMO. Ignore the carbs. They still need some cool stuff done to them......
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/IMG_7200.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/IMG_7197.jpg
Jan busy fixing my screw ups on the capping project.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/IMG_7205.jpg

malcolm
04-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Daaaammm!!!
I'm gonna have to park at the next lake! :jawdrop:

1968Droptop
04-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Maybe tonight Oldsy. I'm up to my a$$ in fiberglass capping the boat. UPS just dropped off my polished Shotgun scoop this morning.
Damn, that thing is purdy.(should be for the coin it cost)....you wouldnt think less of me if I told you I had sex with it would you? :D
Worth ever penny John, looks OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrork
04-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Daaaammm!!!
I'm gonna have to park at the next lake! :jawdrop:
No stinking way Malcolm. At least you're gonna be running. I'm a long ways off and will most likely be bumming a ride. I'll bring the poppers though.
Worth ever penny John, looks OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Droppy. Lots a work to do still.
The cap job is actually turning out really well. Got lots of fiberglass and epoxy in there. Letting it harden reall good tonight and then will grind it down again for a final coat with some Collidal Silica to thicken it up. Once past that I should be just down to the finishing. Feeling much better with what it looks like now compared to a week ago with a big ass groove ground around it.

1968Droptop
04-06-2007, 07:57 PM
No stinking way Malcolm. At least you're gonna be running. I'm a long ways off and will most likely be bumming a ride. I'll bring the poppers though.
The cap job is actually turning out really well. Got lots of fiberglass and epoxy in there. Letting it harden reall good tonight and then will grind it down again for a final coat with some Collidal Silica to thicken it up. Once past that I should be just down to the finishing. Feeling much better with what it looks like now compared to a week ago with a big ass groove ground around it.
Ditto, at least your talking about hitting the water tomorrow. All I'm going to hit is the bottled beer :D . I will say this, at least I have seats mounted I can sit in ;) . If your buying John, I'm drinkin :D :D :D
Glad to hear the cap job is turing out to your satisfaction. Judging by the work I've seen you put out, it'll look as though it was carved out of billet fiberglass.

malcolm
04-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I doubt I'll be on the water any time soon, sounds like Saturday is going to the wet side. :(

jrork
04-07-2007, 08:34 AM
If your buying John, I'm drinkin :D :D :D
The fridge is alway here and stocked Droppy.... Thanks for the compliments but obviously you were drinking when you were looking at my sh!t. :D
Did I ever mention how much I hate this stinkin weather? 80 degrees yesterday and rain today........:(

oldselmn8tr
04-07-2007, 09:15 AM
I would be having sex with that thing also it looks awesome! Boy your going all out on the cap job, can't wait to see it when it's done. You gonna be able to get er done before summer hits? My engine is finally done have to get it back to my shop and reconefigure my ski tow bar to fit my new intake, then set her in and dial it in. This weather has me chompin at the bit. Well everyone keepin workin away and get these projects done so we can get together this summer! So Malcom are you going blown now also? Jeez am I gonna be the last one with a N/A motor? Later.:)

jrork
04-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks Olds, lots of work left to do and dont know for sure how far I'll get. Needless to say $$$$$ has alot to do with it.

JETBOY03
04-07-2007, 10:32 AM
im going to try and get out on the water today if the weather holds out. have to put a new fuel pump in the truck first.

jrork
04-07-2007, 11:12 AM
im going to try and get out on the water today if the weather holds out. have to put a new fuel pump in the truck first.
Damn! You're hard core. This crummy weather sux....... Good luck with the new pump.

1968Droptop
04-07-2007, 11:21 AM
.........My engine is finally done have to get it back to my shop and reconefigure my ski tow bar to fit my new intake, then set her in and dial it in.
Good to hear it's all done. Can you post a pix of it for us to drool on ?

malcolm
04-07-2007, 12:33 PM
No blower for me. My Olds is pushing 10:1 already. There should be a few of us n/a guys left, not many but a few. :D

oldselmn8tr
04-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Can't figure out the post pic's thing , I'll take pic's monday if I can email to someone to post for me.:D Help a brother out!

malcolm
04-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Can you get them uploaded to somewhere like photobucket? It's pretty easy once you get them online some place.

driptruck
04-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Got out yesterday just in time for the rain to start but I still had a good time. Little exhaust leak started but I think it won't be to hard to fix I hope!

jrork
04-08-2007, 07:08 AM
No blower for me. My Olds is pushing 101 already. :D
Finally, Malcolm puts down the sandbags!

Blown Away
04-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Hey just want to say hi to everyone and I want to thank malcolm for trying to get our website back.Well i'm off to work on the boat dam think won't fix it self.

jrork
04-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Hey Tony. Sorry to hear the board is still down. What could you possibly be needing to do to your boat?
Oh wait a minute, Droppy said you were building a bazillion cubic inch BBC for it this year.....can't wait to see it

lilsquirt
04-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Its a little windy down here but its not raining yet and I still have one running boat for now. Have my truck all tore apart and out of parts til monday so what to do, hmmmm, I may have to see how well the running boat is working! :idea:

lilsquirt
04-08-2007, 09:19 AM
John, the boat is looking GREAT! That scoop is bad a$$. Have you decided on a color yet?

malcolm
04-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Actually Skagen's came back online yesterday, but I'm not sure how long it's going to last. It's being hit hard with spammers. :mad:

JETBOY03
04-08-2007, 11:35 AM
man its nice and sunny down here today good thing im going to the lake.

malcolm
04-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Finally, Malcolm puts down the sandbags!
Funny how even numbers can get twisted around here. :D

malcolm
04-08-2007, 11:55 AM
man its nice and sunny down here today good thing im going to the lake.
Oh yeah, I'm jealous. ;)

Blown Away
04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Malcolm Has done What countless other said couldn't be done,Restored www.skagenboats.com
John Yes I do have a few things that will be a little different this year.I am currently trying to train the boat to fix it self.598ci blown,9.5 hi helix impellor and a drop keel.

jrork
04-08-2007, 07:58 PM
John, the boat is looking GREAT! That scoop is bad a$$. Have you decided on a color yet?
Thanks Squirt. Finished up laying that last of the fiberglass and epoxy on the cap. Plenty of work still to do but I'm really liking the looks of it so far.
As far as colors I'm going back to my roots a bit to when I use to race with a buddy. Both of us were Sox & Martin fans and loved the looks of those cars. Dave had a 9 second Camaro in Candy Red and Blue and no matter how much I think of different colors something about those days/colors still just turns my crank.
Gotta use alot of imagination and squint. Assume Candy Red and a Candy Blue but hopefully you'll get the picture. The red will take the place of the original brown metalflake and you can see where the blue will be. I'm going to eliminate the spear coming up the bow. I like em on boats but its not the look I'm going for.
The colors of what I'm looking for is something very similar to my braided SS fittings.... Certainly much darker blue than the tape but I was just using it to layout the design.
Like I said, you gotta squint a bit to understand what I'm thinking. Don't know if anybody else is gonna like it but I know I will.
Here's a pic from back in the day as well.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/paintjob024.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/paintjob023.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/paintjob022-1.jpg

jrork
04-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Malcolm Has done What countless other said couldn't be done,Restored www.skagenboats.com
John Yes I do have a few things that will be a little different this year.I am currently trying to train the boat to fix it self.598ci blown,9.5 hi helix impellor and a drop keel.
Damn Tony! That thing was already nutz and now this? Yikes. I understand the drop keel but what about the helix? What do you hope for there??

malcolm
04-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey, that looks pretty good john. Get some red tape and who needs the paint? :D
If I wasn't so busy staring at php files all night I would've photo chopped one up for ya. :)

jrork
04-09-2007, 04:36 PM
For the record, these are the two colors that we've chosen.
I'm thinking with the white deck rimmed in the red and then the blower motor tucked back into the blue it should be what we are looking for.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/paintjob022-1.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/Red.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/jrork/lexus.jpg
PS...... it's a crying shame that I'm using two Fords for paint examples isn't it?

malcolm
04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Oh wow, those colors are deep! Should set off all that bling you've got for the engine. ;)

jrork
04-09-2007, 04:59 PM
That's the plan Malcolm. Should look good in the salt water huh?:idea:

Konabud
04-11-2007, 06:44 PM
That's the plan Malcolm. Should look good in the salt water huh?:idea:
YA RIGHT!! That blower will look bitchen with those little corrosion pimples on it (It'll give it character).

jrork
04-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Maybe so Creg but you gotta admit, that green shit that covers everything that's touched salt water gives a nice shade for a highlight color? :D

Konabud
04-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Maybe so Creg but you gotta admit, that green shit that covers everything that's touched salt water gives a nice shade for a highlight color? :D
Us ex-saltwater guys call that salt patina (I think thats spanish for green shit):D :D

1978 Rogers
04-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Us ex-saltwater guys call that salt patina (I think thats spanish for green shit):D :D
I'll ask some of our maintenance crews about this. But most of them are from S. America, not Spain. :rolleyes: :D

jrork
04-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Jeezus Sleepy, will you please change your avatar to something like FOURQ's or sumthin?