PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Heroes ride

al03sc
03-07-2007, 10:07 PM
I want to get the word out to you about an event that is in the organizing phase. PWC folks asking for ***boat.com folks for help and participation. A Veteran supporting American has a great idea of spending a day with wounded vets from the San Diego Naval Medical Center. The hospital will transport the vets to a beach/ramp in Mission Bay and PWC'ers will give them rides out in the bay. The event was approved by the hospital earlier today and gave Saturday, April 14th as a possible date. I will post a link to the thread discussing this event and so far it is getting great response. It was suggested to get people with boats involved too. It would be nice to have a boat follow the skis in case something happens. There's mention of a BBQ for lunch. I think this is a great idea and I hope you do too. A similar event was held last summer in NY which was sponsored by Kawasaski and a couple of veteran groups. Please take a second to read the thread.
http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=103116
Thanks.

Kilrtoy
03-08-2007, 12:18 AM
COntact FROGGYSTYLE.
He is an EX seal and Company owner and is down in that neck of the woods

shadow
03-08-2007, 06:21 AM
I want to get the word out to you about an event that is in the organizing phase. PWC folks asking for ***boat.com folks for help and participation. A Veteran supporting American has a great idea of spending a day with wounded vets from the San Diego Naval Medical Center. The hospital will transport the vets to a beach/ramp in Mission Bay and PWC'ers will give them rides out in the bay. The event was approved by the hospital earlier today and gave Saturday, April 14th as a possible date. I will post a link to the thread discussing this event and so far it is getting great response. It was suggested to get people with boats involved too. It would be nice to have a boat follow the skis in case something happens. There's mention of a BBQ for lunch. I think this is a great idea and I hope you do too. A similar event was held last summer in NY which was sponsored by Kawasaski and a couple of veteran groups. Please take a second to read the thread.
http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=103116
Thanks.
I don't have a PWC or will i be in San Diego anytime soon,
But i will say i know they will enjoy and appreciate the rides that are provived for them.
Last summer i took a group of Marines that i had met the night befor at the Naked Turtle out for a ride on the lake and they all were smiling from ear to ear.They had planned on visiting Havasu but i don't think they thought they would be boating,
Or have an open tab at the Turtle the previous night.:)
The least i could do to say THANKS!

al03sc
03-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll try to get a hold of him.