PDA

View Full Version : ebay charges???to sell boat?

IMPATIENT 1
03-08-2007, 01:53 PM
what's ebay charge to list a boat in the 15-20k range? trying to sell a sanger shovelnose and i'm stuck between letting heavyd try and move it or sticking it on ebay.

YeLLowBoaT
03-08-2007, 02:04 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

IMPATIENT 1
03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html
damn, seems like it'd cost over 300.00 to sell one on there!:mad:

rrrr
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Perhaps you missed the news that the founders of eBay are billionaires. They didn't get that way giving freebies to cheap ass jet boat owners.
:hammer2: :D :D

79centurion
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Yea, but 300 isnt that bad considering you get the boat out to more people than just about anywhere else. Try local first, use craigslist, and if it dont sell, then use e-bay as last chance when you really need the money.
Dan

YeLLowBoaT
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Perhaps you missed the news that the founders of eBay are billionaires. They didn't get that way giving freebies to cheap ass jet boat owners.
:hammer2: :D :D
yeah too bad it only took them like 7 years before they made thier 1st dime off ebay.

b's sanger
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Have you tried Boatrader.com?

4trax
03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
what's ebay charge to list a boat in the 15-20k range? trying to sell a sanger shovelnose and i'm stuck between letting heavyd try and move it or sticking it on ebay.
Do like I do, Put it on ebay but you reserve the right to end auction early due to for sale locally. That way when you do have a interested buyer you can have him call you or whatever. Work it out how ever you have to. Just leave ebay out of it and end auction early cause you sold it locally. They don't know any different. I bought a boat,car,motorcycle,4-wheeler and a truck by doing this and the seller saved money also. Just a thought:D

Slacker
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
I sold my last one on Ebay, had almost 2500 hits. It only sold for about $5500, but i had alot of traffic on it. I would have listed it with Heavy D if it didnt sell. Dragboatcity.com is setup up for that type of clientele.

Slacker
03-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Do like I do, Put it on ebay but you reserve the right to end auction early due to for sale locally. That way when you do have a interested buyer you can have him call you or whatever. Work it out how ever you have to. Just leave ebay out of it and end auction early cause you sold it locally. They don't know any different. I bought a boat,car,motorcycle,4-wheeler and a truck by doing this and the seller saved money also. Just a thought:D
That works too.

ck7684
03-08-2007, 03:50 PM
How much you askin'?? Got any pics?

LakesOnly
03-08-2007, 04:34 PM
what's ebay charge to list a boat in the 15-20k range? trying to sell a sanger shovelnose and i'm stuck between letting heavyd try and move it or sticking it on ebay.Contrary to the other posts on this thread, it does not cost $300 to list and sell your boat on Ebay Motors. Nor will Ebay Motor's fees be affected by the asking/selling price of the boat.
Impatient1, if you list and sell your boat on Ebay Motors, you will be charged the folowing:
Listing Fee: $40
Transaction Service Fee:$50
In other words, the cost is just $90 for the high profile listing and selling of your boat. If you list that boat but it does not sell (ie, doesn't meet reserve or if nobody bids on a non-reserve auction), you will be charged just $40. I once listed a boat on Ebay and I received somewhere over 5000 hits and the boat sold for more than I expected...but the final closing price is totally unpredicable in the world of Ebay.
LO

IMPATIENT 1
03-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Contrary to the other posts on this thread, it does not cost $300 to list and sell your boat on Ebay Motors. Nor will Ebay Motor's fees be affected by the asking/selling price of the boat.
Impatient1, if you list and sell your boat on Ebay Motors, you will be charged the folowing:
Listing Fee: $40
Transaction Service Fee:$50
In other words, the cost is just $90 for the high profile listing and selling of your boat. If you list that boat but it does not sell (ie, doesn't meet reserve or if nobody bids on a non-reserve auction), you will be charged just $40. I once listed a boat on Ebay and I received somewhere over 5000 hits and the boat sold for more than I expected...but the final closing price is totally unpredicable in the world of Ebay.
LO
thanks paul, that sounds alittle more like it! if its only gonna cost 90 or so, that's no trouble.i'll add it to the reserve cost he has in mind for the boat.
heavyd does move alot of hydro's and tunnels quik, but getting what you want or more is more attractive:D

IMPATIENT 1
03-08-2007, 09:13 PM
How much you askin'?? Got any pics?
give me a email if your interested, its a badazz hydro, runs 130+
te_1051@hotmail.com