PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

Thorsinc
03-08-2007, 09:01 PM
My father and I have a very distant relationship and I am ok with it. He has a lot of inter demands he needs to work out with himself. His wife left (My step mom) for couple weeks to visit some of her family. Well my father had a relapse mostly with prescription drugs - Oxy cotton (sp?) Over the two weeks his wife was gone, ended up in the hospital and the family drama begins. My 9 yrs old daughter over herd a conversation my wife and I where having about the two packs a day of Cigarettes he was smoking after quitting for a year and this is the letter she wrote. I’m glade someone has their head on straight. My dad has a 5th wheel that’s why my daughter calls him grandpa trailer lol.

INSman
03-08-2007, 09:30 PM
smoking sucks, PERIOD !!!! :yuk: :yuk:

XtrmWakeborder
03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Awesome letter. I lost my grandpa, great grandpa and grandma due to smoking related illness. And from the looks of it my grandma and mother if they don't smarten up. I'm not too keen on it.:(

EAZYKILLER2006
03-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Awesome letter. I lost my grandpa, great grandpa and grandma due to smoking related illness. And from the looks of it my grandma and mother if they don't smarten up. I'm not too keen on it.:(
i cant stand smoking and the rhino runs are like 50 ppl smoking around ya ...the dirt is worse than any smoker...darn what to do???...i drink a bottle of JD so i wont notice how bad it is...its the common cure;)

XtrmWakeborder
03-08-2007, 10:50 PM
i cant stand smoking and the rhino runs are like 50 ppl smoking around ya ...the dirt is worse than any smoker...darn what to do???...i drink a bottle of JD so i wont notice how bad it is...its the common cure;)
Hmm we think alike, I'll just have tequila.

EAZYKILLER2006
03-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Hmm we think alike, I'll just have tequila.
the 31st:devil:

Tom Brown
03-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Thorsinc, is your daughter available to mediate between EmpirE231 and his neighbor the dog pack owner? I suspect she would be a huge help in that crisis.
Beautiful letter. :cool:

Thorsinc
03-08-2007, 11:40 PM
I was at the run I think it was more than one bottle of JD you had with you :)

EAZYKILLER2006
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
I was at the run I think it was more than one bottle of JD you had with you :)
hey "one" had throttle's name on it...and randy had one and me...:D all drank before 930 am...lol

Thorsinc
03-08-2007, 11:50 PM
hey "one" had throttle's name on it...and randy had one and me...:D all drank before 930 am...lol
Next time bring a fourth and well kill them all by 9:00, Bradman will make the next run he’s always good for a bottle of Patron

EAZYKILLER2006
03-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Next time bring a fourth and well kill them all by 9:00, Bradman will make the next run he’s always good for a bottle of Patron
guess i better stalk oh stock up...see ya march 31 for the run ...we will be down next weekend to throw the boat in the water...:D see ya soon

RiverRatMike
03-09-2007, 05:08 AM
smoking sucks, PERIOD !!!! :yuk: :yuk:
no it doesn't

shadow
03-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Great letter,hope Grandpa listens.
This is the reason i'm quitting,i want to be around to watch my kids grow up get married and have families of thier own.
May die of another cause but i've got 3 months down now.

ULTRA26 # 1
03-09-2007, 07:10 AM
My father and I have a very distant relationship and I am ok with it. He has a lot of inter demands he needs to work out with himself. His wife left (My step mom) for couple weeks to visit some of her family. Well my father had a relapse mostly with prescription drugs - Oxy cotton (sp?) Over the two weeks his wife was gone, ended up in the hospital and the family drama begins. My 9 yrs old daughter over herd a conversation my wife and I where having about the two packs a day of Cigarettes he was smoking after quitting for a year and this is the letter she wrote. I’m glade someone has their head on straight. My dad has a 5th wheel that’s why my daughter calls him grandpa trailer lol.
You have a very wise and caring young daughter. You must be proud of her, as I know, I am. Smoking is one of the, if not he most, difficult habbits to overcome. Hopefully your Dad will get through this difficult time and regain his health.
John M
PS Congras to Shadow. You've made it through the hardest part of becoming a non-smoker. :) :)

Thorsinc
03-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Great letter,hope Grandpa listens.
This is the reason i'm quitting,i want to be around to watch my kids grow up get married and have families of thier own.
May die of another cause but i've got 3 months down now.
My wife works in the Cath Department of a hospital and it’s amazing the common denominator in the cases she works on is smoking. Congrats on the 3 moths!

Bradman
03-09-2007, 08:28 PM
WOW!!! Amazing what a 4th grader can right about . Hopefully this will have some kind of impact on your dad. You're right, I'm always good for a bottle of Patron, it's sharing it that I have a problem with. :rolleyes: