PDA

View Full Version : Why Navy Seals are Navy Seals!

Keith E. Sayre
02-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Navy SEALS
+++
Navy SEALs are always taught:
1) Keep your priorities in order and,
2) Know when to act without hesitation.
A Navy SEAL was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.
One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU. One day he shocked the class when he came in, looked to the ceiling, and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes." The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am God. I'm still waiting."
It got down to the last couple of minutes when the SEAL got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The SEAL went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence.
The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the SEAL and asked, "What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"
The SEAL calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid shit and act like an ass hole. So He sent me."
Sounds reasonable to me!
Keith Sayre

riverracerx
02-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Keith,
Robbi and I are coming by the show tonight to say HI. See ya then.

NOTALENT
02-02-2006, 09:18 AM
I have heard it before, and it get's better everytime. :rollside:

2sand2
02-02-2006, 09:21 AM
I soooooo love that one... :cool:
thanks

Tremor Therapy
02-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Damn straight!

HocusPocus
02-02-2006, 09:45 AM
sometimes a mans gotta do...
what a mans gotta do. :crossx: :crossx:

ACCEPTENCE
02-02-2006, 09:48 AM
I like it!!! :D

Kilrtoy
02-02-2006, 09:49 AM
keith , I have been to the show 3 times and have yet to see you...
WHATS UP....

JB in so cal
02-02-2006, 10:25 AM
WHATS UP....
C-mon, Kilr. Can't you take a hint? :rolleyes:

mike37
02-02-2006, 10:36 AM
that one never gets old

That Guy
02-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Great story...my best friend is a retired Navy Seal. They are one tough crowd and about the baddest MF'rs on the planet. The thing that I always found interesting is that most of them feel that the mental aspects of being a SEAL are far more difficult than the physical aspects. Either way, I am glad they are on our side. :)

INSman
02-02-2006, 10:47 AM
WHATS UP....
Stalker !! :)

MagicMtnDan
02-02-2006, 11:10 AM
WHATS UP....
Your problem is when you're praying to (facing) the DCB booth your back is to Keith's booth :D

Kilrtoy
02-02-2006, 12:28 PM
C-mon, Kilr. Can't you take a hint? :rolleyes:
So Im a little slow......