PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Fukin Digital Cameras!!!

Screemy1
03-09-2007, 06:26 PM
:mad: Why is it that the stupid memory cards always loose all files when they are not stopped before they are removed or power is lost.....???? The flash drives do not loose when they are accidently unplugged before stopping..... my computer froze.... when I finally got it to work after 20 mins..... the memory card in it is now empty.... my wife is pissed, upset at all the pictures lost.... I was making a back up because this happened before.... I have lost 1 vacation, 1 son's birthday, and various random pictures be cause of these stupid little memory cards that are so damb tempermental!!!! My wife wants to switch to film.... she is so pissed, and of course it is my fault........ AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH F _ c _!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

photo chick
03-09-2007, 06:32 PM
:mad: Why is it that the stupid memory cards always loose all files when they are not stopped before they are removed or power is lost.....???? The flash drives do not loose when they are accidently unplugged before stopping..... my computer froze.... when I finally got it to work after 20 mins..... the memory card in it is now empty.... my wife is pissed, upset at all the pictures lost.... I was making a back up because this happened before.... I have lost 1 vacation, 1 son's birthday, and various random pictures be cause of these stupid little memory cards that are so damb tempermental!!!! My wife wants to switch to film.... she is so pissed, and of course it is my fault........ AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH F _ c _!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
I can't help you get the shots back, sorry! But...do you have the program you download in set to delete files on the card once they are downloaded? You can change that manually if so. I can't think of a reason why you'd keep loosing files. I've had mine for years and never have lost one but I manually delete my shots. Sorry to hear this, I would cry if I lost some of mine!
Guess you better take your wife on that vacation again:D

Screemy1
03-09-2007, 06:40 PM
:confused: I would go for the vacation again.... but I didn't get to even download.... I inserted the card... opened the program.... and then the cpu froze.... I let it sit.... everything was not responding... then I unplugged and removed the battery.... then reboot.... everything was fine... but the xd card was now empty.... the past problems was from a old camera.... when digital first started going big.... so with new equipment I told my wife the probs are gone.... Ooops.... I just lost some and now it is all my fault.....

grads2112
03-09-2007, 06:40 PM
There are programs out there that you can download to retrieve lost images. I have a program that I've used before and has worked... let me know if you want me to email it to you.

Ike
03-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Sorry that that happened. Sometimes digital cameras, like computers can be baffling. I, in addition to other things, do some professionally photography and my main camera is a digital camera, plus I have owned several smaller ones. If an image is written to the card you should never lose it unless you erase it or reformat the card.
I think where the problem lies is in how your camera is set up. Most digital cameras record the image directly to the card, whatever type card it may be. But there are some on the market that don't. These cameras have a memory buffer where the image is stored, where you can review it, delete it, OR move it to the storage card. If the camera fails before you do this, voila no pictures!
You need to read through the owners manual and see how the camera stores the images. If you don't have the manual, you may be able to download it from the internet. Many of the camera companies have the owners manuals available on line.
Oh yeah, some of those recovery programs work really well, but if you have reformated the card, or taken pics and written over the old ones, they're gone forever.
Hope this helps. It won't make you're wife any happier, but maybe it won't happen again.

Screemy1
03-09-2007, 06:46 PM
There are programs out there that you can download to retrieve lost images. I have a program that I've used before and has worked... let me know if you want me to email it to you.
Thanks for all the info...... if you could, I'll try that program.... My email is :
Screemy1@fastmail.fm

grads2112
03-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks for all the info...... if you could, I'll try that program.... My email is :
Screemy1@fastmail.fm
Okay, I am sending it now. All you do is scan the card with it and any old images should appear. Let me know if you have any questions.

Riverblender
03-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Okay, I am sending it now. All you do is scan the card with it and any old images should appear. Let me know if you have any questions.
Did it work? If not this a free linkhttp://www.photoone.net/ and if they are there you can see them I will will e_mail you the program. You will be amazed what is still on the memory stick.
BB

brad22
03-09-2007, 07:14 PM
That freakin sucks dude. What style memory stick are you using and what kind of camera? I never have trouble with my Memory Stick Pro Duo and my Sony.

shueman
03-09-2007, 08:01 PM
We never remove the flash storage....just do the USB download to the computer and delete the files on the camera...:idea:

RiverOtter
03-10-2007, 04:27 AM
Regarding your card, we used to have problems then we learned you need to format your card before you start taking pics. 2,000 pics later not a single malfunction.

Tom Brown
03-10-2007, 06:17 AM
:mad: Why is it that the stupid memory cards always loose all files when they are not stopped before they are removed or power is lost.....???? The flash drives do not loose when they are accidently unplugged before stopping..... my computer froze....
Why would you get angry at digital cameras when your computer ate your pictures? Perhaps the problem is the computer and, more specifically, XP's insistence on caching the FAT32 file system data on removable media.
Also, your process could stand some work. Why aren't you moving the pictures onto your computer and backing them up? It would be like always leaving your wallet in your car. Eventually, it will get swiped and the problem won't be that wallet's suck. An event happens, take pictures, transfer the pictures to your computer, back up your pictures.
My pictures are among the most valuable data on my hard disk and I keep backups both on site and off.

chub
03-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Why would you get angry at digital cameras when your computer ate your pictures? Perhaps the problem is the computer and, more specifically, XP's insistence on caching the FAT32 file system data on removable media.
Also, your process could stand some work. Why aren't you moving the pictures onto your computer and backing them up? It would be like always leaving your wallet in your car. Eventually, it will get swiped and the problem won't be that wallet's suck. An event happens, take pictures, transfer the pictures to your computer, back up your pictures.
My pictures are among the most valuable data on my hard disk and I keep backups both on site and off.
Hi Tom Brown.

FryJet
03-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Why aren't you moving the pictures onto your computer and backing them up? An event happens, take pictures, transfer the pictures to your computer, back up your pictures.
Tom is exactly right. You shouldn't be leaving pictures on your card without being transfered to your PC, thats like having a undeveloped roll of 35mm film and just tossing it onto the dash of you car. After any event I always download my pics to my pc and im done and i've never had a problem. Also, using the Windows picture viewer is the best and most stable way to transfer. It doesn't ask if I want to erase my card like Nero does, I like doing that on my camera. Remember, its digital media and anything can happen so backup you stuff and your safe.
F.J.

f_inscreenname
03-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Mine must be bullet proof. I have pulled the card with the camera still on. Pulled it from the PC the same way. Crashed a PC in the middle of a movie download. And the list goes on and one of the abuse. Never lost a picture. The manual delete is the way to go. If not done by you they will be there no matter what.

blown65
03-10-2007, 11:15 AM
I copy paste mine then double check they are on the HD. Then manually delete after.
Also I have several CF cards. That way if one goes bad (Ive had one go bad), you dont lose all your pictures. I usually shoot in raw mode so I have 4 2gb cards.
As for losing transfering, never has happened all these yrs and really sucks when you do lose them. If the card is still good I hope ya get them back. Another place to look, is your recent folder or tmp folders. Sometimes you will find pictures you recently pulled in those folders. Not sure if that will be the case with your method.
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Recent