PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant hangouts?

Perfect Mixer
03-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Just bought a house 10 minutes from the lake. I've heard it can get pretty busy on the big weekends. Where's the action? Are there any places to beach the boat and relax? House will be done in September.

upsman105
03-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Ummmm... no. Its all rocks.

Outnumbered
03-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Just bought a house 10 minutes from the lake. I've heard it can get pretty busy on the big weekends. Where's the action? Are there any places to beach the boat and relax? House will be done in September.
Welcome to the neighborhood. The party is in Humbug Bay but can get a little too "Sand Bar" if you have kids. We usually anchor off to the side so the kids don't see too much. No beaches really, it is too rocky.
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/lake_pleasant/images/lake_map_large.jpg

Classic Daycruiser
03-10-2007, 01:27 PM
What kinda boat do you have?
Lake Pleasant is known to sink a few boats over the years. The wind usually picks up out of the southwest around 2pm. 15-20 mph is typical. Mix the wind with big boat wakes, and you'll find 2-3 foot chop. That is why so many go to Humbug Cove Saturday and Sunday afternoons. The wind will die down about a half hour before sunset, making a nice sunset run back to the ramp.
Plan on 20-60 minutes waiting in line to launch/recover. You'll find more than normal the amount of jet skier's to boat ratio.
Launching is a breeze at Lake Pleasant. The county side (west) has a 10 lane ramp and a 4 lane ramp. The Marina (southeast) has (2) ramps. Both are 4 lanes.
The lake is big, and getting help may be delayed overnight during slower months (the coolest months).
You may find Lake Pleasant is too much after a few visits and decide you like some of the other lakes better (So much for moving to the northwest side of town).

squirt'nmyload
03-10-2007, 03:43 PM
in the summer, go to humbug then marina bar afterwards.......to much chop to do anything, tubing is even tough.....also lake lice is out of control and boats flyin around everywhere........in the winter it's my favorite lake cause noones there:D

squirt'nmyload
03-10-2007, 03:58 PM
almost forgot......i would watch who you tie up to out there cause most of the people won't give a shit about your boat and they will be climbin all through the thing to "boat hop"....just stay away from the rollbar boats with all the drunk kids and usually you'll be good:)

Perfect Mixer
03-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Good news is that I'll be close to the lake and expect to use in on the weekdays after work. I was thinking about leaving the boat at Scorpion during the peek season. The house has a big enough garage to fit my deck boat. Thanks for the heads up.
S

squirt'nmyload
03-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Good news is that I'll be close to the lake and expect to use in on the weekdays after work. I was thinking about leaving the boat at Scorpion during the peek season. The house has a big enough garage to fit my deck boat. Thanks for the heads up.
S
well then i'll see ya there cause during the summer thats when i go up there;)

Classic Daycruiser
03-11-2007, 08:50 AM
S
Good luck getting the marina to offer you peak season only. They ask me to sign a one year contract for inside storage. Let me know if that changes:D
Having so many nice lakes within one hour of Phoenix, you will become spoiled.

Xlration Marine
03-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Spoiled? Spoiled is walking out your back door to the dock. No, spoiled is hopping on the tractor and driving to the dock. Yea thats spoiled. I miss home. What's up with these stupid lines in the posts?? Well I think my gass hogg is ready to test. Will be going to bartlett in 2 weeks. Need to pick up aluminum shavings in the garage next weekend. If you are out there I will be the one on the bow holding a tow rope. I hope not.:D

Xlration Marine
03-11-2007, 05:46 PM
CAUTION CAUTION!! No clothes on this lake pleasant swimmer. You guys have fun up there.

lake p.a.l.
03-14-2007, 01:05 PM
I have never seen any snakes like the one in the picture above but we anchored off one of the small islands and walked to shore. Be very careful if you try this because of the rocks mentioned and we also saw a ton of scorpions. If you want to beach and let kids and dogs run around, I would suggest Sagauro or Apache.

Outnumbered
03-14-2007, 01:40 PM
SURE LOOKS LIKE A d-BACK TO ME:eek:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26157&d=1173663961

lake p.a.l.
03-14-2007, 01:48 PM
I have seen rattlers in the water at Roosevelt and heard some horror stories but we've never seen any at Pleasant. I'm sure they're out there, just never seen them.

Classic Daycruiser
03-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Did they ever catch the 15 foot alligator, or is it still loose:D :D :D

Magic34
03-14-2007, 03:44 PM
CAUTION CAUTION!! No clothes on this lake pleasant swimmer. You guys have fun up there.
What part of the lake was that taken on?
Roosevelt had a huge problem with these 3 years ago when the water came back up.

Xlration Marine
03-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Here is the post that had the pic.
Well Kevin thanks again, the advise worked and found a nice little creek channel this morning up in Humbug and was just to the left of the Island back in there. Anyways hooked six fish today the biggest maybe a pound and the rest were rats, but was still a blast. As we were comming into Humbug we saw a huge Rattler, maybe five feet. Anyways I'll see what my schedule is like for tomorrow and maybe we can hook up. By the way I fished the Simi on my sink and the Rattling minow on the float caught five on the float and biggest on the sink, all were LM no whites or stripers. Jeff

Magic34
03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
WTF... Rattlesnakes in Humbug!!!
Do you know what month that was and what time of the day, so I can pick a different lake.

Xlration Marine
03-15-2007, 02:50 PM
3/11/07 in the Am. I here thay can't strike you in the water. No traction.

squirt'nmyload
03-15-2007, 03:09 PM
either way, i sure wouldn't want to find out......i hate snakes!!!!

Magic34
03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Fock that!!!!!! Just a few days ago?:sqeyes: :eek:
And..... Fock that!!!!!! I'm not willing to give it a shot on the biting thing, you?

LuckyStrike
03-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Look For AZJD in the LUCKY STRIKE Boat Sunday in Humbug:devil:

Chico&Zeus
03-15-2007, 05:20 PM
he gonna be deep sea fishin' out there??? Watch out what you troll for, might pull up a body!:eek:

Xlration Marine
03-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Magic just make it go poof, shake your wand at it. I am Laughing my a$$ off. By the way what is the perfect mixer, one of them trucks with a bee hive on the back?

LuckyStrike
03-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Look For AZJD in the LUCKY STRIKE Boat Sunday in Humbug:devil:
Jordys Going be in charge of the whole debacle....LMFAO:idea:

Jordy
03-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Jordys Going be in charge of the whole debacle....LMFAO:idea:
I take it you got my message. You're either relieved at this point, or freaking the fock out!!! :D :D :D

escalante
03-15-2007, 07:03 PM
whats with team turn key thats pretty gay

LuckyStrike
03-15-2007, 07:07 PM
I take it you got my message. You're either relieved at this point, or freaking the fock out!!! :D :D :D
I wouldnt have offered.... If I knew you were involved....LMFAO Again...
Just get the F-ing thing Dialed in for me will ya...And get Lots of pics:devil:

LuckyStrike
03-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Your going have to get used to a Deep Vee Hull anyway....:D :D :D

LuckyStrike
03-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Just get lots of Pics:devil: :D :D

Classic Daycruiser
03-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Jordys Going be in charge of the whole debacle....LMFAO:idea: So your going to be in the Bill Luke fishing derby, and fish humbug:D :D :D
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: There may not be many bass, but you can catch a few ass's

Jordy
03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
I wouldnt have offered.... If I knew you were involved....LMFAO Again...
Just get the F-ing thing Dialed in for me will ya...And get Lots of pics:devil:
Yeah, like Justin would know what to do with that other engine... You should be glad I'll be there to supervise/instigate. :D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
whats with team turn key thats pretty gay
well, it takes someone gay to know something gay:yuk:

Jordy
03-15-2007, 09:29 PM
well, it takes someone gay to know something gay:yuk:
Take it easy. It was their first post and apparently the caps and punctuation was broken on their computer. Wonder who this IP will match up with... :idea: :jawdrop: :D