PDA

View Full Version : My first ride in a V-Drive was today,behind the wheel,PEDAL TO THE METAL!! Holly shi*

WVspeedfreak
03-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Well I drove the boat in my avatar today for the first time. It is also the first time I have ever been in a v-drive , actually I have never even seen a v- drive on the water before. I bought it almost 2 months ago and have been itching to get it out. I backed it in ....fired it up, let it warm up....shut it down....paddle it off the trailer...put it in gear......fire it back up....idle for approx. 20 feet...pulled back on the down handle....gripped the wheel, and layed the petal all the way down. After a few seconds I started to let the cav plate up a little and it started to porpoise, I guess I was a little premature on the up handle. So I put her back down a little and let her eat again. Holly shit is the only thing I can say. This thing takes a set and Gooooooooooos. I guess 17' 10" worth of boat , a flat bottom, a v-drive and 800 HP = hold the F*** on ! It was 3 hours ago and I'm still grinning ear to ear. I only drove it for about five minutes , and put it back on the trailer.
Maybe you guys can give me some pointers and directions on how to "Properly" learn to drive this wonderful beast. I never even came close to winding it all the way out. I prob got her up to 70 or so. Prev. owner radared it at 107, so I have some learning to do before I step up to the above 90 mph driving. :) :) :) :) My Lord I'm going to say a prayer every time I get in this thing. V-Drives....Is there anything else???? I'm hooked!!

RiverDave
03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Is there a down pedal or only a handle to actuate the Cav plates?
RD

WVspeedfreak
03-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Only a handle RD... How far down should I have the cav plates when I am starting out, and at what point should I start to bring it up, and at what pace should I bring it up??? All at once??
Thanks guys

NUTHIN
03-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Only a handle RD... How far down should I have the cav plates when I am starting out, and at what point should I start to bring it up, and at what pace should I bring it up??? All at once??
Thanks guys
ALL THE WAY:D

NUTHIN
03-10-2007, 07:14 PM
when you dont have a peddal..! just starting out tho you want it all the way down!!:D

RiverDave
03-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys
I'm definately not the guy to ask, my experience in V-Drives is pretty limited all n all. I can tell you though that your probably going to end up putting a pedal assembly in the boat pretty quick though so you might want to start hitting these guys up to see what's available and start searching for deals. There was a nice assembly in the spam section just recently, I'm not sure if it's still available or not.
RD

NUTHIN
03-10-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm definately not the guy to ask, my experience in V-Drives is pretty limited all n all. I can tell you though that your probably going to end up putting a pedal assembly in the boat pretty quick though so you might want to start hitting these guys up to see what's available and start searching for deals. There was a nice assembly in the spam section just recently, I'm not sure if it's still available or not.
RD
totally agree. the peddal is your friend.. especially if that boat does 109 with no peddal. you need both hands for the wheel ;)

dragboat
03-10-2007, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=WVspeedfreak;2436336]Well I drove the boat in my avatar today for the first time. It is also the first time I have ever been in a v-drive , actually I have never even seen a v- drive on the water before. I bought it almost 2 months ago and have been itching to get it out. I backed it in ....fired it up, let it warm up....shut it down....paddle it off the trailer...put it in gear......fire it back up....idle for approx. 20 feet...pulled back on the down handle....gripped the wheel, and layed the petal all the way down.
That is ONE HELL OF A FEELING.... Ain't it.....did you get the Adrenalin shakes?
If you didn't you will at 100+ .... Everyone remembers their first V-drive BLAST:D

78Eliminator
03-10-2007, 07:36 PM
My first ride in a flat was in Fiat48's Cole with a blown alky 509. He told me he only nailed it for 2 seconds but it felt like 10. When we slowed back down he kept looking at me and cracking up. Then he would look at me again and start laughing all over again. I must have turned pretty white. It's an unreal feeling. Couldn't really compare it to anything in the world.

WVspeedfreak
03-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Adrenaline shakes ... heck yea. I have raced dirttrack, motocross, GNCC 4 wheelers, Pole vaulted 14' in high school. Had a kite tube for 2 hours and flew it at 55 mph at close to 50' in the air( resulted in a broken shoulder, torn rotator cuff, and 3 months loss of work) Fought in toughman contest 5 times , have a 70 camaro that has a 650hp bigblock that I drive on the street (6.80's in the eight mile), over 150 mph on the highway sev times. Rode crotch rockets at 180 mph, and sev other adrenaline pumping activities I cant think of at the moment .....And tonights ride in my V-Drive took the cake. I want to keep up the fun with it and try to be as safe as I can for being a verry unsafe person. :)

WVspeedfreak
03-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I watched a video on here of Fiats boat about twenty times...that thing is sick...I showed it to my friends as a referance as to how a V-Drive is supposed to run...lol

Morg
03-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I ran my old Hondo for a couple of years with just the handle.
Let me help you out here.
Get a down pedal, Or you can get a down pedal. But maybe you could just GET A DOWN PEDAL.
my old Hondo did not have the power your deal has. If you learn to use the handle, pretty soon you are going to start to push it. It is real easy to get into trouble in one of these deals. Especially without a down pedal & just the handle.
Did I mention you should have a down pedal.
Real easy to install. Install a sliding eyelet into your handle, the cav. shaft goes through that & the female rod end screws on the shaft. You then get a short shaft that connects to that rod end & the DOWN PEDAL.
After some thought, it just occured to me. Get a down pedal
I will see if I have a pic. of the setup I esplained.

purrfecttremor
03-10-2007, 07:43 PM
My Son had a 19' sanger flatie for one summer and I never realized how much fun 100 mph could be until I drove it! Sit down hold on and shut the fock up:D

78Eliminator
03-10-2007, 07:47 PM
I watched a video on here of Fiats boat about twenty times...that thing is sick...I showed it to my friends as a referance as to how a V-Drive is supposed to run...lol
F&*$ing-A. I am a big fan. If I were you, I would try and take a ride with a seasoned flat driver and ask a lot of questions and let him show you what to do, and what not to do and how to set the boat and free it up etc. Like Morg said, it's real easy to get into trouble in a flat.

Morg
03-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Look close, the cav. rod is not in, but you can see the eyelete with the hole in it installed on the handle.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/morg/Paint/images/P3260008.jpg

GofastRacer
03-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Well I drove the boat in my avatar today for the first time. It is also the first time I have ever been in a v-drive , actually I have never even seen a v- drive on the water before. I bought it almost 2 months ago and have been itching to get it out. I backed it in ....fired it up, let it warm up....shut it down....paddle it off the trailer...put it in gear......fire it back up....idle for approx. 20 feet...pulled back on the down handle....gripped the wheel, and layed the petal all the way down. After a few seconds I started to let the cav plate up a little and it started to porpoise, I guess I was a little premature on the up handle. So I put her back down a little and let her eat again. Holly shit is the only thing I can say. This thing takes a set and Gooooooooooos. I guess 17' 10" worth of boat , a flat bottom, a v-drive and 800 HP = hold the F*** on ! It was 3 hours ago and I'm still grinning ear to ear. I only drove it for about five minutes , and put it back on the trailer.
Maybe you guys can give me some pointers and directions on how to "Properly" learn to drive this wonderful beast. I never even came close to winding it all the way out. I prob got her up to 70 or so. Prev. owner radared it at 107, so I have some learning to do before I step up to the above 90 mph driving. :) :) :) :) My Lord I'm going to say a prayer every time I get in this thing. V-Drives....Is there anything else???? I'm hooked!!
Congrats on the first ride, you do have some learning though and with that amount of power and potential speeds a down pedal is mandatory, there's no way you can control the plates at speed with just the handle!...

dragboat
03-10-2007, 07:52 PM
I ran my old Hondo for a couple of years with just the handle.
Let me help you out here.
Get a down pedal, Or you can get a down pedal. But maybe you could just GET A DOWN PEDAL.
my old Hondo did not have the power your deal has. If you learn to use the handle, pretty soon you are going to start to push it. It is real easy to get into trouble in one of these deals. Especially without a down pedal & just the handle.
Did I mention you should have a down pedal.
Real easy to install. Install a sliding eyelet into your handle, the cav. shaft goes through that & the female rod end screws on the shaft. You then get a short shaft that connects to that rod end & the DOWN PEDAL.
After some thought, it just occured to me. Get a down pedal
I will see if I have a pic. of the setup I esplained.
Soooooo........ You're saying .......um ..........get a down pedal? :D

Morg
03-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Nah:rolleyes:

WVspeedfreak
03-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey Morg, do you think I should get a down pedal?? LoL It sounds like that will be my next purchase, as my first was a dead mans switch that I installed this morning. Did I forget to mention that my brother was co-pilot and he turned white as a ghost after our first run and said "Take me back to the dock and let me the FU** out of this thing!" And he is pretty brave. There were about twnty onlookers and he is the only one with enough nuts that would ride with me...Gee I wonder why??

rrrr
03-10-2007, 08:04 PM
:D :D
'S pretty cool, isn't it??? :jawdrop:
Get some safety gear......a Lifeline jacket and the other stuff. Lots of good threads about that on this forum. DO a search, read, and learn.

Fast Freddy
03-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey Morg, do you think I should get a down pedal?? LoL It sounds like that will be my next purchase, as my first was a dead mans switch that I installed this morning. Did I forget to mention that my brother was co-pilot and he turned white as a ghost after our first run and said "Take me back to the dock and let me the FU** out of this thing!" And he is pretty brave. There were about twnty onlookers and he is the only one with enough nuts that would ride with me...Gee I wonder why??
good posting!

Morg
03-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Good for you on the kill switch.
You know, other than safety the nice thing about a down pedal is you can learn to carry the nose coming out of the hole & get the tail to dance a little, she will pull harder. You mentioned street bikes imagine having the front wheel a couple of inches off the ground, with all your weight over the tank, while the back wheel is shaking & wobbling from lack of traction. sort of like that.
First rides in v-drive are something you always remember. Congrats.

IMPATIENT 1
03-10-2007, 08:25 PM
when you lose the race shakes, your to drunk to drive a boat:D i think i'm having withdrawls from the shakes, its getting time for a 4-5month bender:D

Kindsvater Flat
03-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Good example of a handle operated cav plate.
Link not working at the moment

WVspeedfreak
03-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks for sharing in my excitement guys! But on a more sobering note, you should read Jbb's post in the Sand Bar section titled " Last flight Feb. 17 2007 - by Dick masters). I went from having the biggest smile in my life to having tears run down my cheeks.:(

steve d
03-10-2007, 09:11 PM
After reading your post.....Must have been a blast!
Gotta tell ya though I did cringe when you Stepped on it right off the trailer.
Does anybody heat their oil any more, or am I that old.
Oh..... and you probably need a down pedal:D

Fiat48
03-10-2007, 09:27 PM
My first ride in a flat was in Fiat48's Cole with a blown alky 509. He told me he only nailed it for 2 seconds but it felt like 10. When we slowed back down he kept looking at me and cracking up. Then he would look at me again and start laughing all over again. I must have turned pretty white. It's an unreal feeling. Couldn't really compare it to anything in the world.
Laughing because I would never be a passenger with someone like me driving.
You think about that one. :D
WVspeedfreak you do need the pedal assembly for sure. Could find nothing at Rex Marine website and I don''t know who makes them anymore. But you need it. New or used. And welcome to the dark side.

Morg
03-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey Justin (78 Elim)
I've never been in Bobs (fiat) boat.. LOL
Think about that also.

78Eliminator
03-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey Justin (78 Elim)
I've never been in Bobs (fiat) boat.. LOL
Think about that also.
I just figured, if it's my time to go, it's my time to go..........:D :D

dmontzsta
03-10-2007, 09:42 PM
My old boat did not have a pedal and I put one in, it is a MUST especially going as fast as that boat will go.

CircleJerk
03-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Speedd Freaks all of Ya
Did someone mention a pedal?

sleekcrafter
03-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Congrads on the ride! they are a blast but not for me, and you have the V-drive trait down pat:D back on the trailer in five minute:D Sorry boys could not resist;)

jdf
03-11-2007, 06:05 AM
i know this feeling all to well ,,,,,,,my g/f is the only one that will ride with me and if someone pulls and want's to play she look at themm and wave's bye, and that's when i drop the hammer ,she can drive it ,,,,,,,,oh get a down pedal

Sherpa
03-11-2007, 06:05 AM
I just had a question for Morg,
whadya think about a down peddle-?
lol....
--Sherpa
maybe I need one for my masterraft... it's a flat.......

BA Kurtis
03-11-2007, 06:37 AM
congratulations on the new ride:D I know what your feeling there is nothin like mashing the gas on a flattie, O ya has anyone mentioned get a down pedal:D , I liked what Fiat said (I wouldnt get in a flat bottom with some one like me) becauce I wouldnt, think about something most people dont know what to expect when they jump in the pass. seat, so break em in easy, also think about the saftey of the other person riding. I will not make a 100 mph pass with a passenger anymore. just my .02 cents, have fun and be safe.

WVspeedfreak
03-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Ok guys, who has a pedal set up for me. Right now I have the nickson handle that is a loop type. I would like to buy an entire set up that is compatible with what i have right now. I hate having to buy stuff one little part at a time and try to piece this thing together, especially since I have no Idea on how the hell this pedal assembly is suposed to mount and hook-up and what not. You guys got to remember, I live in the northern sticks of West Virginia, most people around could care less about V-Drive boats, they are more into humping sheep, goats, nephews, nieces,and even horses on occasion.

Roaddogg 4040
03-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Sounds like you had a ball but the one thing that I would suggest is that you don't just mash the gas on a new boat that you have never driven. You don't have a clue what it might, do so I would suggest that you ease into it a little until you get a feel for the boat. Just my two cents and that is worth exactly what you paid for it...:D Enjoy...
Steve

Sangster
03-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Down pedals are for Sissy's Morg...:D :D :D

charitycase
03-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Down pedals are for Sissy's Morg...:D :D :D
This is coming from a guy who drives a "trainning wheel" boat.( a fast one tho)
How the hell are you guys?See ya in RedBluff I'm sure.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Ok guys, who has a pedal set up for me. Right now I have the nickson handle that is a loop type. I would like to buy an entire set up that is compatible with what i have right now. I hate having to buy stuff one little part at a time and try to piece this thing together, especially since I have no Idea on how the hell this pedal assembly is suposed to mount and hook-up and what not. You guys got to remember, I live in the northern sticks of West Virginia, most people around could care less about V-Drive boats, they are more into humping sheep, goats, nephews, nieces,and even horses on occasion.
This is a basic down pedal set up. You can find pedal assemblies in the spam section from time to time or buy new. I don't remember how old I was the first time my dad took me on a speed ride but it has stayed with me...:)
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/DSC01298.JPG

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Congrads on the ride! they are a blast but not for me, and you have the V-drive trait down pat:D back on the trailer in five minute:D Sorry boys could not resist;)
It usually takes less than 5 minutes to own all the jetboats and get back to the ladies. ;)
sorry, couldn't resist...:D

bordsmnj
03-11-2007, 09:28 AM
i'm just sittin' here being jealous.:rolleyes:

Racey
03-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Got a link to that vid?

78Eliminator
03-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Here ya go
http://www.schoutenranch.com/clips/10-9-6.wmv
Did you guys go on a week day or something. Looks like you own the lake.

Racey
03-11-2007, 11:17 AM
That's a badass little video

WVspeedfreak
03-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey Fiat, that boat of yours is bad-ass......Like I wrote earlier, that video is what I show my buds on what a v-drive is all about. Can you indulge on some particulars for us? Engine, fuel set up, drive , gears, prop, speed, etc. When you lay the smack down, that thing sounds like all hell is breaking loose. (Thats a good thing;) )
Mike

Fiat48
03-11-2007, 04:32 PM
It's a 509 (Dart tall deck) 4.500 bore and 4 inch stroke. C&A aluminum rods (.400 long) and 12.5 to 1 compression. Dry sump oiling. Roller cam, Summers gear drive (modified to hell to fit a dart) Brodix BB2 Xtra heads with mild pocket porting.
Severe duty stainless valves and 300 lbs of spring pressure on the seat.
Lunati roller rockers (like crane), a BDS blower manifold and a loose gas 6/71 blower driven at 2% overdrive on the first run and 4% overdrive on the 2nd run.
32 gears (too small..needs about a 40 or so) 11 1/4 x 16 prop.
Enderle injection, 80a gas pump and no high speed. Super Mag III ignition locked out.
It's been a work in progress to get the boat (Tr1) to work with blown alcohol without either trying to fly away or drive the nose over on the other end.
The video you see is testing the last motor and strut location that I changed and it seems I have it worked out pretty good. Now it needs more gear.
Speed....I dunno. Morg says it will do 100 anyway. If you can believe Morg. ;)

Unchained
03-11-2007, 04:44 PM
That video of Fiats boat WAS one of the most awesome lake boat videos I've seen on here.
Info's "okie style" video of his Cougar going 120+ was another of the best videos.

Roaddogg 4040
03-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Crap, you know that you can't believe Morg... He thinks thast his boat runs over seventy!!!:D
Steve

Kindsvater Flat
03-11-2007, 05:45 PM
up and down pedals and no lock handle. (Don't use the up pedal)
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/440/new/a3.JPG

VDRIVERACING
03-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks guys
You've spent a lot of money on the boat. You already have heard about a down pedal and kill switch. You can find this stuff on line at Glenwood Marine in Gardena, CA; Rex Marine(rexmar); and Eddie Marine.
You now have a tiger by the tail. High powered flatbottoms can get out violently of shape without notice. Not to burst your bubble, but there are plenty of threads from guys who vow never to haul a** again without race jacket, helmet etc... Never heard anyone complain who was wearing the gear when they went for a swim.
Please contact Lifeline Jackets - or whoever - and invest in a race jacket, collar, helmet, and ballistic shorts. They are not cheap, but neither is intensive care.
You may now return to your regularly scheduled fantasy.

VDRIVERACING
03-11-2007, 05:52 PM
up and down pedals and no lock handle. (Don't use the up pedal)
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/440/new/a3.JPG
Note the safety collar just forward of the shaft seal. This is designed to prevent the shaft from eating your rudder, should the shaft come out. You may already have one. If so, make sure it's tight.

Morg
03-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Crap, you know that you can't believe Morg... He thinks thast his boat runs over seventy!!!:D
Steve
Ok, now that just aint right, I have proof my deal runs over 70. My GPS said 72:devil: :) :devil:
WVspeedfreak, Watch the second run of Bob launching. Pay attention to the rooster tail. You can see when he lifts off of the down pedal by watching the tail drop.
Don't pay any attention to the way my deal launches& the tail, Still trying to figure out the circle deal.

Morg
03-11-2007, 06:00 PM
You've spent a lot of money on the boat. You already have heard about a down pedal and kill switch. You can find this stuff on line at Glenwood Marine in Gardena, CA; Rex Marine(rexmar); and Eddie Marine.
You now have a tiger by the tail. High powered flatbottoms can get out violently of shape without notice. Not to burst your bubble, but there are plenty of threads from guys who vow never to haul a** again without race jacket, helmet etc... Never heard anyone complain who was wearing the gear when they went for a swim.
Please contact Lifeline Jackets - or whoever - and invest in a race jacket, collar, helmet, and ballistic shorts. They are not cheap, but neither is intensive care.
You may now return to your regularly scheduled fantasy.
Can't believe we did not hit on this before. Excellent point.
Last year after I ran my deal at CFW, A very well respected & well know v-driver took the time to let me know it was time to stop screwing around & start wearing a helmet. I have not run without a SRP jacket & balistic shorts for years, but it was time to take the next step.
I now have a SRP torso suit with helmet restraints & helmet.
Thanks for the reminder Herb.

WVspeedfreak
03-11-2007, 06:24 PM
I def. need all the safety gear for my wife and three little girls sake....I cant fathom some playboy she would hook up, with spending the money she would get from the life insurance policy.....J/K, I appreciate all of your feedback and dont mind a little critisizing.

GofastRacer
03-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Note the safety collar just forward of the shaft seal. This is designed to prevent the shaft from eating your rudder, should the shaft come out. You may already have one. If so, make sure it's tight.
Also if the coupler is tightened the proper way, the shaft will never slip back especially with a whirlaway!..

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Have you seen this video? (http://www.v-drivevideo.com/movie/guruconstantino.wmv)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-11-2007, 11:01 PM
This is why you wear safety gear -> Wildchild (http://www.v-drivevideo.com/movie/wildchild.wmv)

RiverDave
03-12-2007, 08:28 AM
This is why you wear safety gear -> Wildchild (http://www.v-drivevideo.com/movie/wildchild.wmv)
Did that boat keep floating at the end of that deal?
Nice new signiature by the way. ;) Anti Pimpin.. :D
RD

Roaddogg 4040
03-12-2007, 09:46 AM
WOW! It is amazing how strong Carbon Fiber boats are...
Steve

Wild and Out
03-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Ok, now that just aint right, I have proof my deal runs over 70. My GPS said 72:devil: :) :devil:
WVspeedfreak, Watch the second run of Bob launching. Pay attention to the rooster tail. You can see when he lifts off of the down pedal by watching the tail drop.
Don't pay any attention to the way my deal launches& the tail, Still trying to figure out the circle deal.
I have not seen anything from east of the sierras (nevada) that runs as good as the owners mouths. The last time I was at Lohatton the Tr1 sat on the trailer while normally aspirated boats were making passes,>>>> skeeered>>>>>>> Perhaps. However does any video exist of the Tr1 running in the water @ C.F.W last year? I heard some primered injected wannabee circle boat was attempting to break the marathon record and almost got pitched in the so. end of the cove, is this true?:idea: :sleeping:

Sangster
03-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Well.....That's gonna' leave a mark..........................

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Did that boat keep floating at the end of that deal?
Nice new signiature by the way. ;) Anti Pimpin.. :D
RD
Yes it did and they ran it the next day....
Lol "anti-pimpin"!! I guess you could say that...:)

Fiat48
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
I have not seen anything from east of the sierras (nevada) that runs as good as the owners mouths. The last time I was at Lohatton the Tr1 sat on the trailer while normally aspirated boats were making passes,>>>> skeeered>>>>>>> Perhaps. However does any video exist of the Tr1 running in the water @ C.F.W last year? I heard some primered injected wannabee circle boat was attempting to break the marathon record and almost got pitched in the so. end of the cove, is this true?:idea: :sleeping:
You are absolutely correct. I am scared of the boat. But I built it for my pleasure and not yours so it tickles me it was on the trailer while you were at Lahontan.

78Eliminator
03-12-2007, 08:27 PM
>>>> skeeered>>>>>>> Perhaps.
"Skeeered", sort of like posting under an alias?

Morg
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Who is this guy talking about anyway?

BA Kurtis
03-13-2007, 05:08 AM
You are absolutely correct. I am scared of the boat. But I built it for my pleasure and not yours so it tickles me it was on the trailer while you were at Lahontan.
Well put Fiat:D

Wild and Out
03-13-2007, 05:39 AM
Who is this guy talking about anyway?
I dont know maybe you.:) Alias nahh. :sleeping:

steve d
03-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat48
Well put Fiat
What they said............................

Cole Man II
03-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Wild and Out,
Who are you talking about agian? Morg's boat is not primed.
By the way, "primered" is not a word. LOL

Cole Man II
03-13-2007, 08:46 AM
While we are at, there is no such place as "Lo-hat-ton" either. LOL

RiverDave
03-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm just beside myself that I posted something in the V-Drive section, and everyone didn't disagree with it immediately. :D
RD

Rattle Can Lou
03-13-2007, 01:11 PM
While we are at, there is no such place as "Lohatton" either. LOL
Bullshit! I fought in Lohatton, Viet Nam...1967.

MKEELINE
03-13-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm just beside myself that I posted something in the V-Drive section, and everyone didn't disagree with it immediately. :D
RD
Apparently they didn't know that RD SUX.......:)

DMOORE
03-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Here ya go
http://www.schoutenranch.com/clips/10-9-6.wmv
Did you guys go on a week day or something. Looks like you own the lake.
The boat sounded great making those runs. The acceleration from a standstill is unreal. Hell you would have been 100 yards down the river by the time I got on step. Hard to beat out of the hole punch.
Darrell.

Cole Man II
03-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Lou,
Is that east of the Sierra Nevada, and how is the water?

78Eliminator
03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Lou,
Is that east of the Sierra Nevada, and how is the water?
East of the Sierra Nevadas..........damn, that is a lot of space. What a bold statement.
C-Dogg, thanks again for the pimp foot brace. It's a really nice piece and EXACTLY what I was looking for.
Justin

WVspeedfreak
03-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Anybody got a down pedal set up for me....come on guys hook a brother up......you guys dont want me runnin up and down the river here in the sticks at 110 mph with only one hand on the wheel and the other on the handle now do ya?? Heck, I need at least one hand for my beer.....J/k
Mike

78Eliminator
03-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Why don't you call up Rex Marine or Prime Marine. I am sure either of them could hook you up or point you in the right direction.

Cole Man II
03-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Also try Kevin Felkins @ Canyon Speed & Marine. They still build new boats and should have all the hardware on hand. 209-334-6396 or cell# 209-518-7575.

78Eliminator
03-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Also try Kevin Felkins @ Canyon Speed & Marine. They still build new boats and should have all the hardware on hand. 209-334-6396 or cell# 209-518-7575.
Or Greg at GS marine in Corona.
http://www.gsmarine.us/

Cole Man II
03-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I just got off the phone with Paul @ Carrige House Performance Marine and he has a used one in stock or can order you a new one. His number is (530) 432-6812.

Morg
03-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Way to hijack the thread there WVSF.
Hey RCL, Never heard of Lahatton Veitnam, any cool bars there??
Thank you for you service by the way.

WVspeedfreak
03-14-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry morg........I sould have known better than to get back to the origonal topic once this thread turned into a BS session.. :)

Cole Man II
03-14-2007, 01:45 PM
VWSF,
Did you get your down peddle ordered?

charitycase
03-14-2007, 03:16 PM
VWSF,
Did you get your down peddle ordered?
Are we going to see you & Morg on Fathers Day?

WVspeedfreak
03-14-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm going to give him a call tomorrow cole. Thanks for the info ;)

voodooCanoe
03-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I think he is sellng the pedal assemblies made by Joey Grose.
Very nice pedals!!!

Cole Man II
03-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Charitycase,
Yes.
My plan is still for 13th through the 15th. Have you changed your plan?

Cole Man II
03-14-2007, 08:29 PM
WVSP,
Glad we could help. Sorry for hyjacking your thread so badly.
Now that you have a line on a down peddle, time to call Lifeline and get your shorts and jacket.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Glad to see your luvin' the v-drives;) My dads old flattie did the same thing. Have fun out there and be safe;)
_Spitter

charitycase
03-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Charitycase,
Yes.
My plan is still for 13th through the 15th. Have you changed your plan?
Nope,still the 11th thru the 17th.

charitycase
03-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Sorry for jackin the thread.
My old Aquacraft ran good & was solid.
You should have fun.
Did I metion,get a down pedal.If one turns up I'll let you now
Casey a.k.a.Charitycase

DansBlown73Nordic
03-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Speed Freak you bought yourself a super nice boat. That boat has been at Lake Anna many times.
I also need to pick up a down pedal. I run a Blown Nordic and im always reaching down for the handle....:idea:

DansBlown73Nordic
03-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Here is a picture of my Nordic...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/746iMG_07271.jpg

old flat
03-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Down pedal is essential, or did Morg cover that? and if you got to have one
make it look good, or just forget it. Now that that is out of the way, function is first, and they will all make the plate go down, when you push it;
so now if you're going to buy one get the sexiest out there, and buy the JOEY GROSE DEAL you will not be sorry, in my opinion they are the best looking out there and they are built right. Just my $.02
STEVE

Billdoe
04-21-2007, 08:43 AM
right on on your first ride .. my first time was this year at Polar bear day at Camp Far west on Jan 1st ... what a first ride too i gotta tell ya running over 120+ mph was fawkin the best adrenaline rush ive ever experianced ... some of you might have seen the boat out there it was the Red Brendella Tunnel v-drive with a 1400+ hp blown Alky inj 548 all aluminum motor ... ive never had Tunnel vision before and lemme tell ya its a trip ... we made about 4 passes around the island and one pass we turns 7900 rpm with 25 gears and it had alot more throttle to go .. i will never forget that ride .... thinking about it i get a rush lol ... anyway yes you Need a Down Pedal if your running that kind of power .... i just bought another v-drive cause last one wasnt built for the motror im having built about a 700+ hp ands the one i have now has the down pedals in it and is a more stable hull design so hopefully in the next month ill get to experiance my first Drive .. BTW heres a link to Rex Marine for Cav pedal assemblies http://www.rexmar.com/page137.html

thatguy
04-22-2007, 06:00 AM
I feel the same. Bought a 73' Eliminator flat last week. Took it out and shat myself almost immediately! I have far less engine than you but still, a far cry from my Miller Jet. I have both now and the V-Drive can only be described as brutally violent. The Miller has much more engine, but seems almost like a pleasure boat next to the Eliminator.
I am having the same deal with the plate. I got the boat from Rick King, but he never ran it so it was never adjusted by a master like himself. So, a rookie V-Driver (me) with a potentially 100mph boat that is out of adjustment. I have to leave the handle all the way down or the boat starts porpoising badly. I don't know if I am trying to free it too soon, or if it is really out of adj. It has been fairly choppy each time out, so I am waiting for a smooth day when I can leave my foot in it for more than a few seconds. Maybe I am just not going fast enough to let it up. I would guess maybe 65 or 70 so far, just judging by what the Miller goes. Wish a good driver could take a spin and educate me.
Tommy

vdrivedenis
04-22-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm going on 62. If the day ever comes that I don't get butterflies when I climb into my Cole or Hondo and push that down plate, shoot me. Most of us older drivers well remember having fixed plates or plates with a handle, and well remember the first time we nailed it!!
There were previous posts about the safety gear-get the good Lifeline jacket and ballistic shorts. Be safe.
Denis