PDA

View Full Version : Rode in a V-Drive for the first time today..and I was behind the wheel...Holy shi*

WVspeedfreak
03-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Check out my thread in V-Drives section it explains the thrill I got driving my V-Drive ( the one in my avatar) for the first time. Before I bought this boat about a month ago I had never even seen a V-Drive in person before. It was the biggest adrenaline rush ever when I fired it up, idled it for about twenty feet, and matted the throttle to the floor!

dragboat
03-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Check out my thread in V-Drives section it explains the thrill I got driving my V-Drive ( the one in my avatar) for the first time. Before I bought this boat about a month ago I had never even seen a V-Drive in person before. It was the biggest adrenaline rush ever when I fired it up, idled it for about twenty feet, and matted the throttle to the floor!
Adrenalin Junky!!!!!.........Jones'n for the SHAKES!!!!!:D :D

WVspeedfreak
03-10-2007, 07:58 PM
You an adrenaline junky too Dragboat?? :D

Fast Freddy
03-10-2007, 08:06 PM
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!

IMPATIENT 1
03-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Adrenalin Junky!!!!!.........Jones'n for the SHAKES!!!!!:D :D
:D i thought that just happens to me. nothing like a o.d. of adrenaline. i've driven some very fast no2 & blown v-drive's,blown injected 540 v-drive hydro,jblown jet tunnels. nothing gave me the shakes worse than pushin my lake v-hull taylor over 80 with the 300hp shot coming outta the hole and getting a hard single stage nitrous hit:devil: gave me shakes just waiting for the pump to break offa the hull(12je)or hull seperate:mad: but it was great:D by summer's end i wasn't scared anymore and that's dangerous, i went and bought a faster hull.

WVspeedfreak
03-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks Freddie...The feeling I had tonight is one that I will never have again. For it was for the first time. Yea it will always be fun and a hell of a rush, but you know as well as I do when you do something like that for the first time it is never as exciting, the second time. I had no idea in hell on what was going to happen the sec. before I matted the throttle on that 468 CI bigblock with an 8-71 blower, 2 1050 dominators, and nothing between my ass and the water but a thin layer of wood and glass. OH MY ....What A RUSH!!!!:) :) :)

dragboat
03-10-2007, 08:25 PM
You an adrenaline junky too Dragboat?? :D
Ya..... sorta :rolleyes: I've not found a faster way to bust a bad mood/attitude than to crack the throttle on a well tuned V-Drive. After a pass... You can't stay pissed about anything. You just can't get the smile off you're face.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/32773433180-R3-070-33A.jpg
We're stopped, you can open you're eyes now honey :D :D :D:rolleyes:

WVspeedfreak
03-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Well Drag boat, at least your woman will ride in your boat. Mine made it perfectly clear that she wont ride in mine. She wont even sit in it in the garage. Maybe it was the 160 mph ride in my camaro with the cops in the rear view, or maybe it was the power turn in our 45' houseboat that nearly sent her overboard, that keeps her from going for a ride.

dragboat
03-11-2007, 05:49 PM
She would always go..:( .... but it took some time to get her to enjoy this boat. After several trips and getting used to it, she likes the attention it gets. It took 2+ years to bring this one back from the grave.
You gotta SOMEHOW live the 160 mph trip down and get her involved again. It is so much fun to have your wife as a partner in crime.:D
In the past when we had someone stalking us on the water, I've had Melissa (my wife) quietly turning on the nitrous bottle for me :D with an evil grin.....cant beat that feeling. :)
And no power turns with her on board!:rolleyes: