PDA

View Full Version : How much oil?

Some Kind Of Monster
03-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Just installed some new full roller aluminum rockers, and I get very, very little oil at idle and have to get on the gas to really get it flowing. It Shoots real good with the valve covers off and on the gas, but bring it back to idle, and there is barely a trickle if that. What should i be seeing?

Fiat48
03-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Sounds about right.

Some Kind Of Monster
03-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Sounds about right.
Wow Bob, that was fast! I'll give it hell tomorrow then and see what happens. I am paranoid with the new motor. Thanks again!

ghittner
03-12-2007, 07:54 PM
it's fine.

Moneypitt
03-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Did you install oil gallery restrictors?

Some Kind Of Monster
03-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Did you install oil gallery restrictors?
No I did not.. I romped on it last weekend. I don't like the "if it blows, it blows" mentality on a new motor, but I guess ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.. It's still alive.. so far..

gn7
03-13-2007, 04:01 PM
the roller rockers can survive just fine in a oil cloud they really don't need that much oil, the springs on the other hand need quite a bit mainly for cooling, if you have good oil off idle I wouldn't worry about

67weimann
03-13-2007, 05:27 PM
No I did not.. I romped on it last weekend. I don't like the "if it blows, it blows" mentality on a new motor, but I guess ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.. It's still alive.. so far..
If it blows, it's gonna blow dude, and if it does, build it "right" next time...:D

Some Kind Of Monster
03-13-2007, 10:40 PM
If it blows, it's gonna blow dude, and if it does, build it "right" next time...:D
Built it "right" last time.. It ate a set of comp cams rockers. Comp cams says it was a part defect. Didn't matter how perfect everything was :-(

Moneypitt
03-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Built it "right" last time.. It ate a set of comp cams rockers. Comp cams says it was a part defect. Didn't matter how perfect everything was :-(
I could see a rocker, maybe even two, but a SET of rockers???? What kind of lift and are the springs part of the cam kit?? If not, you need to check pressure at full lift.......A set just doesn't fail from defects....MP