PDA

View Full Version : Switching from BBF to BBC motor plates

budnikjet
03-10-2007, 09:38 PM
My boat('73 Nordic Jet) had a BBF in it but that was all taken out and I am putting a new BBC in it.The Ford set up used a 3-point set up with motor plate up front attached to stringers and a bell housing attached to the jet in back.I want to put a rail system in it with motor plates front and back.Is there a thread on here that shows how to do it and maybe drawings I could use to make my own out of aluminum.What angle do you set the motor at for the jet to be inline and not in a bind.Any help would be great .thanks

Ken F
03-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Try doing a search on "rail-kits", or "rail-Mounts". It's been covered pretty extensivly. It is possible to make your own engine mounting plates, but it would require that you suspend your engine in the engine bay, and start cutting cardboard to fit. From experience, it is a long drawn out process getting everything to fit. I'd say as close as we are to boating season (if financially possible for you) you would be ahead of the game to order a railkit system. I'm sure these are available from a variaty of places but the only one that I could point you to off the top of my head is www.hi-techperformance.com
If you decide to make your own, the only thing to be concerned about is to leave a bit of an angle (2-3 degrees) on your driveline. U-joints need to flex some to keep the needle bearings moving and not wearing flatspots on them.
Hope this helps..
Ken F

b's sanger
03-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Let me know if you are interseted in getting rid of that ford bell housing mount. e-mail pics if you are interested.
angermgmt187@hotmail.com
Thanks B

wsm9808
03-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Here is a couple of pics of mine. I bought the motor plates on ebay for 75.00 and the 2X1/4 angle and 2X1/4 flat for the rails from a local metal suppy for 60.00. Once I have all the exhaust.wiring seats, plumbing, ect, installed I will mill some bling slots in the plates and rails and powder coat all the parts.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141639

Jetaholic
03-11-2007, 01:42 PM
PM ironman44bear on the boards. He makes the rail kits for the BBC.
As far as the pump angle, if it's a Berk pump they're usually set in at about 4 degrees, but like was said before you want a slight angle in the driveline to keep the needle bearings moving.

Rondane
03-11-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm sure these are available from a variaty of places but the only one that I could point you to off the top of my head is www.jetpumprepair.net/
If you decide to make your own, the only thing to be concerned about is to leave a bit of an angle (2-3 degrees) on your driveline. U-joints need to flex some to keep the needle bearings moving and not wearing flatspots on them.
Hope this helps..
Ken F
Off the top of your head or all of the time.... ever ken? :D
Try Big A performance in tennessee, might be closer for you. (423) 745-9667.
Hope THAT helps,
Ronn

IMPATIENT 1
03-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Off the top of your head or all of the time.... ever ken? :D
Try Big A performance in tennessee, might be closer for you. (423) 745-9667.
Hope THAT helps,
Ronn
i've bought from big a before, good place.
if anyone is lookin for some nice bbf motor plates, i've got some to trade for a bbc plates or i'll sell the bbf ones.they're nice lookin pieces:)