PDA

View Full Version : Whoooosh....bammmm!

Perfect Mixer
03-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Damn teenager hit a tree and rolled his car along the road behind my house. Looks like he was doing well over the speed limit (about 90+ in a 40 according to eyewitnesses). My daughter (15 years old) is besides herself. She just had a friend die this time last year in a similar accident. Can't see everything from my backyard, but they extracted one occupant and have been shooting photos for over an hour now. Doubt that everyone got out alive. We had a couple of friends over for a BBQ and heard the noise. I was very proud of my daughter who was the first to call 911. She was very calm and composed about it. We're not going to sleep well tonight at all. God bless!

Outnumbered
03-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Damn teenager hit a tree and rolled his car along the road behind my house. Looks like he was doing well over the speed limit (about 90+ in a 40 according to eyewitnesses). My daughter (15 years old) is besides herself. She just had a friend die this time last year in a similar accident. Can't see everything from my backyard, but they extracted one occupant and have been shooting photos for over an hour now. Doubt that everyone got out alive. We had a couple of friends over for a BBQ and heard the noise. I was very proud of my daughter who was the first to call 911. She was very calm and composed about it. We're not going to sleep well tonight at all. God bless!
Whoa...this just happened to us last night/this AM about 2:00. Dude was going at least 70 in a 40, hooked the median curb. The median is desert landscaped about 40 feet wide. He proceeded to spin out through the median and ended up on the other side of the road. Took out two large Saguraos and a bunch of other stuff with his 2007 Mustang. I was first to call 911. Guy was loaded and walked away from it uninjured. Cops hooked him up and took him away. Woke up our daughter too and she was freeked out. It was a good thing for her to see though--a lesson on what happens when you drink and drive.

Perfect Mixer
03-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Just finished watching the last of the photos after the tow truck rolled it on it's wheels. They found a bottle of what looked to be bacardi in the car. It took them 4 hours to pick up the car. I was sure that there where more people in it. I didn't see a coroner(sp?) around, so he must have been the only occupant (thank goodness!). My daughter just turned 15.5 on Friday. She wasn't real excited to get her license before this. Now I doubt she's going to drive for quite some time now. I wish other teenagers could have this life lesson prior to getting behind the wheel.
S

YeLLowBoaT
03-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Just finished watching the last of the photos after the tow truck rolled it on it's wheels. They found a bottle of what looked to be bacardi in the car. It took them 4 hours to pick up the car. I was sure that there where more people in it. I didn't see a coroner(sp?) around, so he must have been the only occupant (thank goodness!). My daughter just turned 15.5 on Friday. She wasn't real excited to get her license before this. Now I doubt she's going to drive for quite some time now. I wish other teenagers could have this life lesson prior to getting behind the wheel.
S
I agree with you 100% that all teenagers need to understand what can happen in a car.
maybe its for the best that your duaghter does not want to get her DL. Most 16 year olds are not ready for thier DL( hell I'm sure your like me and know a few ppl in thier 40s that are still not ready)
Atleast you won't have to pay a 2k+ INS bill for her.

OverKill
03-11-2007, 04:30 AM
I will tell you what opened my eye's. When I was in high school, the local police department put a wrecked car in the middle of the school lawn so all the students could see what happens when you drink and drive. Needless to say there were no survivors of that crash. It makes you think twice before wanting to be like everybody else.