PDA

View Full Version : good family spots on the lake

Lavey29
03-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey everyone, just wondering what are some of the best family beach spots on the lake. Some places where its a nice sandy area to beach the boat and let the little ones out to have fun without the big party crowd around. I usually hang out in steamboat or the nautical cove and even moabi somtimes. The channel and sand bar get to crowded usually and its not the easist place for the kids to play. Any suggestions on some cool family cove/beach spots on the lake that are off the main areas and not that crowded usually? Thanks for the info....

voodoomedman
03-11-2007, 09:16 AM
Hey everyone, just wondering what are some of the best family beach spots on the lake. Some places where its a nice sandy area to beach the boat and let the little ones out to have fun without the big party crowd around. I usually hang out in steamboat or the nautical cove and even moabi somtimes. The channel and sand bar get to crowded usually and its not the easist place for the kids to play. Any suggestions on some cool family cove/beach spots on the lake that are off the main areas and not that crowded usually? Thanks for the info....
Not telling. Not out in public anyway otherwise they won't be good spots anymore.

riverroyal
03-11-2007, 09:35 AM
just start looking on the az side,youll find one

Havasu1986
03-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Theres a place called 3 dunes on the Az side across from Black Meadows.

Lavey29
03-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Ok,,I will check the areas south of Steamboat and look for this place called 3 dunes near Black Meadows...Thanks for the info...

a catered life
03-11-2007, 02:50 PM
i have heard black meadows landing is good for families but dont quote me

shaffewm
03-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Run up the river to Moabi....great beach and awesome people...for the most part:D

2Driver
03-11-2007, 05:22 PM
just start looking on the az side,youll find one
Exactly

shueman
03-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Theres a place called 3 dunes on the Az side across from Black Meadows.
Great beaches on both sides of the dunes :cool:
Looking North...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1761Cat-Tail_Beach_2.jpg
Looking South...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1761Cat-Tail_Beach_3.jpg
Back in the cove to the left is awesome...

EAZYKILLER2006
03-11-2007, 06:37 PM
oh on your way to topock...past the 5 mile wake zone....

Havasu1986
03-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Looking North...
Looking South...
Thats the place Shueman.. but you have to get there early because it's a nice spot.:)

Old Man Havasu
03-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Many people leave EZ ups and chairs assuming they are reserving the spots when they arrive at noon the next day.
Just move the EZ up and enjoy. This happens in most areas on the south side.
I never see this above Devils Elbow that has several nice beach areas.

SHOTKALLIN
03-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I double dare you to move my easy up:devil: :D

GABACHOS_LBC
03-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I double dare you to move my easy up:devil: :D
How about "THE TRIPLE DOG DARE"?

little rowe boat
03-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Many people leave EZ ups and chairs assuming they are reserving the spots when they arrive at noon the next day.
Some people may do as stated above.
Some people really do get up very early to get a good beach. I go out at about 5:00 am put my EZ-up and chairs on the beach and then leave and return with my family a few hours later.

little rowe boat
03-11-2007, 09:35 PM
There is a cove at the south end on the calif. side between the Dam and the pumping station. This cove has a big rock in the middle.This cove is great for kids, they love jumping off the rock.

lewiville
03-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Looking North...
Looking South...
you just have to get there in time, they go very fast.

EAZYKILLER2006
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM
oh i thought you were moving me:( well... if ya were :devil: it least ya were enjoyN it...ONLY ON THE SOUTH SIDE? and whats wrong with my north side?

EAZYKILLER2006
03-11-2007, 09:57 PM
you just have to get there in time, they go very fast.
OH AND HEY BUSTER I LIKE IT SLOW...j/K...

voodoomedman
03-11-2007, 10:07 PM
There is a cove at the south end on the calif. side between the Dam and the pumping station. This cove has a big rock in the middle.This cove is great for kids, they love jumping off the rock.
That's Gene Wash Cove. No beaches though. Great float cove with lots of families. Most of the drunken idiots don't make it past Steamboat.

Lavey29
03-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the pics and directions Shu and all the info from everyone else...I will definetly look for that place in 2 weeks while I am up there. First trip of the season. Hope the weather is hot like so cali right now.

03-12-2007, 06:28 AM
OH AND HEY BUSTER I LIKE IT SLOW...j/K...
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

little rowe boat
03-12-2007, 11:09 AM
That's Gene Wash Cove. No beaches though. Great float cove with lots of families. Most of the drunken idiots don't make it past Steamboat.
I never new the name of the cove. We have always called it jump rock or palm cove.

shueman
03-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the pics and directions Shu and all the info from everyone else...I will definetly look for that place in 2 weeks while I am up there. First trip of the season. Hope the weather is hot like so cali right now.
Cool... we usually launch at Cat-Tail by 8am during mid-week / summer. Grab our fav beach, take the boys skiing, then back to CT to get the girls and grub...;)
Just the best on the south end....

dumbandyoung
03-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Run up the river to Moabi....great beach and awesome people...for the most part:D
Agreed

Jyruiz
03-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Yup, Gene Wash cove is nice. We usually hang out at Steamboat early during the day so the kids can play in the sand for a while and then we head to Gene Wash cove.

Lavey29
03-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Cool... we usually launch at Cat-Tail by 8am during mid-week / summer. Grab our fav beach, take the boys skiing, then back to CT to get the girls and grub...;)
Just the best on the south end....
How is Cat Tail for launching a larger size boat 30'. I was going to try that place as a back up when the water was really low and Windsor was not looking good to launch at. Hey where you at in Alta Loma,,,Im off Milliken and the 215...

voodoomedman
03-12-2007, 06:48 PM
How is Cat Tail for launching a larger size boat 30'. I was going to try that place as a back up when the water was really low and Windsor was not looking good to launch at. Hey where you at in Alta Loma,,,Im off Milliken and the 215...
Cattail is great. Ramp is steep but water is plenty deep. Some weeds straight out from the ramp but you go around them to go around the buoys anyway.