PDA

View Full Version : 1K h.p. BBC Dyno Time Only

BADBLOWN572
03-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Well, looks like my boat sold less power so I have a motor that needs a new home. Looking to get rid of it. Motor has 1 hour of dyno time since it was torn completely down, checked out, and rebuilt. Motor maybe has 30-40 hours on it TOTAL. It has all of the best parts in it.
World Industries block
Dart Pro 1 polished CNC Heads
The Blower Shop 10-71 Blower
MSD 6M Ignition
Super Chiller
Two Gary Williams Dominators
Billet Crank
ARP fasteners
Etc.
Motor put out 989h.p. on 6.5lbs of boost on pump gas. The motor is way over built for where it was running. A duplicate motor on Race Gas put out well over 1200h.p. and there was still room to go. There are no issues with this motor and it starts, idles, runs, perfectly. I can produce dyno sheets and will pay for an independant mechanic to go through the motor and sign off on it. Once that is done, that is where the warranty stops. I am 100% confident in this motor or I would not be selling it. As with anything high performance, there is NO WARRANTY what so ever once your mechanic gives it the green light.
I can also help whoever buys this motor install it in their boat.
You get the motor complete marine (less headers & motor mounts). Everything else is there and is ready to drop it in the boat. This would be a great re-power or something for a new boat awaiting production.
If you have any questions, please give me a call at 714-313-8757.
Just FYI, I am looking to get somewhere around $18-20K for this motor. Call up Pfaff, GT, or Teague. For something similar, you are looking between $40-50K. :eek:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598IMG_0059.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598IMG_0057.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598IMG_0056.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598IMG_0054.jpg

born2burn
03-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Whats the static compression? When you say pump gas......what octane?

BADBLOWN572
03-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Whats the static compression? When you say pump gas......what octane?
Initial is about 8 or 8.25:1. When I say pump gas, I mean 91 octane. That is what we ran it on the dyno at and no problems. Knock sensor didn't detect anything. Just to be on the safe side, I always splashed between 5-10 gallons of av gas into the tank prior to running it. Cheap insurance on the motor. They say that fuel looses between 1-2 octane points per month. Last thing you need is to have the fuel sit in the tanks (either in the boat or gas station) and pump bad gas through a high performance motor. :( It would live on 89, but I DO NOT suggest running it on 89 (much less running it hard)!

born2burn
03-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I may have missed it.........but what is the c.i.d.? Who built it?

BADBLOWN572
03-13-2007, 08:05 AM
I may have missed it.........but what is the c.i.d.? Who built it?
Nope. You didn't miss it, I forgot to add it. It is a 572cid and it was built by Dan Douglas from GS Marine. He owed me a favor and did this motor for me. We worked with a bunch of different builders to get the ideal combination. Tom Papp was in on it, Dougans Machining, PFM, Westech, etc. I ordered the parts and had them delivered to me. We then got together and I watched as it was assembled. Dan Douglas did all of the assembly and then it was dialed in by Steve Brule over at Westech.

blender over
03-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, looks like my boat sold less power so I have a motor that needs a new home. Looking to get rid of it. Motor has 1 hour of dyno time since it was torn completely down, checked out, and rebuilt. Motor maybe has 30-40 hours on it TOTAL. It has all of the best parts in it.
World Industries block
Dart Pro 1 polished CNC Heads
The Blower Shop 10-71 Blower
MSD 6M Ignition
Super Chiller
Two Gary Williams Dominators
Billet Crank
ARP fasteners
Etc.
Motor put out 989h.p. on 6.5lbs of boost on pump gas. The motor is way over built for where it was running. A duplicate motor on Race Gas put out well over 1200h.p. and there was still room to go. There are no issues with this motor and it starts, idles, runs, perfectly. I can produce dyno sheets and will pay for an independant mechanic to go through the motor and sign off on it. Once that is done, that is where the warranty stops. I am 100% confident in this motor or I would not be selling it. As with anything high performance, there is NO WARRANTY what so ever once your mechanic gives it the green light.
I can also help whoever buys this motor install it in their boat.
You get the motor complete marine (less headers & motor mounts). Everything else is there and is ready to drop it in the boat. This would be a great re-power or something for a new boat awaiting production.
If you have any questions, please give me a call at 714-313-8757.
Just FYI, I am looking to get somewhere around $18-20K for this motor. Call up Pfaff, GT, or Teague. For something similar, you are looking between $40-50K. :eek:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598IMG_0059.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598IMG_0057.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598IMG_0056.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598IMG_0054.jpg
I want it!!!!
I want it!!!!
I want it!!!!
But im Broke:(

Cole Trickle
03-13-2007, 09:06 AM
I want it!!!!
I want it!!!!
I want it!!!!
But im Broke:(
It would bolt right up and the hatch might even work;):D
Danny accepts Visa, Mastercard, Am Ex and cashiers check....:)

BADBLOWN572
03-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Hopefully it goes quick. My new motor should be here in 3-4 weeks. :) Once it is out of the boat, I have no use for it right now. I am sure I can find something to use it in, but nothing right now. It is a good motor and should be run. :)

riverbound
03-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Hopefully it goes quick. My new motor should be here in 3-4 weeks. :) Once it is out of the boat, I have no use for it right now. I am sure I can find something to use it in, but nothing right now. It is a good motor and should be run. :)
put me on 2 years deferred payments and I will have something you can put it in ;) make mine Blue.

BADBLOWN572
03-14-2007, 02:07 PM
put me on 2 years deferred payments and I will have something you can put it in ;) make mine Blue.
I will carry the financing for you without a problem. I would say 12% interest compounded monthly. ;) On a 5 year loan. ;)

djunkie
03-14-2007, 02:10 PM
I wonder what this motor would do in my boat? :idea: :idea: :D

Cole Trickle
03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
I wonder what this motor would do in my boat? :idea: :idea: :D
2 things.....
1.It would now make your boat worth about 18-20K
2.It would rip the boat in half and destroy your shag carpeting

djunkie
03-14-2007, 02:28 PM
2 things.....
1.It would now make your boat worth about 18-20K
2.It would rip the boat in half and destroy your shag carpeting
1. I have 2 standing offers for $20k on my boat right now.
2. Its a Howard, the only thing I'd be worried about is my outdrive. :cry: :cry:
I may need to invest in a good life jacket and helmet too. :D :D

riverbound
03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
We are talking about Boats here.....not riding to school on the shortbus ;)

riverbound
03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
I will carry the financing for you without a problem. I would say 12% interest compounded monthly. ;) On a 5 year loan. ;)
Looks like it will be a while before I buy a DCB (Dannys Custom Boats) :(

djunkie
03-14-2007, 02:36 PM
We are talking about Boats here.....not riding to school on the shortbus ;)
Well then you should know all about it then. :D :D

riverbound
03-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Well then you should know all about it then. :D :D
I didnt ride the bus.... I had a sweet bike with shocks.

Cole Trickle
03-14-2007, 03:07 PM
1. I have 2 standing offers for $20k on my boat right now.
2. Its a Howard, the only thing I'd be worried about is my outdrive. :cry: :cry:
Offers from 4 years ago that happend in a gas station when she was cherry with straight swim steps don't count;):devil: :D

riverbound
03-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Offers from 4 years ago that happend in a gas station when she was cherry with straight swim steps don't count;):devil: :D
Hes talking about offers from when it was brand new;)

riverbound
03-14-2007, 03:09 PM
FUN...dont push me to buy a 21 ultra instead :devil:

djunkie
03-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Less than 6 months old bud. Not that I'd sell it anyways. WTF am I gonna replace it with? Plus its a gonna be a classic soon. :D :D

Cole Trickle
03-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Less than 6 months old bud. Not that I'd sell it anyways. WTF am I gonna replace it with? Plus its a gonna be a classic soon. :D :D
Gonna?
It's almost as old as your ranger/GI Joe collection!!!:D

BADBLOWN572
03-14-2007, 03:33 PM
FUN...dont push me to buy a 21 ultra instead :devil:
I know of a great 22' Stealth with a Dereburry (?sp) in it that is for sale. ;) :D

djunkie
03-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I know of a great 22' Stealth with a Dereburry (?sp) in it that is for sale. ;) :D
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

riverbound
03-14-2007, 03:34 PM
LOL....I can mount the gas pedal wherever I want too. ;)

BADBLOWN572
03-16-2007, 07:52 AM
LOL....I can mount the gas pedal wherever I want too. ;)
If you buy this thing and put it in your "new" boat, we can put the gas peddle anywhere you want. ;) :D