PDA

View Full Version : Got stopped for Quagga/Zebra Muscles. Get ready for the backups on the 40.

beaverretriever
03-12-2007, 08:50 AM
We decided it was too cool still at Lake Mead, so we took the boat down to Havi. We didn't even drop it in the water because it was so fricken windy (still had a great time though)
On the way back through Cali they did a Muscle check. I told the guy we were going back Vegas, and didn't even put it in the water and he said it didn't matter. He looked at our boat for about 25 seconds(which looks like a piece of polished glass anyways) said it looks clean, handed us a Quagga Muscle info sheet and moved us on. He said, that if they do have muscles aboard they will have to pull over and be steam cleaned.
Man, is there going to be some back ups at that check station or what? I will probably leave the boat down there more often now.
My question is, what dirty ass Cali lakes are they trying to protect? LOL:devil:

Jyruiz
03-12-2007, 08:55 AM
We keep our boat at Havi, so I hope they have a line for people towing boats and one for people who are not towing.

beaverretriever
03-12-2007, 08:56 AM
As of yesterday, they did not. Lucky for us, we can leave our boat in Havi or take it home and we usually leave way after all the Cali folks and shouldn't have a problem. I feel bad for all the people that will be heading home on Sunday morning.

Keith E. Sayre
03-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Some of you may know Dennis and Maryrose kreuzenstein
here inHavasu. Well last week they along with some friends took a tour of the pumping station between Black
Meadows and the Springs and while there they were told
that this summer they intend to close down the aquaduct
or whatever they call it for 3 months to clean it out trying to kill this quagma mussel thing. I guess it's a serious
problem that will have to be dealt with. The guys giving
the tour where they pump the water up the hill etc are very concerned about it.
Keith Sayre

HocusPocus
03-12-2007, 08:57 AM
we keep our water toys at havi also... wonder if they are going to set up a different traffic lines for those who are not towing boats?

Jyruiz
03-12-2007, 09:04 AM
we keep our water toys at havi also... wonder if they are going to set up a different traffic lines for those who are not towing boats?
Thats what I am hoping for, with the price of gas though, the lines might not get that long anyway.:D

HammerDown
03-12-2007, 12:36 PM
...He said, that if they do have muscles aboard they will have to pull over and be steam cleaned.
:
Yummy...Steam cleaned Muscles.
Can I get that in a Garlic sauce? :D

Havasu_Dreamin
03-12-2007, 12:43 PM
One would think just as they have separate lines for the semi trucks. If you're really that concerned about the back up there are ways to get around that inspection station.....

dumbandyoung
03-12-2007, 01:20 PM
We decided it was too cool still at Lake Mead, so we took the boat down to Havi. We didn't even drop it in the water because it was so fricken windy (still had a great time though)
On the way back through Cali they did a Muscle check. I told the guy we were going back Vegas, and didn't even put it in the water and he said it didn't matter. He looked at our boat for about 25 seconds(which looks like a piece of polished glass anyways) said it looks clean, handed us a Quagga Muscle info sheet and moved us on. He said, that if they do have muscles aboard they will have to pull over and be steam cleaned.
Man, is there going to be some back ups at that check station or what? I will probably leave the boat down there more often now.
My question is, what dirty ass Cali lakes are they trying to protect? LOL:devil:
Were are on the 40 were you stopped at? Do you know if they are running these stops 24-7. I usaully leave to head up on thursdays after 8 or 9pm. So i would be traveling at night.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Were are on the 40 were you stopped at? Do you know if they are running these stops 24-7. I usaully leave to head up on thursdays after 8 or 9pm. So i would be traveling at night.
At the Agriculture Inspection Station on the W/B 40 just East of Needles.....Stopping only Westbound traffic.....

Mrs.Racer277
03-12-2007, 01:23 PM
24-7
I hope they make a boat lane

Havasu1986
03-12-2007, 01:23 PM
How are they checking the boats that are on the other side of the check point, but were on the river or Lake Mojave.:confused:

Havasu_Dreamin
03-12-2007, 01:25 PM
How are they checking the boats that are on the other side of the check point, but were on the river or Lake Mojave.:confused:
That would be the Eastbound side and CA would not be concerned about that as they are boats leaving the state.....

FreshTracks
03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I posted this last week, didn't appear to get many looks. People need to wake up and pay attention, or we will have a major problem down the road.
Please take the time to read this...
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/quaggamussel/

Havasu1986
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
That would be the Eastbound side and CA would not be concerned about that as they are boats leaving the state.....
I meant the boats that get on at River Rd. and some of the other streets that are west of the check point and heading west.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-12-2007, 01:34 PM
I meant the boats that get on at River Rd. and some of the other streets that are west of the check point and heading west.
Good question.....There is no way they will be checking at every 'entry' point.....

dumbandyoung
03-12-2007, 03:38 PM
At the Agriculture Inspection Station on the W/B 40 just East of Needles.....Stopping only Westbound traffic.....
I exit Broadway. So is that east or west of broadway???
I tried looking on a map...but...??

Havasu1986
03-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I exit Broadway. So is that east or west of broadway???
I tried looking on a map...but...??
Your ok. Broadway is west of the inspection stop.

dumbandyoung
03-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Your ok. Broadway is west of the inspection stop.
Bitchin! ;)

WYRD
03-12-2007, 04:08 PM
He said, that if they do have muscles aboard they will have to pull over and be steam cleaned.
LOL:devil:
FREE boat detailing:D :D

riverroyal
03-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Some of you may know Dennis and Maryrose kreuzenstein
here inHavasu. Well last week they along with some friends took a tour of the pumping station between Black
Meadows and the Springs and while there they were told
that this summer they intend to close down the aquaduct
or whatever they call it for 3 months to clean it out trying to kill this quagma mussel thing. I guess it's a serious
problem that will have to be dealt with. The guys giving
the tour where they pump the water up the hill etc are very concerned about it.
Keith Sayre
it doesnt sound good.

Kilrtoy
03-12-2007, 09:34 PM
They just wanted a closer look at your wife, cant blame them:D

MR.rvrluvr
03-13-2007, 07:19 AM
ELSINORE:D :D :D

azwetnwild
03-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Not sure if they will honor it but here is a site that will give you a certificate that your up to date on the muscle problem. Might speed up inspections for those that have it. www.100thmeridian.org

dumbandyoung
03-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Salton Sea???
ELSINORE:D :D :D
haha.. watch out I offended some guy talking shit about our precious clean clear lake elisonre last week....:D

Captain Dan
03-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Salton Sea???
haha.. watch out I offended some guy talking shit about our precious clean clear lake elisonre last week....:D
Last time I checked a map, Havasu is a California Lake. :)