PDA

View Full Version : Sold the Porsche

CBadDad
03-12-2007, 09:40 AM
I got an offer for my P-Car that was too good to refuse from a collector so I let her go. It was the right thing to do for many reasons.
1, She was the last year of the air cooled engines and I was only using it as a weekend driver.
2, Having three kids there wasn't enough room for everybody. Those back seats are small!
3, I made about $5K on the deal after two years and almost 10K miles. Who says buying a car is a bad investment?
So anyways, I've upgraded my avatar accordingly.

Jyruiz
03-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Congrats.

phebus
03-12-2007, 09:47 AM
So, what toy are you going to roll the money into? You know if you don't, the money will never be there again. Such is family life....................:idea:

CBadDad
03-12-2007, 09:55 AM
So, what toy are you going to roll the money into? You know if you don't, the money will never be there again. Such is family life....................:idea:
Ain't that the truth.
I'm putting myself into a position for buying a house (boring). So most of it will be stashed into a savings account with the rest of my proceeds from the divorce (which was finalized in Nov '04). I've been patiently waiting, although it looks like I'm gonna sit on the fence until this time next year unless I run across a smokin' deal.
In the mean time, I have already booked a couple of long weekends at the River.
I am also looking into a motorcycle. Been selling off all of the desert toys because the kids are too busy with their lives/sports to get away, but I still want/need to ride. Not too mention my passion for speed.

SHOTKALLIN
03-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Ain't that the truth.
I'm putting myself into a position for buying a house (boring). So most of it will be stashed into a savings account with the rest of my proceeds from the divorce (which was finalized in Nov '04). I've been patiently waiting, although it looks like I'm gonna sit on the fence until this time next year unless I run across a smokin' deal.
In the mean time, I have already booked a couple of long weekends at the River.
I am also looking into a motorcycle. Been selling off all of the desert toys because the kids are too busy with their lives/sports to get away, but I still want/need to ride. Not too mention my passion for speed.
where do you want to buy?

WYRD
03-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I got an offer for my P-Car that was too good to refuse from a collector so I let her go. It was the right thing to do for many reasons.
1, She was the last year of the air cooled engines and I was only using it as a weekend driver.
2, Having three kids there wasn't enough room for everybody. Those back seats are small!
3, I made about $5K on the deal after two years and almost 10K miles. Who says buying a car is a bad investment?
So your saying items in your avatar are for sale:eek: :idea: :D
Congrats on the sale:)

Focker
03-12-2007, 11:12 AM
NICE LOOKING CAR

CBadDad
03-12-2007, 11:34 AM
where do you want to buy?
Gotta stay in Carlsbad because of the kids, which is tuff to do on a firemans salary.
So your saying items in your avatar are for sale:eek: :idea: :D
Not anymore...

Dan Lorenze
03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
My father in-law has the same year car but in a funky blue color. He loves it... He says there's a nickname for that year, basket handle or something like that...

CBadDad
03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
My father in-law has the same year car but in a funky blue color. He loves it... He says there's a nickname for that year, basket handle or something like that...
Ya, there's a little light bar that runs over the rear spoiler.
I'll miss that car, but it was only a car. Besides, the only way to drive that thing correctly is on a track. Hopefully one day I'll have another, only a convertable with Tiptronic transmission for dinner dates and beach cruises.

Ziggy
03-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Nice move Brett.........you made the right financial decision.
Like the new avi too ;0:D

cc322
03-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Congrats Brett, I really liked that car. Good luck in Carlsbad it's a great town, parents, have a place down there off Palamar airport road up from Hadleys, use to spend alot of time surfing at Encinats or cb stae beach, and oceanside. Keep your eyes open something will pop up.

shockwaveharry
03-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I'll miss that car, but it was only a car.
I'm moving on another piece pf property too and I really should sell my Vette... But I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it! I've tried telling myself that it's just a car and I'll get another one later but it's so hard!!! You're a strong man, CBD!

ROZ
03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't get it....p-car to a bike? Think the kids will be comfortable on that? :D
Hopefully looking for a 71-73 with 3.3t drivetrain :D

wsuwrhr
03-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Bummer on the sale. You gotta do what you gotta do.
Someday I will own one of my own.

CBadDad
03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm moving on another piece pf property too and I really should sell my Vette... But I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it! I've tried telling myself that it's just a car and I'll get another one later but it's so hard!!! You're a strong man, CBD!
I don't know if I'm strong, just realistic. Besides, the GF has a Vette. :D

All-Star
03-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Congrats on making a profit......
Congrats on the awesome Avatar.....
Or should I say Girlie?
You will get a house!!!! Be positive...You get what you focus on!
And what about Vista????? I might have a friend that could work out a deal to sell with NO Realtors and give you a deal.....??? :rolleyes:
I was thinking about Buying it myself... But I will share if that is a good enough City...????? I am not ready to get another house right now, even though the timing should be good.

SummitKarl
03-14-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't know if I'm strong, just realistic. Besides, the GF has a Vette. :D
If it were me........I would be getting a Mustang, just to keep life interesting in the house;) :D

Pismo
03-15-2007, 05:19 AM
What year and model was it?

CBadDad
03-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Congrats on making a profit......
Congrats on the awesome Avatar.....
Or should I say Girlie?
You will get a house!!!! Be positive...You get what you focus on!
And what about Vista????? I might have a friend that could work out a deal to sell with NO Realtors and give you a deal.....??? :rolleyes:
I was thinking about Buying it myself... But I will share if that is a good enough City...????? I am not ready to get another house right now, even though the timing should be good.
I like Vista. I could get twice the house for what I'll find here in CBad and without all of the overcast mornings. Unfortunately for me, I have 50/50 custody of the kids, so I have to stay close to their school. On a positive note, I made a good profit on my house after ten years of ownership here and once this bubble burst, I'll do it all again. No complaints here.
Thanks for the offer though, especially after I hounded your ass a few months back. :)
What year and model was it?
It was a '97 993 C2 Coupe. That was the last year Porsche made that model and is in high demand by the weekend racers. "98 was the last year of the air cooled Porsche, but all of those were C2S's and you'll have to pay a pretty penny if you want/have to have one of those.

ChumpChange
03-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Hopefully one day I'll have another, only a convertable with Tiptronic transmission for dinner dates and beach cruises.
I'm selling mine! :D Not a 911 but a 2006 Boxter S with just under 15,000 miles on it. Black on Black. Every option. Automatic with the Tiptronic.

CBadDad
03-19-2007, 07:58 AM
I won't fit in a Boxter. :D
Besides, I just bought a bike.

BiggusJimbus
03-19-2007, 08:56 AM
The 993s were the best lookin' Porsche's in the last 30 years.
Too bad you had to let it go.

BiggusJimbus
03-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Wow...
I'm going to hit 500 posts in less than 4 years.
I am a post W H O R E.
Jimbus.