PDA

View Full Version : this weekend..........

squirt'nmyload
03-12-2007, 01:54 PM
my vote is for apache or roosevelt....possible campout???......who's comin with me:D :D

67weimann
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm down for either. I WILL be camping though. Just remind me to bring enough beer and cigs...:D :D
I'm almost willing to leave Fri after work and stay 'till Sun...we'll see... but definately in for the trip...:devil:

squirt'nmyload
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
cool....lets figure it out:)

460 jus getn it
03-12-2007, 02:37 PM
You guys suck........................LMAO, its still early

squirt'nmyload
03-12-2007, 02:44 PM
You guys suck........................LMAO, its still early
Whats else is left to do......timm was workin on your shit sunday:)

460 jus getn it
03-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Whats else is left to do......timm was workin on your shit sunday:)That and ummmmm that. Once i get the intake back its down hill from there. Get the boat back together and do some testing to see what hardware works...Mark my word, 3 weeks.

79centurion
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I will try. My diverter cable broke sunday afternoon, so I have to replace it. Either that or replace the dist. in the day cruiser so I can take that out.
Dan

AzMandella
03-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Still won't be able to hit the water for another few weeks.Apache is the sheeeet.I've been going there since I was a kid with my dad and his v-drive.We usually do about 3 to 4 trips of 4 days or more each year.The best place to camp is Waterdog but the primative side of Burnt Corral is also excelent.

boatgonewild
03-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Never been to Apache, but everybody tells me its the best of the best.
Im down for Apache........:) :)

squirt'nmyload
03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
.Mark my word, 3 weeks.
you said that 1 week ago so it should be ready in 2 weeks:hammer2: :hammer2: :D

460 jus getn it
03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
you said that 1 week ago so it should be ready in 2 weeks:hammer2: :hammer2: :D
3 weeks from when i dropped off the intake..............:D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
03-12-2007, 05:12 PM
3 weeks from when i dropped off the intake..............:D :D :D
see you at the lake march 31st:D

67weimann
03-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Alright, Apache it is. Get there early Sat morn and stay the night...:D
Dude, guess who just talked to that guy with the headers?

squirt'nmyload
03-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Dude, guess who just talked to that guy with the headers?
:jawdrop: not me so i'm gonna guess it was you:D

67weimann
03-12-2007, 06:13 PM
:d :d

Some Kind Of Monster
03-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm there.. Fish Creek Hill jet boat escapade!

460 jus getn it
03-12-2007, 07:43 PM
see you at the lake march 31st:D:D :D :D :D Ok 3 weeks

67weimann
03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
So are we gonna meet up Sat morn and roll out together...

squirt'nmyload
03-13-2007, 08:13 PM
So are we gonna meet up Sat morn and roll out together...
although i'd prefer to go friday night to saturday, it looks like it's gonna be sat - sun..............................i'm gonna fuk with the diverter AGAIN tomorrow:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

79centurion
03-13-2007, 08:23 PM
That makes two of us with diverter problem. Well actually both my boats have diverter problems. The daycruiser had the hydraulic pump quite working again, and the picklefork has a broken cable.
Dan

squirt'nmyload
03-13-2007, 08:35 PM
That makes two of us with diverter problem. Well actually both my boats have diverter problems. The daycruiser had the hydraulic pump quite working again, and the picklefork has a broken cable.
Dan
that sucks..........i'm ready to say screw it and just take the damn thing off:mad: :mad: :mad:

Some Kind Of Monster
03-13-2007, 08:36 PM
that sucks..........i'm ready to say screw it and just take the damn thing off:mad: :mad: :mad:
Worst case scenerio, we'll fix it at the lake..
Yeah let's meet up and roll out together.. Sat morning

460 jus getn it
03-13-2007, 08:45 PM
although i'd prefer to go friday night to saturday, it looks like it's gonna be sat - sun..............................i'm gonna fuk with the diverter AGAIN tomorrow:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:Lmao, all the more reason to have a HANDLE............................................ ...............................

squirt'nmyload
Worst case scenerio, we'll fix it at the lake..
Yeah let's meet up and roll out together.. Sat morning
sounds good......i'd like to get a volt meter on it to maybe see whats happening while i'm running it since thats when it won't go up:)

460 jus getn it
Again, ditch the hyd:D :D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
03-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Lmao, al the more reason to have a HANDLE............................................ ...............................
i already have 2 handles that i'm tryin to get rid of before summer:D :D

Some Kind Of Monster
03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
You will like the hyd when you get it dialed in. I am planning on doing some test and tune over the weekend so I am going to bring all my crap and test equipment. We'll get it taken care of ;-) Come on out Ty, plenty of room for rides :-)

Keithb87
03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/medium/1217s_the_truck2.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/medium/1217s_the_truck1.jpg
Remember to check those hitch pins. This happened last year on the way to Apache Lake.

67weimann
03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
We're here to help Brian... We'll get it figured out...:D

67weimann
03-13-2007, 08:59 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/medium/1217s_the_truck2.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/medium/1217s_the_truck1.jpg
Remember to check those hitch pins. This happened last year on the way to Apache Lake.
Ouch, safety chain break too? how bad was the damage?

Some Kind Of Monster
03-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Hmmm, How's it goin Keith? Been awhile..

Keithb87
03-13-2007, 09:01 PM
The pin came out and the safety chains broke as well. Most of the damage was to the trailer. there was a couple of gouges on the right side of the bow. All in all we were very lucky.

squirt'nmyload
03-13-2007, 09:01 PM
You will like the hyd when you get it dialed in. I am planning on doing some test and tune over the weekend so I am going to bring all my crap and test equipment. We'll get it taken care of ;-) Come on out Ty, plenty of room for rides :-)
We're here to help Brian... We'll get it figured out...:D
thanks guys!!!!:) :) ............ty let us know so we know how many extra 40's to bring:D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
03-13-2007, 09:03 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Keithb87
03-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Hmmm, How's it goin Keith? Been awhile..
Going ok considering. The company I worked for for 6 + years closed their doors. Having a bit of trouble finding work at what I was making. But I have some things in the works.
supposed to pull the motor in the boat next weekend and get it back to the lake. Should have been working on it during the cooler weather but I do not know how to work on the boat unless it's 100 in the shade.
I'll figure it out someday. :D

67weimann
03-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I think your timing needs tweeked to Brian. I noticed a "miss" last weekend at Pleasant. We may want to fatten up your jets too. I have extra jets that we can play with to get right...

squirt'nmyload
03-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I think your timing needs tweeked to Brian. I noticed a "miss" last weekend at Pleasant. We may want to fatten up your jets too. I have extra jets that we can play with to get right...
alright alright.....i guess a tuning weekend was bound to happen for me sooner or later:D :D

67weimann
03-13-2007, 09:10 PM
alright alright.....i guess a tuning weekend was bound to happen for me sooner or later:D :D
well, unless you want that Ford to break and have a Chevy tow you back to the trailer...:D

squirt'nmyload
03-13-2007, 09:13 PM
well, unless you want that Ford to break and have a Chevy tow you back to the trailer...:D
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

67weimann
03-13-2007, 09:14 PM
I didn't think so...:D

Some Kind Of Monster
03-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I caught that too, but I noticed that it seemed to go away when we replaced the power valve. I'll bring a timing light and we'll double check it. Apache will be perfect!

Some Kind Of Monster
03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Going ok considering. The company I worked for for 6 + years closed their doors. Having a bit of trouble finding work at what I was making. But I have some things in the works.
supposed to pull the motor in the boat next weekend and get it back to the lake. Should have been working on it during the cooler weather but I do not know how to work on the boat unless it's 100 in the shade.
I'll figure it out someday. :D
Starting a new job Monday myself. Good luck to you. Post up pics of your boat progress.

squirt'nmyload
03-14-2007, 02:30 PM
I caught that too, but I noticed that it seemed to go away when we replaced the power valve. I'll bring a timing light and we'll double check it. Apache will be perfect!
sounds good:)

460 jus getn it
03-14-2007, 02:45 PM
lmao, you guys are a riot. First off, i dont ride. If it aint my boat i aint going. Second, with all the trouble brian is having with that hyd diverter, one would think he would convert. Guess he like playing search and find the problem:D

squirt'nmyload
03-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Guess he like playing search and find the problem:D
no i don't....not my m.o...........i'm a fan of the just gas it and go:D .....the fukker worked perfect for months when i got the boat.
i know i've said it before but this will be the last chance for the thing:D

squirt'nmyload
03-14-2007, 03:05 PM
one would think he would convert
:eek: no thanks buddy.........:D

GUGS102
03-14-2007, 03:28 PM
make sure there is water back in there, I was there a month a go and the ramps were 250' out of the water.

squirt'nmyload
03-14-2007, 03:51 PM
make sure there is water back in there, I was there a month a go and the ramps were 250' out of the water.
Boat ramp depths (in feet) (water at end of ramp) Back to top
Roosevelt Lake
Badger 70
Bobcat -5
Cholla 62
Coyote 6
Grapevine 21
Indian Point 10
Marina 4 Lane 26
Marina Dogleg 46
Ringtail 39
Schoolhouse 6
Apache Lake
Burnt Corral 11
Marina Central 5
Marina Main 10
Canyon Lake
Canyon Marina 22
Laguna 9
Ramp 1 19
Ramp 2 9
Saguaro Lake
Ramps 1 and 2 10
Horseshoe Lake
Horseshoe -33
Bartlett Lake
Bartlett -1
Jojoba -1
Yellow Cliffs -6

Classic Daycruiser
03-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm not going to make it this weekend. The road to Apache is to hard on my boat and trailer (and it sounds like a "bring all your tools and tune" outting:mad: :mad: :mad: ):D :D :D
I'm going to stay home and work on the airplane:jawdrop:

Classic Daycruiser
03-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I see your using the link:D
Roosevelt Lake
Badger 70
Bobcat -5
Cholla 62
Coyote 6
Grapevine 21
Indian Point 10
Marina 4 Lane 26
Marina Dogleg 46
Ringtail 39
Schoolhouse 6
Apache Lake
Burnt Corral 11
Marina Central 5
Marina Main 10
Canyon Lake
Canyon Marina 22
Laguna 9
Ramp 1 19
Ramp 2 9
Saguaro Lake
Ramps 1 and 2 10
Horseshoe Lake
Horseshoe -33
Bartlett Lake
Bartlett -1
Jojoba -1
Yellow Cliffs -6

Some Kind Of Monster
03-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm not going to make it this weekend. The road to Apache is to hard on my boat and trailer (and it sounds like a "bring all your tools and tune" outting:mad: :mad: :mad: ):D :D :D
I'm going to stay home and work on the airplane:jawdrop:
Naaa. Just bring some tools.. Most won't fit in the truck.. :D

cave
03-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I have the Hydraulic Diverter and love it when its working and hate it when its not. The Place diverter needs a constant 12 Volts to operate. If its below that the pump takes a dump. If you have a remote thumb activator with buttons you need to check the diode. Those things don't seam to last. Rex has a deal that eliminates the diode. Kinda pricey but its a boat thingy. I have the toggle switch type and like i said when it works its bad ass. I had one on my Biesemeyer and have had one since. They Suck when they don't work but so do the cable activated diverters.
You can also tapped the solenoids to break the piston loose inside. Don't beat it tap it. I really like mine. I hope it works when its time to roll out the boat...

squirt'nmyload
03-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I have the Hydraulic Diverter and love it when its working and hate it when its not. The Place diverter needs a constant 12 Volts to operate. If its below that the pump takes a dump. If you have a remote thumb activator with buttons you need to check the diode. Those things don't seam to last. Rex has a deal that eliminates the diode. Kinda pricey but its a boat thingy. I have the toggle switch type and like i said when it works its bad ass. I had one on my Biesemeyer and have had one since. They Suck when they don't work but so do the cable activated diverters.
You can also tapped the solenoids to break the piston loose inside. Don't beat it tap it. I really like mine. I hope it works when its time to roll out the boat...
same here...i love it when it works.......i think i might need a new ram??...it seems like it has plenty of power.... but if i put weight on the diverter it won't go up...i can literally push it back down while the motor is running

Red Lickin
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
hey brian you more than welcome man. i'm glad i could help. still need to take plug reading thow, just to see everything going right. frank

Red Lickin
03-14-2007, 07:26 PM
don't listen to them brain fords are just as good as cheby's

cave
03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
squirt'nmyload, I'm sure you have checked this but just in case, are all your lines fit & tight? Any leaks? Its rare for the ram to go bad. The pump is usually the problem. If there is a leak or not enough fluid on the opposite side of the ram you will be able to move it.
This is what happen to me last summer. I had a pin hole in the plastic line. I couldn't find the leak because the fluid shot into the bilge area and mixed with the water from my wet headers. From there it would get pumped out by my auto bilge pump. I finally found it when I hit a couple of rollers and the fluid hit the header. I would never of found it if not for that roller. I could do the same thing with the diverter (move the ram down but not up). After replacing the line and allowing the pump to prime I couldn't move the diverter if I added a fulcrum
Bennett Marine replaced mine 3 times. I'm on my own the next go round.

squirt'nmyload
03-14-2007, 08:07 PM
squirt'nmyload, I'm sure you have checked this but just in case, are all your lines fit & tight? Any leaks? Its rare for the ram to go bad. The pump is usually the problem. If there is a leak or not enough fluid on the opposite side of the ram you will be able to move it.
This is what happen to me last summer. I had a pin hole in the plastic line. I couldn't find the leak because the fluid shot into the bilge area and mixed with the water from my wet headers. From there it would get pumped out by my auto bilge pump. I finally found it when I hit a couple of rollers and the fluid hit the header. I would never of found it if not for that roller. I could do the same thing with the diverter (move the ram down but not up). After replacing the line and allowing the pump to prime I couldn't move the diverter if I added a fulcrum
Bennett Marine replaced mine 3 times. I'm on my own the next go round.
well.....i just went back out in the garage and saw that i had a puddle of fluid under the pump.......all the fittings for the hoses were tight but there was 2 screws below where the hoses go in that were loose.....i tightened them and now the diverter moves up while i put pressure on it....i think that did it.......shout out to erin, since she got off the elliptical to come out to the garage to help me:D:D

squirt'nmyload
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
hey brian you more than welcome man. i'm glad i could help. still need to take plug reading thow, just to see everything going right. frank
no doubt....i'm gonna have a tuning day this weekend:)

AzMandella
03-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I couldn't find the leak because the fluid shot into the bilge area and mixed with the water from my wet headers.
why would you have water in the bilge area from your wet headers?If you have water coming out of the weep holes while running you are most likely getting water in your engine.:jawdrop: You should adjust them till there is no water coming out of the weepholes at an idle or while running.

GUGS102
03-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Roosevelt Lake
Badger 70
Bobcat -5
Cholla 62
Coyote 6
Grapevine 21
Indian Point 10
Marina 4 Lane 26
Marina Dogleg 46
Ringtail 39
Schoolhouse 6
Apache Lake
Burnt Corral 11
Marina Central 5
Marina Main 10
11 feet deep at burnt corral is a hell of a lot better than when I was there, Have fun. If you guys camp at the first spot on the road after the dam(where the island is) you should be able to launch and the camping there is good too.
I'll miss this trip with you guys, but I guarantee you that you'll be back after you go there. And when you do I'll go too. We have a trailer at roosevelt which makes it nice. To me that spot roosevelt/apache is the best combination of water and scenery.
Have fun, be safe.
Gugs

squirt'nmyload
03-14-2007, 08:25 PM
11 feet deep at burnt corral is a hell of a lot better than when I was there, Have fun. If you guys camp at the first spot on the road after the dam(where the island is) you should be able to launch and the camping there is good too.
I'll miss this trip with you guys, but I guarantee you that you'll be back after you go there. And when you do I'll go too. We have a trailer at roosevelt which makes it nice. To me that spot roosevelt/apache is the best combination of water and scenery.
Have fun, be safe.
Gugs
you too!!.................i've never been out there before so i'm looking foward to it:)

AzMandella
03-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Have fun, be safe.
Gugs
The water level was down at Apache because they were working on the Horse Mesa Dam.they started letting water out in Oct.Now that it is done they are back up to about 95%.That first cove down is Three Mile Cove.If they all come from the Canyon Lake side it's a long haul to the cove.If I were to come in from Canyon I would go to Crabtree(just west of the marina you turn in at the marina turn off and when you get to the bottom it's to the left) or Waterdog which is the next left you can make after the marina if coming from the west end of the lake.I think its about 3mi after the marina.You will see a stop sign for the road that turns off the main road and some dumpsters.You go down the road slowly(it's narrow and you come to a hairpin turn where the pay station is(or was)just before you get to the bottom.It looks a little scarry but trust me I take my Camper and boat down it no problem and my friend takes his 32' toyhauler down there also.It used to be the old millitary vacation spot.Great cove with lots of shaded camping area along the west part of the canyon.Deffinately my favorite spot.I've been going to Apache since I was in my mama's belly.I've probably been there 150 to 200 times and know the lake like the back of my hand.If you guy's go make sure you go to Burnt corral an hour or so before sunset.If there are more jets and v-drives there they will show up for Happy Hour.Happy Hour being drag races.At times we have had 30 to 50 boats out there taking turns running eachother.

AzMandella
03-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Sheeeet! Now you guy's got me pounding down some vodka.:eek: Wish like hell I could meet all you guys up there this weekend.:cry: Oh well I'll be setting up a 4 or 5 day trip up there soon and maybe you guys can come up for the weekend if not earlier.I usually head out Wed. afternoon and head back Sun. afternoon.

squirt'nmyload
03-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Sheeeet! Now you guy's got me pounding down some vodka.:eek: Wish like hell I could meet all you guys up there this weekend.:cry: Oh well I'll be setting up a 4 or 5 day trip up there soon and maybe you guys can come up for the weekend if not earlier.I usually head out Wed. afternoon and head back Sun. afternoon.
LMAO.........be sure to let us know when....i'm in:)

cruser
03-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Squirtn,
I was going to volunteer to come help you fix that diverter since you are in Mesa and I am in Gilbert but, I see you got it handled.
I just arrived in Phoenix and need to find out about the local lakes. Still got to finish up a couple things on the boat before I take it out. Planning to get most of it done this weekend if I can adjust to this heat. If you or anyone else sees the boat in my avatar, stop by for a beverage. I will try to have a few "extra".

squirt'nmyload
03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Squirtn,
I was going to volunteer to come help you fix that diverter since you are in Mesa and I am in Gilbert but, I see you got it handled.
I just arrived in Phoenix and need to find out about the local lakes. Still got to finish up a couple things on the boat before I take it out. Planning to get most of it done this weekend if I can adjust to this heat. If you or anyone else sees the boat in my avatar, stop by for a beverage. I will try to have a few "extra".
hey thanks, but i think it's all good.......you picked a hell of a time to get here!!!!....it's usually not this hot this early......any questions you may have about any of the lakes, just call me......480.244.7126......or you can just meet up with anyone of us when your ready and head out!!.......brian

GUGS102
03-15-2007, 05:42 AM
The water level was down at Apache because they were working on the Horse Mesa Dam.they started letting water out in Oct.Now that it is done they are back up to about 95%.That first cove down is Three Mile Cove.If they all come from the Canyon Lake side it's a long haul to the cove.If I were to come in from Canyon I would go to Crabtree(just west of the marina you turn in at the marina turn off and when you get to the bottom it's to the left) or Waterdog which is the next left you can make after the marina if coming from the west end of the lake.I think its about 3mi after the marina.You will see a stop sign for the road that turns off the main road and some dumpsters.You go down the road slowly(it's narrow and you come to a hairpin turn where the pay station is(or was)just before you get to the bottom.It looks a little scarry but trust me I take my Camper and boat down it no problem and my friend takes his 32' toyhauler down there also.It used to be the old millitary vacation spot.Great cove with lots of shaded camping area along the west part of the canyon.Deffinately my favorite spot.I've been going to Apache since I was in my mama's belly.I've probably been there 150 to 200 times and know the lake like the back of my hand.If you guy's go make sure you go to Burnt corral an hour or so before sunset.If there are more jets and v-drives there they will show up for Happy Hour.Happy Hour being drag races.At times we have had 30 to 50 boats out there taking turns running eachother.
I did not think about coming the other way. It takes the same amount of time from Canyon to roosevelt dam on apache trail as it does for me to get from 91AVE and Pinnacle Peak to roosevelt dam. I would definately not recomend it. I've done it with a boat in tow, if you line in AJ go ahead but anywhere else I recomend either the beeline of through globe for you eastsiders.
Gugs

79centurion
03-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I agree on going through globe, its just easier with a boat in tow. Looks like I am going to have to pass this time. I finally got my truck figured out I think, and I still have to order the cable for the boat. Next weekend I will see you guys.
Dan

67weimann
03-15-2007, 01:04 PM
don't listen to them brain fords are just as good as cheby's
If not better, I was just looking out for him so he doesn't have to get towed in....:D I noticed the miss after Frank changed the power valves.
I will probably have to pass on this weekend. I might have to work...:mad:

Pink Shocker
03-15-2007, 02:04 PM
I will probably have to pass on this weekend. I might have to work...:mad:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:cry: :cry: :cry: You don't have to work!

squirt'nmyload
03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
so....to get to apache you guys are saying not to take apache trail?????

Some Kind Of Monster
03-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, it's better to go the beeline route, but I like the Canyon route. It's, uh, more scenic :-) Don't back out on me Brian! Looks like it's just us!

squirt'nmyload
03-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah, it's better to go the beeline route, but I like the Canyon route. It's, uh, more scenic :-) Don't back out on me Brian! Looks like it's just us!
don't you worry, we are going:).....i'm goin to get a new tent tonight!!!!

squirt'nmyload
03-15-2007, 03:16 PM
it's gonna be nice not dealing with the pleasant or saguaro bullshit:)

Some Kind Of Monster
03-15-2007, 03:20 PM
don't you worry, we are going:).....i'm goin to get a new tent tonight!!!!
I'm going to try to find an e-z up.. We're going to need shade all summer!!! I have some boat upgrades that I want to test this weekend so I want some shade to work under. I just found out my timing light took a crud so I am going to try to pick up a new one too. I'm already packed. It's been a long time since I've been to Apache and I can't wait! I'm working some 14 hours Friday so I will be VERY ready for the weekend. I saw Vin-Dog earlier today. He was lookin for bearing buddies to get ready for Havasu. Be safe guys, and have fun!

Some Kind Of Monster
03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
It was 97 degrees on my way home from work. Tomorrow is my last day :D Can't wait to start my new job!! Here is the weather forecast..
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/ski/tenday/85201?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_ski

Bigern
03-15-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm going to try to find an e-z up.. We're going to need shade all summer!!! I have some boat upgrades that I want to test this weekend so I want some shade to work under. I just found out my timing light took a crud so I am going to try to pick up a new one too. I'm already packed. It's been a long time since I've been to Apache and I can't wait! I'm working some 14 hours Friday so I will be VERY ready for the weekend. I saw Vin-Dog earlier today. He was lookin for bearing buddies to get ready for Havasu. Be safe guys, and have fun!They are on sale at Big 5 79.99

squirt'nmyload
03-15-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm going to try to find an e-z up.. We're going to need shade all summer!!! I have some boat upgrades that I want to test this weekend so I want some shade to work under. I just found out my timing light took a crud so I am going to try to pick up a new one too. I'm already packed. It's been a long time since I've been to Apache and I can't wait! I'm working some 14 hours Friday so I will be VERY ready for the weekend. I saw Vin-Dog earlier today. He was lookin for bearing buddies to get ready for Havasu. Be safe guys, and have fun!
i have a easy up type thing but it has screened in sides n shit....i can bring it:)

Pink Shocker
03-15-2007, 03:30 PM
It was 97 degrees on my way home from work. Here is the weather forecast..
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/ski/tenday/85201?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_ski
Thank you Mr. Weatherman......:cool:

Pink Shocker
03-15-2007, 03:31 PM
They are on sale at Big 5 79.99
Hahaha Ernie! We will miss you this weekend! Have fun with all the babes!:)

cave
03-15-2007, 03:50 PM
why would you have water in the bilge area from your wet headers?If you have water coming out of the weep holes while running you are most likely getting water in your engine.:jawdrop: You should adjust them till there is no water coming out of the weepholes at an idle or while running.
Nope no water in the engine. I recently added inserts to reduce the flow into the headers. But even before this I didnt get water into the engine. My cam isn't that radical. Not that much scavenging going on. I also need to replace the packing on the pump shaft too. I'll get around to it. When I get on it I get to much water coming in from the pump shaft. Te weep holes do have a lot of water coming out of them but only when I'm running above 1800-2500 rpm one of those. Now that I have the slash guard off I'll replace them. Now off to the evening job.
Apache is one of the nicest lakes we have here. You all be safe.

Some Kind Of Monster
03-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Nope no water in the engine. I recently added inserts to reduce the flow into the headers. But even before this I didnt get water into the engine. My cam isn't that radical. Not that much scavenging going on. I also need to replace the packing on the pump shaft too. I'll get around to it. When I get on it I get to much water coming in from the pump shaft. Te weep holes do have a lot of water coming out of them but only when I'm running above 1800-2500 rpm one of those. Now that I have the slash guard off I'll replace them. Now off to the evening job.
Apache is one of the nicest lakes we have here. You all be safe.
You're water shouldn't come in until about 2000 RPM. That would reduce a lot of your water in the bilge.

squirt'nmyload
03-15-2007, 04:08 PM
on mine i get no water out of my weepholes(maybe a couple of drips)....i run a bassett t and the reducers also.....the only time i ever had it happen was when my t-valve was stuck open

Some Kind Of Monster
03-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I just run em dry until the coppers catch on like last weekend...

79centurion
03-15-2007, 05:18 PM
I run a shut off valve bolted to the stringer right in front of the seat so when I see a cop(like last weekend) I just turn the water on, and shut it off before I slow down. This way I can add a lot of water to quiet it down.
Dan

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 02:03 PM
so.....who is coming with us saturday........
just me and skom?????????
weimann, don't give me this work shit........lol
randy, you coming sunday???

Classic Daycruiser
03-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Just a heads up, Keep your schedule open March 31st at Bartlett. The ramp should have enough water to float a boat off the trailer:D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Just a heads up, Keep your schedule open March 31st at Bartlett. The ramp should have enough water to float a boat off the trailer:D :D :D
will do:)

460 jus getn it
03-16-2007, 02:46 PM
the cops saying stuff about noise down here now. The guys out east dont give a rats ass if you run um dry...What is this crap

460 jus getn it
03-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Interesting...................................:D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Interesting...................................:D :D :D
eeeheemmm, eeeheemmm:D :D

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 03:08 PM
the cops saying stuff about noise down here now. The guys out east dont give a rats ass if you run um dry...What is this crap
the ranger said the only time that they would check it would be if we were driving "wreckless" around anyone else on the lake(not to metion any names:D :D) or just plain being stupid since we should know better.

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 03:34 PM
looks like its gettin there!!!!!
Bartlett Lake
Bartlett -1
Jojoba -1
Yellow Cliffs -6

67weimann
03-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Who needs a stinkin' ramp... Just give me enough water to float the boat.:D
I so wish i could go but, focking work is killing me

460 jus getn it
03-16-2007, 04:47 PM
the ranger said the only time that they would check it would be if we were driving "wreckless" around anyone else on the lake(not to metion any names:D :D) or just plain being stupid since we should know better.
LMAO, gee i wonder who that was............................................... ............

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 07:46 PM
LMAO, gee i wonder who that was............................................... ............
coughskomcough:D :D

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 07:48 PM
hey billy, i got a bottle of captain for tomorrow night....i'm gonna try to top your performance from a couple weeks ago:D :D

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 07:48 PM
hey billy, i got a bottle of captain for tomorrow night....i'm gonna try to top your performance from a couple weeks ago:D :D

Some Kind Of Monster
03-16-2007, 07:59 PM
coughskomcough:D :D
What are you talking about? I only roosted ONE jet ski that trip. He deserved it too... Cut right across my bow while under way..

Some Kind Of Monster
03-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Hmm, I might have a spare bottle of some good stuff. Was I that far gone?? :D I've had better!

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 08:02 PM
What are you talking about? I only roosted ONE jet ski that trip. He deserved it too... Cut right across my bow while under way..
LMAO........them lice were the problem...not us...i loved how they would just do circles around us:mad:

Some Kind Of Monster
03-16-2007, 08:06 PM
LMAO........them lice were the problem...not us...i loved how they would just do circles around us:mad:
I was seriously waiting for that guy I roosted to come after me... Would have been fun!

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Hmm, I might have a spare bottle of some good stuff. Was I that far gone?? :D I've had better!
i think it was the cup:D :D
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/attachment-2-1.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/attachment-7.jpg
as long as i don't end up like miss shocker:D :devil:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/DSCF1255.jpg

Some Kind Of Monster
03-16-2007, 08:11 PM
There is soooo much going on in that picture... It's freakin hilarious!

squirt'nmyload
03-16-2007, 08:13 PM
There is soooo much going on in that picture... It's freakin hilarious!
its one of my favorites.....if you ain't doin nuthing now i'm gonna throw some line in the water here in a bit

67weimann
03-16-2007, 08:37 PM
So where you guys gonna camp? I may try to come out Sat night after work...or even try to make it out Sun. Not promising but, I'll try.

Some Kind Of Monster
03-16-2007, 09:31 PM
its one of my favorites.....if you ain't doin nuthing now i'm gonna throw some line in the water here in a bit
That sounds like fun.. I am soo beat after today. If I am going ot be worth anything tomorrow I need to get some sleep. Dunno why I am still up.

Some Kind Of Monster
03-16-2007, 09:32 PM
So where you guys gonna camp? I may try to come out Sat night after work...or even try to make it out Sun. Not promising but, I'll try.
Apache for sure.. Not sure where on the lake yet though. Shouldn't be hard to find us. It wouldn't be the same without ya!

Some Kind Of Monster
03-16-2007, 09:33 PM
As i was going over
The Kork and Kerry mountains
I saw Captain Farrell
And his money he was counting
I first produced my pistol
And then produced my rapier
I said "Stand and deliver
Or the devil he may take you"
I took all of his money
And it was a pretty penny
I took all of his money and
I brought it home to Molly
She swore that she'd love me
No Never would she leave me
But the devil take that woman
For you know she treat me easy
Mush a ring dum a doo dum a da
Whack for my daddy'o
Whack for my daddy'o, there's
Whisky in the jar, o
Being drunk and weary
I went to Molly's chamber
Taking my Molly with me
And i never knew the danger
For about six or maybe seven
In walked Captain Farrell
I jumped up, fired off my pistols
And i shot him with both barrels
Now some men like the fishing
And some men like fowling
And some men like to hear
The cannonballs are roaring
Me - I like sleeping
Specially in my Molly's chamber
But here i am in prison,
Here i am with a ball and chain, yeah

AzMandella
03-16-2007, 09:42 PM
If you guys don't know the lake very well head towards the Horse Mesa dam(towards canyon Lake) just before you get to the dam on your right side you will find Party Cove.It's one of the last coves before the dam.Gets pretty wild there quite often.Depends on how many people are at the lake on any given weekend.

67weimann
03-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Gathering stuff up right now. Gotta go get the boat and then I'm outta here... Anyone else decides to come, we'll be there. :D
I'll for sure check that spot out AZMandella...thanks for looking out for us...:D

sandwindersandcars
03-18-2007, 03:34 PM
saw someones white S10 tow rig getting towed up the dirt road with boat in tow by Apache, was this one of you guys? That roads gotta suck, especially getting towed, i drove up there to see if i could get my RV up there, did not like the road at all, the RV will definately have to be staying home.

AzMandella
03-18-2007, 04:24 PM
saw someones white S10 tow rig getting towed up the dirt road with boat in tow by Apache, was this one of you guys? That roads gotta suck, especially getting towed, i drove up there to see if i could get my RV up there, did not like the road at all, the RV will definately have to be staying home.
How big is your RV?I've seen some 38' get to Burnt Corral no problem.But ou have to come in on the Roosevelt side.My buddy that goes with us all the time pulls his 32' toyhauler in there with his F250 SD.So you could pull a boat behind a large RV no problem.

sandwindersandcars
03-18-2007, 04:56 PM
How big is your RV?I've seen some 38' get to Burnt Corral no problem.But ou have to come in on the Roosevelt side.My buddy that goes with us all the time pulls his 32' toyhauler in there with his F250 SD.So you could pull a boat behind a large RV no problem.
it is 35', i drove up to roosevelt on the highway, checked it out first, then drove down the dirt to apache,then down to canyon, then home.
the road from roosevelt is pretty nasty, i would be most worried about the swing out on the rear of the motorhome hitting one of the guardrails.
by the way, how did they get the big riverboat into Canyon Lake, or did they build it there, for anyone ho has not sen it, i think there are pics on the canyon lake marina website.

AzMandella
03-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Well like I said I've been going to Apache formy whole life(40 yrs) and I see people bringing in motorhomes that size even before they widened the road.when I was a kid we had a 32' Superior motorhome and we took it there all the time and that was before they widened it.Yeah the raod can get washboaded pretty bad some times but they grate the road once a week.You just can't drive 40 mph.Just take your time nice and alow.Hell I don't like to go too fast just to keep the dust down.Still worth it to go to the best lake in Az for jets and v-drives.I know no other lake that in the evenings everyone gathers to race.Other than the river that is.But nobody does anything like that at Saguaro,Canyon,Pleasant,or Roosevelt.apache has been known as the speedboat lake since the early 60's.

squirt'nmyload
03-18-2007, 07:43 PM
yes that was one of us...i was in the white yukon following them