PDA

View Full Version : Fockin Melanoma

AZKC
03-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Goin in tommorow am for surgery on a Clark Level 4, probably doing a sentinel node biopsy procedure also. Not fun but the Docs seem confident we caught it early. Wear those hats and sun screen boys and girl this shiat don't mess around. :devil: I've been going back and forth with this crap since 2002. Its getting pretty old. Me and Vicodin will be buddies for the next few days:D

BadKachina
03-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Sorry to hear about that, I worry about it all the time.

yopengo
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
That sucks. Best of luck and enjoy the meds. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
03-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Going to the Dermatologist for my first visit on Thursday.....kind of glad to be going but fearful of what he will say since being fair skinned and having more than a few sun burns as a kid.....

EAZYKILLER2006
03-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Goin in tommorow am for surgery on a Clark Level 4, probably doing a sentinel node biopsy procedure also. Not fun but the Docs seem confident we caught it early. Wear those hats and sun screen boys and girl this shiat don't mess around. :devil: I've been going back and forth with this crap since 2002. Its getting pretty old. Me and Vicodin will be buddies for the next few days:D
wow and to think i have been going to the tanning beds for the last 2 weeks...

Not So Fast
03-13-2007, 05:40 AM
Good Luck, I just had my first experience with this stuff after working outside my entire life and boating for many years. Had a little bump on my face that i thought was an ingrown hair !! Turned out to be Basel cell so the Doc up here cut it out and said it looked good when I went back for the 3 month check. I'm looking for a bigger hat and WILL WEAR SUNSCEEN FROM NOW ON, BELIEVE THAT!!!!!! NSF

AZJD
03-13-2007, 06:21 AM
Damn sorry to hear that Kevin......good luck buddy!

revndave
03-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Keep up on the check ups.My dad died of it last year.He was stage 4 Nov 05 and died June 06.He had something removed in 2002 on his back.His Doctor said if he only kept up with the check ups he would be alive.Good luck.

40FlatDeck
03-13-2007, 06:48 AM
Glad you caught it early Kev. Keep us posted. I guess this means you can ride up front in my boat now!:D

Mr. Crusader 83
03-13-2007, 07:58 AM
I have 2 melanoma spots removed off of my arm. Its not that bad. they numb it and cut it out. Both of mine had 3 stitches in them for a week. Then I went back and that was it. I did have to do all the test to make sure it didnt get to my limphnoids. (spelling) but all is fine now. they will do an xray and take blood.

Biglue
03-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Good luck AZKC. Hope all goes well for you.

Sleek-Jet
03-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Personally I think he's getting a moob reduction... :D
Hope all goes well Kevin... if you are coherant when you read this, I'll be giving you a call this afternoon to see how things went...

Jordy
03-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Personally I think he's getting a moob reduction... :D
Way too much info there Sleek. Why are you busy thinking about his moobs anyway??? :idea: :eek:
Hope everything goes well for ya Kevin. I think a celebratory Hooter's trip is in order when it's all said and done. :D

dirty old man
03-13-2007, 08:12 AM
I know a lot of boaters (my age) who have had to end their boating for this reason. Some of them didn't quite soon enough

seanv
03-13-2007, 08:15 AM
ok, now im gettin worried. i've always been an outdoors guy. no sun block etc etc. what does this look like?

dirty old man
03-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Mr. V, you're in the PHX area, there are plenty of people to ask. I know everyone of them will tell you to lather up on #50 or better

shockwaveharry
03-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Melanoma is something we should all be worried about but don't until it's too late... This should be a bit of a wake up call for everyone.
Good luck at the hospital today. Vikodin is great but while you're in the hospital and hooked up, tell 'em you want to try Dilaudid for the pain... That's the REAL good stuff! You'll want the IV to go for that one!

seanv
03-13-2007, 08:40 AM
i've got some new stuff i just chalked up to age. guess it's time for the skin doc to look me over:(

RitcheyRch
03-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Glad you caught it early. I get checked up all the time with the dermatologist. I guess it helps that my Sister is the office manager.

gramps
03-13-2007, 09:14 AM
ok, now im gettin worried. i've always been an outdoors guy. no sun block etc etc. what does this look like?
first thing to look for is any spot or mole (anywhere on your body, it doesn't have to be a sun exposed area) that is changing.
Second, any new "spots" or moles that have irregular shapes to them or jagged borders.
My wife went thru two Melanoma episodes in the past three years.........ain't fun.

Trailer Park Casanova
03-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Way too much info there Sleek. Why are you busy thinking about his moobs anyway??? :idea: :eek:
Hope everything goes well for ya Kevin. I think a celebratory Hooter's trip is in order when it's all said and done. :D
Yes, I second that.

RitcheyRch
03-13-2007, 09:39 AM
I was shocked when my doctor looked at the bottom of my feet. She said is pretty common for people to get melanoma there since most people dont put protection on their feet.

THOR
03-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Best of luck to you brother.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-13-2007, 12:23 PM
I'll be thinking of you today, Kevin. Keep us posted.

seanv
03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
kevin, hope the best for ya. thanks for posting this as i just made my apointment.

3 daytona`s
03-13-2007, 06:26 PM
wow and to think i have been going to the tanning beds for the last 2 weeks...
I have been in this process and while sitting in a dermotologist office recently,a gal sitting by me was so scared and had a little conversation she admitted lived in tanning beds. When she came out of the office before me she was in tears,and sat for a bit.I waited for her to want to discuss or not and finally a 30 year old good looking gal has a very bad future TANNING BEDS= disaster. Between sobs she said they told her they would be cutting hambuger like chunks out of her, You may wish to reconsider IMO.

purrfecttremor
03-13-2007, 07:16 PM
My wife had the same thing [level 4] removed from the small of her back 5 years ago and is fine today. She wears a hat when boating and riding her horse's and is now very careful.Good luck and keep us informed.

EAZYKILLER2006
03-13-2007, 07:28 PM
I have been in this process and while sitting in a dermotologist office recently,a gal sitting by me was so scared and had a little conversation she admitted lived in tanning beds. When she came out of the office before me she was in tears,and sat for a bit.I waited for her to want to discuss or not and finally a 30 year old good looking gal has a very bad future TANNING BEDS= disaster. Between sobs she said they told her they would be cutting hambuger like chunks out of her, You may wish to reconsider IMO.
yikes and i went again today to tan...i will go one more time tomorrow...and then thats it...and i just paid 300 $ for 1 year unlimmited tanning...boo...but just one more day... tomorrow... (because there is photo shots this weekend)...
all my friends who are white:( are darker than me:( dang :( and i am half mexican...i deserve to be a little darker...and i did spend the 300$...but OK no more after tanning after tomorrow...any one know if the tanning beds are better than the sun?...oh i heard the can spray a tan on ya...yea thats dumb tho...

work2play
03-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Good luck at the docs. I go in and have spots burned off every year or two. I'm a little uncomfortable having the doc look me over. But I hear that coffins are more uncomfortable. I understand that tanning beds aren't really any better that the sun. My doc explained it this way. Your skin is like a bucket. You can pour water in but once it's full the water will run over and it will do damage. Your skin can only absorb so much sun then it will do damage. Hats and sunblock.

EAZYKILLER2006
03-13-2007, 08:00 PM
yea well 3 daytona's avatar doesnt help ...ya cant give advide:( like dont tan..then have a chick :confused: with a nice tan, as the avatar...boo...well i am not going to tann any more...cus i drink to much...i can only doctor my self ...sooo much...i worrie about my liver enough:( with out having to think about my skin...WOW :D THIS IS THE FIRST ADVICE, I HAVE EVER LISTENED TO ....FROM THIS SITE...:D

MBlaster
03-13-2007, 08:20 PM
My wife has been cut on so many times I can't count em. Over a dozen for sure. She just got re-excised behind her left knee. Thankfully she see's the Derm every 3-4 months. Get this, she even had one cut out of her belly button. We would have never noticed it but she was ready to have one of the kids and her belly button had popped with the pregnancy. Thankfully that one didn't require a re-excision.
Keep a sharp eye on any skin changes folks. It might save your life.

AZKC
03-14-2007, 07:34 AM
I"m back:D Thanks everyone for the good vibes and well wishes. And for becoming more aware.:)
Procedure went pretty good, although the guy trying to tap me for my IV is lucky to be alive. After about 5 times he finally hit a vessel:mad:
They only had to pull out 1 lympth node under my right arm because the freeze biopsy came ok, and the main results should be back Friday to see whats next. Looks good though.
You know you'll still see me running around shirtless and in shorts sometimes, but I'm not going to deliberately stand out in the sun, if there is shade around look for me there.