PDA

View Full Version : Who here got in on the CA legal AR-15 lowers?

cdog
02-02-2006, 12:25 PM
I bought 4 of them. If you're intrested I can point you in the right direction to buy. Get'em before they're banned!!

NOTALENT
02-02-2006, 12:46 PM
I bought 4 of them. If you're intrested I can point you in the right direction to buy. Get'em before they're banned!!
Damn...you planning an assult??? lol... :crossx: What was the max magazine allowed, 10rnds??? What are they going for??

cdog
02-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Damn...you planning an assult??? lol... :crossx: What was the max magazine allowed, 10rnds??? What are they going for??
You would'nt have to stock pile them if they were always legal. Everyone in my family will be able to defend themselfs if SHTF! Know what I mean..If you build it right now, you have to add a non removable 10 round mag. Later it is said that they will be added to the banned list and you can add whatever round clip you want.
Right now they're aboout $250

YeLLowBoaT
02-02-2006, 12:49 PM
actually they have a fixed 10 round mag... you have to lock and load the 10 rounds....they are GAY better off going and buying a mini 14 and droping 2 k+ in it to make it shoot good.... I have shot some that have gone thru a complete overhaul. With compensators and all they have less kick then a .22 you can literally double tap in the same hole at 50 yds.

cdog
02-02-2006, 12:55 PM
actually they have a fixed 10 round mag... you have to lock and load the 10 rounds....they are GAY better off going and buying a mini 14 and droping 2 k+ in it to make it shoot good.... I have shot some that have gone thru a complete overhaul. With compensators and all they have less kick then a .22 you can literally double tap in the same hole at 50 yds.
If you need more than 10 rounds out of an AR then yer in big trouble anyways. The point is you can legally buy one for the first time since 2000.
The bare recievers don't come with a fixed mag. You add the bushmaster type mag and lock the mag release with a tool.

cdog
02-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Cdog, which ones did you get? Did you already get the uppers? All 5.56?
Rio
I bought 2 Lauers and 2 Ametech's. I built them with the rock river arms 2 stage trigger kits and the fixed 10 round mags. I also added the RRA 6 pos. stocks. They're simple to assemble. I built one of each so far and they both fit my BM carbine upper very well. I have on order a A4 carbine upper from rock river arms. I can't wait to hit the range. The CM gun show's on Sunday and then superbowl. Guess I have to wait untill next week.

NOTALENT
02-02-2006, 01:08 PM
I bought 2 Lauers and 2 Ametech's. I built them with the rock river arms 2 stage trigger kits and the fixed 10 round mags. I also added the RRA 6 pos. stocks. They're simple to assemble. I built one of each so far and they both fit my BM carbine upper very well. I have on order a A4 carbine upper from rock river arms. I can't wait to hit the range. The CM gun show's on Sunday and then superbowl. Guess I have to wait untill next week.
Where did you pick the guns up at??? for $250

cdog
02-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Where did you pick the guns up at??? for $250
Not the whole gun. Just the lower. I'll show you how to build them up and what to buy if you want.
http://www.coldwarshooters.com/index.html

pixilatedpussy
02-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I went with all Ameetecs. Still waiting for the mag kits to come in. I've got a few colt uppers in both 5.56 and 7.62 left over from before the ban and will be using one of the Ameetecs for a 9x25 Dillon shorty if I can get a fixed mag in 10mm. Readin the comments "over there", they think the ban is commin quickly.
Rio
Oh great an illiterate with a gun! :cry:

cdog
02-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I went with all Ameetecs. Still waiting for the mag kits to come in. I've got a few colt uppers in both 5.56 and 7.62 left over from before the ban and will be using one of the Ameetecs for a 9x25 Dillon shorty if I can get a fixed mag in 10mm. Readin the comments "over there", they think the ban is commin quickly.
Rio
Yep! You've been on Ar15.com and calguns.net I take it. They all seem to be good quality so far. Hector over at CWS knows his stuff.

pixilatedpussy
02-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Oh gawd ! Lock and load, she's stalking me! But just like most of the posts that come out of that crowd>>>>>>wrong again.
"Oh great an illiterate with a gun! "
Unless done on purpose, my spelling and grammer are impeccable so that blows your "illiterate" tag outta the water. and "a gun", I wouldn't bet your last dollar on it if I were you or you just might be out on the corner with your sign.
kiss, kiss, :yuk: :yuk:
Rio
I only stalk people I like! Feel lucky?????

PlyaPlya22
02-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh gawd ! Lock and load, she's stalking me! But just like most of the posts that come out of that crowd>>>>>>wrong again.
"Oh great an illiterate with a gun! "
Unless done on purpose, my spelling and grammer are impeccable so that blows your "illiterate" tag outta the water. and(never start a sentece with and) :D "a gun", I wouldn't bet your last dollar on it if(period needed) I were you or you just might be out on the corner with your sign.
kiss, kiss, :yuk: :yuk:
Rio
You could use some help on your grammar. :rollside:

Wake Havasu
02-02-2006, 01:53 PM
I did. I now have 8 Stag Lowers.
:)

cdog
02-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Really, there's no need for dragging people thru the mud here. This is'nt a spelling bee. Just a Boating forum.

pixilatedpussy
02-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Really, there's no need for dragging people thru the mud here. This is'nt a spelling bee. Just a Boating forum.
LOL! You are right! It was from another thread! Its an inside joke! :220v:

77charger
02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Havent bought one and for the price i'd pass it.I already have an armalite right now like the gun just a matter of time before new receivers get on the list.yoo much leagal drama to go through.
I also go to ar15.com and calguns.net not as much as i use to but still go there here and there.

J540
02-02-2006, 06:55 PM
I did, got a few back then. but would like another. are they complete lowers w/stock or ?.
Can you pm me the info, Thank you
John.

cdog
02-02-2006, 08:37 PM
I did, got a few back then. but would like another. are they complete lowers w/stock or ?.
John.
This guy is the best to go thru.Good luck.
http://www.coldwarshooters.com/index.html

STV_Keith
02-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Man, you guys are screwed over there. :(

LOWRIVER2
02-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Guess I'm lucky to have my M4's.
Yes Rio , you're of the right mind.
Like I always say, buy a house in Havi, get a temp. resident ID, buy all the assault guns you want, and leave them in Havi. No where to shoot in Ca. anymore anyways.
You can read between the lines as to where the gun "is".

LOWRIVER2
02-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Sure,
as long as I get to shoot them and you clean em/ lol.
Lots of my buddie's have bought in havi with the main reason to buy the assault guns, some don't even have boats, just large pools.

Focker
02-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Does My 1971 Colt Ar-15 Count?

73beast
02-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Oh great an illiterate with a gun! :cry:
Rio may be short,round and ugly. Blind in one eye,can't see out of the other and hard of hearing. But illiterate he's not.. :D :D :D

Ziggy
02-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm taking all you guys out with my Red Rider :crossx: :p :p :p :p :p

77charger
02-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Guess I'm lucky to have my M4's.
. No where to shoot in Ca. anymore anyways.
wrong there lowwater :rollside: .Actually some blm land is legal.I know calico area is.You need to check with the regional office for that area.As long as you can leagally own the weapon you are fine."it is registered per sb23"
Anymore i can help you with gary(been doing this to lowriver for a long time)hehehhe.
the informed citizen

STV_Keith
02-03-2006, 08:22 PM
You guys need more. Here's the current, unbuilt-up stock. :rollside:
http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/guns/receivers.jpg

LOWRIVER2
02-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes 77, you take the prize for most informed citizen on Ca. gun laws.
You're right , there is still plenty of places to shoot. I'm lucky, I just go to Eagles Nest for Metro guys up in Angeles crest and shoot all I want. I figure I might as well go to the river to shoot if I have to drive over 100 miles/lol.
I grew up shooting at Hodge road off the 15 before the OHV groups got scared and banned us. Remember Lytle Creek? Now that was the wild west at it's best, gangsters/rednecks, all shooting every which way. I took some richochet(sp) up there as a teen, crazy times.

77charger
02-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Remember Lytle Creek? Now that was the wild west at it's best, gangsters/rednecks, all shooting every which way. I took some richochet(sp) up there as a teen, crazy times.
Never shot there but did go to that place in san gabriel canyon about 15 years ago.cant remember the name but not burro canyon.old place was gangville too.
If i go to the range i go to angeles havent been in a while.We use to use eagles nest for some group shoots.Normally go to calico area,another off the 40 and another secret location.All good spots i just dont have the time to shoot as much as i use too probably a tad rusty but can pick it up real quick again.Just reloaded alot of .45 and some more nice match ammo for the AR15

pixilatedpussy
02-03-2006, 09:30 PM
John.
AHH Shiat..............not you too!