PDA

View Full Version : Remotes With Displays

2dasand
03-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Does anybody besides Clarion make a remote that has a display? I have a Hallett, and the head unit is mounted down below, where it is not easily viewed from the cockpit. I saw the remotes with the display from Clarion, but would rather have an Alpine or Pioneer. I saw the post about different types of remotes, and head unit options, but no mention of displays. Just trying to get ideas. Thanks in advance!

WET HULL
03-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Pioneer has the remote with a display. Works really good. They have a pic on there website.

VictoryIzMine
03-13-2007, 10:20 AM
I run a couple of sony RM-X55M remotes. One at the helm and one on the stern. They work well, but you need a sony head unit to go with it.:)
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2005/158/l158RMX55M-f_.jpeg

ROZ
03-13-2007, 08:20 PM
remotes are mfg specific......most of the time... IMHO, the Clarion displays the best...

axapowell
03-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Pioneer has the remote with a display. Works really good. They have a pic on there website.
Just be careful what head unit you use with the Pioneer. My remote will not display my Sirius info and I am using a High end headunit. Spoke to Pioneer and they said the lower end headunits WILL display the Sat radio info. Just be cautious with your choices.
Dave

Panic Button
03-23-2007, 07:46 AM
Sirius doesn't display on the remotes with lower end Pioneers either...