PDA

View Full Version : Pretty big change in the entrance to the river from Havi this year

nodigg
03-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Lots of sand movement it looks like. Be careful the first time you go up river.
The Sandbar had little reformation shift too it looked like.

boatnam2
03-13-2007, 09:53 AM
my neighbor took his ocean boat to the sandbar last weekend,he said it was 13ft where he went through.

Baja Big Dog
03-13-2007, 09:54 AM
my neighbor took his ocean boat to the sandbar last weekend,he said it was 13ft where he went through.
Wide????

DILLIGAF
03-13-2007, 09:56 AM
I am afraid when at Havasu to take my boat up to the sandbar. One time Nodigg had me follow him and I hit ground as he flew thru there. I guess your trim and speed at times are very important :idea: Not knowing the area very well at all I just normally head south and hang out down there.

That Guy
03-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Are the reeds still there at the sandbar? They were when we went by a few weeks ago....

Jyruiz
03-13-2007, 10:06 AM
I am afraid when at Havasu to take my boat up to the sandbar. One time Nodigg had me follow him and I hit ground as he flew thru there. I guess your trim and speed at times are very important :idea: Not knowing the area very well at all I just normally head south and hang out down there.
It is nerving heading up toward the sandbar. One morning I headed out to Topock for breakfast, it was early and had the family and my mother in law in the boat. I made it fine even though the water seemed low. On the way back, there were several boats right outside waiting for another boat to go thru so they could fallow. Since I was going the opposite way, they did not try it, but the look on there faces was classic. They all stared and I gave them the thumbs up, but they did not budge at all.

atomickitn
03-13-2007, 10:09 AM
It is nerving heading up toward the sandbar. One morning I headed out to Topock for breakfast, it was early and had the family and my mother in law in the boat. I made it fine even though the water seemed low. On the way back, there were several boats right outside waiting for another boat to go thru so they could fallow. Since I was going the opposite way, they did not try it, but the look on there faces was classic. They all stared and I gave them the thumbs up, but they did not budge at all.
:D bunch of..puzzy's

DILLIGAF
03-13-2007, 10:09 AM
That is what I am talking about. Scares the shit out of me when someone tells me just stay on it and trim up :eek:
I sometimes get the feeling I am filming one of those "Watch this" movies...lol

Biglue
03-13-2007, 10:11 AM
I have a hard time remembering where the safe spot is to the left of the reeds at the mouth as you go up river. When the water level is up you can go up river nearest the west bank no problem also. just stay on plane and trim up.
How is the water level right now? Is it still too low to launch at the east facing ramp at Windsor? Usually when the water level is high enough to do so I feel a little more confident going up river.

Jyruiz
03-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Yup, and all the boats waiting were smaller than mine.

beaverretriever
03-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Stay on the Cali side about 15ft off the shore and you will have no problems.

SummitKarl
03-13-2007, 10:21 AM
it seems to change every year...sometimes it favors the Az side other years it favors the Cali side. I never had to worry about it with a jet but now that I have a prop...it feels like a crap shoot every time

Jyruiz
03-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I have always gone the AZ side, never even tried the CA side, not even with our smaller boat and PWC's.

phebus
03-13-2007, 10:46 AM
I always go the AZ side. Head straight towards the opening near the reed island, and once I get even with the end of the island, follow the radius of the island.

prosthogod
03-13-2007, 10:52 AM
I followed the Sherrif deck boat and it is a swing out wide to starboard and then back left close to the island of reeds , all going up river.

Havasu1986
03-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I always go the AZ side. Head straight towards the opening near the reed island, and once I get even with the end of the island, follow the radius of the island.
Thats the route I take.:) Wow something I have in common with you Phebus....Well theres the beer thing.:D

djunkie
Not knowing the area very well at all I just normally head south and hang out down there.
See ya there. :D :D

seanv
at speed and on plane you have a shallow draft ( boat and drive is out of water) so, watch the surface of the water, boats ahead of you and let'er fly:D
oh, i have seen muddy water from the boats ahead of me and made changes in direction based on that.;)

Jyruiz
03-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Same here, but like Dj, we mostley hang out on the south side.

Captain Dan
03-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Stay on the Cali side about 15ft off the shore and you will have no problems.
That has always worked for me, even when the lake was at its lowest - maybe not 15 feet off, but in the middle of the "trough" on that side. don't slow down, though...:)
get too close to that island and you're toast

boatnam2
03-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Wide????
the guy im talking about hauled the people from the crashed boat in the pitch dark no moon 40mph to the lake.i would of never did what he was doing but he went by his gps line from earlier when he went to the sand bar.he said it was 13ft were he went through and 18 to 20 all the way to the sandbar.i dont know i run parker.i know the 2 times i went last year i just waited for someone to run through so i could go behind them but it did look shallow.

SummitKarl
03-13-2007, 11:44 AM
same here

jrgaudettes
03-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Did the run last Sunday and no problems.
On the way back there was a Conquest stuck in the middle I turned around due to it was him and his wife . My friend and I jumped in the water, walked 200 yards as he was in the middle and out of yelling distance just to have the dude say he didnt need help sea tow was in route. Oh well, my fault for giving a sh*t. Friggin water was cold though I can tell you that. LOL

jrgaudettes
03-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Are the reeds still there at the sandbar? They were when we went by a few weeks ago....
Still there and beging smell like an outhouse. When the water rises there is going to be some poluted water heading down south. Im sure nothing to make a difference, just the thought is gross.

Mrs.Racer277
03-13-2007, 12:19 PM
You rock!! :D :D
Never been a problem for us.:) :)

Mrs.Racer277
03-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Did the run last Sunday and no problems.
On the way back there was a Conquest stuck in the middle I turned around due to it was him and his wife . My friend and I jumped in the water, walked 200 yards as he was in the middle and out of yelling distance just to have the dude say he didnt need help sea tow was in route. Oh well, my fault for giving a sh*t. Friggin water was cold though I can tell you that. LOL
Awesome of you to stop and find out! :)

jrgaudettes
03-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Awesome of you to stop and find out! :)
Thank you, The guy was standing outside the boat in the water looking like he was trying to get his boat so it looked like he could us a hand. I will always try to help someone If I can. Im just whining over the cold water....LOL:D

ultra27jay
03-13-2007, 12:51 PM
i just trim it, and pinn it..,....no problems. :D :D :D

Buster
03-13-2007, 01:16 PM
I always head up on the cali side next to the reeds. Same as everyone else, trim it up and keep on plane..

That Guy
03-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Thank you, The guy was standing outside the boat in the water looking like he was trying to get his boat so it looked like he could us a hand. I will always try to help someone If I can. Im just whining over the cold water....LOL:D
Very cool of you to stop and help....good karma coming your way....:)

Magic34
03-13-2007, 02:11 PM
That is what I am talking about. Scares the shit out of me when someone tells me just stay on it and trim up :eek:
I sometimes get the feeling I am filming one of those "Watch this" movies...lol
I missed threading the needle once as I tried to do it in front of a friend (40flatdeck). I was too far to the right and when I could see definite definition in the ground under the water I pissed myself.
I overtrimmed the boat thinking I would hit bottom. That made me lose speed, thinking I was dragging bottom. My temp gauges shot through the roof because I was overtrimmed and not picking up enough water. I thought I ripped drives off.
I shut the boat down, thinking that I would for sure smack the muddy bottom now. I grabbed my anchor in record time, threw it over so the boat didn't drift to even more shallow water. I jumped out into the water thinking I needed to pick up the pieces of my drives and props, but all was good. I was in just over knee deep water, probably 3 feet.
Then my buddy (he had a 36 spectre at the time) stayed out and decided that we shouldn't head up there, Jackass!!!!
Anyways, thinking that I had a ton of muck in my impellers from stuffing my nose cones in the ground and they were toast, my buddy towed me out and after about 10 minutes of towing, I tried to fire the boat up and the temp gauges read normal. That is what told me I wasn't picking up water due to trim. I immediately put the boat on the trailer and called it a day. Cant push your luck with the boating stuff. Once on the trailer, there was zero damage to anything. Props were all sharp and drives/bottom perfect.
Long story short, I am scared to death driving up that thing. So my idea was to buy a bigger boat that would never make it anyways and I would not have to worry about it.
Trying to finish that deal now. :D

Biglue
03-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I missed threading the needle once as I tried to do it in front of a friend (40flatdeck). I was too far to the right and when I could see definite definition in the ground under the water I pissed myself.
I overtrimmed the boat thinking I would hit bottom. That made me lose speed, thinking I was dragging bottom. My temp gauges shot through the roof because I was overtrimmed and not picking up enough water. I thought I ripped drives off.
I shut the boat down, thinking that I would for sure smack the muddy bottom now. I grabbed my anchor in record time, threw it over so the boat didn't drift to even more shallow water. I jumped out into the water thinking I needed to pick up the pieces of my drives and props, but all was good. I was in just over knee deep water, probably 3 feet.
Then my buddy (he had a 36 spectre at the time) stayed out and decided that we shouldn't head up there, Jackass!!!!
Anyways, thinking that I had a ton of muck in my impellers from stuffing my nose cones in the ground and they were toast, my buddy towed me out and after about 10 minutes of towing, I tried to fire the boat up and the temp gauges read normal. That is what told me I wasn't picking up water due to trim. I immediately put the boat on the trailer and called it a day. Cant push your luck with the boating stuff. Once on the trailer, there was zero damage to anything. Props were all sharp and drives/bottom perfect.
Long story short, I am scared to death driving up that thing. So my idea was to buy a bigger boat that would never make it anyways and I would not have to worry about it.
I hear you on the pushing the limits deal. You're never comfortable after something like that until another trip it seems. You always have that "what if" lingering in the back of your mind.
Your story made me even more fearlful of that spot on the river. LOL

mobldj
03-13-2007, 02:27 PM
b4 my cheetah i had a 24 ft rinker deck with a depth meter,went north to see no digg at the sandbar and flucin alarm goes off on the depth meter,look and its readin 2 ft - 1 ft and my asshole slams shut,then im thinkin tell the old lady and the kids to prepare to ram or pray we dont carve new gouges in the earth,didnt say anything but after that i decided the sand bar aint that cool.i can watch the boats and ladies in the channel, or go up to mojave and not worry at all.just my 2 cents

Havasu1986
03-13-2007, 02:29 PM
I have been going upriver for over 20 years now and have only hit once. But it diffently has my attention every time. We used to go on the Cali side in the 80's early 90's, but the Havi side seems better now.:)

lewiville
03-13-2007, 02:33 PM
two very usefully tools that i use. 1. depth gage 2. gps, i follow my bread crumbs through there and make the same exact run every time.

Roaddogg 4040
03-13-2007, 02:35 PM
If anybody wants to take me along I can find the shallow spots really quick for ya... I won't tell how I know how I learned how to find em thou...:)
Steve

Jyruiz
03-13-2007, 02:37 PM
two very usefully tools that i use. 1. depth gage 2. gps, i follow my bread crumbs through there and make the same exact run every time.
I think I am going to mount my GPS and start using that, I never had a problem on the AZ side, but why take the chance.

boatnam2
03-13-2007, 02:40 PM
it cant draft more water then my nieghbors his is the ocean style boat probaly 32ft but friggin 12ft tall im not sure why he takes it to havasu but he does and never worries about it.he just runs the same path everytime off his gps.

jrgaudettes
03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Actually this may sound stupid so I apologize in advance. But with the water level lower than normal, the sand bar at the mouth of the river is easier to see from a distance.

shueman
03-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Much of the "depth" comes from the river flow itself. It's usually much higher on the Fri-Sat-Sun releases from Davis than mid-week, to support the week-end boating crowds.
Depth meters are your friend....:D

Classic Daycruiser
03-13-2007, 02:50 PM
I only had trouble one time, and it was on the California side. It can be tough finding the path, but it is always there during the summer. When its windy, its hard to see through the water to the bottom.
I saw a minimum of 3 feet, and average about 6 feet. It's a nice run to the dam and back, but I'd never do it on a weekend again.

phebus
03-13-2007, 05:51 PM
I went up there today, and word of advice. There is a big sandbar coming off the reed island quite a ways to the south, so make sure you don't start the radius around the island from the middle of the lake. Make sure you are heading up river beyween the island and the shore side, and are into the channel prior to turning. I saw a boat stuck well off the island in an area that I thought would be deep enough. Luckily since I was by myself, I didn't stick outr boat.

707dog
03-13-2007, 07:02 PM
damn well ill scratch that sand bar spot off my list when i visit..sounds damn scary specially with a lil one in the boat....good info post thanks!!

Desert Rat
03-13-2007, 07:37 PM
damn well ill scratch that sand bar spot off my list when i visit..sounds damn scary specially with a lil one in the boat....good info post thanks!!
If you REALLY want to hit the sandbar and don't feel comfortable to head up river put in at Park Moabi and head down river for the day. Very easy run in even the big boats:rollside:

Jesster
03-13-2007, 07:40 PM
What would be nice is if somebody with a GPS went through on the Cali and AZ sides and posted the routes somewhere or emailed it to anybody that might want it. I have mine from last year that I used a couple times coming back from Topock ater dark and it worked great, but from what Phebus says it sounds like the route has changed a little.
I think the routes can be loaded to most GPS units of the same manufacturer. Mine on a Garmin have a .GPX extension. I will do it for anybody that wants it but I probably wont get to Havasu until next month. Just a thought.:idea:
I just checked and the .GPX extension is universal, not just Garmin.

Phat Matt
03-13-2007, 07:41 PM
I followed the Sherrif deck boat and it is a swing out wide to starboard and then back left close to the island of reeds , all going up river.
That is it right there. You can see the deeper (dark) water channel that curves on your way up.

riverbound
03-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Trim it High and Let it Fly ;)

HatenWinter
03-13-2007, 07:48 PM
You can see the sand bars really well from the highway when heading in/out of town. Remembering where they are once you're on the water is probably a little tough though.

EAZYKILLER2006
03-13-2007, 08:11 PM
lol yea i member back in the day:mad: every one waiting for someone to make the first move...lol...we havent tried the sandbar or topock yet...

dicudmore
03-13-2007, 08:20 PM
come on guys and girls--just go slow and watch the water...at relatively normal lake levels its never too shallow to get through there...what does your boat actually draft while on plane?? 2' maybe?? Side note as has been previously mentioned by the infamous River Dave--how much draft do you honestly think you are saving by "trimming up and pinning it" ?? :idea: 3/4" maybe? IF you're gonna hit bottom, think you're safer hitting at 35 or 70?

EAZYKILLER2006
03-13-2007, 08:24 PM
I went up there today, and word of advice. There is a big sandbar coming off the reed island quite a ways to the south, so make sure you don't start the radius around the island from the middle of the lake. Make sure you are heading up river beyween the island and the shore side, and are into the channel prior to turning. I saw a boat stuck well off the island in an area that I thought would be deep enough. Luckily since I was by myself, I didn't stick outr boat.
when ever you are ready to head out to topock again let us know...we are ready to give it a try...topock is our favorite place to hang...

INSman
03-13-2007, 08:28 PM
I have always gone the AZ side, never even tried the CA side, not even with our smaller boat and PWC's.
same here, and only had a problem once when not paying attention

Havasu1986
03-13-2007, 08:29 PM
If your going to drive 10 hours from Nor Cal you have to go up river thru the gorge at least 1 day. At the end of May the water will be fine for you. Just follow someone thru.:)

Kilrtoy
03-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Side note as has been previously mentioned by the infamous River Dave--how much draft do you honestly think you are saving by "trimming up and pinning it" ?? :idea: 3/4" maybe?
I dont know you tell me, my guess alot more than 3/4 of an inch.
By the way this pic was done specifically to attain this look, it is not every day driving
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/192DCB11_1_.JPG

dicudmore
03-13-2007, 09:20 PM
I dont know you tell me, my guess alot more than 3/4 of an inch.
By the way this pic was done specifically to attain this look, it is not every day driving
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/192DCB11_1_.JPG
my guess--still not more than 1 inch...on plane is on plane...the bow is higher out of the water--what about the skegs??
BTW nice pic :D

BadKachina
03-13-2007, 09:38 PM
The last trip we made last summer we were on our way back from the sandbar and for some reason I decided to take the Cali side and ended up stuck. I had to walk the boat out, took me about 1/2 hour to get out. It's the first time I've ever been stuck in 7 years of taking this boat there. I guess it's bound to happen once in a while. :mad:

dicudmore
03-13-2007, 09:41 PM
The last trip we made last summer we were on our way back from the sandbar and for some reason I decided to take the Cali side and ended up stuck. I had to walk the boat out, took me about 1/2 hour to get out. It's the first time I've ever been stuck in 7 years of taking this boat there. I guess it's bound to happen once in a while. :mad:
agreed--I consider myself on the lucky side to have never hit ground up there

vmjtc3
03-13-2007, 09:46 PM
agreed--I consider myself on the lucky side to have never hit ground up there
Luckly at topock we have been able to use the "manual trim option" :D

dicudmore
03-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Luckly at topock we have been able to use the "manual trim option" :D
power trim at its finest right there :D
worked didn't it?? :D

That Guy
03-14-2007, 08:59 AM
IF you're gonna hit bottom, think you're safer hitting at 35 or 70?
That has always been my thoughts as well....keep it on a plane but no need to blast through in case you have a problem....

Troy McClure
03-14-2007, 09:19 AM
I've hit once at the entrance to the river. I was following someone else figuring he knew where he was going. I saw him start to slow and was wondering what was happening when I started to slow too. Noticed I was hitting bottom, trimmed up as much as I could and shut the motors off.
The guy in front of me made it through, I had another 10' or so and I would have been fine. Got stuck, and was by myself, if someone else was with me we could have pushed it off the sandbar. DAMN, called Sea Tow and had to wait about a half hour, did have a couple of people stop to help but I waved them off. Didn't want to ruin their day too.
No probs at all hitting at the entrance to the river (AZ side) It's all sand there and the water never drops low enough to expose the sand so it's pretty soft. I was doing about 50 and the stop was not sudden at all just a gradual slow down.
If you haven't been up the river don't worry about this, I just wouldn't follow someone else unless you KNOW that they know the way through, that was my mistake. :mad: :mad:

Magic34
03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
I hear you on the pushing the limits deal. You're never comfortable after something like that until another trip it seems. You always have that "what if" lingering in the back of your mind.
Your story made me even more fearlful of that spot on the river. LOL
It is so nice heading up river, but the entrance freaks me out so much that I wont do it anymore.
For anyone wondering what the bottom is like, it is more muddy than sandy. There is even a little bit of grass on the bottom. I didn't notice any rocks where I was at though.
I dont think that you would hit really hard, more glide to s stop fairly quick, but I think damage to the boat would remain minimal. Now, drive damage would be possible if you started plowing.

Magic34
03-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I've hit once at the entrance to the river. I was following someone else figuring he knew where he was going. I saw him start to slow and was wondering what was happening when I started to slow too. Noticed I was hitting bottom, trimmed up as much as I could and shut the motors off.
The guy in front of me made it through, I had another 10' or so and I would have been fine. Got stuck, and was by myself, if someone else was with me we could have pushed it off the sandbar. DAMN, called Sea Tow and had to wait about a half hour, did have a couple of people stop to help but I waved them off. Didn't want to ruin their day too.
No probs at all hitting at the entrance to the river (AZ side) It's all sand there and the water never drops low enough to expose the sand so it's pretty soft. I was doing about 50 and the stop was not sudden at all just a gradual slow down.
If you haven't been up the river don't worry about this, I just wouldn't follow someone else unless you KNOW that they know the way through, that was my mistake. :mad: :mad:
I wouldn't follow just "anyone" up there. I would wait for the biggest, oldest, heaviest boat to go through and that would be the guy I would follow. :D

Magic34
03-14-2007, 09:27 AM
That has always been my thoughts as well....keep it on a plane but no need to blast through in case you have a problem....
I used to think going faster was better, but going faster results in much less time to react to what your eyes are seeing. I would suggest 35-40 MPH tops so you can make adjustments to your route and give your eyes a chance to see what you are heading towards.

phebus
03-14-2007, 09:28 AM
The time I got stuck, I jumped off the boat to walk it off, and it was about two feet deep, but you sunk in almost to your knee. It was sticky, stinky muck, and when we got free, the prop was shinier then new, and had no damage at all.

DaddyMack
03-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Can be damn cold... when you are walking your boat off....
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j231/daddymacklv/IMG_3374.jpg
:jawdrop: :)

Baja Big Dog
03-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Been there....done that!!!!
I think I used the same salute!:jawdrop:

jrgaudettes
03-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Feels like just a few days ago......LOL.... Im trying to forget the cold water.:D

DaddyMack
03-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Been there....done that!!!!
I think I used the same salute!:jawdrop:
Feels like just a few days ago......LOL.... Im trying to forget the cold water.:D
Shrinkage...:2purples: :2purples: :lightsabe

That Guy
03-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Shrinkage...:2purples: :2purples: :lightsabe
At least you have your priorities straight....:D :eek: :D

Deano
03-14-2007, 10:56 AM
I've been stuck once going through...due to following the direction of a jack ass on my boat.
It's pretty simple. You can see the darkness of the water where it is deep. There is also a very slight chop ontop. I just hit that spot and follow it around. Last time through it was about 7' deep.

'78 gt boat
03-14-2007, 11:11 AM
One good reason to own a jet:D :D :D :D

460 jus getn it
03-14-2007, 11:23 AM
One good reason to own a jet:D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Biglue
03-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah ok......let's see those jets on the lake at say 3-4:00 PM on the lake. :D

460 jus getn it
03-14-2007, 11:29 AM
No thanks.......................LMAO

CBadDad
03-14-2007, 11:31 AM
On the second day of my first trip in my new (to me) boat, I got stuck going up river on a Tuesday morning in May at about 9a . That is when I noticed the other boats waiting to follow someone in the know. I pushed and pulled for close to an hour while everyone else went around me. Finally, I jumped in the boat, popped a beer (it's always 5 o:clock somewhere) and waited for the next yahoo to get stuck. It didn't take long. I walked over to his boat helped him get unstuck and then we walked over towards my boat and got her out too.
Headed down river and haven't been back since. Maybe this year will be different.

Jyruiz
03-14-2007, 11:34 AM
On the second day of my first trip in my new (to me) boat, I got stuck going up river on a Tuesday morning in May at about 9a . That is when I noticed the other boats waiting to follow someone in the know. I pushed and pulled for close to an hour while everyone else went around me. Finally, I jumped in the boat, popped a beer (it's always 5 o:clock somewhere) and waited for the next yahoo to get stuck. It didn't take long. I walked over to his boat helped him get unstuck and then we walked over towards my boat and got her out too.
Headed down river and haven't been back since. Maybe this year will be different.
Sucks that nobody stopped to help.

2Driver
03-14-2007, 12:11 PM
We've been running both sides since the 80's. Never hit bottom but have been close. Read the river 200' out in front of you and stay well on plane.
Most important: get kids and non-swimmers in PFD's and everyone seated in a place that if you come to an abrupt stop that no one either flys out or flys into a hard interior section of the boat.

2Driver
03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26422&d=1173904662
A: Could never figure out a consistent line but have always made it. Gets dicey about 2/3 up.
B: We have always done decent running this section by staying more toward the Cali side reeds in the slot.
C: Have done this in high water only in a jet boat. North arm is 12"-36" if lucky. I skiied my wife through there and let's just say it's good she didnt drop off.

Magic34
03-14-2007, 12:42 PM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26422&d=1173904662
A: Could never figure out a consistent line but have always made it. Gets dicey about 2/3 up.
B: We have always done decent running this section by staying more toward the Cali side reeds in the slot.
C: Have done this in high water only in a jet boat. North arm is 12"-36" if lucky. I skiied my wife through there and let's just say it's good she didnt drop off.
C. That's fockin' nutty!!!!

DaddyMack
03-14-2007, 01:08 PM
My picture is in A..lol... but was in December I think...

bohica
03-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Many many years ago an oldtimer told me about a guage he uses before heading up river. There is a rock that sits in front of the fence line at the north end of the Isle condo's in the channel. If the water level is up to the rock, no problems going upriver on either side. If the level is below the rock, stick to the south end of the lake.;)

Jyruiz
03-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Many many years ago an oldtimer told me about a guage he uses before heading up river. There is a rock that sits in front of the fence line at the north end of the Isle condo's in the channel. If the water level is up to the rock, no problems going upriver on either side. If the level is below the rock, stick to the south end of the lake.;)
Alright, lets have a pic of the mistery rock. And lets hope nobody ever moves it.:D

Not So Fast
03-14-2007, 01:38 PM
We've been running both sides since the 80's. Never hit bottom but have been close. Read the river 200' out in front of you and stay well on plane.
Most important: get kids and non-swimmers in PFD's and everyone seated in a place that if you come to an abrupt stop that no one either flys out or flys into a hard interior section of the boat.
Thats the best advice Ive seen!! NSF

2Driver
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
C. That's fockin' nutty!!!!
You spelled Ballzy wrong :D

Havasu1986
03-14-2007, 03:46 PM
We use the B route and never had have a problem..But we don't boat in the winter either.:)

'78 gt boat
03-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Same here........uh no thanks!!!!:D :D :D
By that time i've had a little too many or I'm waiting for around 5:30 or so for the SWEET water:devil: