PDA

View Full Version : Need Gell Repair? I know who to call! Ducky!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-13-2007, 10:42 AM
He Fixed all the gell from beaching and re-bunked my trailer!! Fixed all the dings and dents too. Was not a flake and did not rip me off. Even better he did it all indoors!!!!!
His real name is Scott at Precision Boatwerx in Havasu " Ducky" on the boards
928-854-4527
1605 Countryshire Ave #3
LHC, AZ 86403
It is sooooo hard to find good people I just thought I would pass it along!!

prosthogod
03-13-2007, 10:47 AM
how much did he charge you for what size boat?
Did he happen to do a delivery back to your garage?

OutCole'd
03-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Scott's a good guy, he took great care of my boat also.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-13-2007, 10:54 AM
how much did he charge you for what size boat?
Did he happen to do a delivery back to your garage?
Obviously every boat 's situation is different so call him. Yes he will pick it up and bring it back.

76ANTHONY
03-13-2007, 10:56 AM
dam thats good ta hear, alot of places want an arm and a leg then it looks like shiat

shadow
03-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Mine is going in his shop on Friday to get the bottom cleaned up .
He's going to take it off the trailer so i can take the trailer and do the bunks & detail.
FOAATA i saw your boat after Scott had finished it.Looks good!

One Particular Harbor
03-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Did some minor gelcoat repair work for us too and I was very pleased with the results. He actually redid a previous repair at the base of the transom that wasn't holding up. Turned out to be more work than he planned and he honored his original quote.
Good work, good prices, and he finished when he said he would. Highly recommend his work.
OPH

DaddyMack
03-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Mine is there now :) Although I haven't seen my boat, I have seen his work and it is top notch....It will be at the upholstry shop tomorrow after its all done :)... He does do some other work too...but you have to talk to him about that...:mix:
Scott is a great guy and incredibly nice... just talking to him you know he is a perfectionist!!:D

USCFAN
03-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Scott is definetly a good guy. Did work for me last year and his service is second to none. Picked up the boat to do the work and even delivered it back when he was done. He has definetly earned all my business...;)

Wet Dream
03-13-2007, 02:44 PM
What happened that Ducky doesn't post on here anymore? He was a key player in here, then just vanished. I don't recall him being anything other than a nice guy with helpful tips. I still remember the dog avatar.

DUCKY
03-13-2007, 05:26 PM
I am still around....:D
I just don't post much advice anymore....
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I wouldn't be here without your support!
and Steve... with any luck, your boat will be down the street Thursday morning. All that other stuff you wanted done is taking awhile, and there was a bad piece of floor (screw in/removable) on the right next to the motor that needed replacing. I think you will be happy with the results.

DaddyMack
03-13-2007, 05:40 PM
and Steve... with any luck, your boat will be down the street Thursday morning. All that other stuff you wanted done is taking awhile, and there was a bad piece of floor (screw in/removable) on the right next to the motor that needed replacing. I think you will be happy with the results.
That's that perfectionist part :) Thanks Scott!! no doubt I will..!

SurfOnH20
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Ducky glad to hear your kicking ass and taking names. Its good to hear there are still some honest & good hard chargers out there !!! Ill keep your name handy when I am next in line..

vishus
03-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Scott is a heck of a nice guy and does good work. He is pretty handy with a wrench as well! just ask his mom! her ME drag boat was running good in IHBA
I need to talk to you about changing some gel colors on my boat at the end of the season
later bud

DUCKY
03-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks Sid, haven't heard from you in awhile. I think we found the power, now we need the consistency. I am working on toning down the nitrous hit before the first race. Give me a call when you are ready.

BoatFloating
03-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks Sid, haven't heard from you in awhile. I think we found the power, now we need the consistency. I am working on toning down the nitrous hit before the first race. Give me a call when you are ready.
Ducky, do you pickup boats or fix minor stuff at a storage place?

shadow
03-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Rock,yes i'm sure Scott will pick up and deliver.He is about 1/2 mile from your storage
also,if not for some reason i'll help you out.

BoatFloating
03-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Rock,yes i'm sure Scott will pick up and deliver.He is about 1/2 mile from your storage
also,if not for some reason i'll help you out.
You always do..... Thanks D.... So when you moving into the Row????:D

DUCKY
03-14-2007, 08:42 AM
I try to avoid pickup and delivery due to liability, and the fact that I am a one man show, but if it's necessary, we'll make it happen. Just let me know when you are ready.
Thanks!

BoatFloating
03-14-2007, 09:04 AM
I try to avoid pickup and delivery due to liability, and the fact that I am a one man show, but if it's necessary, we'll make it happen. Just let me know when you are ready.
Thanks!
I hear you. i think this repair spot could be fixed on site. My storage has power and lights. I can have my father let you in and look at it and see what you think. I sent you a PM.

shadow
03-14-2007, 04:41 PM
You always do..... Thanks D.... So when you moving into the Row????:D
D29 the weekend of April 14th/15th:)
What about you?

sorry dog
03-14-2007, 06:10 PM
I need a bigger drain plug. Can Ducky help with that?

RobR.
03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
I am also really pleased with the work Scott did on my boat. I was one of his first customers. When the time comes to have more work done I will be calling Scott. By the way Scott, I think you met my dad.

BoatFloating
03-14-2007, 08:15 PM
D29 the weekend of April 14th/15th:)
What about you?
Poker run weekend....

79 HUSTLER
03-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Is it possible to fix graphics that have a simple fade job. I have Light Grey graphics with a Dark grey Shadowing(??) and for the first five-six feet on the side of the deck (6"x5'-6') is very faded. It looks like the shop did a repair incorrectly as you can see exactly where they started and stopped. It has just gotten really bad last year. It looks like it was just color sanded to much and has no shine or depth to it.
I do not have any closeups but here is a pic of the boat for an idea. If this is something that can be done let me know and I will set up an appointment A.S.A.P.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/555IMG_0042.JPG
Thank you,
Kelly

FOURQ
03-14-2007, 08:30 PM
:confused: I cant belive my eyes.:jawdrop: :jawdrop: .. all of this nice talk about this fat lazy ass. well I wish my experiance was a good as all of yours but it wasnt. I think he needs to get out of bed earlier and get his ass to work at a decent time. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
:D :D :D just kidding Scott's a great guy and when I had to get my shit fixed fast he lent me his shop and even helped. It has since turned into a great friendship. we and the wives do dinner together and hangout on the weekends . I help him on some of his jobs when he needs a hand and he helps me when I need a hand. I have grown up playing with glass and gel and Scott's great at what he does and his prices are great with the service you get, after moving to havasu you see alot more of the Havasu attitude and it sucks I am so tired of flakes, let me say scott,s not one! hes a true friend and he knows his shit...

DUCKY
03-14-2007, 09:27 PM
I hear you. i think this repair spot could be fixed on site. My storage has power and lights. I can have my father let you in and look at it and see what you think. I sent you a PM.
That's alright. I'll just get it to the shop, since all my tools and equipment are there. I just prefer to "pre-cursor" the transport idea with "I don't like to..." Give me a call when you (or your Dad) is in town, and I'll meet you down at your storage to have a look.

DUCKY
03-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Is it possible to fix graphics that have a simple fade job. I have Light Grey graphics with a Dark grey Shadowing(??) and for the first five-six feet on the side of the deck (6"x5'-6') is very faded. It looks like the shop did a repair incorrectly as you can see exactly where they started and stopped. It has just gotten really bad last year. It looks like it was just color sanded to much and has no shine or depth to it.
I do not have any closeups but here is a pic of the boat for an idea. If this is something that can be done let me know and I will set up an appointment A.S.A.P.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/555IMG_0042.JPG
Thank you,
Kelly
I am sure I can repair the area your are concerned with, but I would need to see it in person. Grey blends are particularly difficult to repair, because like a B/W photo, there are thousands of times many more shades of grey than there are colors. Give me a call when you can bring it by.
Thanks!

BoatFloating
03-14-2007, 09:42 PM
That's alright. I'll just get it to the shop, since all my tools and equipment are there. I just prefer to "pre-cursor" the transport idea with "I don't like to..." Give me a call when you (or your Dad) is in town, and I'll meet you down at your storage to have a look.
Sounds good....