PDA

View Full Version : Rap music today.

dmontzsta
03-13-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpSOpwM5OMI
How is it these guys can keep on going? The shit is so typical and has been this way for years.
Big watch, Fat wad of cash, some whores, Escalades on D's.
This guy says the same thing over and over and over, is that all it takes? A beat and mumbling some bull shit along to it?
This is why I stopped listening to rap music. Rap died when 2pac died. ;)

NOTALENT
03-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Most of it is crap. However rap did not die when hip hop died. There are plenty of artist that continue to lay down some sick meaningful lyrical tracks. Im more into MC's though, more skill involved and like you said not bitches n hoes, dubs and money etc...

DILLIGAF
03-13-2007, 12:18 PM
I listen to all kinds of music and a lot of rap. I don't like the gangsta' shit but something with a good R&B backdrop to it. The ho's, bitches and bling shit isn't appealing to me.

rrrr
03-13-2007, 12:18 PM
That's Donald for ya......a skinhead in baggy pantz.
:D :D

DILLIGAF
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
What color are the laces in his big ass boots?
:)

Jyruiz
03-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Rap is not as good as it use to be, very few good rap songs now a days.

lurid
03-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Zone 4
Get money
New money
It's what you been waiting on
[Chorus: x2]
Rich Boy sellin' crack
**** niggas wanna jack
Shit tight no slack
Just bought a Cadillac (THROW SOME D'S ON THAT BITCH!)
Just bought a Cadillac
[Verse 1 - Rich Boy:]
Rich Boy sellin' crack **** niggas wanna jack
Shit tight no slack just bought a Cadillac
Took it to the chop shop
Got the damn top dropped two colored flip flopped
Candy red lollipop
There's hoes in the parking lot
But i still got my glock cocked
New money mother****er don't you see the big knot
Don't you see the big chain
Don't you see the big grillz
Wonder who they hatin' on lately Baby dis him
Candy paint, Gator skin seats call me Dun Dee
Up in your hood I'm the one that you wanna be
Haters wish they could feel the wood in my '83
Ridin' with no tint so the mother****er know it's me
Rich Boy sellin' crack
**** niggas wanna jack
Shit tight no slack
Just bought a Cadillac
[Verse 2 - Polow Da Don:]
I never slip, I never fall,
A lot of hoes give me they numbers but I never call
A real O.G. look at V.I.P. and see a nigga ball
Then after we hit the club baby then I'm gonna hit them draws
I'm gonna break you off (and that's all)
Every freak should have a picture of my dick (on they wall)
Polow be the shit, zone 4 be the click (Yeah this for my dawgs)
Yeah gangsters, hustlers, wanksters, busters
(Wait a minute mother****a)
Rich Boy sellin' crack
**** niggas wanna jack
Shit tight no slack
Just bought a Cadillac
[Verse 3 - Rich Boy:]
Hit the block on some new 10 thousand dollar wheels
Can't explain how it feel,
Toucha gator on my wheel
Got peanut butter ice cream Peter pan seats
Just gotta Fresh cut
Now we looking for da freaks
Take her bad yella bitch
Make her drop them draws
Imma show you how to ball
Middle finger to the law
So **** them Niggas tell em' what they wanna do?
Hating on a player 'cause my 'lac skating 22's.
When I pull up imma park right at the front
Door lean In my cup got purp in my blunt.
Imma real pimp bitch I ain't playin' like a trick
Just bought a new 'Lac bout to put them Thangs on that bitch!!!!!
Rich Boy sellin' crack
**** niggas wanna jack
Shit tight no slack
Just bought a Cadillac

TexasChopper
03-13-2007, 01:00 PM
I heard that song on the radio last weekend and was thinking the same thing. It's crazy these guys are making money.
new way of life.....drop out of high school, skip college, forget hard work.. instead deal drugs when your 12, steal cars when you 16, then around 19-20 write some stupid some about a watch and wheels and retire.

SHOTKALLIN
03-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Gangsta Rap is here to stay :mad: unfortunately. When I was a kid it was about 2 MC's battling to see who's lyrics were the dopest. We had true MC artists like KRS ONE and Rakim. Even LL Cool J was a lyracist. For years he Battled Kool Moe D. These battles used to go back and forth from album to album. It was great. It sold lots of records and it had a huge fan base.
In my opinion Hip Hop is not dead but it is dying quickly. True lyracists like Common, Mos Def, Q-tip don't sell records. The art is dead. The only thing that sells now is Killin, Drugs, Sex, and Money.
I hate Gangsta Rap now even though I loved it as a kid. I guess I grew up and realized what it has done to our communities and our youth. Today's society is truly lost because we have parents smoking weed with thier kids because they cant tell thier kids not to smoke dope. They have been smoking dope in front of them since they were babies. Afterall if it wasn't cool to do this all the Rappers wouldn't rap about gettin high.
The bigger problem is the violence. How many songs talk about blastin a fool, smokin a fool....etc. Gun this, Glock that. "Robbin, stealin, killin at willin". I'm done with rap. I dont care how cool the beat is. Lets face it some of these songs are really cool to listen or dance too. But I wont play it in front of my kid. I would rather her grow up being a nerd than knowing whats so called "cool".
There are two many kids in this world that have parents that don't give a crap because they listen to the same crap and think its cool to dress in clothes 5 sizes too big. This "THUG MENTALITY" is not cool. Elementary school kids are runnin around looking like snoop dogg. Who's buyin this crap for thier kids to wear? The weed smoking parents who think its cool too.
My rant is done even though I could go on for days.:D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpSOpwM5OMI
How is it these guys can keep on going? The shit is so typical and has been this way for years.
This guy says the same thing over and over and over, is that all it takes? A beat and mumbling some bull shit along to it?
You sure know a lot for someone who stopped listening. Tupac's best shit came out after he died! ;)
I'm really into "Game" right now.:notam:

dmontzsta
03-13-2007, 03:00 PM
You sure know a lot for someone who stopped listening. Tupac's best shit came out after he died! ;)
Isnt that "Da Game" ;)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Isnt that "Da Game" ;)
FuK off Rabbit! no more old English for you!:jawdrop: ;)

squirt'nmyload
03-13-2007, 03:53 PM
that skinny little douche needs his ass kicked:)

Nucking futs
03-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Needs to learn how to say Cadillac correct, sounds like he just bought a cattle lick. HAHAHAHAHA what a joke.

Nucking futs
03-13-2007, 04:47 PM
This is good RAP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJhpLXviolQ

Kim Hanson
03-13-2007, 06:58 PM
You forgot " Fart Tubes " :idea: .........( . )( . )...........

Kim Hanson
03-13-2007, 06:59 PM
What color are the laces in his big ass boots?
:)
I would bet pink or mengenta :D :D ...........( . )( . )............:idea:

Kim Hanson
03-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I like stuff that pounds like Aural Vampire, Gothminster, Vitalic, Young Leek, Dirty Vegas and Warp Brothers :idea: I once was told if it doesn't feel like you are getting CPR done to you, you need more BASS :idea: I have tooooooo much now. :D :D ..........( . )( . )......Hearing Aid soon :D

EAZYKILLER2006
03-13-2007, 09:35 PM
YEA THE GAME G UNOT... and AKON FEAT SNOOP... THE DIRTY VERSION...I WAANNA F UP ...KONVICT:D IS A PRETTY GOOD CD...I ONLY LIKE IT WHEN I DRINK...hey:( i wanted to bump the eagles :( in the channel a couple weekends ago..they wouldnt let me...they made me play "the rap booty music"...

hoolign
03-13-2007, 09:38 PM
ya mon!http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26395&d=1173850689

bLoWn N Rayson
03-13-2007, 10:13 PM
what about the Stunna Shades, and Grillz???
What about the HYPHY movement?
whens everyone gonna start ghostriding their boats sissys

bLoWn N Rayson
03-13-2007, 10:17 PM
wait the Hyphy movement aint dead yet...
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2011990822

hoolign
03-13-2007, 10:24 PM
what about the Stunna Shades, and Grillz???
What about the HYPHY movement?
whens everyone gonna start ghostriding their boats sissys
I'm curious about somthing here! What does the "N" between blown and Rayson stand for??

bLoWn N Rayson
03-13-2007, 10:42 PM
i would guess the N stands for and???
:eek:
i dont know though i might have been smoking sumthing real strong at the time

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
People(Rappers) make music that sells! If people were wearing bell bottoms and they were huge right now, someone would rap about it! You also have to factor in the record labels! They push alot of what is being played these days. They know what is going to sell. These guys are NOT stupid by any means. I get sick of everyone blaming peoples "actions" on the music. Music does play a role in emotions BUT if a kid is going to act out of character then thats parenting. I have listen to all hiphop/rap since the 80's and I never robbed a bank or did any crazy schit like these kids are doing these days. Thats just my .02
By the way, I did throw some D's on my schit :D THey are talking about "DUB" and "Davin" wheels in that song;)

Sangerdude
03-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Too Short Then, Too Short Now, Too Short later...that pimp is amazing! Still spitting game and dropping dope beats!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Too Short Then, Too Short Now, Too Short later...that pimp is amazing! Still spitting game and dropping dope beats!
He has never changed;) I have mad luv for Tooshort;)

XtrmWakeborder
03-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Rap died with Nelly and that boom boom baby crap. Thats where I started to stop listening. Ever since thaat point it's been hit and miss.:(

wsuwrhr
03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
So you are saying women are "more than bitches and tricks?"

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-26-2007, 11:11 PM
So you are saying women are "more than bitches and tricks?"
Dammit Brian, Get it right! Its "Bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks" :D :D :D

Tom Brown
03-26-2007, 11:27 PM
I love 2pac. His Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. CD is keeping coffee cup ring stains off the rich wood finish of my living room furniture. :cool:

wsuwrhr
03-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Dammit Brian, Get it right! Its "Bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks" :D :D :D
I knew it was something like that.
Thanks for clearing that up:D
Brian

uclahater
03-27-2007, 06:54 AM
People(Rappers) make music that sells! If people were wearing bell bottoms and they were huge right now, someone would rap about it! You also have to factor in the record labels! They push alot of what is being played these days. They know what is going to sell. These guys are NOT stupid by any means. I get sick of everyone blaming peoples "actions" on the music. Music does play a role in emotions BUT if a kid is going to act out of character then thats parenting. I have listen to all hiphop/rap since the 80's and I never robbed a bank or did any crazy schit like these kids are doing these days. Thats just my .02
;)
But you do hit 460 in the Shitter, and thats a direct result of Rap:idea: