PDA

View Full Version : Martinez 3/24-3/25.

DMOORE
03-13-2007, 02:27 PM
With the weather heating up who's heading out. we'll be heading out Thursday night and staying thru Monday. Should be a great time out there. Hopefully get to meet some more of the regulars. Met Mandelon last year and I know a lot of other SD folks head out regularly.
Darrell.

jbone
03-13-2007, 03:01 PM
We might head out if the weather stays around 90 deg and is sunny. That way the water doesn't seem as cold.
My 2 girls (4 and 6) are itchin to go out already.
I'm curious what the water level is like at the sand bar. Does anyone know? Usually the water is way up this time of year.
J

BarryMac
03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
I may be out but probably wont launch the boat, I need to get her tuned up and ready for the summer. Where do you stay? BTW, I'm sorry that you had to meet Mandelon, he's more wierd in person then on here huh, I thought so too... :D

jbone
03-13-2007, 03:14 PM
We stay at the Microtel. It is off the 8 on Fortuna Rd. It is about 30 mins to the ramp.
There is a grocery store (Fry's), gas, fast food, and a Kragen in the same parking lot.
The lot is well lit, and the boats have always been safe there.
J

DMOORE
03-13-2007, 03:16 PM
We might head out if the weather stays around 90 deg and is sunny. That way the water doesn't seem as cold.
My 2 girls (4 and 6) are itchin to go out already.
I'm curious what the water level is like at the sand bar. Does anyone know? Usually the water is way up this time of year.
J
Last time I was out during New Years, it was pretty low. Infact I didn't go all the way to the sandbar. We hung out at the sandbar outside of Martinez. If it's still low, I'll just launch the old Ski Centurian.
Wife is looking to get some skiing in anyways.
Darrell.

jbone
03-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I just remembered. I either have to drop about 10 lbs or buy all new board shorts.
Nothing like trying to squeeze into board shorts and drink a few cold ones.:(
J

DMOORE
03-13-2007, 09:18 PM
I just remembered. I either have to drop about 10 lbs or buy all new board shorts.
Nothing like trying to squeeze into board shorts and drink a few cold ones.:(
J
You and me both dude. All my shorts shrunk over the winter.:)
Darrell.

Shack
03-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Hello all,
We will be out that weekend as well. No boating though. Just working on the "SHACK" and putting some cold one's back at the bar.

AvengerBabe
03-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Bummer-- we are going to be out this weekend for St. Paddys day. We were out last weekend as well and the weather was fantastic! The water level was high while we were out there, so as long as you know where you are going you'll be fine. Sucks we won't be seeing you out there this weekend, but maybe we'll meet up sometime this summer!:D

DMOORE
03-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Bummer-- we are going to be out this weekend for St. Paddys day. We were out last weekend as well and the weather was fantastic! The water level was high while we were out there, so as long as you know where you are going you'll be fine. Sucks we won't be seeing you out there this weekend, but maybe we'll meet up sometime this summer!:D
Well, I think I speak for all the guys on here. If you look anything like the side profile in your avatar, we would ALL like to see you out on the sandbar this summer.:D
Darrell.

socalmofo
03-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Dmoore,
You have a 28' Advantage?
My Uncle has a house at Fishers and I am in San Diego and have been wanting to go there. I have a 24' lightning - Isn't that too big for there?

DMOORE
03-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Dmoore,
You have a 28' Advantage?
My Uncle has a house at Fishers and I am in San Diego and have been wanting to go there. I have a 24' lightning - Isn't that too big for there?
No problem at all. A bunch of us have 26 and 28 ft boats down there. We are in fishers all the time. The first time out just be sure to go with someone who knows the river. It's not hard to learn at all, just worth following someone else at first. You'll love it out there. Great boating, great people and very few D***HEADS. You should try to make it out.
Darrell.

AvengerBabe
03-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Well, I think I speak for all the guys on here. If you look anything like the side profile in your avatar, we would ALL like to see you out on the sandbar this summer.:D
Darrell.
:D not at all... my legs are WAY longer than that!!! :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :devil: :) :D :devil:

jbone
03-14-2007, 02:17 PM
:D not at all... my legs are WAY longer than that!!! :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :devil: :) :D :devil:
I can vouch for that. We only met once, but if my memory is right I had to look up to talk to you and I'm 6 ft.
Here's to good summer!
J

AvengerBabe
03-14-2007, 02:31 PM
I can vouch for that. We only met once, but if my memory is right I had to look up to talk to you and I'm 6 ft.
Here's to good summer!
J
well, the sandbar must have been sloping that day... I'm 5'11".:)

jbone
03-14-2007, 02:49 PM
well, the sandbar must have been sloping that day... I'm 5'11".:)
That is still a lot of leg.:D
J

Screaming Pete
03-14-2007, 02:55 PM
:idea: well, the sandbar must have been sloping that day... I'm 5'11".:)
:idea:
:idea: :) :D

AvengerBabe
03-14-2007, 03:24 PM
That is still a lot of leg.:D
J
haha! yes, this is true:)

AvengerBabe
03-14-2007, 03:25 PM
:idea: :) :D
Hey Pete!! we need to do lunch again soon...

jbone
03-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Extended forcast is calling for mid-high 80' with clear skies.
Maybe a Saturday trip to see if the river is still there.
Does anyone know if the main sandbar up river is exposed? I think they call it Zoo Island.
J

DMOORE
03-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know if the main sandbar up river is exposed? I think they call it Zoo Island.
J
Not sure. Over New Years it was TOO exposed.
4 days left for me. I'll be heading out on Thursday. I need to do some work on the jetskis for the wifey.(ya I know ,river lice and all).
I took the old Ski centurian out yesterday and the coil started buggin out.( I think). It would run at about 4k for a few minutes then start crappin out. Plenty of fuel in carb. No water in ports act...
Pretty sure it's ignition. Ordered a new Mallory coil from summit. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow (fingers crossed) so I can test it Wednesday. Moma wants to do some skiing.
Darrell.

AvengerBabe
03-19-2007, 01:53 PM
J
We took the boat out on Saturday and the water was high. Very little of the sandbar is showing, but there is some sand. The weather was in the high 90's and the water is still chilly... fantastic weekend though!

Mandelon
03-19-2007, 02:15 PM
No problem at all. A bunch of us have 26 and 28 ft boats down there. We are in fishers all the time. The first time out just be sure to go with someone who knows the river. It's not hard to learn at all, just worth following someone else at first. You'll love it out there. a few D***HEADS. You should try to make it out.
Darrell.
Yes, its true Barry is out there sometimes too. :D
I will be out that weekend but not with the boat, just working on the house for the season. I am curious to see how far the sewer lines have made it since last time I was out.

AvengerBabe
03-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes, its true Barry is out there sometimes too. :D
I will be out that weekend but not with the boat, just working on the house for the season. I am curious to see how far the sewer lines have made it since last time I was out.
They have the big tank completely constructed below the dumpster by the bar. James and I cruised around your hood while we were out there and they have marked off all the streets for grading. They also have several machines parked in the lot preparing for trenching, so I'm assuming that they will start tearing things up very soon.

BarryMac
03-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I may be out this weekend as well, need to install the new steering cable and service "The Irmanator" up for the season, not sure if I will bug Petey to use the Park model or if I will stay over night in Yuma, right now the sound of drinking Richards beer sounds really good... :D :D

DMOORE
03-19-2007, 03:13 PM
T They also have several machines parked in the lot preparing for trenching, so I'm assuming that they will start tearing things up very soon.
Great! Just in time for summer for you guys.
Darrell.

AvengerBabe
03-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Great! Just in time for summer for you guys.
Darrell.
Eh, nothin' the golf cart can't traverse!:D

Mandelon
03-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I may be out this weekend as well, need to install the new steering cable and service "The Irmanator" up for the season, not sure if I will bug Petey to use the Park model or if I will stay over night in Yuma, right now the sound of drinking Richards beer sounds really good... :D :D
You can crash with us, it'll just be me and kids....and plenty of cocktails!

BarryMac
03-20-2007, 08:50 AM
You can crash with us, it'll just be me and kids....and plenty of cocktails!
Thanks for the invite, much appreciated, Irmanator's comin with me though. I wanna try and get the boat finished up on Saturday so I can hopefully go for a little ride on Sunday, we will definitely swing in though...

Screaming Pete
03-20-2007, 01:46 PM
If i was you i'd go ahead and ask him about the park model:D

Mandelon
03-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Otay. We should be out Friday afternoon.

DMOORE
03-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Got my new coil today from Summit. Put it on and ran it for 30min on the hose. About 10 of those at 4000rpm. All looks well so far. I'll take it out to the bay tomorrow to see if it runs well. Hopefully(fingers crossed) the coil was the issue. Can't wait. We'll be heading out Thur.
Darrell.

Mandelon
03-22-2007, 04:37 PM
See you guys Friday-Saturday!