PDA

View Full Version : catalytic converter for 2008

dumbandyoung
03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
THOSE HIPPIES DID IT AGAIN!
I just got my new HB magazine today.
Starting in 2008 boat manufactures are now required to install catalytic converters on I/O motors. California is the 1st state to have to meet this requirement.
Mercury is already preparing a package for all there low horsepower motors. Apparently, high horsepower boats will not be regulated for a few more years.
This is only required on boats manufactured after Jan 1st 2008. So boaters will not half to make changes to their current boats.
In the last few years we have seen mufflers, now catalytic converter.. whats next, seat belts??:D

Jyruiz
03-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Hot Boat has a magazine?:eek:

Dave C
03-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Next? smog checks.
BTW I will have to remember where I stored the catalytic converter that I removed in 2008 when they require smog checks in the future....... ;) ;) ;)
hopefully I don't throw it away like I did the last catalytic converter that I removed..... errrr I mean..... fixed ;) ;)

funkcity
03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Indmar, is offering them in the Malibu and Mastercraft boat lines now.

work2play
03-13-2007, 07:20 PM
We all need to do our part to take care of the environment. So we all need to write to Mercury Marine and get them to set up a recycle program for our catalytic converters with less than one hour on them. We buy a boat, we remove the catalytic converter, we send it back to Mercury Marine, they use it on the next engine and drive. They won't have to waste natural resources building new cc. See, recycling can be helpful and fun.

Riverat84
03-13-2007, 07:50 PM
We all need to do our part to take care of the environment. So we all need to write to Mercury Marine and get them to set up a recycle program for our catalytic converters with less than one hour on them. We buy a boat, we remove the catalytic converter, we send it back to Mercury Marine, they use it on the next engine and drive. They won't have to waste natural resources building new cc. See, recycling can be helpful and fun.
for sure i agree w/ dat!

dumbandyoung
03-14-2007, 12:29 PM
AGREED!.. whos gonna write the letter?