PDA

View Full Version : Props to PVHD

Bradman
03-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Just wanted to give Pomona Valley Harley Davidson props!!! Just bought a new bike about a month ago. Been having issues trying to lock the steering. It was tough to engage and disengage every time I tried using it. Drove the bike down to PVHD and the sales guy said I probably have a burr on the key and it should work it self lose. Well, it did more than work it self loose, it broke in the locked postion today. Luckly I was at home. So I call PVHD and tell them the problem. Since I can't get the bike down to them since the steering is in the locked postion, they send one of their mechanics to my house and fix my bike. Now, thats what I call customer service. :)

CampbellCarl
03-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Let me guess....a Road King? My 2002 RK did the same in my driveway. Called Laidlaw's, they sent a guy who tried, no luck. He helped me get the bike into the garage for the night, next day, sent a svc truck and picked it up. Replaced under warranty but based on the number of guys I've heard of having the problem, I now never use the neck lock. Use a disc lock and ignition and alarm.
CC

Bradman
03-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Let me guess....a Road King? My 2002 RK did the same in my driveway. Called Laidlaw's, they sent a guy who tried, no luck. He helped me get the bike into the garage for the night, next day, sent a svc truck and picked it up. Replaced under warranty but based on the number of guys I've heard of having the problem, I now never use the neck lock. Use a disc lock and ignition and alarm.
CC
You guessed right. Is it just the Roadking having this problem?

charlyox
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I got a recall notice on my street glide but, I haven't taken it in yet. I better get on it before I get stranded. I will take it to PVHD as they are the closest dealer.

cola
03-13-2007, 04:57 PM
If you guys need parts, see Jerry Cooper "Coop" in parts. He knows his shit & hangs in Havasu just like the rest of us. If Coop doesn't have it he will find it for you. PVHD is a good shop.
Late, Mike

charlyox
03-13-2007, 07:13 PM
I know Coop. He has an Essex also. He has hooked me up on parts a few times.

Bradman
03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
I know Coop. He has an Essex also. He has hooked me up on parts a few times.
Does Coop have a website and where is he located?
Thanks

hal300t
03-13-2007, 09:45 PM
My 06 street glide was recalled due to key lock mechanism failure. Live in Upland now go to Laidlaws, better service overall. Would have gone there years ago if not for Jerry in parts.