PDA

View Full Version : Any Microsoft Outlook gurus...............

clownpuncher
03-14-2007, 10:59 AM
A while back I did some updating and since then I can't to filter my junk/spam when I recieve mail.
I've went through the help section, but, it still ain't workin. Pisses me to download 190 emails and only have TWO, 2, dos, ni, ****ing 2 emails that are legit.
Someone please save my sanity and let me know how to set my filters right.
Thanks in advance
ROC

h2oski2fast
03-14-2007, 11:27 AM
A while back I did some updating and since then I can't to filter my junk/spam when I recieve mail.
I've went through the help section, but, it still ain't workin. Pisses me to download 190 emails and only have TWO, 2, dos, ni, ****ing 2 emails that are legit.
Someone please save my sanity and let me know how to set my filters right.
Thanks in advance
ROC
Huhh?
Try taking all the spam you get and move it to the spam folder, then it will learn what is spam and start sending similar emails to that folder. You have to keep moving spam there manually so it learns which is spam.

Jyruiz
03-14-2007, 11:31 AM
What version of Outlook are you using? I have a utility from Norton that will help with the spam, it is 4 megs zipped so I can e-mail it to you if you like.

clownpuncher
03-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the replies.
I already move my spam to the spam folder. Doesn't seem to be workingas well as I like.
Not sure which version I have. I have Norton also. Maybe I'll did around there too. What was the file from Norton that helps?
Thanks again

Jyruiz
03-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the replies.
I already move my spam to the spam folder. Doesn't seem to be workingas well as I like.
Not sure which version I have. I have Norton also. Maybe I'll did around there too. What was the file from Norton that helps?
Thanks again
It's a Symantec Plug-in, it does not come with the antivirus software. Give me your e-mail addy and I will send it to you.

clownpuncher
03-14-2007, 11:56 AM
It's a Symantec Plug-in, it does not come with the antivirus software. Give me your e-mail addy and I will send it to you.
You da man.
roc@dc.rr.com
Thanks

Jyruiz
03-14-2007, 12:06 PM
You da man.
roc@dc.rr.com
Thanks
Sent.

clownpuncher
03-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks for sending. Still waiting, hasn't arrived yet. I'll let ya know what happens
ROC

Jyruiz
03-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks for sending. Still waiting, hasn't arrived yet. I'll let ya know what happens
ROC
I sent it a while ago. I sent it from my Yahoo account so make sure did not confuse it for spam.

clownpuncher
03-15-2007, 11:23 AM
I got the email this morning and all looks good.
Program is running
Thanks Jyruiz

Jyruiz
03-15-2007, 11:29 AM
I got the email this morning and all looks good.
Program is running
Thanks Jyruiz
You are welcome.

probablecause
03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Here is a link to the Microsoft Discussion Forums which I have used numerous times for Programming related questions. Every Microsoft product is covered. Is it just like this forum where you post and get responses. Bookmark it also.
Microsoft Discussion Forums (http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx#)