PDA

View Full Version : CANCELLED OUR BofA CARD TODAY>>>>>>>>>>

Not So Fast
03-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes, we did and from what the conversation went like its happening a lot. The lady on the line at BofA didnt ask why so my wife says "dont you want to know why we are doing this after having this card for umpteen years?? She said she knew the reason and asked "because of the illegal immigration deal right" to which the response was "YES" Will it do any good, probably not but we feel a lot better! ;) NSF

Jyruiz
03-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes, we did and from what the conversation went like its happening a lot. The lady on the line at BofA didnt ask why so my wife says "dont you want to know why we are doing this after having this card for umpteen years?? She said she knew the reason and asked "because of the illegal immigration deal right" to which the response was "YES" Will it do any good, probably not but we feel a lot better! ;) NSF
Good for you Bobby.

bigq
03-14-2007, 02:27 PM
So they got rid of you at 8-12% and gained an illegal at 24%...
Yea they are hurting..:rolleyes:

blender over
03-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Good Job , so did me and my wife:)

Not So Fast
03-14-2007, 02:41 PM
So they got rid of you at 8-12% and gained an illegal at 24%...
Yea they are hurting..:rolleyes:
I figure that I'm a pretty good customer and never late for over 20 some years so yeah, I do feel like I made a difference and if the lady knew right away the reason why then I figure a lot of people are doing it and if enough folks do it maybe it will make them think about it!! What have you done Mr Bigg?? NSF

cdog
03-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Good Yob!:D

RitcheyRch
03-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Good job.

jammin
03-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Don't be suprised if you get a statement next month! We canceled ours a while back and they kept it open and charged us like .50 cents for being inactive. We had to call customer service to finally get it closed out!

707dog
03-14-2007, 03:27 PM
IV HAD A BANK ACCOUNT WITH B of A FOR AWHILE AM I MISSING SOMETHING??? WHATS THE KICKER??

HBjet
03-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Even though it is perfectly legal for BofA to have this program, I do not like it either. Good Job! As more people cancel their accounts, BofA will eventually change their name to "Bank of Aliens"
HBjet

Outnumbered
03-14-2007, 03:42 PM
IV HAD A BANK ACCOUNT WITH B of A FOR AWHILE AM I MISSING SOMETHING??? WHATS THE KICKER??
THEY CATER TO ILLEGALS. FOCK EM:devil:

Big Warlock
03-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Gracias por todo senor! Te veo mas tarde quando estamos encargado de tu pais!! :D

bigq
03-14-2007, 04:11 PM
I figure that I'm a pretty good customer and never late for over 20 some years so yeah, I do feel like I made a difference and if the lady knew right away the reason why then I figure a lot of people are doing it and if enough folks do it maybe it will make them think about it!! What have you done Mr Bigg?? NSF
I have done a few things, but if you think the big wigs at BofA didn't take into account that NSF was going to cancel his account you are dreaming.I know it makes you feel better and I am glad, but the sad fact is I doubt it will make a difference. We need to get the law changed.;)
I am annoyed as the next guy with illegal immigration and I had two cards with them, but BofA is within the law. Maybe you should write to congress people to change the law when Bush gets out.

Singleton
03-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Washington Mutual, Chase and CitiBank do the same thing as BofA. However those 3 started the programs 4 or 5 years ago and never made a public statement about it. BofA is the only bank that made a public statement.

RiverRatMike
03-14-2007, 04:41 PM
really not to worried about it

Not So Fast
03-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I have done a few things, but if you think the big wigs at BofA didn't take into account that NSF was going to cancel his account you are dreaming.I know it makes you feel better and I am glad, but the sad fact is I doubt it will make a difference. We need to get the law changed.;)
I am annoyed as the next guy with illegal immigration and I had two cards with them, but BofA is within the law. Maybe you should write to congress people to change the law when Bush gets out.
You know what Bigg, when I retired and moved here I was a consumer's advocate and became involved in letter writing to everybody about everything you can think of, attended a few council meetings, couple of meetings with Buster johnson about unfair taxes, talked with ADEQ about the Topock Cr6 mess that STILL IS NOT CLEANED UP and it did about as much good as pissing in the wind with a forrest fire behind me. I liked it better when I was younger and didnt give a crap about any of this shit. All I cared about was the next party or beer or doobie (are they still called that?) and life seemed simpler ;)
So the answer to writing a letter,HOGWASH, no more from me. Canceling my card just seemed right, I know it wont make a hill of beans difference to Bof A but if say a million people did it then maybe, just maybe they would rethink their position. There formletter they sent out when I asked about this illegal immigrant credit card thing made me mad so this is my way of "sticking it to the man" Hope it does some good!! Peace :chi: NSF

chub
03-14-2007, 05:03 PM
You need to write a letter dude. Charlotte NC is head quarters. They hate the West coast operations and don't really care.

chub
03-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Even though it is perfectly legal for BofA to have this program, I do not like it either. Good Job! As more people cancel their accounts, BofA will eventually change their name to "Bank of Aliens"
HBjet
Bank of Amigo bro!

chub
03-14-2007, 05:08 PM
You know what Bigg, when I retired and moved here I was a consumer's advocate and became involved in letter writing to everybody about everything you can think of, attended a few council meetings, couple of meetings with Buster johnson about unfair taxes, talked with ADEQ about the Topock Cr6 mess that STILL IS NOT CLEANED UP and it did about as much good as pissing in the wind with a forrest fire behind me. I liked it better when I was younger and didnt give a crap about any of this shit. All I cared about was the next party or beer or doobie (are they still called that?) and life seemed simpler ;)
So the answer to writing a letter,HOGWASH, no more from me. Canceling my card just seemed right, I know it wont make a hill of beans difference to Bof A but if say a million people did it then maybe, just maybe they would rethink their position. There formletter they sent out when I asked about this illegal immigrant credit card thing made me mad so this is my way of "sticking it to the man" Hope it does some good!! Peace :chi: NSF
Sorry didn't read this NSF. You have no idea how I feel and can't talk about it. Don't ask Please.

vdriver4ever
03-14-2007, 05:08 PM
You know I have a BofA company card that gets run up pretty good every month. I may not either make a hill of beans difference to them... but I am going to look into a change. I am very active politicly, and all the letter writting and speaches in the world don't speak as loud as your dollars do.

Smokin Joe
03-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Canceling a credit card you have had for a long time may hurt your FICO score. it's strange how they figure that out anyways.
joe

al cole'holic
03-14-2007, 05:25 PM
...I would cancel, then I realized I picked up 6 of em at the Home Depot parking lot on Sunday :(

707dog
03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
now are we pointing the finger at a certain race or does this applie across the board as far as illigal alians?? reason being is in my area i see more pino's/veitmanese/chinese and arabics than the bordor bro's and i know not all those fools are legit...

CA Stu
03-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I am very active politicly, and all the letter writting and speaches in the world don't speak as loud as your dollars do.
"politically" "writing" "speeches"
I don't have a card there, but I'm tempted to go try and open an account, fill out the paperwork, and right before they issue me a card, rip it all up and throw it right in their illegal-lovin' faces! :mad:
Thanks
CA Stu

RT21
03-14-2007, 05:44 PM
now are we pointing the finger at a certain race or does this applie across the board as far as illigal alians?? reason being is in my area i see more pino's/veitmanese/chinese and arabics than the bordor bro's and i know not all those fools are legit...
Hey, start your own "we hate #@inks" thread! This one concerns those damn hispano's...:D

Not So Fast
03-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Washington Mutual, Chase and CitiBank do the same thing as BofA. However those 3 started the programs 4 or 5 years ago and never made a public statement about it. BofA is the only bank that made a public statement.
Well hell, I'll show'em, I'll cancel all the MFer's then ;) Its not like I dont get offers EVERY SINGLE DAY from any bank you can name. When you are older and have had good credit all your life they seem to love to offer that plastic!!! :rolleyes: NSF >>>>>>> PS There was no mention of any race card in any of my correspondence, only term used was ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. If you want to spin this differently then do so on your own thread please!! Thanks

707dog
03-14-2007, 05:56 PM
naaa no race card bro..i dont play that game ...im native indian,italian,and yes mexican..and my lil ones are el salvo's so my race card is all fugged up :D so was just curious about what the thread was about and to make sure i was at the right bank but it seems most of them are doing the same..no wonder why i will now keep my shit in my safe..lol

purrfecttremor
03-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Like I said in a thead a couple of weeks ago I cancelled all three of My accounts... fOCK BofA!!!!!!!!!!

2Driver
03-14-2007, 06:07 PM
I've taken almost all my biz from B of A purely because they provide bad service, this is an excuse to take it all away.
I guess the idea is to recognize a decent bank with good service that doesn't finance illegals and drive all our US citizen biz there. " profits up at Bank ___ by 40% this year due to policy regarding illegals " This should get the others attention.

Wheeler
03-14-2007, 06:53 PM
I have never banked with B of A and I never will.

Wheeler
03-14-2007, 06:57 PM
:D next time you get a b of a in the mail, fill it out, but DO NOT put your s.s. # in , circle it and write next to it , "if the illegles do have to put it, nither do I" !!! AND MAIL IT TO THEM !!!:D
If it is "postage paid" tape it to a brick, then mail it.

Pismo
03-15-2007, 05:28 AM
BofA has a nasty habit of re-opening accts that you have closed months later and then trying to charge you fees, etc. I have closed the same checking acct 3 times now and each time a few months later I get statements in the mail with inactivity fees, which cause overdraft fees, etc. They are very helpful in person and say it is a mistake, oh were so sorry, then it happens again a few months later.

a catered life
03-15-2007, 06:29 AM
puck B of A
americian express all the way
nice job by the way

sam pioske
03-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Some of you know who A P Gininini [sp] was, and know his deal with the depression. That back then it was bank of Italy, he ran to Italy till after those times, then changed the name to Bank of America to get back in U. S. That bank has ripped me off to many times, I do not use them to this day. My welfare does not hurt them much though! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
:mad: