PDA

View Full Version : Footloose and cancer free!

BshyBvrGirl
03-14-2007, 02:30 PM
So, a few months ago, I posted about being diagnosed with cervical cancer and going in for surgery. I received many well wishes from the HB crowd. The surgery went well, but there's a waiting period with cervical cancer to see if they got everything and that my body is now strong enough to fight (now that there are less cancer cells to fight) the virus that caused it all. Well, today was my follow-up visit...and it's official...cancer free in 2007!
I'm not going to get all preachy, but to all the parents of young daughters, go ahead and get them the vaccine to prevent the HPV virus. I wish I had the option and all of this could have been avoided.
Just thought I'd share:)

phebus
03-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Congratulations, now it's time to give that thing a good workout, and make that doctor proud :D

Outnumbered
03-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear that. One of my best friends was diagnosed with testicular cancer last year. He faught it and won. I'm going to his wedding this weekend.:)

Sleek-Jet
03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Congratulations, now it's time to give that thing a good workout, and make that doctor proud :D
I agree... :D

BshyBvrGirl
03-14-2007, 02:36 PM
I agree... :D
You have nothing to worry about :devil:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Glad to hear! Thanks for the update. Any word on the interview?

Biglue
03-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Awsome news. Congrats.

BshyBvrGirl
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
I had a phone conference with 2 of the board members on Monday. They asked for a list of references and a list of grants I had applied for and received funding. I'm hoping that's a good sign :D I'm hoping to hear something tomorrow or Friday. But there's a possibility I may have to fly back to AZ for a third face to face on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed :D

Debbolas
03-14-2007, 02:45 PM
This is the best news I've heard all day!
:D
Congratulations!!:D
:clover:

All-Star
03-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Congrats....
We are all proud of you for not giving up.
I have my daughter scheduled for her shot a year... which we will discuss in about 6 months. Her Granmother called me crying and begging me to make her get the shot since cancer runs in my family. I reassured her that I already have the appointment set.
My daughter is a late bloomer and she just barely started the monthly thing at 14 1/2. She is not interested in boys.....(a ton) she thinks they are cute.
She tells me that movie stars are cute, but none at her school. She tells me that she is not a lesbian when we talk about cute boys and if she is interested.....
But I know that it is so important to get the shot before they become sexually active. So I think we are on theright track.
My assistant had the same thing.... and it almost ruined her chances of ever having a child... and she was only 22 when it happened. I had never heard of HPV prior to that.
I see that they are really trying to make the public more aware.
And I applaude you for sharing your story with us parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc that are here on ***boat to help get the word out.
Thank you and God Bless you Girlie!;)

AZKC
03-15-2007, 06:34 AM
Well thats great news BBG, guess you can do a little celebrating this weekend:D Hear there may be a little AZ Sunshine heading your way;)

a catered life
03-15-2007, 07:29 AM
congrats and many blessings...this is great:D news

BshyBvrGirl
03-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Well thats great news BBG, guess you can do a little celebrating this weekend:D Hear there may be a little AZ Sunshine heading your way;)
thanks :D I'm pretty happy about the news myself. I'm hoping to hear (keeping my fingers crossed) more great news today or tomorrow :D

SummerBreeze
03-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Great news!!
I bet you will sleep better

Baja Big Dog
03-15-2007, 07:49 AM
One more for the GOOD GUYS!!!!
Nothing better than starting your day off with this kind of news!!!:D :D
Elaborate on the "Interview"...

shueman
03-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Great News !! :cool:

maxwedge
03-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Good to hear your doing ok B.:)

AZKC
03-15-2007, 02:04 PM
thanks :D I'm pretty happy about the news myself. I'm hoping to hear (keeping my fingers crossed) more great news today or tomorrow :D
You and me both;) And a few others I'm sure:)

BshyBvrGirl
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I am. Thank you :)
and the doors in the garage are yours if you want them :D

BshyBvrGirl
03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
You and me both;) And a few others I'm sure:)
I"m just as happy that your surgery went well too :D I could have been spared the pics though :D

ratso
03-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Awesome!;)

AZKC
03-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I"m just as happy that your surgery went well too :D I could have been spared the pics though :D
Sorry ;) its kind of tradition:D I could dig the other ones out if you'd like:D

Ryphraph
03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Great news indeed!
Ryph

BshyBvrGirl
03-15-2007, 02:21 PM
ummm no thanks:yuk: I'm pretty sure they don't take pics of the surgery I had...they just tell you to go watch a dirty movie :devil:

BshyBvrGirl
03-15-2007, 02:25 PM
btw, happy birthday on Sunday, in case I can't get to a computer and start a happy birthday thread for you :)

BarryMac
03-15-2007, 02:27 PM
That's great news Chick with a Bush, glad to hear it... I hope that the asshole BF of yours took good care of you...:D :D

maxwedge
03-15-2007, 02:34 PM
btw, happy birthday on Sunday, in case I can't get to a computer and start a happy birthday thread for you :)
Thanks, but what's this about Sunday? It clearly states in my profile that my birthday isn't until April 2 when I'll be turning 105.:D

shueman
03-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh yea, do it...she'll love 'em....esp. the nose ones....:eek: :D

AZKC
03-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh yea, do it...she'll love 'em....esp. the nose ones....:eek: :D
Whats wrong with my nose :devil: other than it looks like a dogs chew toy:D

BshyBvrGirl
03-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks, but what's this about Sunday? It clearly states in my profile that my birthday isn't until April 2 when I'll be turning 105.:D
it also states you live in Lower Hell :idea: I had no idea they were now referring central IL to that :D

BshyBvrGirl
03-15-2007, 02:45 PM
That's great news Chick with a Bush, glad to hear it... I hope that the asshole BF of yours took good care of you...:D :D
I do enjoy that you refer to me as "chick with a bush" :rolleyes: :D and yes, the asshole did a-okay on the support. He even recruited back up....my mom came and took care of me for awhile...he'll get payback eventually :devil: :D

BarryMac
03-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I do enjoy that you refer to me as "chick with a bush" :rolleyes: :D and yes, the asshole did a-okay on the support. He even recruited back up....my mom came and took care of me for awhile...he'll get payback eventually :devil: :D
you know you love my nickname for you. :D :D
Not sure why you want to pay him back, I heard he's worthless and weak... :D :rolleyes:

BshyBvrGirl
03-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Not sure why you want to pay him back, I heard he's worthless and weak... :D :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
ouch...that hurts :D

Tom Brown
03-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Congratulations, BBG. :) :) :)

BshyBvrGirl
03-15-2007, 04:57 PM
you know, I always feel a little extra special when I hear from TB :)
Thank you all for the well wishes. It's been a fantastic week and an better weekend ahead :D

BshyBvrGirl
03-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Glad to hear! Thanks for the update. Any word on the interview?
I was offered the position yesterday...and have accepted.
That's right ya'll....BshyBvrGirl is your new neighbor! In a little more than 3 weeks, I will be calling AZ home :D Be sure to stop by and say hello :)

BarryMac
03-21-2007, 10:44 AM
was offered the position yesterday...and have accepted.
That's right ya'll....BshyBvrGirl is your new neighbor! In a little more than 3 weeks, I will be calling AZ home :D Be sure to stop by and say hello :)
Oh crap, there goes the SouthWest... :D :D
Congrats on your new job, hoping for years of success and happiness for you...