PDA

View Full Version : Rhino crash in Banning hills

BOBALOO
03-14-2007, 08:48 PM
I was working up in the hills of Banning today between thee 10 fwy and Hemet and came across 4 Rhinos stopped on a hill. 1 was on it's side and I was told the guy in it stuck his leg out when he started to roll and " it was barely hanging on " .
We offered them help but they had already called one of the guys brother and he got ahold of the paramedics/ambulance for them.
I did not take pix out of respect but the flipped one was the new silver color and one of the others was camo with a winch and a-arm guards.
I hope the guy comes out ok and want to remind everyone to be careful out there in the boats and off road vehicles. An AWESOME day cruising with your buddies can turn terriible VERY quickly.

Kilrtoy
03-14-2007, 08:55 PM
I would have taken a pic anyways,
your too nice

BOBALOO
03-14-2007, 09:00 PM
what is a "rhino" and where is "banning-hills" ??:jawdrop:
4 legged animal and the rich part of Banning:D

Kilrtoy
03-14-2007, 09:01 PM
what is a "rhino" and where is "banning-hills" ??:jawdrop:
Secret spy photos of the roll over
http://carpofolo.canalblog.com/albums/clin_d_oeil/m-rhino.jpg

djunkie
03-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Heres the story.
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=102961

Kilrtoy
03-14-2007, 09:11 PM
WOW that sounds really bad.....
and to think people drive around with out back cages or even front roll cages and helmets in these things

Magic34
03-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Dman, 30 miles. He must have been hurt for an hour before medical help arrived.

BOBALOO
03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
They were only 5 miles from the 243/Poppet Flats turnoff. We passed the ambulance halfway between them and the road. It was 5 miles or 20 minutes on the dirt road.
The guys seemed really calm, the story on Glamis Dunes is the one I'm talking about. Thanks for the link DJ.

BOBALOO
03-14-2007, 09:57 PM
so the 07' summer season of "hb-forums" is going to be ............. "banning-hills" is the new "beaumont" ????? :rolleyes: looking forward to that :sqeyes:
I dont think the hills have anything to boast about, unless the Del Taco counts:D

Kilrtoy
03-14-2007, 09:58 PM
What are you doing up, you need some rest
i heard SWEET BABY JESUS is stopping by tommorrow night
for a pre party, to the BIG party:D

BOBALOO
03-14-2007, 10:02 PM
What are you doing up, you need some rest
i heard SWEET BABY JESUS is stopping by tommorrow night
for a pre party, to the BIG party:D
Sweet 12oz baby Jesus? I have NO IDEA what you are talking about;)
I heard EL DIABLO was making an appearance:eek:
I met this girl, her name was tina...............

Kilrtoy
03-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Sweet 12oz baby Jesus? I have NO IDEA what you are talking about;)
I heard EL DIABLO was making an appearance:eek:
I met this girl, her name was tina...............
No she will be in on friday night on some sort of CRAZY PARTY TRAIN, you beter no be on the tracks, cuz she was on a roll last saturday all day and night
until then lets pray
http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=bst&media=WAVS&type=Movies&movie=Talladega_Nights_The_Ballad_Of_Ricky_Bobby&quote=babyjesus.txt&file=babyjesus.wav

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I knew that it was a matter of time before I would be reading stuff like this about rhinos!

lewiville
03-14-2007, 11:39 PM
sorry to hear that, hope tings are going to be ok

djunkie
03-15-2007, 02:24 AM
I knew that it was a matter of time before I would be reading stuff like this about rhinos!
There have been many accidents and even deaths. BUT, like in anything there are risks you take. Boating can be just as dangerous. Unfortunately this could have been prevented if the guy had leg protection on it. The first things I recomend to everybody that buys one of these things is 5 point harness's and leg protection!!!!!!!!!

JetBoatRich
03-15-2007, 04:00 AM
Sucks to hear about this story:sqeyes: hope he has a full and quick recovery

trailerpark_tj
03-15-2007, 06:14 AM
I was working up in the hills of Banning today between thee 10 fwy and Hemet and came across 4 Rhinos stopped on a hill. 1 was on it's side and I was told the guy in it stuck his leg out when he started to roll and " it was barely hanging on " .
We offered them help but they had already called one of the guys brother and he got ahold of the paramedics/ambulance for them.
I did not take pix out of respect but the flipped one was the new silver color and one of the others was camo with a winch and a-arm guards.
I hope the guy comes out ok and want to remind everyone to be careful out there in the boats and off road vehicles. An AWESOME day cruising with your buddies can turn terriible VERY quickly.
Thanks for the safety advice Officer Bob :rolleyes: .

BOBALOO
03-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the safety advice Officer Bob :rolleyes: .
I was referring to you putting on the wig and cutoff jean shorts:D

Kilrtoy
03-15-2007, 07:17 AM
I was referring to you putting on the wig and cutoff jean shorts:D
OH LORD, you forgot his tucan

Baja Big Dog
03-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Leg protection...went squirrel hunting this weekend and a buddy had his Rhino...went through some tricky little ruts and gully's, must have seen him stick his leg out at least 10 times, scary stuff.
No problem for the polaris.............

Havasu_Dreamin
03-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Hope the guy that jacked his foot up is ok.....
where is "banning-hills" ??:jawdrop:
No kidding? Since when did the Valley of the Dirt People get high class? LMAO :D
HD<-----lives in the 909 but the LA County portion of the 909. :)

boatnam2
03-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Leg protection...went squirrel hunting this weekend and a buddy had his Rhino...went through some tricky little ruts and gully's, must have seen him stick his leg out at least 10 times, scary stuff.
No problem for the polaris.............
i would ask his dumbass if his leg is worth 130 bucks.

Ziggy
03-15-2007, 10:41 AM
There have been many accidents and even deaths. BUT, like in anything there are risks you take. Boating can be just as dangerous. Unfortunately this could have been prevented if the guy had leg protection on it. The first things I recomend to everybody that buys one of these things is 5 point harness's and leg protection!!!!!!!!!
DJ, this type of convo has been repeated a jillion times already and opinions vary just as rampetly. You know and have experienced the negative before in your life and take the approppriate measures to protect yourself whereas others are in ignorant bliss of safety devices believing they "should" be OK if they have an accident, or more like believe they would never even have an instance where they'd think they'll be in this situation.
The best you can do is keep reminding(as you have) people to put these safety features on their Rhino's if they intend to use it in a manner outside of farming.
Sure hope this fellow is going to be OK and upgrades his Hippo before going out again.