PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Asap Re: Its Power Steering Problems

DILLIGAF
03-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Please call Rick (Nodigg) ASAP concerning some problems he is having with his ITS power steering with a 525. It is losing fluid and casing a lack of steering. You can reach him at 928-706-6020
He is needing help right away.
Thanks

DILLIGAF
03-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Bump!

wsuwrhr
03-15-2007, 11:16 AM
If I had any ideas I would help, no doubt.
Sorry
If he needs some parts machined up or O-rings sent out, I'll be the first guy to help out.
Brian

DILLIGAF
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
If I had any ideas I would help, no doubt.
Sorry
If he needs some parts machined up or O-rings sent out, I'll be the first guy to help out.
Brian
He has mentioned it might be something with an O ring. Cheeta has said it needs to go to a Mercruiser Certified shop or something to that effect. We are taking the boat out today, adding some more fluid and hoping for the best. Not my ideal boat ride but......He is going out with or without us so we will go to assist if we are needed. He won't be running at any high speeds though.

phebus
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Tom, I just talked to Rick, and he's heading up to Absolute right now. Aron or Brian will get him fixed up. I'm heading down to launch, and I head past Absolute, I'll stop by if you need anything. I just PM'd you my cell if you don't have it.
Rick

Not So Fast
03-15-2007, 11:20 AM
I've heard some things about the ITS system not being that great???? The one thing you dont want f--ing up in a boat at 80 mph is the steering so I hope he gets it figured out. NSF

DILLIGAF
03-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Tom, I just talked to Rick, and he's heading up to Absolute right now. Aron or Brian will get him fixed up. I'm heading down to launch, and I head past Absolute, I'll stop by if you need anything. I just PM'd you my cell if you don't have it.
Rick
Thanks, I will be down there in a bit....

phebus
03-15-2007, 11:22 AM
I just left there after dropping off beer, so they should be in a good mood.

phebus
03-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh yeah, Havasu Sucks!!!!:)

Inked
03-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I dont know shizzle, but BUMP to get that thingy fixed son.... Halla Leau, Halla Back:confused:

slink
03-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Bazooka Bubble gum and duct tape.............................it works for McGyver:D :D

DILLIGAF
03-15-2007, 02:33 PM
He is going to try bleeding the setup and that may solve the problem. Absolute and Savage took a peek at it and couldn't find anything wrong with it. It could be as simple as an air bubble. I am sure it is probably something simple. Thanks for trying to help out everybody.

Magic34
03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
He is going to try bleeding the setup and that may solve the problem. Absolute and Savage took a peek at it and couldn't find anything wrong with it. It could be as simple as an air bubble. I am sure it is probably something simple. Thanks for trying to help out everybody.
That happened to mine. I kept adding fluid but it would pump fluid back out the little plastic holding tank. They need to purge/bleed it and all will be OK.
When this happened, I had zero power steering, but continued to use the boat all weekend.
EDIT: This was on my 34 cat with the ITS system.

dicudmore
03-15-2007, 05:44 PM
I've heard some things about the ITS system not being that great???? The one thing you dont want f--ing up in a boat at 80 mph is the steering so I hope he gets it figured out. NSF
its not so fun at 90 either :rolleyes: :wink: :D

phebus
03-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Loose wingnut behind the wheel? :)

Todd969
03-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Loose wingnut behind the wheel? :)
LMAO, you said wingnut:D ;)

Not So Fast
03-15-2007, 05:56 PM
its not so fun at 90 either :rolleyes: :wink: :D
Damn showoff :D NSF

Kilrtoy
03-15-2007, 06:01 PM
UM why does he not call cheetah to fix it

Havasu1986
03-15-2007, 06:59 PM
See post #4 :)

3 daytona`s
03-15-2007, 07:06 PM
You must understand - does not matter if he bought it from Cheetah Take it to Merc. LOL You know service after the sale.:)

nodigg
03-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks go out to all who tried to help. First stop was Cheetah and they dropped everything they were doing getting ready for the boat show in Havi to try to find the problem. KUDOS!
Having no Mercury Mechanic on site however they sent me towards Mercury mechanics for a look see. After stops for info at Alco, Savage and Absolute I was left with no solid answers. All agreed the install looked correct at first glance. All did offer to have me leave it and check it out later. Absolute did take time to advise me on a bleed procedure which I performed and seemed to solve the problem until the next morning when before leaving the house I opened the hatch and found the quart of ATF I had put in the previous night had burped back out of the resevoir. STRANGE. Anyway, we took it out and I was carefull and we had a great day! (Dilligaf and I had to rope it back on the trailer that night though)
The next day, Saturday, I went down to Prestige! (edit) and he knew right away what the problem was. Seems there is a service bulletin on the ITS bleeding process. He offered to fix Monday. Went back to the house, down loaded the service bulletin and WALLA!. Problem fixed.
Again, thanks to everyone who offered help.

phebus
03-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Where's Progressive, or do you mean Prestige?
Glad you got it fixed, and it's a beautifull boat.

nodigg
03-18-2007, 04:08 PM
DAMMIT! Yup Prestige! Sorry we missed you guys but thanks for the help you offered!

phebus
03-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Yep, Chris runs a very nice shop, and he just recieved his Mercury certification. Great guy, great shop. There is room for several quality boat repair facilities, and luckily for those needing service, there are a few really good shops with young energetic owners and employees.

DILLIGAF
03-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Had the same friggin' thing happen to me yesterday on Mohave :(. With a little wind and so forth I did manage to get it in the slip after spinning around a few times. Not fun at speed to find out you have no steering :(. I am glad the launch was clear this AM so I could get the boat on the trailer by myself. Make sure to send me that bulletin Rick.
SOB!

nodigg
03-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Had the same friggin' thing happen to me yesterday on Mohave :(. With a little wind and so forth I did manage to get it in the slip after spinning around a few times. Not fun at speed to find out you have no steering :(. I am glad the launch was clear this AM so I could get the boat on the trailer by myself. Make sure to send me that bulletin Rick.
SOB!
Try this link
http://www.go-fast.com/manuals/its.pdf

Magic34
03-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks go out to all who tried to help. First stop was Cheetah and they dropped everything they were doing getting ready for the boat show in Havi to try to find the problem. KUDOS!
Having no Mercury Mechanic on site however they sent me towards Mercury mechanics for a look see. After stops for info at Alco, Savage and Absolute I was left with no solid answers. All agreed the install looked correct at first glance. All did offer to have me leave it and check it out later. Absolute did take time to advise me on a bleed procedure which I performed and seemed to solve the problem until the next morning when before leaving the house I opened the hatch and found the quart of ATF I had put in the previous night had burped back out of the resevoir. STRANGE. Anyway, we took it out and I was carefull and we had a great day! (Dilligaf and I had to rope it back on the trailer that night though)
The next day, Saturday, I went down to Prestige! (edit) and he knew right away what the problem was. Seems there is a service bulletin on the ITS bleeding process. He offered to fix Monday. Went back to the house, down loaded the service bulletin and WALLA!. Problem fixed.
Again, thanks to everyone who offered help.
Same thing happened on my ITS setup on my last boat. Easy fix if you know what you are doing, which I do not.