PDA

View Full Version : pool maintenance

SHOTKALLIN
03-15-2007, 01:11 PM
getting the pool ready for spring. I have a cloudy build up on my pool tile where the spa spills into the pool. Is this calcium? Hard water stains? Anyway the question is how do I get this crap off with out messing up the tile? I guess I should have got the white tile.:D

That Guy
03-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Calcium build-up...virtually impossible to stop in Havasu. I have a guy come out and clean it twice a year...they do some sort of bead blasting that doesn't hurt the tile but takes it right off....One of the pool guys on here can give you a more scientific take on things....or even better yet a way that this can be prevented or minimized...?

Riomouse911
03-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Get a pumice stone or two at the store.. every time you take a dip, scrub a few tiles. Saves money over paying someone a ton of cash

jscarab
03-15-2007, 04:09 PM
If your in Havasu give me a call, Dezart Elegance pool tile cleaning. I'll give ya a free quote. We do glass bead tile cleaning and also acid washing if you have staining. I know there is a lot of debate over this but your best bet is to have your water drained each year:( :( . We have alot of minerals in our water right from the start (anybody try to wash your boat at home in havi??), and with evaperation mineral content starts to go thru the roof. I know that there are lots of opinions on this, talking from a tile cleaning point of view. We can clean the tile with or without your pool full of water. PM me or give me a call 928-453-2313 Dezart Elegance Pool Tile Cleaning........Jesse

bead
03-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Try BIODEX 300. You can find it at your local pool store or go online @www.pools.com and look under chemicals or tile. the best way is by bead blasting it with a glass bead . Ask your pool store if they can recommend someone for your area. Most likly your pool water is old . You should drain your pool every 5 years or at least halfway and refill it . take a sample of your tap water and your pool water( not mixed) and take it to the pool store and have them check it for hardness.

DMOORE
03-15-2007, 05:04 PM
I use pool acid. Put it in a spray bottle, put on some rubber gloves and use a pumice stone. It will eat right through the calcium, and correct the PH.
Darrell.

SHOTKALLIN
03-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Try BIODEX 300. You can find it at your local pool store or go online @www.pools.com and look under chemicals or tile. the best way is by bead blasting it with a glass bead . Ask your pool store if they can recommend someone for your area. Most likly your pool water is old . You should drain your pool every 5 years or at least halfway and refill it . take a sample of your tap water and your pool water( not mixed) and take it to the pool store and have them check it for hardness.
I will check this stuff out. pool is only 2 years old. salt water. It gets so hot here i have to add water every three days. I doubt that the water is old.
I guessing you would need to drain the pool to bead blast it?

SHOTKALLIN
03-16-2007, 11:22 AM
I use pool acid. Put it in a spray bottle, put on some rubber gloves and use a pumice stone. It will eat right through the calcium, and correct the PH.
Darrell.
does this scratch your tile?

uvindex
03-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I guessing you would need to drain the pool to bead blast it?jscarab's post above (talking about bead blasting) says, "We can clean the tile with or without your pool full of water." :)

Outnumbered
03-16-2007, 12:09 PM
USE BEAD BLASTING!
Pumice will scratch tile. Acid will eat your grout out.

ROZ
03-16-2007, 02:45 PM
If you don't need to have all your tile cleaned and just need to clear the deposits around a water feature or spillway, use the biodex and do it yourself. If your whole pool needs to be done, hire a bead blaster. Time....
Acid will work, but be careful how you handle it. For very small areas(like the sides below a water feature) I usually apply it to my tile brush and clean just the tile and wash it off immediately...If I use a lot, I toss sodium bicarbonate on it and then rinse it off... I usually do a little at a time...

bead
03-16-2007, 02:52 PM
or a cheaper method is a little acid with tile soap stir real well until its super thick ( like 2 or 3 cap fullls of acid ) use tile scruber ( brillow pad ) and gloves , let sit for a few minutes . clean with water.

riverroyal
03-16-2007, 07:55 PM
If you don't need to have all your tile cleaned and just need to clear the deposits around a water feature or spillway, use the biodex and do it yourself. If your whole pool needs to be done, hire a bead blaster. Time....
Acid will work, but be careful how you handle it. For very small areas(like the sides below a water feature) I usually apply it to my tile brush and clean just the tile and wash it off immediately...If I use a lot, I toss sodium bicarbonate on it and then rinse it off... I usually do a little at a time...
you?