PDA

View Full Version : How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

Ken F
03-15-2007, 05:20 PM
1 to change the light bulb and two post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
7 more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
5 to flame the spell checkers.
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
15 to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.
19 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.
11 to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for
this technique and what brands are faulty.
7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.
1 to lock thread because a thread was posted about light bulbs before.
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
1 to move light bulb thread to the proper light bulb forum
13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting threads/questions about light bulbs"
3 to tell a funny story about their chickens and a light bulb.
1 group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

maxwedge
03-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Classic:D
...But you forgot the part about using light bulbs to keep engine blocks from freezing.

IMPATIENT 1
03-15-2007, 05:45 PM
lol, got most of it though!

Some Kind Of Monster
03-15-2007, 05:45 PM
And...
1 to make a useless analogy that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
Congratulations! :D

boatgonewild
03-15-2007, 06:04 PM
In response to that... 1. Were going to the lake in 90s degree, has yours thawed at yet...
2. What you typed had to take you 2hrs to type, would have really been worthy if there were pics.....:D :D
Just another dumb sparky in the forum boys...

cave
03-15-2007, 07:01 PM
I need help with florescent bulbs. Anyone out there able to help? TIA

boatgonewild
03-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Heck no,I`z just got fired from my new high payin job, says I cants figuer out my route, .... Thats the best elervater operator job I ever did have....
Sorr y Cuz....

79centurion
03-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Cave, you need LEDs:D
Dan

cave
03-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks Dan I knew I came to the right place:D

Squirtcha?
03-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Cave, you need LEDs:D
Dan
Thanks Dan I knew I came to the right place:D
Alright wise guys..............take it to the light emitting diode forum.

El Prosecutor
03-15-2007, 07:58 PM
It depends if you are going to change 'em "on the trailer". Oh, and
Heaven forbid if the bulb is going on an Olds or anything with a Panther pump!

CARLSON-JET
03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
What is a light bulb? Who sels them and how much? Will I gain another 10mph if I add a light bulb?

4604me
03-15-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't understand, could you put some light on this subject

AzMandella
03-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Ok let's get this straight.It takes one Tucsonan and 10 Phoenicians.:D :D

Rondane
03-15-2007, 10:11 PM
What is a light bulb? Who sels them and how much? Will I gain another 10mph if I add a light bulb?
The only place! www.hi-techperformance.com has'em in stock! Must be kenny got the day off over there and figured he'd work on his copy-n-paste.:rolleyes: That was really insightful kenny, thanks. :D
Ronn

shueman
03-15-2007, 10:17 PM
5 to bash the brand / mfg of the bulbs :D

OverKill
03-15-2007, 11:27 PM
And God said let there be light!!!:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
03-16-2007, 12:06 AM
The only place! www.hi-techperformance.com has'em in stock! Must be kenny got the day off over there and figured he'd work on his copy-n-paste.:rolleyes: That was really insightful kenny, thanks. :D
Ronn
And one jack@$$ troll who doesn't even have lights to tell you your supplier ripped you off by not purchasing the lightbulb (or light bulb) where he thinks you should have bought them.:idea:

comin' unscrewed
03-16-2007, 05:38 AM
How many to report to the mods that this doesn't belong in Just Jets?
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
19 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.
11 to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for
4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting threads/questions about light bulbs"
1 group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

El Prosecutor
03-16-2007, 06:10 AM
Did you know that light bulbs don't really emit light at all?
Actually, they create an electric charge in the filament that attracts hidden light IN from the "dark" surrounding area. Think about it; a few feet away from the bulb you can't even feel the heat from the light. The closer you get to the bulb the more heat you feel, to the point that the surface of a 100 watt bulb can reach over 250 degrees. That is because all the heat being pulled in from the room is concentrated toward the filament inside the bulb. :idea:

boatgonewild
03-16-2007, 06:51 AM
I totally dont know what he just said, But I want one.......If A flashlight, dont flash, why dont they call it a bulblight...:confused:

Tahiti350
03-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Damm, Ya'all change the bulbs when they burn out??? We just roll another trailer in and swap the power cord over....
Darn non-Redneck's, gotta learn them everything....

jetboat
03-16-2007, 09:47 AM
all of the above!

cxr133
03-16-2007, 10:24 AM
5 to bash the brand / mfg of the bulbs :D
What about 3-5 asking you to post pics of your wifes rack next to a lightbulb

boatgonewild
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Hey I got a big box of bulbs, fuses, all burnt, and broke but you can have em. P.s Lookig for another trailer, got a bulb stopped lightin...
I would like to see a pic of someones wife,up on a 5 gal bucket changing bulbs, Yah Doggy:D

Classic Daycruiser
03-16-2007, 01:04 PM
None are needed, since this is a just jets thread, and you know them jeters...their scared of the dark:D :D :D

OverKill
03-16-2007, 01:47 PM
So why do you park in a drive way, and drive in a parkway???

SmokinLowriderSS
03-16-2007, 01:58 PM
I would like to see a pic of someones wife,up on a 5 gal bucket, in a thong and pasties, changing bulbs, Yah Doggy:D
You forgot a couple things, so I helped ya out. :D

minnesota_duane
03-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Question How many women does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer None, they will sit in the dark and bitch untill you do it!

Wet Dream
03-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Hilarity

Unchained
03-25-2007, 11:04 AM
I would have been one of the ones who said,
"Those old style bulbs are from the 70's, you should replace it with a new LED bulb and then monitor the lighting output with a meter that updates every second".
Good one Ken. :D

EAZYKILLER2006
03-25-2007, 11:07 AM
i luv you...just what the boards needed...a funny ass shait to read...THANKS YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!:devil: