PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers vs. nuggets.

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
The Lakers finally have their starting line up together again. They have only played a total of 6 games together all season and their record is 5-1. They are looking pretty damn good right now. Luke Walton is definitely the difference maker they have been missing. They are also showing their depth again, with Bynum, Turiaf, Farmar, Evans, Shammond all coming off the bench. They are only missing Mihm and Radman now. All the haters are about to be shoooshed! Once this team gets a little healthier! :D

fleetimus
03-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Go Nuggets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Go Nuggets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you from Denver? :confused:

fleetimus
03-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Nope, I am a disgruntled Kings fan. The only thing better than the Kings winning( which is not a high probability) is the LA Kobies losing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Nope, I am a disgruntled Kings fan. The only thing better than the Kings winning( which is not a high probability) is the LA Kobies losing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see, well...I would be going for the Lakers if I were you, the kings have a shot of running down Denver still. :) The Lakers are about to close out the season in 6th, the 7th and 8th are all you can have! :)

fleetimus
03-15-2007, 08:15 PM
If the Kings make the playoffs, great!! My only joy will be the LA Kobies getting knocked out the first round!!!!!!!!!!

HCS
03-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Phuck the Lakers and the Nuggets. :D

JB in so cal
03-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm gonna puke. The Lakers REALLY, REALLY suck...

AzMandella
03-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah their looking great right now.:D Little more than 5 min left and down by 18.:jawdrop:

BajaMike
03-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah their looking great right now.:D Little more than 5 min left and down by 18.:jawdrop:
3:31 to go.....Lakers 82.....Denver 107....nice job Kobe!!:idea:
Miami won tonight.....:jawdrop:
Go Shaq and the Heat!!:D
:D :D

Jordy
03-15-2007, 09:13 PM
GO LAKERS!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Lakers are about to close out the season in 6th, the 7th and 8th are all you can have! :)
And you know there will be more threads like this. Pretty proud of 6th place huh??? Did I mention, GO LAKERS!!!! HA HA HA!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :)
p.s. INSERT EXCUSES HERE------> :notam:

AzMandella
03-15-2007, 09:15 PM
The Lakers finally have their starting line up together again. They have only played a total of 6 games together all season and their record is 5-1. They are looking pretty damn good right now. Luke Walton is definitely the difference maker they have been missing. They are also showing their depth again, with Bynum, Turiaf, Farmar, Evans, Shammond all coming off the bench. They are only missing Mihm and Radman now. All the haters are about to be shoooshed! Once this team gets a little healthier! :D
What did you do?Start counting your chickens in the 1st qtr.Go Suns!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AzMandella
03-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Tell them to come on down to Phoenix for a real thrashing.:D
And you know there will be more threads like this. Pretty proud of 6th place huh??? Did I mention, GO LAKERS!!!! HA HA HA!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :)
But But But the refs screwed us.:rolleyes:

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 09:17 PM
The loses are coming to an end. The key is the nucleus is back in tact, and they will be able to hold it down.
The Lakers finally have their starting line up together again. They have only played a total of 6 games together all season and their record is 5-1.
All the haters are about to be shoooshed! Once this team gets a little healthier!

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 09:18 PM
What did you do?Start counting your chickens in the 1st qtr.Go Suns!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The suns will be out by the second round again, they never do anything. :)

AzMandella
03-15-2007, 09:19 PM
The loses are coming to an end. The key is the nucleus is back in tact, and they will be able to hold it down.
You keep telling yourself that.:rolleyes:

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 09:20 PM
I will...have been every year actually. :D

AzMandella
03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Well it's over.RIP Lakers. Let's see 7 looses in a raow including their worst loss at home in history.:D :D :D :D

Jordy
03-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey, stop hating!!! We're ABOUT to be shooooooshed. I just hope he lets us know when it happens as I would hate to miss it!!! :D :D :D
Wow, some streak they Lakers are on!!! 6 in a row!!!
.............W...L.. %..GB..Home....RD.....CONF..Streak
LA Lakers 33 31 .516 17 20-11 13-20 19-15 Lost 6
But hey, they're 5-1 with their good players all playing.... and a frog wouldn't drag his ass when he hopped if he had wings... 17 Games Behind!!! GO LAKERS!!!! :jawdrop:

dmontzsta
Well it's over.RIP Lakers. Let's see 7 looses in a raow including their worst loss at home in history.:D :D :D :D
Guess what? They are still in the playoff hunt, the record means jack when the season closes! ;) phoenix will have their hands full with any team, hell the clippers even broke them off in the second round last year! lol.

Jordy
He's a raider nation fan too!!!! Didn't the Cardinals end up with a better record than the Raiders this year as well???? :eek:

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey, stop hating!!! We're ABOUT to be shooooooshed. I just hope he lets us know when it happens as I would hate to miss it!!! :D :D :D
Wow, some streak they Lakers are on!!! 6 in a row!!!
.............W...L.. %..GB..Home....RD.....CONF..Streak
LA Lakers 33 31 .516 17 20-11 13-20 19-15 Lost 6
But hey, they're 5-1 with their good players all playing.... and a frog wouldn't drag his ass when he hopped if he had wings... 17 Games Behind!!! GO LAKERS!!!! :jawdrop:
Wow, you are a real NBA fan, keep talking about that record.
Lets talk about them suns come playoff time!!! :D

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 09:24 PM
He's a raider nation fan too!!!! Didn't the Cardinals end up with a better record than the Raiders this year as well???? :eek:
Thats different...this year they will win the championship!:rolleyes: ;)

Jordy
03-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Thats different...this year they will win the championship!:rolleyes: ;)
No way!!! The Cards were supposed to do that last season with the new stadium!!! They have sucked all those 20+ years because they've been playing in a college stadium. Don't 'chu know nothing??? :D :D :D

Jordy
03-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Wow, you are a real NBA fan
Yeah, and I'm looking forward to getting more betting tips from you on upcoming games too!!! :D :D :D
I figure whatever you pick, I'll bet HUGE on the opposite and rake it in. Then I can get bigger than 20's on my truck and 22's on my car with the winnings, oh, and I'll start a big thank you/dedication thread to you!!!!!! :D :D :D

AzMandella
03-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Guess what? They are still in the playoff hunt, the record means jack when the season closes! ;) phoenix will have their hands full with any team, hell the clippers even broke them off in the second round last year! lol.
Hell they might just be in the hunt for the playoffs.:sleeping: Good thing almost half the NBA makes it to the playoffs.Gives the good teams someone to beat up on for a warmup.:D :D

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, and I'm looking forward to getting more betting tips from you on upcoming games too!!! :D :D :D
I figure whatever you pick, I'll bet HUGE on the opposite and rake it in. Then I can get bigger than 20's on my truck and 22's on my car with the winnings, oh, and I'll start a big thank you/dedication thread to you!!!!!! :D :D :D
Here is a tip, dont put any money on the suns making it past the second round this year. Now go whip out your credit card and buy those wheels, you will be able to pay it off come the second round. :D

BadKachina
03-15-2007, 09:32 PM
No way!!! The Cards were supposed to do that last season with the new stadium!!! They have sucked all those 20+ years because they've been playing in a college stadium. Don't 'chu know nothing??? :D :D :D
Don't worry, this year will be better. They fired Denny and brought in a big name coach. Does anybody remember his name????????? Another great move by the Bidwelloosers. Lets not spend some real money and get a proven head coach in here. What the Cardinals need is another season ticket rate hike to really allienate the fans.........
Go Cards................ (back to St. Louis.):rolleyes:

AzMandella
03-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Maybe if Kobe takes off some more heads he can help eliminate the competition.:rolleyes: Come to think off it maybe if he assrapes another towelgirl at the hotel his game will improve.:devil:

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Hell they might just be in the hunt for the playoffs.:sleeping: Good thing almost half the NBA makes it to the playoffs.Gives the good teams someone to beat up on for a warmup.:D :D
It is always fun beating on that little ****er Nash! :)
The only thing is, no nash = no suns and you call the Lakers the LA Kobies? lol. Phoenix is the Phoenix nash's.

BadKachina
03-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Here is a tip, dont put any money on the suns making it past the second round this year. Now go whip out your credit card and buy those wheels, you will be able to pay it off come the second round. :D
I'll take your bet, if the Suns go past the second round you put a suns logo in your sig line for the next year. If they don't I'll sport a Lakers badge, and I absolutely hate the Lakers.

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Maybe if Kobe takes off some more heads he can help eliminate the competition.:rolleyes: Come to think off it maybe if he assrapes another towelgirl at the hotel his game will improve.:devil:
He should take out nash's head and assrape that little cantard, then the suns wont be jack shit...:idea: :)

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 09:35 PM
I'll take your bet, if the Suns go past the second round you put a suns logo in your sig line for the next year. If they don't I'll sport a Lakers badge, and I absolutely hate the Lakers.
You got it.:)

AzMandella
03-15-2007, 09:36 PM
He should take out nash's head and assrape that little cantard, then the suns wont be jack shit...:idea: :)
Hell the Lakers arn't jack shit with Kobe.:D

BadKachina
03-15-2007, 09:36 PM
We'll just have Raja Bell teach Kobebean some more manners.:D
Bets on BTW.

dmontzsta
03-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Hell the Lakers arn't jack shit with Kobe.:D
So they both suck then. :D
Except, the Lakers have alot more banners hanging from the rafters.

Jordy
03-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Where do you see the Lakers when playoff time comes??? :jawdrop:
Oh, and based upon your tips so far, I could pick up those blinged out diamonds in the spokes, wheels in a heart beat. Just keep giving us the line. Going for 8 or 10 in the Laker's current streak??? :D
They fired Denny and brought in a big name coach.
Oh, it must be the coach again... 8 or 13 or 73 11 dozen coaches and quarterbacks. One of these days they'll realize that if you don't have an offensive line, for starters, and pretty much everything else sucks as well, the whole team is going to suck, but not as bad as the Raiders!!! :D :D :D
Bring back Rod Tidwell!!! :D

dmontzsta
03-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Where do you see the Lakers when playoff time comes??? :jawdrop:
Oh, and based upon your tips so far, I could pick up those blinged out diamonds in the spokes, wheels in a heart beat. Just keep giving us the line. Going for 8 or 10 in the Laker's current streak??? :D
They have never lost 8 in a row in history.
What a show, watching Kobe drop 65 points, it is nice having a player like that (81 points, 65 points, 62 points) the man snaps NBA records every night. The Lakers won, without Walton since his ankle was sore after playing last night, he could not handle a back to back yet, even though he only played half the game last night.
The Lakers are still missing:
Cook
Walton
Radmanovic
Mihm

AzMandella
03-16-2007, 09:30 PM
and you say the Suns wouldnt be shit without Nash?Hell without Kobe the Lakers would be lucky to score 40 pts in a game.:D

KineticoH20
03-16-2007, 09:47 PM
All I can say is wait til next year. It will be the first Shaq-less year, we will have 30-40 mil to spend. We will only keep Kobe, Walton, Kwame, Bynam, Turriaf, Evans and Vladd:idea: . We trade Lamar for a real point gaurd, and sign Garnet. That still leaves quite a bit of money for signings.

dmontzsta
03-17-2007, 09:38 AM
and you say the Suns wouldnt be shit without Nash?Hell without Kobe the Lakers would be lucky to score 40 pts in a game.:D
The Lakers started the season without Kobe and were undefeated 4-0.
The Suns lost Nash for two games and went 0-2. :)
I bet you the Suns would trade Nash and a few others for Kobe in a heartbeat and be the Phoenix Kobies.

skygod73
03-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Nash is a great player no doubt. I just think he never gets called on being a terrible defender. One thing I don't understand when everyone starts the Nash for MVP stuff, is why did the team he left get better without him? If Bird, Magic, Duncan, or Jordan (other multiple MVP winners) left their teams via free agency would the Celts, Lakers, Spurs, or Bulls have gotten better without them? That's exactly what happened with Dallas.

AzMandella
03-17-2007, 10:18 AM
All I can say is wait til next year. It will be the first Shaq-less year, we will have 30-40 mil to spend. We will only keep Kobe, Walton, Kwame, Bynam, Turriaf, Evans and Vladd:idea: . We trade Lamar for a real point gaurd, and sign Garnet. That still leaves quite a bit of money for signings.
the Lakers better be carefull about signing a deal with a big star like Garnet.We've already seen that Kobe can't handle having to share the spotlight with someone else.Look what happened with Shaq.Kobe whined and cryed that he wasn't getting the ball enough and thats why they wern't winning when beat by the Pistons in the final.So Shaq goes to Miami and wins the championship and the Lakers decline.Hell I'msuprised Phil Jackson came back to coach the Lakers again with that sniviling little crybaby.It's a shame too because he could be the best to have ever played the game if he had Jordans attitude.

BadKachina
03-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Nash is a great player no doubt. I just think he never gets called on being a terrible defender. One thing I don't understand when everyone starts the Nash for MVP stuff, is why did the team he left get better without him? If Bird, Magic, Duncan, or Jordan (other multiple MVP winners) left their teams via free agency would the Celts, Lakers, Spurs, or Bulls have gotten better without them? That's exactly what happened with Dallas.
Are you kidding? That's your arguement for why Nash doesn't deserve to be the MVP? Because his old team is better? That's why they don't let the fans vote for MVP, because it's not a popularity contest. He deserves it as much this year as he did the past two years. There are players on his team that are having career high seasons. Nash is averaging 11.6 assists per game. That adds up to at least 23 pts if they are all two point field goals for his team mates. So he's resposible for his 19.2 points per game plus 23 of his team mates. That's an average of 40+ points per game, they have the second best record in the league and he doesn't deserve MVP as much as anyone else in the league does?

dmontzsta
03-17-2007, 10:59 AM
the Lakers better be carefull about signing a deal with a big star like Garnet.We've already seen that Kobe can't handle having to share the spotlight with someone else.Look what happened with Shaq.Kobe whined and cryed that he wasn't getting the ball enough and thats why they wern't winning when beat by the Pistons in the final.So Shaq goes to Miami and wins the championship and the Lakers decline.Hell I'msuprised Phil Jackson came back to coach the Lakers again with that sniviling little crybaby.It's a shame too because he could be the best to have ever played the game if he had Jordans attitude.
Very true, but Kobe was young and admits he grew up from that situation and said if he had to do it all over again, he would do it differently. He is trying his hardest to make Odom a star, he was pushing for him to be in the All Star game and praises his teammates every chance he gets now.
Also, Shaq went to a good team. Wade, Payton, Haslem, Mourning, Kapono, Williams, Posey the Heat are a deep team all the way down the line.
Surround Kobe with another star or two and he will shine.

AzMandella
03-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Well see.Leopards don't change their spots that easily.It's easy for him act the way he is now because he is trying to help his team mates that are lesser players than him.The true test will be if someone steps in and takes the spotlight away from him.Lately we have seen his frustration with that supposedly unintentional flailing arm(yeah right).He most definately was intentionally trying to hit them.

SHOTKALLIN
03-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Are they really talking to Garnet?:D

SHOTKALLIN
03-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Kobe now understands that it takes at least two "SPECIAL" players to get it done. I hope:rolleyes:

dmontzsta
03-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Well see.Leopards don't change their spots that easily.It's easy for him act the way he is now because he is trying to help his team mates that are lesser players than him.The true test will be if someone steps in and takes the spotlight away from him.Lately we have seen his frustration with that supposedly unintentional flailing arm(yeah right).He most definately was intentionally trying to hit them.
Well, there is tape of Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and Tracy McGrady doing the same exact thing, just recently. Oh yeah and what about Shaq pushing Kidd to the floor and not even saying a thing, that was flagrant, the league lets alot of stuff fly.

eliminatedsprinter
03-17-2007, 01:47 PM
And Jordon's atheltic ability. Kobe is a very athletic player but he is not phisically capable of being the player Jordon was. He is very fast and explosive, but he is not as fast or as explosive as Jordon was. He has also never displayed the strength or stamina of Jordan. He also hasn't been coached as well as Jordan was and he does not know how to play his position or play defense the way Jordan did (There is no Dean Smith coaching in his CV)...Nope, it would take more than a Jordan's attitude, it would also take his body and a few college years under Dean Smith (or John Wooden) to make him as good as Jordan was. I am a Laker guy and I hated how great Jordan was,;) But I am honest enough to admit he was a truely unique combination of attributes, that have not been seen in the NBA since. He was a true world class physical athlete (the most atheltic ever to play basketball) with a sharp mind, a great attitude, and the best coaching available....

dmontzsta
03-17-2007, 03:07 PM
And Jordon's atheltic ability. Kobe is a very athletic player but he is not phisically capable of being the player Jordon was. He is very fast and explosive, but he is not as fast or as explosive as Jordon was. He has also never displayed the strength or stamina of Jordan. He also hasn't been coached as well as Jordan was and he does not know how to play his position or play defense the way Jordan did (There is no Dean Smith coaching in his CV)...Nope, it would take more than a Jordan's attitude, it would also take his body and a few college years under Dean Smith (or John Wooden) to make him as good as Jordan was. I am a Laker guy and I hated how great Jordan was,;) But I am honest enough to admit he was a truely unique combination of attributes, that have not been seen in the NBA since. He was a true world class physical athlete (the most atheltic ever to play basketball) with a sharp mind, a great attitude, and the best coaching available....
Has Jordan ever scored 81 points? Has he even scored 65 points? That takes great strength and stamina to put up that many shots, you are basically doing it all and playing the entire game. Kobe's defense has also been recognize, how many times has he made all team defensensive player? Kobe is pulling Jordan's stats right now at this very moment and he is younger. Jordan was great, but you must give credit to Kobe, Jordan even credits him, the dude is SHATTERING NBA records every night.:)

KineticoH20
03-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Rember it was Shaq that turned down the 90 mil offer because it (WAS NOT THE MAX DEAL) He had been coming into the last 2 seasons overweight, and it was Shaq not Kobe who was acting like a jackass, he was jelous that Kobe was the darling of LA. I thought he was the captain and a seasoned veteran. Kobe was just a kid in his early 20's. So we mortgaged the franchise for 3 years. But next year is the first of a new era. Just look at the payroll and who is off it next year. The Lakers will return to promenance because Dr Buss really wants to win without Shaq.

KineticoH20
03-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Are they really talking to Garnet?:D
It is no secret that Garnet will opt out of his contract next year. It is also known that he and Kobe are tight. Garnet has his money, not that the Lakers won't pay him well, just not what he made in Minn. He needs to come to the LA market where he will thrive in endorsement deals and get out of that hell hole Minn. Imagine a starting lineup of Kobe and a guard to be named later. Garnet and Walton at forward. Kwame at center. When you have 2 guys that need the double team that makes people like Radmoavich really shine. He and Cook will be looking at wide open shots just like the role players that Shaq and Kobe had. We lose Odom, Mc Kie, Williams, Mimm, Parker, Sasha. and keep Turriaf,evans, Vlad, Cook and Bynam. Not sure what to do with Farmar.

KineticoH20
03-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Has Jordan ever scored 81 points? Has he even scored 65 points? That takes great strength and stamina to put up that many shots, you are basically doing it all and playing the entire game. Kobe's defense has also been recognize, how many times has he made all team defensensive player? Kobe is pulling Jordan's stats right now at this very moment and he is younger. Jordan was great, but you must give credit to Kobe, Jordan even credits him, the dude is SHATTERING NBA records every night.:)
Ok i'll give you Jordan was the greatest ever, but Kobe is real close, and like Don said younger with more accomplishments than Jordan at the same age. And stamina OH- PLEASE are you kidding, Kobe Like stated above can go like very few can. Kobe has also won many defense awards.

KineticoH20
03-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Stick to croquet or badmitton and let us big boys talk about basketball:mad:

dmontzsta
03-17-2007, 03:52 PM
It is no secret that Garnet will opt out of his contract next year. It is also known that he and Kobe are tight. Garnet has his money, not that the Lakers won't pay him well, just not what he made in Minn. He needs to come to the LA market where he will thrive in endorsement deals and get out of that hell hole Minn. Imagine a starting lineup of Kobe and a guard to be named later. Garnet and Walton at forward. Kwame at center. When you have 2 guys that need the double team that makes people like Radmoavich really shine. He and Cook will be looking at wide open shots just like the role players that Shaq and Kobe had. We lose Odom, Mc Kie, Williams, Mimm, Parker, Sasha. and keep Turriaf,evans, Vlad, Cook and Bynam. Not sure what to do with Farmar.
Also Garnett lives in Malibu and Shammond Williams is his cousin, that is the whole reason the Lakers took Williams out of the Euro league.
The Lakers will not have to give up much, if they just sign him after he opts out. Imagine a lineup of:
Bynum/(Kwame)/Mihm
Garnett/Kwame/Turiaf
Walton/Radmanovic/Cook
Kobe/Evans/Vujacic
Farmar/Parker/Williams
And room to sign another guard or two.
:D

KineticoH20
03-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Also Garnett lives in Malibu and Shammond Williams is his cousin, that is the whole reason the Lakers took Williams out of the Euro league.
The Lakers will not have to give up much, if they just sign him after he opts out. Imagine a lineup of:
Bynum/(Kwame)/Mihm
Garnett/Kwame/Turiaf
Walton/Radmanovic/Cook
Kobe/Evans/Vujacic
Farmar/Parker/Williams
And room to sign another guard or two.
:D
Sorry but Sasha,Williams, Mimm,Parker and probably Lamar are out!
Well maybe keep Williams if it makes Garnett happy:)

dmontzsta
03-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Sorry but Sasha,Williams, Mimm,Parker and probably Lamar are out!
Well maybe keep Williams if it makes Garnett happy:)
Lamar is signed until 09 though, so why would they get rid of him? They would not have to trade him for Garnett, since they would just sign him straight up. Also, Kobe is absolutely in love with Odom and so is PJ, Odom "Fills the box" as they always say. He is more comfortable at SF, while Garnett plays PF. Mihm might re-sign for not much, since nobody will want him they can probably pick him up for vet minimum and he would take it, cause what else would he do? He is a quality 7 footer coming off the bench, remember he was the Lakers starting center and doing well before he got injured. Sasha still makes rookie money and will probably stay around, they rave about how he never misses in practice. And Parker will probably be gone as soon as the season is over, he is nothing but a problem waiting to happen. He said "I can do what Kobe can, but his shot really impressed me" last night after the game, he really thinks he is some kind of god, just because he was a good player in the euro leagues, I really cant stand that guy.

eliminatedsprinter
03-17-2007, 06:49 PM
What are you talking about??:eek: Jordon was on the NBA 1rst team all defensive team 9 times and defensive player of the year for the 87-88 season, how many times has Kobe? Jordan has led the league in steals 3 times and is #2 in steals all time. Jordan has the NBA record for most blocked shots for a guard. KOBE ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO THE DEFENSIVE PLAYER JORDAN WAS. By this time in Jordon's career he was playing with Pippen and a great team and he did not have to score those kinds of numbers anymore. Jordon's numbers for the first 6 years of his career smoked Kobe's. Jordan's career avg is also higher than Kobe's, Jordan's playoff avg is higher than Kobe's. In Jordon's second year he scored 63 points in a playoff game against the Celtics, a great defensive team (one of the all time great teams as a matter of fact). Kobe has had his high scoring games agianst tomato cans...Jordan was one of the best defensive players (most likely the best) ever to play his positon and he did a lot more without the ball than Kobe does. Not to mention he played a foot higher in the air. Micheal Jordan has 10 NBA scoring titles how many does Kobe have?? Jordan was NBA MVP 5 times, how many times has Kobe??
I love Kobe and the Lakers, but Kobe vs Jordan as an all around player and athelete?? It's not even close. Kobe isn't even the greatest guard in the Lakers history. His scoring is the best, but he may well have to improve his defense and his postition playing ("teamwork") to be a better guard than Jerry West was, for his time, let alone Ervin Magic Johnson.
Jordan played in college and took the time to earn 2 olympic gold medals and of course left the game to play baseball, he also came back as an older player from a second retirement and played 2 seasons as a shadow of himself, yet his career avgs are still better than Kobe's. And Kobe is at his prime right now and he has yet to play his late seasons where all athletes skills and abilities decline and cause their career avgs to fall off.

KineticoH20
03-17-2007, 09:41 PM
What are you talking about??:eek: Jordon was on the NBA 1rst team all defensive team 9 times and defensive player of the year for the 87-88 season, how many times has Kobe? Jordan has led the league in steals 3 times and is #2 in steals all time. Jordan has the NBA record for most blocked shots for a guard. KOBE ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO THE DEFENSIVE PLAYER JORDAN WAS. By this time in Jordon's carreer he was playing with Pippen and a great team and he did not have to score those kinds of numbers anymore. Jordon's numbers for the first 6 years of his carreer smoked Kobe's. Jordan's career avg is also higher than Kobe's, Jordan's playoff avg is higher than Kobe's. In Jordon's second year he scored 63 points in a playoff game against the Celtics, a great defensive team (one of the all time great teams as a matter of fact). Kobe has had his high scoring games agianst tomato cans...Jordan was one of the best defensive players ever to play his positon and he did a lot more without the ball than Kobe does. Not to mention he played a foot higher in the air. Micheal Jordan has 10 NBA scoring titles how many does Kobe have?? Jordan was NBA MVP 5 times, how many times has Kobe??
I love Kobe and the Lakers, but Kobe vs Jordan as an all around player and athelete?? It's not even close. Kobe isn't even the greatest guard in the Lakers history. His scoring is the best, but he will have to improve his defense and his postition playing ("teamwork") to be a better all around player than Jerry West was for his time, let alone Ervin Magic Johnson.
Ok lets get into this, Dallas is no tomato can, and he scored 62 in 3 qtrs. Secondly if it wasn't for Kobe comming into the league out of high school and scoring less than 20 ppg his first 3 years he would have a higher scoring average than Jordan. Kobe has the same free throw %. Both have about the same blocks per game and steals while Jordan has a slight edge there. Both have the same turn over rate. jerry West was my idol, and i rarely missed a game since I was 5 but if you think he was better than Kobe you really should lay off the mushrooms. Kobe has been first team defensive 4 times Jordan 7 in his entire career. Bottom line they are stat wise very similar players and kobe is still in the prime of his life. And while the past 3 seasons he has been playing with scrubs hid next 6 or seven will have 2 or more championships I guarrantee. So if you hate Kobe just say so but your post is full of holes.

AzMandella
03-17-2007, 10:34 PM
You know I kinda started this whole Jordan Kobe comparison and I think I pissed off the LA area contingency.But Kobe will never have the class Jordan has!Compared to Jordan he is no more than a little punk.Kobe may have simmilar stats that don't quite equal Jordan's.But Kobe will never be half the man or leader Jordan was and is.I know you guys from the LA area are the center of the universe as far as you are concerned and the rest of us live in a fantasy world but you keep on deluting yourself.But as far as I'm concerned Shaq was the main ingrediant that made the Lakers champions.Kobe may score 60+ points in a game but alot of that has to due with the fact he is surrounded with maybe a little more than average players.I'm sure if Jordan didn't have Scotty Pippen and Dennis Rodman and support players like Steve Kerr he would have been scoring 80 points in a game.The plain truth is Kobe has the talent and nobody to support him like Jordan so he has to score more now.When Shaq was there he wasn't scoring like he does now.

KineticoH20
03-18-2007, 12:06 AM
You know I kinda started this whole Jordan Kobe comparison and I think I pissed off the LA area contingency.But Kobe will never have the class Jordan has!Compared to Jordan he is no more than a little punk.Kobe may have simmilar stats that don't quite equal Jordan's.But Kobe will never be half the man or leader Jordan was and is.I know you guys from the LA area are the center of the universe as far as you are concerned and the rest of us live in a fantasy world but you keep on deluting yourself.But as far as I'm concerned Shaq was the main ingrediant that made the Lakers champions.Kobe may score 60+ points in a game but alot of that has to due with the fact he is surrounded with maybe a little more than average players.I'm sure if Jordan didn't have Scotty Pippen and Dennis Rodman and support players like Steve Kerr he would have been scoring 80 points in a game.The plain truth is Kobe has the talent and nobody to support him like Jordan so he has to score more now.When Shaq was there he wasn't scoring like he does now.
11/19 UPDATE: Jordan's ex-lover fires back at NBA star.
Basketball star Michael Jordan has acknowledged paying an ex-lover $250,000 in hush money to keep details of their extramarital affair confidential, according to a lawsuit filed today (10/23) by the superstar athlete. Jordan, 39, is suing Karla Knafel, whom the athlete claims is now trying to extort additional payoffs from him in connection with their decade-old affair. Jordan's bombshell lawsuit, which you'll find below, was filed in Illinois Circuit Court. Jordan claims that Knafel, whom he initially paid $250,000 "under threat of publicly exposing that relationship," has recently sought an additional $5 million.
It is also aledged that his father was killed over his gambling debts. He is in the midst of running another franchise into the ground. And has been described as a lousy teammate who runs off to gamble between playoff games. So while he was the greatest player of his size ever, lets brng him down off the high pedistal. Just because corprate america pimped him doesn't mean you have to. YEP he sure was a good man and leader, Im glad Kobe is half the man he is. If it wasn't for Pippen Jordan might have 1 or 2 rings and thats a fact.

DILLIGAF
03-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Don is sure in a lot of pain these days as he watches his Lakers go down....You are in some kind of fantasy world

KineticoH20
03-18-2007, 02:36 AM
Don is sure in a lot of pain these days as he watches his Lakers go down....You are in some kind of fantasy world
The utopian fantasy world is being a Clipper fan:2purples:

dmontzsta
03-18-2007, 06:25 AM
Basketball star Michael Jordan has acknowledged paying an ex-lover $250,000 in hush money to keep details of their extramarital affair confidential, according to a lawsuit filed today (10/23) by the superstar athlete. Jordan, 39, is suing Karla Knafel, whom the athlete claims is now trying to extort additional payoffs from him in connection with their decade-old affair. Jordan's bombshell lawsuit, which you'll find below, was filed in Illinois Circuit Court. Jordan claims that Knafel, whom he initially paid $250,000 "under threat of publicly exposing that relationship," has recently sought an additional $5 million.
It is also aledged that his father was killed over his gambling debts. He is in the midst of running another franchise into the ground. And has been described as a lousy teammate who runs off to gamble between playoff games. So while he was the greatest player of his size ever, lets brng him down off the high pedistal. Just because corprate america pimped him doesn't mean you have to. YEP he sure was a good man and leader, Im glad Kobe is half the man he is. If it wasn't for Pippen Jordan might have 1 or 2 rings and thats a fact.
Thank you, Jordan had his fair share of legal issues, from gambling, to cheating on his wife.

AirtimeLavey
03-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Maybe because the triangle was run through Shaq, and he was always demanding the ball. That is except in crunch time when he had to be taken out of the games because he couldn't hit free throws. :rolleyes:

AzMandella
03-18-2007, 02:59 PM
That's old news.I never said he was a saint.My comment about class and leadership was toward on the court and team related actions.And as far as gambling goes as long as he wasn't shaving points or betting against his team who gives a sheeeet.And true without Pippen he may have only one or two rings.But I never heard him whine about having the spotlight taken away from him or tell a reporter that they didn't win because they didn't get the ball to him enough.But since Shaq,Kobe has zip.And we'll have to wait to see if he manages another.

eliminatedsprinter
03-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Ok lets get into this, Dallas is no tomato can, and he scored 62 in 3 qtrs. Secondly if it wasn't for Kobe comming into the league out of high school and scoring less than 20 ppg his first 3 years he would have a higher scoring average than Jordan. Kobe has the same free throw %. Both have about the same blocks per game and steals while Jordan has a slight edge there. Both have the same turn over rate. jerry West was my idol, and i rarely missed a game since I was 5 but if you think he was better than Kobe you really should lay off the mushrooms. Kobe has been first team defensive 4 times Jordan 7 in his entire career.
Jordan hurt his stats as well with his 2 years with the Wizards, when he was well past his prime.
Jordan was 1rst team all NBA defensive team 9 times, not 7.
I qualified the Jerry West comment with "for his time". Remember, Jerry West was a great offensive player and he was the best defensive gaurd in the NBA for pretty much his whole career.
And yes, compaired to the Mid 80s Celtics, the Mavs are tomato cans, esp on defense.
I love Kobe I think he is the best guard in the game today. I only come off sounding negitive when he is unfairly compaired to Jordan.
In the late fifties Elgin Baylor came along and brought a new spactcular athletic style of play to the game. Julius Erving grew up watching and imulating him and took that style to another level. Then MJ came along and with his unique combination of skills and unmatched (in NBA history) atheltic ability, he took it to an incredible level. Ever since, the league has been looking for the next Jordan. Kobe is, in my eyes, the best guard in the league today. But this is not the best of times for the NBA and even if his numbers do catch up to Jordan's, it will be against the weaker defense of todays teams.
Of course, as I was typing this post I was also watching Kobe get 50...:D ;)

KineticoH20
03-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Damn It's such a burden to have such a no team player,self centered, no role model prima donna like Kobe on your team :p :wink: :rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
03-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Damn It's such a burden to have such a no team player,self centered, no role model prima donna like Kobe on your team :p :wink: :rolleyes:
Yep, the Kobe haters (aka Laker haters) gotta be hating it....:D
Just think, there are still some clowns who think Dirk Nowitzky (who is amost as good as Kevin Mcale was ;) ) is the favorite for league MVP this year.:rolleyes:
This has got to be the year Kobe get's his first NBA MVP....:) I may not think he is as good as Jordan was, but he is absolutly good enough to get an MVP award. Esp in this off era for the NBA...:)

KineticoH20
03-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Yep, the Kobe haters (aka Laker haters) gotta be hating it....:D
Just think, there are still some clowns who think Dirk Nowitzky (who is approx as good as Kevin Mcale was ;) ) is the favorite for league MVP this year.:rolleyes:
This has got to be the year Kobe get's his first NBA MVP....:) I may not think he is as good as Jordan was, but he is absolutly good enough to get an MVP award. Esp in this off era for the NBA...:)
He will finish third, they evr give it to a guy on a mediocre team.