PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Magnum V-6 Opinions?

9er
03-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Anyone have one? Opinions?
I drove one the other day and it had way more power than I was expecting. Thinking about one just for running around town and to the river this summer.

Cole Trickle
03-16-2007, 07:39 AM
The 5.7 Hemi is pretty fun
The 3.5 HO feels decent....It wouldn't be my choice but if the price is right and your looking for a nice cruiser it could work.
The Base V6 is a pile of junk and perhaps the least exciting car I have ever driven.
If you want to talk excitment get the 425hp SRT version;):devil:

Evin Rude
03-16-2007, 07:40 AM
I have an '06 Magnum R/T and absolutely love it. A co-worker has a base Chrysler 300 with the smaller of the 2 V6 motors, a 2.8 I think. It runs great and has a suprising amout of go for a 4000 pound car with this small of a motor. We bought at about the same time, 18 months ago. Both our cars have around 30K miles and neither of them have required anything other than normal maintainence. No warranty issues at all, zero defects. We are both pleased. Both cars are roomy, comfortable and drive great! I get crappy gas mileage with the R/T, but it runs sooooooo good, I got my foot in it most of the time, that has a tiny bit to do with it. LOL
BTW, here is a link to a LX car forum that has a lot of very good information. Lots of good folks post there.
http://www.lxforums.com/board/index.php

bLoWn N Rayson
03-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Ok for a fact u can come to my place n compare them side by side.... My sister just bought a new Hemi sport package Magnum and we took it to laughlin a few weekends ago cruising between 85 90 we got 440 miles off the tank....
My mom has a 2.8 v6 and ive taken that thing and at the same speed i was getting 320 to 350... The V6 struggles man specially with 5 people. For some reason i dont like how the ass end handles on them it kinda skips like a pickup truck...
Still i'd love to own either one because I get 250 280 miles off a tank in my Duramax on 38s and diesel is 3.29 over here burn on my life.....:D
GET A G35 160mph to the river n back all day never have a problem....

9er
03-18-2007, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=bLoWn N Rayson;2446915]Ok for a fact u can come to my place n compare them side by side.... My sister just bought a new Hemi sport package Magnum and we took it to laughlin a few weekends ago cruising between 85 90 we got 440 miles off the tank....
My mom has a 2.8 v6 and ive taken that thing and at the same speed i was getting 320 to 350... The V6 struggles man specially with 5 people. For some reason i dont like how the ass end handles on them it kinda skips like a pickup truck...
Thanks, I might take you up on that. And if you're ever in South OC, I can weld what you need to get that prop lock off.

bLoWn N Rayson
03-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Got the prop lock off already man thanks though, damn i was in South OC today as a matter of fact... i was on my bike so it would have done u no good but what part of so OC?

9er
03-19-2007, 09:02 AM
My shop is in Laguna Hills, a couple blocks from the Verizon Ampitheater.
Might be easier to go back to my local dealer and drive some others.