PDA

View Full Version : Paging Arizona Boaters // Questions About Local Lakes

496mag
03-17-2007, 07:43 AM
I am out in the Phoenix area for a while and I want to go out to the lakes but I am not sure of the best place to go. I like to hang out in coves and be able to pull up on a beach. So far I have only been to Lake Pleasant, maybe I missed something but I could not find sand anywhere around that lake to beach the boat. Does anyone have sugestions, I dont need a large lake but the bigger the better.
I am also wondering about traveling between lake Seguaro and Canyon Lake, can this be done by boat?
Thanks.

tx-19
03-17-2007, 07:52 AM
pleasant is your best bet as far as a cove to hang out.and is the biggest lake to.saguaro has a beach in the back to hang out at.you can not travel back and forth between the two.bartlett is nice to but i heard it is real low right now.

AZKC
03-17-2007, 08:12 AM
There are no beaches at Pleasant, as you found out. The drive to Canyon is a bit crazy but its a nice lake with a few beaches but it fills up fast so go early or during the week. How bigs your boat?

Jordy
03-17-2007, 08:16 AM
You actually could travel by boat from Canyon to Saguaro. Just let me know when you want to try it as I'd love to watch the attempt to jump the dam. :D :D :D
Getting from Saguaro back up to Canyon would be a little trickier though. :jawdrop: :D

496mag
03-17-2007, 08:20 AM
My boat is a 22ft Laser Boats Vision with a 496mag Bravo 1

AZKC
03-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Well your boats small enough you could try out Apache Lake but it is a tricky drive on a dirt road for about 7-10 miles.
Heres a link to some pics that show the road and the lake.
http://family.webshots.com/album/72883913gTfVKH