PDA

View Full Version : That's what Waltrip gets.

HCS
03-17-2007, 11:35 AM
For switching to Toyota. In to the wall and out of the race. :D

Kilrtoy
03-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Toyota in Nascar, Jeezus! What in the fock were they thinking?
That's like taking a blow-up doll to a party at the Playboy Mansion :D
:D :D :D
so what did people say when you did this:)

HCS
03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
lol. :D
Looks like it's tire problems but it's another Toyota into the wall hard.

wsuwrhr
03-17-2007, 12:07 PM
I wonder what the Europeans thought/said when Ford brought the GT-40's to LeMans
and kicked all their asses?
As long as they play by the "rules", it think it is good.
Brian

Kilrtoy
03-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Let's just say I had a much warmer reception
when I took the blow-up doll to a Nascar race
and showed up at Hef's in a Toyota :D :D
I cant picture this, can we get a pic please:D

HCS
03-17-2007, 02:06 PM
I wonder what the Europeans thought/said when Ford brought the GT-40's to LeMans
Brian
Good point. But Toyota isn't quite there.
Yet.http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

03-17-2007, 05:18 PM
BrianAnd when Ford kicked their asses the people in charged changed the rules. When the GT40 won 4 years in a row the French banned all engines over 5 litres displacement.
Afterall they can't have no stinkin' yankees kicking sand in their faces.

Kilrtoy
03-17-2007, 05:40 PM
I was able to find security camera footage from the Playboy thing
I need to look around a little more for the Nascar pics :D
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/Woodenedsel/Playboy-01.gif
:D :D :D :D :D :D
SWEET

Havasu1986
03-17-2007, 05:54 PM
I was able to find security camera footage from the Playboy thing
I need to look around a little more for the Nascar pics :D
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/Woodenedsel/Playboy-01.gif
:D :D :D :D :D :D
You keep amazing me bilge idiot.:D

photo chick
03-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Auhahaha! thanks Bilgie I needed a good laugh about now, my brain is overloading from all this studying:)

Ziggy
03-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Brian
Although Nascar is an American Icon I like the idea of the new competition and agree with you. My personal opinion is they(nascar drivers/teams) might be somewhat afraid because of the other successes the Europeans and Asian makers have had elsewhere.

boatnam2
03-17-2007, 07:39 PM
hate to say it but the only company making money is toyota,they are building plants and making cars and jobs in the us while the big three close plants and lay off people.they should be worried because toyota has the money and is willing to spend it and will not be worrying about cut backs soon like the big 3.how is it that mw can get 1 toyota to qualify but his other 2 dont?dale jarret has to be feeling good now knowing he was only hired to use his provisionals to race.

boatnam2
03-17-2007, 07:42 PM
A guy i work with has a neighbor who buys land for toyota for future plants,he said there are buying land in tupaloo miss and building a 1.3 billion dollar plant just for us camry supply.

Boatcop
03-17-2007, 07:43 PM
hate to say it but the only company making money is toyota,they are building plants and making cars and jobs in the us while the big three close plants and lay off people.they should be worried because toyota has the money and is willing to spend it and will not be worrying about cut backs soon like the big 3.how is it that mw can get 1 toyota to qualify but his other 2 dont?dale jarret has to be feeling good now knowing he was only hired to use his provisionals to race.
But he (DJ) only has 6 Champ provisionals to fall back on this season. So far he's used 3 of them. Another 3 weeks and the only way he'll get into a race is if UPS delivers some tickets to him.

boatnam2
03-17-2007, 07:48 PM
But he (DJ) only has 6 Champ provisionals to fall back on this season. So far he's used 3 of them. Another 3 weeks and the only way he'll get into a race is if UPS delivers some tickets to him.
yea he will be enjoying golf on sundays with mw real soon...im thinking mw will get it done soon.

77charger
03-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I heard that id jarret can get into the top 35 in points then he might be able to go farther in the year.
BTW F TOYOTA!!!!

Trailer Park Casanova
03-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Toyota Opens New Truck Plant In Texas
Plant will produce 200,000 pickups a year.
- Toyota opened up its new manufacturing plant in Texas a couple of days prior to assembling its first Tundra. According to a Reuters report, the highly automated facility will produce 200,000 pickups a year.
If consumer demand pushes the plant located south of San Antonio to operate at full capacity, which could happen by next spring, a truck will roll off the line an average of every 73 seconds, Toyota spokesman Mike Goss said. From beginning to end a truck will take 17 hours to complete, he added.
The Texas plant and its 21 onsite suppliers will eventually employ 4,100 people, according to Toyota. The suppliers will provide about 70% of the parts used in the Tundras and 50% of the value of parts in each truck, said Don Jackson, vice president of quality and production for Toyota's Texas arm.

boatnam2
03-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Toyota Opens New Truck Plant In Texas
Plant will produce 200,000 pickups a year.
- Toyota opened up its new manufacturing plant in Texas a couple of days prior to assembling its first Tundra. According to a Reuters report, the highly automated facility will produce 200,000 pickups a year.
If consumer demand pushes the plant located south of San Antonio to operate at full capacity, which could happen by next spring, a truck will roll off the line an average of every 73 seconds, Toyota spokesman Mike Goss said. From beginning to end a truck will take 17 hours to complete, he added.
The Texas plant and its 21 onsite suppliers will eventually employ 4,100 people, according to Toyota. The suppliers will provide about 70% of the parts used in the Tundras and 50% of the value of parts in each truck, said Don Jackson, vice president of quality and production for Toyota's Texas arm.
thats what im talking about.

Prop Rod
03-17-2007, 08:29 PM
unless he is top 35 in points by the time the provisionals run out, then he's guaranteed to start.

boatnam2
03-17-2007, 08:41 PM
man mw sits in 50th behind nascar powerhouse aric almirola and jeremy mayfeild isnt even on the board.

Boatcop
03-17-2007, 08:46 PM
unless he is top 35 in points by the time the provisionals run out, then he's guaranteed to start.
That doesn't seem likely, given their performance so far. 21st after Daytona (finished 21st), 28th after California,(finished 33rd) 32nd after Vegas.(finished 33rd).
With Kasey Kahne, Casey Mears, Scott Riggs, and a couple of other good teams that have had bad luck, just a few spots behind him, unless DJ picks his game up, he'll be on the outside looking in after Martinsville.

Boatcop
03-17-2007, 08:49 PM
man mw sits in 50th behind nascar powerhouse aric almirola and jeremy mayfeild isnt even on the board.
And with -27 points, 243 points behind 35th, he'll never crawl out of that hole.

HCS
03-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Toyota failed in the boat biz with Epic. Just a note:
http://www.epicmarine.com/epicphotos/albums/userpics/10029/normal_DSC04669~0.JPG

HCS
03-17-2007, 09:31 PM
I guess they were in Nova Scotia when this pic was taken.
http://www.epicmarine.com/epicphotos/albums/userpics/10027/normal_Freighter.jpg

Jim W
03-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Toyota failed in the boat biz with Epic. Just a note:
http://www.epicmarine.com/epicphotos/albums/userpics/10029/normal_DSC04669~0.JPG
Actually HCS,
I dont think Toyota "failed in the boat business" as much as they failed to stay with it long enough to win the ski boat buyers over.
Toyota certainly stunned the ski boat market with the boats they came out with.
Lexus FI engines
fully composite construction
factory wakeboard tower
no questions policy on warranty repairs, updates/recalls...same as Lexus
The rumor when they quit making the boats was that Toyota expected to dominate the market place in just a few years. When that didnt happen they bailed. To bad, they are great boats.
Be good, Jim

Magic34
03-18-2007, 07:15 AM
He is right. I was contacted to get into the Toyota game last year. Toyota is funding the entire program this year. The sponsorship money is just a bonus to the teams.
I'd estimate that the total bill for this year with the few teams is costing Toyota around $100 million, that is just for the races in the cup series.
Red Bull was the first sponsor to sign up and they got a smokin deal for their sponsorship. However, looks like you get what you pay for.

Evin Rude
03-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Toyota in Nascar, Jeezus! What in the fock were they thinking? That's like taking a blow-up doll to a party at the Playboy Mansion
Michael is screeeeeeewed! He has to qualify on time and wont get into the field till later in the year. In 2 weeks, Jarret will suffer the same fate. Michael still has negative points. He still got off too easy, the fawking cheater!
BTW, as I see it, unpacking toyotas out of a shipping container and popping the hubcaps on them in Mississippi hardly qualifies a toyota as American made. By far, the balance of everything in a toyota is still made in japan.

Wicked Performance Boats
03-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Hardly any automotive new parts are made in the us anymore. And alot of us vehicles are assembled elsewhere. I'm not a fan of toyota but the're growing fast. Budlight

photo chick
03-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Bilgie....there will be NO bomb dropping in Texas....if I've told you once I've told you twice...NO...
Can you tell me the exact location of this Toyota plant http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5227/whistleon7.gif (http://imageshack.us)
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/Woodenedsel/B29.gif
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: