PDA

View Full Version : bed liner on you seat frames

eliminated1
03-17-2007, 12:55 PM
This is sweet . I just built new seat frames and had them coated in bed liner material and they are sweet. They should never break or get water loged. Way better the fiberglass . Check them out they still need to be covered.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-17-2007, 04:43 PM
I say keep tha focking blower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its too damn puuuurdy to take off!!!

460 jus getn it
03-17-2007, 05:13 PM
I say keep tha focking blower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its too damn puuuurdy to take off!!!The hell do blowers and bed linerd seat frames have in common?????????????????????

eliminated1
03-17-2007, 05:18 PM
nope the blower is going

Emanon Performance Marine
03-17-2007, 05:20 PM
The hell do blowers and bed linerd seat frames have in common?????????????????????
As far as I know bedliners belong in pick-ups not boats.
The bed line material is great for keeping the water out but does not create any real true structure or strength.

eliminated1
03-17-2007, 05:26 PM
If you have ever tried to rip the bedliner material you would know it dosent tear.Most seats come apart at the joints not in the middle of the wood.You would be hard pressed to tear my seats apart. I ALREADY TRIED ! i about wore myself out trying to pull the joints apart with no luck, just sore hands.Just think about it :D

Emanon Performance Marine
03-17-2007, 05:38 PM
That just means you biult the seats well. After a few seasons we shall see. Now I know you are not a weekling, so good job on the seats. The bead liner material will strech over time. So I will stick to glass. I look forward to seeing it.

Xlration Marine
03-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Not bad, but. I noticed in the corners, well there corners. They should (in a custom boat) have a radious, curved not square. It works better for the guy stitching, it looks better. And if you wanted you could add a nailer in the corners to make them stonger. And then curve the foam around it. You get some one drunk in that thing and chances are that 300 pound boy will bust them. Other than that they look great. Nice tack stip I just hope your upholstery guy know's what it is.

eliminated1
03-17-2007, 10:38 PM
He knows what the tack strip is . The guy at universal said he tried a test seat and trew it off the roof a dozen times 20ft drop . they said all it did at ding up the corners ande spray liner didnt even chip off. they also said they can do the bottom of the bilge .AS far as it sticking to the fiberglass they said on boat they did , they sanded with 100 grit and sprayed it . the customer wanted to change the color from white to blue, when they tried to peal it off it started to full the glass up in sections. he did boats 3 years ago and the floors and bilge look new still cuz you can clean the crap out of it without hurting it

Machinist
03-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Looks real good, I am going to build a set in a while here and that's a nice idea. Out of curiosity, how much weight do you think that added? Maybe 2 lbs per seat max?

eliminated1
03-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Maybe! i have 4 seats all the same 2 are lined the other 2 are not they weigh about the same 3 lbs more tops