PDA

View Full Version : rayson craft owners

gots beer wages
03-17-2007, 01:43 PM
attention all rayson craft owners, im trying to find out information on my 19' rayson craft, and also its not a flat bottem. so if anyone can help me with any information like how it handles or anything at all. thanks................

vee-driven
03-17-2007, 01:46 PM
lets see some pics, you know the rules! hows the shotgun scoop?

DaveA
03-17-2007, 06:44 PM
attention all rayson craft owners, im trying to find out information on my 19' rayson craft, and also its not a flat bottem. so if anyone can help me with any information like how it handles or anything at all. thanks................
Raysoncraft??
I'm ready.
Post pix asap. Could be a GN hull....

gots beer wages
03-17-2007, 07:52 PM
hey hows it going, the scoop looks great polished right up i love it.
the pics i have are old the boat is striped down and getting re-painted but here you all go.

GofastRacer
03-17-2007, 08:06 PM
That is the 19'6" GN hull and it looks like it was setup as a family ski boat??, what kind of hardware does it have???..
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26702&d=1174189782

VDRIVERACING
03-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Looks like a candidate for the Nostalgia class right in family trim!

GofastRacer
03-18-2007, 06:25 PM
That's what I was thinking too!..

DaveA
03-18-2007, 08:05 PM
According to earlier posts, it has a Berk ditch pump pokin' out the back.
Oh well.
It'll look good when Todd's done regelling it.

gots beer wages
03-19-2007, 06:19 AM
According to earlier posts, it has a Berk ditch pump pokin' out the back.
Oh well.
It'll look good when Todd's done regelling it.
yes thats true but no one could realy help me cause these boats were know for being V-drives so i was told to try to get info here. todd is doing a great job on it right now he's going to start laying the colors on it this week.
the motor in it is a ford 460, and it also has big cavitation plates on it too.

gn7
03-19-2007, 07:53 AM
sad thing about that hull is that as great as it is as v-drive it really doesn't make the best jet, not a bad hull it is just that there are better purpose built jet hulls.

gots beer wages
03-19-2007, 01:08 PM
i was told that this was the 1st of a 100 mad whille tom papps was working there. so what else can be told about this boat?

gn7
03-19-2007, 04:20 PM
wow, if tom papps work at rudy's thats a new one on me, not saying he didn't I just never knew it. The main thing to understand about this hull is that was designed as a marathon v-drive first and foremost, the jet thing was something that was done because it sold boats. Its not a bad jet hull and they are quite strong, just not as fast or as nimble as say a Rogers, Hondo, or Sleek that was designed as a jet in the first place. The little I know about the decks say that it is either pretty early (early 70's) or pretty late. (90's) Most of the decks in between had a peak running down the middle of the raised area or the side coming/gunnel were cut down at the driver/pass. area just behind the foward deck. IMO it makes a much better jet than the others(jets) make as a marathon v-drive!

hm427donzi
03-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey gn7, concerning the 20ft GN hull, what would be your best guess as to the ratio between race boats and boats set up as a family ski boats. I'v seen 3 or 4 of these GN hulls set up with the family seating and through transom exhaust over the years, but was this a common built Rayson Craft. Thanks.

gots beer wages
03-19-2007, 05:11 PM
ok, ya i was told tommy worked there early to mid 70's it even states it in this months hot boat in the tribute article. the boat is a 76'........
this is just the stuff i've bin told and would just like to know some history on the boat and how it handles. what else can you tell me

MWJSOne
03-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Nice rare boat for being a Jet drive only made a handfull of the Jets like that
still a keeper

gn7
03-20-2007, 05:33 AM
Hey gn7, concerning the 20ft GN hull, what would be your best guess as to the ratio between race boats and boats set up as a family ski boats. I'v seen 3 or 4 of these GN hulls set up with the family seating and through transom exhaust over the years, but was this a common built Rayson Craft. Thanks.
my guess would be that way more were set up to be raced, maybe Wild Child could shed more light on this, he would know way more about this than I do, but the vast majority of the ones I've seen were race boats first then converted to family deals

gots beer wages
03-20-2007, 05:42 AM
What is the nostalgia class and where is something like this held at just was wondering

GofastRacer
03-20-2007, 06:33 AM
What is the nostalgia class and where is something like this held at just was wondering
It is an 80mph class and Parker next month will the next one!..

GofastRacer
03-20-2007, 06:36 AM
my guess would be that way more were set up to be raced, maybe Wild Child could shed more light on this, he would know way more about this than I do, but the vast majority of the ones I've seen were race boats first then converted to family deals
Quite a few years ago Rudy told me he would never build the 19'6" for anything but GN racing!..

VDRIVERACING
03-20-2007, 08:19 AM
It's like a "run what ya brung class" for those who want to see what boat racing is like. They have an 80 MPH speed limit so one can get some seat time at a moderate speed. Some of these boats are pretty stock, some are all race, but the speed limit applies to all.
A lot of guys have done 80 or more under ideal conditions, but on a race course with other boats it's another story and a huge rush. All you need to do is borrow a helmet and race jacket, and present a DOT physical and you're in. At the last meet in Bakersfield, they even had enough entrants for a jets-only class. Your hull model was designed for endurance racing, and is one of the mainstays in the Grand National class.

gn7
03-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Quite a few years ago Rudy told me he would never build the 19'6" for anything but GN racing!..
well I don't know how long ago "quite a few years ago" was but I think that was after he stopped building them full time and pick he's projects on a one by one basis. Will agree though that to Rudy it was a race boat not a family pleasure craft. There are even more than a couple of 21's out there with jets and few of them are tunneled.

gn7
03-20-2007, 03:50 PM
. All you need to do is borrow a helmet and race jacket, and present a DOT physical
do you need a DOT physical to race NOS? I wouldn't know. I try to stay out the damn thing, no balls

MAXIMUS
03-20-2007, 04:06 PM
do you need a DOT physical to race NOS? I wouldn't know. I try to stay out the damn thing, no balls
Thats the 1st true thing you have said in this thread....:D

VDRIVERACING
03-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Yes, a physical is required.

gots beer wages
03-21-2007, 05:22 AM
i was wondering why it keeps getting reffered to as a 19'6? cause mine is a 19' and my paper work say its 19'-1"

gn7
03-21-2007, 06:26 AM
and the v-drive boyz call em 20's

gots beer wages
03-21-2007, 10:26 AM
so how many like mine do you think are left and are there any around so-cal just was wondering

VDRIVERACING
03-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Head out to Parker AZ. There's a big race on April 21 and 22. You'll find a dozen or so of the Rayson GN boats. This would be a great place to wander around and check out installations, and a bunch of bad ass boats. Best of all, your hull will be represented in some of the most exciting races of the event. Not unusual to have a hundred participants...

gots beer wages
03-21-2007, 11:20 AM
WOW thats realy cool ill try to get out there maybee my boat will be done and ill take her out it will be close all dipends when it gets done at the paint shop.

Life's Rough
03-21-2007, 08:02 PM
WOW thats realy cool ill try to get out there maybee my boat will be done and ill take her out it will be close all dipends when it gets done at the paint shop.
If your waiting on a painter or any other out scource you may want to by a spare boat for the meantime. Sincerely Lifes Rough

gots beer wages
03-22-2007, 05:12 AM
If your waiting on a painter or any other out scource you may want to by a spare boat for the meantime. Sincerely Lifes Rough
LOL
ya i now what your saying but todd is doing a great job and he's spraying the colors this week so she getting real close.

Hud
03-26-2007, 10:46 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/image.php?u=16727&dateline=1168547774Tim's boat for your Avatar?:sqeyes:

sanger mike
03-26-2007, 04:43 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/image.php?u=16727&dateline=1168547774Tim's boat for your Avatar?:sqeyes:
ya what hud said!

gots beer wages
03-29-2007, 06:37 AM
whos tim and who cares, the pic was e-mailed to me i liked it so there ya go, beside i change it all the time.

Hud
03-30-2007, 05:01 AM
Tim owns the boat in your Avatar!! He would like you to change it. Jet guys:hammer2:

gots beer wages
03-30-2007, 06:33 AM
thats funny cause it came from a calendar, so kiss off, and he wants it off he can ask me NOT YOU

Hud
03-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I could give a shit, Tim asked me to ask you! If you want to get all pissey about it, **** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Rattle Can Lou
03-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Hud, my man. He fo sho has not seen you. Don't ya love the internet???

sanger mike
03-31-2007, 12:07 AM
thats funny cause it came from a calendar, so kiss off, and he wants it off he can ask me NOT YOU
well you just got your first leason and you steped on your dick. when you own a jet boat and you come over to the v-drive section and ask for help you should respect your elders. not piss them off :rolleyes:

Hud
03-31-2007, 06:36 AM
RCL, wants been happen? I have been missin the the good times C'mon! Have you guys been puttin down some Kung Fu smoke over there yet? Any ?'s just ask!!!:D