PDA

View Full Version : Burbank Marine Sad news

marty722
03-17-2007, 02:08 PM
I don't know if this has been passed around yet but I ran into Bob's kid from Burbank Marine and Bob passed away in Dec.... This may have already been posted and sorry if it has but Bob was a standup guy... He really took care of me on some issues with my boat.... He will be missed....:( :(

Halvecta
12-18-2007, 03:50 PM
I used Bob over the years for my annual basic service. I heard that his son is now running things, but I never saw him there before Bob passed. Did I hear that he used to work at Teague?
Does anyone have any experience since the changes. I know Bob had a mechanic that did much of the work who was from Brazil, I think, and spoke Portuguese. Is he still there doing the work.
I have a Volvo drive and he knew it well from working on many saltwater boats down in Brazil.
I usually take mine in about now for the basic stuff and was curious if they are a good bet still. Bob could handle everything, was always very nice and reasonably priced.

RitcheyRch
12-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Rip

Halvecta
12-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Rip
Ritchey,
Have you used Gideon over at Lakeside?

Trailer Park Casanova
12-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Last I saw Bob was at the Off Ramp Grill.
He set us right about the fits we were having with our POS Merc Optimax's and how to deal with them. (sell them and buy four strokes).
Our Mercury days are over. Worst $36K I ever spent.
"You're not alone in that opinion" - Bob
Very knowledgeable, helpfull and affiable.
An asset to the boating world.
Sorry to read of his passing.

RitcheyRch
12-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes, really like dealing with Gideon. He has treated me very well over there.
Ritchey,
Have you used Gideon over at Lakeside?