PDA

View Full Version : 2007 / 2008 Duramax LMM upgrades

Beer-30
03-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Any of you in the diesel industry please keep your eyes and ears open for LMM aftermarket items. I will be doing one for SEMA and need to keep up on the latest performance upgrades. So far, I don't know of any, but the new motor will be hitting the streets soon. After some are out there, I know the common companies (BD, Banks, BullyDog, etc) will have programmers and other common stuff.
If anyone hears or sees anything, please post here or PM me.
Thanks guys.

afe1
04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Any of you in the diesel industry please keep your eyes and ears open for LMM aftermarket items. I will be doing one for SEMA and need to keep up on the latest performance upgrades. So far, I don't know of any, but the new motor will be hitting the streets soon. After some are out there, I know the common companies (BD, Banks, BullyDog, etc) will have programmers and other common stuff.
If anyone hears or sees anything, please post here or PM me.
Thanks guys.
aFe will have an intake system soon for this. The R&D has been done and just waiting on tooling. Check www.afefilters.com for release.

Beer-30
04-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Thank you.

Lightning
04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
The best thing to do is call these companies ahead of time and tell them about the truck. They will be able to use your truck for R&D and then you can get some parts for free....

Beer-30
04-06-2007, 03:23 PM
The best thing to do is call these companies ahead of time and tell them about the truck. They will be able to use your truck for R&D and then you can get some parts for free....
Very true. The customizing company that I have my work done through is already on the case. They have done SEMA trucks for the last 6 or 7 years. They are keeping me informed. I just threw this thread out here since there are so many customized tow rigs and everyone is watching what the new diesels do.

Beer-30
07-04-2007, 09:41 AM
I tripped across this on a search:
http://www.pacificp.com/images/medium/lmm_downloader_MED.jpg
(from their site):
Price: $629.79
Features:
2007.5-2008 Duramax Diesel LMM engines.
4 power levels
Data Scanning
DTC code reader
Trans reset and relearn feature
Works with Diesel Particulate Filter

Beer-30
07-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Superchips:
http://www.superchips.com/product_images/product-large_image-51.jpg
Flashpaq 2007.5 GM 6.6L Duramax LMM!
ADDITIONAL FEATURES
Update Tuner via the Internet for Latest Calibrations
Available Data Acquisition at Flashpaq.com
Choose from Three Available Performance Settings
PERFORMANCE LEVELS
Performance Tune: Max 77 HP and 117 foot lbs torque*
Performance Tow: Max 32 HP and 52 foot lbs torque*
Tow: Optimized Tow Performance*
* Performance varies by application.
$550.00

Beer-30
07-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Another!
http://www.bullydog.com/images/DPP_07.jpg
The Power Pup Downloader is a programmer/tuner that downloads horsepower and performance enhancing programs into ’01-’07 GM Duramax with either a 6.6L (LB7, LLY, LBZ, or LMM) diesel engine in one SKU (stock keeping unit). The Power Pup will also work on the ’06-’07 4500 and 5500 series vehicles as well. The downloader offers up to three different Engine Tunes above stock to accommodate various driving conditions.

Beer-30
07-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Banks is coming online also!
Products for 6.6L Duramax LMM, '07
http://store.bankspower.com/images/LBZLMM-TechniCooler_lg.jpg

Beer-30
07-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Looks much nicer than the stock one!
Chevy/GMC Duramax XP Filterback Exh. System
2007-08 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 6.6L Duramax LMM (All Cab & Bed Configurations)
T-409 XP-Series Stainless Steel
http://www.usdieselparts.com/imagesWeb/S6026304.jpg
The MBRP XP-Series particulate filter-back exhaust system is designed to work with the advanced emissions control system incorporated into the new Chevy/GMC Duramax pickup trucks. The filter back design connects to the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) so there is no risk of triggering sensors or compromising the emissions system. Exhaust flow has been improved over the factory system by reducing bend-degree angles and eliminating the factory muffler. Tests have proven that the DPF and catalytic converter provide sufficient noise suppression without the restrictive factory muffler. The resulting sound is a pleasing "growl". To top it off, we will include a polished T-304 stainless steel tip and a limited lifetime warranty.

AZJD
07-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Gibson is doing exhausts......call Gibby!

Beer-30
07-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Gibson is doing exhausts......call Gibby!
I didn't see it on their site, maybe not put on there yet. I saw for normal LLY/LBZ, but not the new LMM.

HighRoller
07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Anything would look better than the new GM diesel exhaust. Looks like something the pilgrims used to shoot turkeys with:eek:

Beer-30
07-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Anything would look better than the new GM diesel exhaust. Looks like something the pilgrims used to shoot turkeys with:eek:
Exactly. That's why I was happy to see MBRP had started making something. I am not brand-specific when it comes to power adders, so we'll see who has what when the truck gets here. It's still a few month out. It's ordered, but they haven't quite started making the '08s yet.

Infomaniac
08-25-2007, 06:30 AM
PPE mkes a nice 5 leel tuner. That does not break or burn anything up.
I am waiting on the DPF error message delete before getting a turbo back exhaust and their tuner.
This board has everythig you ever need to know about desel rucks.
http://dieselplace.com/forum/index.php

PHOTOGLOU
09-23-2007, 10:37 AM
I tripped across this on a search:
http://www.pacificp.com/images/medium/lmm_downloader_MED.jpg
(from their site):
Price: $629.79
Features:
2007.5-2008 Duramax Diesel LMM engines.
4 power levels
Data Scanning
DTC code reader
Trans reset and relearn feature
Works with Diesel Particulate Filter
I have this on my 08... Hot+1 (5th power level)stated 300 HP gain $918 option.... RUNS HARD... Had the $629 stated 225 HP gain on my 07 ran good... with my 07 and 35" tires I had a problem with over boost trans wouldn't down shift fast enough while towing and put the motor in limp mode.... Had to run in lockout mode and was never able to get into 6th gear.. On the 08 I only have 33s and have had no problems... PPE used my 08 for testing as an 07 programmer will not work (They originally said it would) 08 is getting 3 mpg better gas mileage and it is a dually....

PHOTOGLOU
09-23-2007, 10:38 AM
I have a Gibson exhust on the 08 NO CODES have been set and looks MUCH better than stock....

Beer-30
09-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks, Jay!

ChumpChange
09-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I have this on my 08... Hot+1 (5th power level)stated 300 HP gain $918 option.... RUNS HARD... Had the $629 stated 225 HP gain on my 07 ran good... with my 07 and 35" tires I had a problem with over boost trans wouldn't down shift fast enough while towing and put the motor in limp mode.... Had to run in lockout mode and was never able to get into 6th gear.. On the 08 I only have 33s and have had no problems... PPE used my 08 for testing as an 07 programmer will not work (They originally said it would) 08 is getting 3 mpg better gas mileage and it is a dually....
Post a pic of this new truck.

ultra26shadow
10-18-2007, 07:40 PM
WOW Just bought the new Banks cold air intake and what a big difference. Keeps the temp a few degrees cooler, and the extra power is great would recommend it for anyone with the LMM motor!!

Brewzed
10-19-2007, 07:42 AM
I don't know if any of you guys have heard this or not. I have heard from a couple of good sources that if you modify the '08s in anyway the computer picks it up and onstar sends a message to GM that the vehicle has been modified and will affect warranty work. I also heard that they may start putting labels on everything stating if it is removed or modified they will void the warranty.

SoCalHD
10-19-2007, 08:32 AM
I don't know if any of you guys have heard this or not. I have heard from a couple of good sources that if you modify the '08s in anyway the computer picks it up and onstar sends a message to GM that the vehicle has been modified and will affect warranty work. I also heard that they may start putting labels on everything stating if it is removed or modified they will void the warranty.
Is it the same deal with the 07.5 LMM's??

Brewzed
10-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Is it the same deal with the 07.5 LMM's??
Not sure. I just threw it out there to see if anyone has heard the same. My brother just bought an 08 and is friends with the owner of Connell (sp) Chevy and was told that. My neighbor called the dealer where he bought his and they told him the same. I talked with the owner of Custom Motorsports and he has heard about it, but didn't know of anyone having any problems with it yet.
It's my understanding that they (GM & Ford) have lost so much money the last couple of years on warranty work that they are trying to cut it down as much as they can.