PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR question:

Trailer Park Casanova
03-18-2007, 07:20 AM
With Martin not running at Bristol, and Regan Smith taking the wheel of Martins car,, what will become of driver points?
Does Smith assume them, or does he go in with zero, and Martin keep the points?
Is Martin just running for $$ or WTF?

Magic34
03-18-2007, 07:24 AM
With Martin not running at Bristol, and Regan Smith taking the wheel of Martins car,, what will become of driver points?
Doctor probably put a limit on the number of races he can run. The guy is like 90, time to hang it up.

Boatcop
03-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Martin Keeps his own points. They don't transfer to another driver. Even if he were to drive another car or for another team, he keeps the points.
However, the owner points stay with the car. No matter who's driving. Smith begins with 0 points, since he hasn't been in a race yet, but he will be locked into the top 35 due to the points Martin has earned for Bobby Ginn (owner).

Wicked Performance Boats
03-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Mark Martin is still a great driver. The only things he's lacking is ,self esteem and good luck. { not my driver but a great clean driver} how many drivers can you say that about? Budlight

Hal
03-18-2007, 07:49 AM
He is 48 years old and leading in the points, why hang it up if he's having fun?
The pay isnt bad either. I think he's made a little over 1.5 mil in the last month,
not counting his paychecks.

Trailer Park Casanova
03-18-2007, 07:57 AM
He is 48 years old and leading in the points, why hang it up if he's having fun?
The pay isnt bad either. I think he's made a little over 1.5 mil in the last month,
not counting his paychecks.
The endorsement money is supposed to be beyond 15 X of top 10 driver earnings too. Even more for the popular drivers like Jr.
MW said the big names don't step in front of a commercial shoot camera for less than $100K.

Shark Attack 065
03-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Doctor probably put a limit on the number of races he can run. The guy is like 90, time to hang it up.
He might be getting up in his age but there will never be a another driver with the class act that he is on and off the track and being the points leader now I don't agree with him hanging it up just yet ! :D :D

f_inscreenname
03-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I could sit here for a hour typing how Mark has always put himself second at Roush, how nascar has F_ed him over time after time (Daytona is the latest), how the man has some of the worst luck in Nascar history but I wont.
All I will say is ASA champion, the most Busch wins ever, 5 time IROC champion (most ever in equal cars) and a crap load of cash winnings along with his cup wins. This year he joins what should be a second rate team and is the points leader. Oh and where is the 6 car this year with their young driver? In the back or crushed up and on the hauler on their way home.
The bottom line is Mark can get it done young man.