PDA

View Full Version : KUDOS to Prestige Marine in Lake Havasu

nodigg
03-18-2007, 04:11 PM
I had a problem Wednesday with the first ITS ever installed by Cheetah after two hours on the boat. The power steering fluid (ATF) drained out while sitting, (burped up out of the resevoir cap weep hole) All is well again.
Just wanted to say thanks go out to all who tried to help. First stop was Cheetah and they dropped everything they were doing getting ready for the boat show in Havi to try to find the problem. KUDOS!
Having no Mercury Mechanic on site however they sent me towards Mercury mechanics for a look see. After stops for info at Alco, Savage and Absolute I was left with no solid answers. All agreed the install looked correct at first glance. All did offer to have me leave it and check it out later. Absolute did take time to advise me on a bleed procedure which I performed and seemed to solve the problem until the next morning when before leaving the house I opened the hatch and found the quart of ATF I had put in the previous night had burped back out of the resevoir. STRANGE. Anyway, we took it out and I was carefull and we had a great day! (Dilligaf and I had to rope it back on the trailer that night though)
The next day, Saturday, I went down to Prestige and he knew right away what the problem was. Seems there is a service bulletin on the ITS bleeding process. He offered to fix Monday. Went back to the house, down loaded the service bulletin and WALLA!. Problem fixed. (testing to continue)
Again, thanks to everyone who offered help. These forums and most of you peeps are awesome! (Except MAYBE the ballistic price justifiers)

nodigg
03-18-2007, 04:22 PM
TTT Gotta push the wrong one down!