PDA

View Full Version : Showed the roadster and the Mustang today

roostwear
03-18-2007, 06:05 PM
at my oldest son's school's car show. Nice turnout for their first car show. At the end of the day, they had the awards for different categories. We were in best 1900-1929 and best 60's. Called the winner for the 1900-1929, and didn't get anything. They went down the list and got to best 60's and didn't get anything there either. Best paint... no. Best restoration.... zip. Cheerleader's choice...nada. Best of show... naw, that was most votes overall. Hell, the 50/50 drawing... not that lucky. Even the raffle I zeroed. They had one left... 2 prizes in the Super Drawing. First, was a built TH350.... not even close (of course, it's not like I could use a Chevy trans anyhow). Last was the drawing for a $2500 set of Foose wheels. Ever the eternal optimist, we hung out. They announced the winning 6 digit nmber (why are the numbers SO DAMN LONG?). Kind of like those lotto deals when everything turns to slow motion. Holy shit, that's my number! They verified the number and gave me the certificate for the wheels. Drove home and figured I'd check what wheels he makes. 20's, 22's, 24's... hmmmm.... baller wheels. Nice wheels, but I'm not a "dubs" kinda guy. If you've hung in this long, you're wondering what the punch line is. Well, it's like this.... if there are any ballers looking for a set of Foose wheels, I may be able to make a deal to get them what they want so I can get the ones I want for the quad cab. Anyone that's looking to get new Foose wheels, let me know what you want, and I'll see if we can make a deal.

SummitKarl
03-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Hmmmmm...:idea:...as much as I would like to..I have too many projects going.
you will have to come out to my car show 4/15 at Chuys in Havasu, I am sure your award luck will be better ;) , I just picked up a entire pallet...yes pallet :jawdrop: stacked 4' high of every Maguires product they got. it's just to much to raffle off...so participants will be getting about a $100 goodie bag:D

Kim Hanson
03-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Congrates Rooster.........( . )( . ).............:cool:

roostwear
03-18-2007, 08:07 PM
I've thought about bringing one of the cars out to Havasu, but unfortunately, we'll be launching the Stevens for the first time the following weekend and there's too much to do to finish it and too little time. I'll keep an eye out for other shows you're putting on, though.

Big Kahunaa
03-18-2007, 09:08 PM
http://www.chipfoose.com/images/wheels/nitrousII_enlarged.jpg
they list 17's

roostwear
03-19-2007, 07:45 AM
I saw that style and size, but to be honest, I have my heart set on a set of 17" Halibrand Sprints foir the truck. If someone is looking for a set of Fooses, this might be a way to get them cheaper than a straight purchase.

roostwear
03-19-2007, 08:06 AM
If I were to run a Foose wheel, it would be the Nitrous II, or this one.....
http://www.chipfoose.com/images/wheels/ascot_enlarged.jpg

maxwedge
03-19-2007, 08:59 AM
http://www.chipfoose.com/images/wheels/nitrousII_enlarged.jpg
These are the 17" wheels I was going to put on my 64 Rambler, but it's not quite at that stage yet. If they were cheap enough I might be willing to work something out though. PM me if you want.