PDA

View Full Version : A Great Day for Schiada Time

Schiada Time
03-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Hey everyone. Myself and a friend spent the whole day working on my boat in my driveway. We got the stereo head unit installed and speakers mounted in custom panels and mounted back in boat. The interior is completely back in now except for one rear jump seat as I still have to run power cable to battery selector and starboard battery to power the amplifier. We will mount the amp and pre-fab sub box with Rockford 12" next week as there is a custom cubby area that was in the boat when I bought it that will work perfect (it is out of the way and a good location for some bass for my hair metal favorites.) I pulled the driveshaft as it was producing some vibration and will get dropped of tomorrow for balancing and new u-joints. This week I plan to do a little clean up work in the engine compartment with running cables power wires along the stringer and then next weekend it is off to Elsinore for the third time to test a 11.5X15 3-blade prop along with a 12x15 and 12x16. My project finally feels like it is closing in on completion after just over a year of turning wrenches and emptying pockets. Future plans call for a new interior and a fresh Ellis trailer. I will be taking the boat to Lake Mead after my fiancee and I's wedding in a few weeks where my soon to be wife and stepdaughter will ride in it for the first time after the restoration. I grew up in a '22 Schiada just like mine so it is pretty cool to have the same boat I grew up water skiing behind. I will be using the boat up on Lake Mead where my parents have a home and my Dad still owns his '22 Schiada (his second Schiada) which he has owned for 27 years. Thanks for reading my ramble. I'll post some pics once she hits water again next weekend.
Schiada Time
P.s.
What we did
Replaced Transom
Installed fresh 502 BBC
Installed Art Carr prepped and freshened Turbo 400 with manual valve body and reverse shift pattern
Serviced the C-500 V-drive
Installed all new gauges
Re-wired boat completely with L&L harness
Re-plumbed engine/trans including fuel/oil /water-all SS braided line and AN fittings (Thanks Superdave)
New Rudder
New Prop shaft
New Stuffing Box
New Turn Fin
New billet tiller
All New Hardware
New Strut Bushings
New Bow eye Hook
New Impy billet steering wheel
All new fuel pumps/switches and custom switch plates by Dana Marine

vee-driven
03-18-2007, 07:43 PM
lets see some pics so i know what to look for next weekend.

dmontzsta
03-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Travis, after all this that boat is going to give you MANY years of pleasure. :D

Schiada Time
03-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks guys. She has come a long way. I believe the original post up here had "just needs an engine". Yeah right. Atleast I know I have done everything I can to take the guesswork out of what is reliable. I will post more pics soon.
Travis

dmontzsta
03-19-2007, 07:58 AM
Thanks guys. She has come a long way. I believe the original post up here had "just needs an engine". Yeah right. Atleast I know I have done everything I can to take the guesswork out of what is reliable. I will post more pics soon.
Travis
Yup, it is like opening a can of worms. I have mine stripped down bare right now, with all the rigging I need in boxes next to it. I am now thinking of having the floor done. :) One thing after another...

Roaddogg 4040
03-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Pictures, we need pictures!!!
Steve

dmontzsta
03-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey Travis,
I am heading out to Elsinore on April 1st (Sunday). Just wanted to give you the heads up, in case you wanted to join. Dan the Repo Man might join us, he just finished putting his Schiada back together.

Schiada Time
03-19-2007, 10:59 AM
W'ell see. That is the weekend before the wedding so i may need the break from my fiancee. The again being that close to the wedding day she may not let me out of the house.
trav