PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Offshore Shifter in 26 Deck

ULTRA26 # 1
03-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Does anyone have any pics of an offshore shifter in Ultra's 26 Deckboat. I have heard that Ultra has mounted a duel handle offshore shifter in an extention of the driver seat. I sure would like to see how this looks
Thanks
John M

jrgaudettes
03-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Jason (stippoker) has a few I believe. I think singleton's boat is getting them also. Five months to late for me as they look awesome from the pic's and would have loved to have them. Two much $$$$ to convert now.

Singleton
03-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Jason (stippoker) has a few I believe. I think singleton's boat is getting them also. Five months to late for me as they look awesome from the pic's and would have loved to have them. Two much $$$$ to convert now.
Jason should have photos of the one Ultra has already done. He will be in the shop tomorrow. Mine is going to be slighty different (not sure what all JW has in his head), but a cup holder is being added. Should have photos of mine in a week or so.

ULTRA26 # 1
03-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys. The Merc shifter is the only thing about my 26 that doesn't please me. JW knows has known that I want that part of my 26 changed, but we have been waiting for the best alternative. I don't want trim on the wheel which would be the case with an In-Control and I heard that the new Livorsi didn't work out. I'm looking forward to seeing what JW's is doing now
John M

drejustice
03-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I think here is a pic of that shifter in the 26 your talking about. (Ultra, let me know if you don't want this posted for some reason) John sent it to me to see if I wanted it on the one he's doing for me since the livorsi didn't work out. I said i'd go with the merc for now and switch out for a good looking single control when he could find one that worked. I think the single shifter is easier if you only have 1 enginge for docking and moving around congested areas. If I were going with a twin engine boat, then definitely offshore controls.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26854&stc=1&d=1174344857

jrgaudettes
03-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Jason should have photos of the one Ultra has already done. He will be in the shop tomorrow. Mine is going to be slighty different (not sure what all JW has in his head), but a cup holder is being added. Should have photos of mine in a week or so.
Your boat is going to be sick when its done. There was five 26 decks out this past weekend in Havasu that I seen. Can't wait to see yours on the water.
John M, I feel they same way about the Merc. I was hoping the Lavorsi deal worked out but I have been told its still a work in progress. The new offshore deal is the ticket but the price I was told is a trun off for me, its probally alot cheaper at build time then to add after. John M. if you go the offshore route keep me posted as I am very intrested in something different then the Merc.

jrgaudettes
03-19-2007, 02:58 PM
I think here is a pic of that shifter in the 26 your talking about. John sent it to me to see if I wanted it on the one he's doing for me since the livorsi didn't work out. I said i'd go with the merc for now and switch out for a good looking single control when he could find one that worked.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26854&stc=1&d=1174344857
Thats the pic I looked at also.

ULTRA26 # 1
03-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks for posting the picture. I am going to have to give this one some thought. Love the shifter but don't care for the the loss of room.
Regardless,
Thanks again
JM
PS Leo, I will keep you posted

drejustice
03-19-2007, 03:25 PM
For you that already have the 26 deck, what do you think about trim tabs?
Do you think you should have added them? Do you have any problems pulling a skier or tuber at slower speeds without them?
sorry for the hijack.

ULTRA26 # 1
03-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Dre,
I have yet to pull a skier or a tube with my 26. Tabs may be needed to be able to stay on plane at slow speed. The boat doesn't need tabs for any other reason.
John M

jrgaudettes
03-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Do you think you should have added them? Do you have any problems pulling a skier or tuber at slower speeds without them?
sorry for the hijack.
Never tried, I do not have tabs either but after some seat time I would say you could do it without any problems. :D Sorry not much help on this one.

Singleton
03-19-2007, 03:41 PM
sorry for the hijack.
I talked to JW about this when I placed my order. He stated you don't need them and I asked "kids like to tube and biggest kid (me) used to wakeboard" do I need tabs or will the 26 be OK without them. He said you should have no problem. I am going to go a season without them and see what it is like. I need to keep the option list limited it keeps growing so something needs to be placed on hold.

jrgaudettes
03-19-2007, 03:45 PM
I need to keep the option list limited it keeps growing so something needs to be placed on hold.
I 100% argee with you. When I see a boat like your's being built, I have to hide my wallet from myself. JW is coming out with some cool options for these deck's.

Singleton
03-19-2007, 04:03 PM
I 100% argee with you. When I see a boat like your being built, I have to hide my wallet from myself. JW is coming out with some cool options for these deck's.
Just wait until you see what we have for that back bench seat. Going with a modified U shaped version. I will have the bench, but then will have additonal sections that can be in and out (from bench to behind driver and passenger seats). Will allow the litle kids to sit on the bench behind driver or passenger and have legs up. And when it is only big kids, the sections can stay at home.

drejustice
03-19-2007, 04:06 PM
I hear ya as I think i've increased my total bill by about 20% with options :jawdrop: but i'm somewhat up the creek being on the east coast as it sure won't be easy to just drop of the boat at ultra to get something added later as i'm 3000+ miles away.
I'm just lucky the wife is supportive of the whole custom boat deal and she's contributing her bonus to help pay which is making it a touch easier.:)

jrgaudettes
03-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Just wait until you see what we have for that back bench seat. Going with a modified U shaped version. I will have the bench, but then will have additonal sections that can be in and out (from bench to behind driver and passenger seats). Will allow the litle kids to sit on the bench behind driver or passenger and have legs up. And when it is only big kids, the sections can stay at home.
You had to go stir the pot. LOL
Sound's awesome, I cant wait to see it.

ULTRA26 # 1
03-19-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't see any problem pulling a tube or a wakeboard behind a 26 without tabs but quite honestly, I just don't see the 26 or any deckboat of this size being a great ski boat. Generally, a good ski boat must plane quickly which is not one of a cat hull's better qualities. I've got 85 hours on my 26 and have gotten to know the boat fairly well. I would never put tabs on an HO powered 26 as the boat doesn't need them. Everyone please remember the 26 Deck is not what would be considered a small agile v bottom runabout.
Ultra's 26 Shadow Deck is a great boat, enjoy it for what it is.
John M

jrgaudettes
03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't see any problem pulling a tube or a wakeboard behind a 26 without tabs but quite honestly, I just don't the 26 or any deckboat of this size being a great ski boat. Generally, a good ski boat must plane quickly which is not one of a cat hull's better qualities. I've got 85 hours on my 26 and have gotten to know the boat fairly well. I would never put tabs on an HO powered 26 as the boat doesn't need them. Everyone please remember the 26 Deck is not what would be considered a small agile v bottom runabout.
Ultra's 26 Shadow Deck is a great boat, enjoy it for what it is.
John M
To think I was going to put a tower on mine. LOL... You are correct John, but I will try at some point to ski behind it just to say I did it.:D

dicudmore
03-19-2007, 08:18 PM
To think I was going to put a tower on mine. LOL... You are correct John, but I will try at some point to ski behind it just to say I did it.:D
nice, you want to ski behind my Spectre just to say you did it? :D :D I'll put the tunnel tab down if you want?? :idea:

jrgaudettes
03-20-2007, 05:21 AM
:D nice, you want to ski behind my Spectre just to say you did it? :D :D I'll put the tunnel tab down if you want?? :idea:
LOL.... That would be something. But I'm gonna have to pass.

shippingguy
03-20-2007, 06:57 AM
I think here is a pic of that shifter in the 26 your talking about. (Ultra, let me know if you don't want this posted for some reason) John sent it to me to see if I wanted it on the one he's doing for me since the livorsi didn't work out. I said i'd go with the merc for now and switch out for a good looking single control when he could find one that worked. I think the single shifter is easier if you only have 1 enginge for docking and moving around congested areas. If I were going with a twin engine boat, then definitely offshore controls.
I like the setup, but from the picture it looks like the controls are too far forward and you would have to constantly be leaning forward to operate them. I think they would work better if they were moved back a bit. Again, this is judging from this particular picture.

ULTRA26 # 1
03-20-2007, 08:24 AM
I like the setup, but from the picture it looks like the controls are too far forward and you would have to constantly be leaning forward to operate them. I think they would work better if they were moved back a bit. Again, this is judging from this particular picture.
Mike,
I agree that the controls seem to far forward
JM

Schubyd
03-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Haynes Outdoors is an East Coast Dealer for Ultra. 804-769-7441

Strippoker
03-23-2007, 02:03 PM
The shifter felt real good with alot of room. The picture doesn't show the room the best. We are doing a simular set up on Singletons only with a cup holder I just walked up to look at the seat its looking great.

Ultracrazy
03-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Who's 26 did I see on the Moabi channel on Sunday?? Nice boat and it sounded sweet.
UC